Revelation 14, Zechariah 14 and the 144K

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

guysmith

Nov 12, 2007
Miami, FL

John states, in Revelation 14:1 Then
I looked, and there before me was the Lamb, standing on Mount Zion, and with
him 144,000 who had his name and his Father’s name written on their foreheads.

Do those believers that will be in Jerusalem
at Christ’s advent (described in Zechariah 14:1-5) consist of the 144K?

HeRoseFromTheDead

Not So Advanced Member
Jan 6, 2012
Uh no. Zechariah 14:1-5 has been fulfilled already. You're reading the wrong bible.

Try one of these bibles:
  • New Jerusalem Bible
  • New American Bible
  • New English Bible
  • Concordant Literal Version
  • Tanakh: The Holy Scriptures
  • Orthodox Study Bible
  • New English Translation of the LXX
  • Apostolic Bible Polyglot
  • Complete Apostles’ Bible

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
Psalms 114 & 115 2014 & 2015 14 & 15 Passover 14& 15 Jewish Calender, Tabernacles 14 & 15 Jewish Calendar, Purim 14 & 15 on the Jewish Calendare where Esther(new covenant Israel) who has been being prepared and groomed to be selected by the king out of all the nations being the spiritual Jews as the true body of Christ Jew and Gentile the ONE new man who's head is male/Christ will be caught up in the twinkling of an eye as their earthly tents are changed into their spiritual tabernacles/bodies.
Matt 24:31-37
31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:
33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.
34 Verily I say unto you, This generation {THAT YOU SEE THE FIG TREE BEGIN TO FLOURISH} shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

Israel became a state in 1948 and if you subtract 2018 from 1948 you get 70yrs and we know that 70yrs is considering a generation in todays time

35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.
36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.
37 But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Noah was given 7 days notice that he was to get into the ark. I believe that God has also given us 7 year notice since Psalm 111 or 2011- Psalms 118-2018 with 2014 being half way just as Jesus' ministry was for 3-1/2yrs... Then the man child(children of God holy nation born in one day Isaiah 66:7 & Rev 12:5 shall be caught up to God's throne rather actual heaven or to high positions in the earth I am not sure.
Actually Psalms111-117 are the Hallelujah Psalms, notice 111, 112 begin with Praise Ye the LORD and 113 ends with PYTL? And 114 appears to be an earthquake as in Rev.11:13 by the end of the Psalm yet there is no PYTL and 115 ends with PYTL as does 116 and 117 begins and ends with PYTL 7yrs, then we come to those who make it through the GT to 2018 or Ps.118

The two witnesses are the assembly of God's people they are the two trumpets and will fulfill the Feast of Trumpets, The earthquake that happens in what the Bible calls, the same hour where the 7,000 men OT saints who came out of their graves in an Earthquake after Jesus paid the debt and was resurrected do fulfill the dry bones of Ez 37 who are devout Jews and to this day say Romans11:4 and 1/10 of the city is destroyed will fulfill the Day of Atonement.... Then you have the birth of the son's of God to our mother heavenly Jerusalem in Rev 12 that will be caught up and bodies changed Fulfilling the Feast of Tabernacles just as the last 3-1/2 yrs of GT when Satan is thrown down to earth.

KJV

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vi78PmRX46Y

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shabbat shalom, ChristRoseFromTheDead.

ChristRoseFromTheDead said:
Uh no. Zechariah 14:1-5 has been fulfilled already. You're reading the wrong bible.

Try one of these bibles:
  • New Jerusalem Bible
  • New American Bible
  • New English Bible
  • Concordant Literal Version
  • Tanakh: The Holy Scriptures
  • Orthodox Study Bible
  • New English Translation of the LXX
  • Apostolic Bible Polyglot
  • Complete Apostles’ Bible
Sorry, but checking a different version does NOT satisfy the confusion; it only ADDS to the confusion. The truth is that "the jury is still out" on this one. The Septuagint may not agree with the Masoretic Text, but that doesn't make the Septuagint RIGHT! It only means that there is a discrepancy. Despite all the experts who claim that the text was mistranslated, they are only men after all, and ALL men are susceptible to errors, especially as they are commissioned by the very people who have a vested interest in making sure that they do NOT point to Yeshua` being the Messiah.

"Let God be true and EVERY man a liar!" The thing to do is to check the text against other passages that either quote the text or acknowledge its existence. This is the kind of research that I am performing. (I SHALL report my findings when I am done.)

HeRoseFromTheDead

Not So Advanced Member
Jan 6, 2012
Retrobyter said:
Sorry, but checking a different version does NOT satisfy the confusion; it only ADDS to the confusion. The truth is that "the jury is still out" on this one. The Septuagint may not agree with the Masoretic Text, but that doesn't make the Septuagint RIGHT! It only means that there is a discrepancy. Despite all the experts who claim that the text was mistranslated, they are only men after all, and ALL men are susceptible to errors, especially as they are commissioned by the very people who have a vested interest in making sure that they do NOT point to Yeshua` being the Messiah.
"Let God be true and EVERY man a liar!" The thing to do is to check the text against other passages that either quote the text or acknowledge its existence. This is the kind of research that I am performing. (I SHALL report my findings when I am done.)
Greetings RB. The jury is still out for you, but not for me. The LXX version of Zechariah 14:5 is not right because it is the LXX, or because it is better than the Masoretic Text (which isn't always the case), but because the facts of reality prove it to be so. It doesn't add to the confusion because people's minds are already completely confused by a wicked translation; if anything it will liberate them from an unprofitable delusion. However, it does have the potential for creating cognitive dissonance, and effort to discern the truth. I simply try to lay out the evidence and let every person make up their own mind.

Just remember that scriptural exegesis is meaningless when it contradicts reality.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
GuySmith

I certainly see the .... "Lord standing on the mount of olives" ..... used in both places.
As far as I know He only ..... "stands on the mount of olives" .... on one occasion (His return) Do you agree ?

I have no further comment at this time because it would probably take an hour or two to study first

But I am having some new thoughts today about the origins of the 144k ..... like most people I have figured they are from the current population of earth during the endtimes .... but now not so sure.

I am beginning to wonder if the 144k were redeemed from earth some time previously (when the 12 tribes were still around) ..... and maybe Jesus returns them to earth at the endtimes , complete with a protective sealing

I am now giving that some serious thought

I have (so far) not found verses saying they were redeemed from mankind specifically at the endtimes ..... if anyone can point out they were , please do.

(ps: I know they appear and are sealed at the endtimes , I am asking about when they were redeemed from mankind)

Not trying to derail your thread Guy ..... just sharing some new possibilities. thanks

HeRoseFromTheDead

Not So Advanced Member
Jan 6, 2012
afaithfulone4u said:
Israel became a state in 1948 and if you subtract 2018 from 1948 you get 70yrs and we know that 70yrs is considering a generation in todays time
Where do you come up with this garbage? A generation today is considered to be 25.4 years.

Trumpeter

Mar 6, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Thus says The Lord: For many will come, saying, “Let us slay them”. And though you slay a thousand, a thousand more will step forward and take their places... For sin can not prevent The Word of God from speaking! Nor shall it stop the mouths of those who bring glory to My name!
Yet I warn you, and to My speech take heed and pay close attention: Indeed, many thousands were slain in times past, and a thousand more were sent... Yet in the Day of The Lord’s anger, it shall not be so!
For indeed, many are appointed to the sword and many will be given up, bringing glory to My name... For strong is The Lord, and My will is purposed and established among the nations... Yet My witnesses shall live! And in My prophets I shall come to dwell as a flame of fire! Their number is not one thousand, but one hundred forty-four times one thousand!
Woe to those who come against them! For they are all strong towers, each one with battlements which can not be broken down, whose walls are impenetrable... Each one possessing the power of the trumpets of Jericho, and they shall surely shout! Each one carries the power of My sword to slay, and they shall strike quickly! Each one has a large spear to pierce, and many shall be driven through... Lo, they shall also carry a basin filled with water, by which they shall wash the feet of the penitent, until I come... I am The Lord.

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
Where do you come up with this garbage? A generation today is considered to be 25.4 years.

What I mean is that in todays world men only live on average to be 70 where as in the beginning they lived to be 900 and something. And 70 is a good prophetic # such as 70 family members of Joseph's family, 70ad the first temple was destroyed so that the new temple being Christ's body members could begin to be built.

Jer 25:10-16
10 Moreover I will take from them the voice of mirth, and the voice of gladness, the voice of the bridegroom, and the voice of the bride, the sound of the millstones, and the light of the candle.
11 And this whole land shall be a desolation, and an astonishment; and these nations shall serve the king of Babylon seventy years.
12 And it shall come to pass, when seventy years are accomplished, that I will punish the king of Babylon, and that nation, saith the LORD, for their iniquity, and the land of the Chaldeans, and will make it perpetual desolations.
13 And I will bring upon that land all my words which I have pronounced against it, even all that is written in this book, which Jeremiah hath prophesied against all the nations.
14 For many nations and great kings shall serve themselves of them also: and I will recompense them according to their deeds, and according to the works of their own hands.
15 For thus saith the LORD God of Israel unto me; Take the wine cup of this fury at my hand, and cause all the nations, to whom I send thee, to drink it.
16 And they shall drink, and be moved, and be mad, because of the sword that I will send among them.
KJV

Trumpeter said:
Thus says The Lord: For many will come, saying, “Let us slay them”. And though you slay a thousand, a thousand more will step forward and take their places... For sin can not prevent The Word of God from speaking! Nor shall it stop the mouths of those who bring glory to My name!
Yet I warn you, and to My speech take heed and pay close attention: Indeed, many thousands were slain in times past, and a thousand more were sent... Yet in the Day of The Lord’s anger, it shall not be so!
For indeed, many are appointed to the sword and many will be given up, bringing glory to My name... For strong is The Lord, and My will is purposed and established among the nations... Yet My witnesses shall live! And in My prophets I shall come to dwell as a flame of fire! Their number is not one thousand, but one hundred forty-four times one thousand!
Woe to those who come against them! For they are all strong towers, each one with battlements which can not be broken down, whose walls are impenetrable... Each one possessing the power of the trumpets of Jericho, and they shall surely shout! Each one carries the power of My sword to slay, and they shall strike quickly! Each one has a large spear to pierce, and many shall be driven through... Lo, they shall also carry a basin filled with water, by which they shall wash the feet of the penitent, until I come... I am The Lord.

Greetings my Brother Trumpeter!

The spirit of the lord tells me that he doesn't speak through you.
You are entitled to your Opinion

Trumpeter

Mar 6, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Thus says The Lord: To the prophets, My witnesses, 144,000, to you it has been purposed, and it shall be done. You shall not be of the world, though you remain in it. All stumbling blocks shall be removed from your path and all chains loosed from your body. You shall be at The Lord’s beck and call. Indeed, I shall send you here and there according to the good pleasure of My will. I will provide even all things you will need. Nothing shall keep you from My purpose or halt your steps. Even all I shall give to you, you shall keep, and those of your own body shall be taken. And in that self-same hour, you shall lose everything and lose nothing... You shall gain the world, and the world shall become your enemy.
At this present time, your first enemy is yourself, only second to the devil, for he will try to turn you against yourself, even endeavoring to turn even all those you love into your enemies. Be not troubled in this... You shall become strong. And by My own word, you shall become great, great in word and deed. For The Lord, Himself, shall teach you, and you shall overcome. And when the Thief comes and spoils the strong man’s house, you shall be fully established, following after Me to take yet more from him who has cursed My name and corrupted My vessels. I shall purge them by fire, even seven times, and you shall carry them. And when I command you, you shall mount up on the wings of eagles, and I shall carry you with them to a place I will show you, and there shall you abide for a time, times, and the dividing of time. Then The Lord shall come in great glory on His mount of white, with clouds roiling. Yea, there shall be great lightnings and thunderings proceeding the great and awesome coming of The Son of Man in His glory... Even the sun, the moon and the stars shall not give their light.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
guysmith said:

John states, in Revelation 14:1 Then
I looked, and there before me was the Lamb, standing on Mount Zion, and with
him 144,000 who had his name and his Father’s name written on their foreheads.

Do those believers that will be in Jerusalem
at Christ’s advent (described in Zechariah 14:1-5) consist of the 144K?
The 144,000 of Rev.14 and all those who got the Victory of Rev.15 is like the Rev.7 comparison between the 144,000 out of the 12 tribes of Israel contrasted with the "great multitude" out of every nation, people, kindred and tongue put for believing Gentiles.

BOTH represent believers making up Christ's Church.