Roe V. Wade Overturned, June 24, 2022

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They should've gone step forward and make it mandatory illegal in all 50 States and territories to commit abortion.
I believe the US Supreme Court will soon rule on the definition of "Personhood" being at conception, this will make abortion unlawful in all 50 states and US terroritories

It's been 49 years of killing the innocent unborn in the US, this decision is 1,000 steps in the right direction, and I believe abortion will be completely outlawed in the future

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If only Trump were President, this Buffoon Biden will not curb any violence, the citizens will be left to defend themselves, thank God for the Second Amendment.
This worthless administration enables violence from the left and continues to stoke the fires of civil war. The Second Amendment is absolutely critical! Stand strong my fellow patriotic God fearing Americans!

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This worthless administration enables violence from the left and continues to stoke the fires of civil war. The Second Amendment is absolutely critical! Stand strong my fellow patriotic God fearing Americans!
God forbid it would ever come to the conservatives against the liberals in literal war, the left would be dealt with "quickly" in the face of a Civilwar

Desire Of All Nations

Jun 23, 2021
Troy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God forbid it would ever come to the conservatives against the liberals in literal war, the left would be dealt with "quickly" in the face of a Civilwar
This belief routinely ignores the fact that right wingers aren't the only ones who have access to firearms or are willing to use firearms. The radical left being anti-2nd Amendment doesn't inherently mean that they're against using firearms. It certainly doesn't mean that their willingness to commit violence should be underestimated when the party has a long track record of employing violence to achieve an end.

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This belief routinely ignores the fact that right wingers aren't the only ones who have access to firearms or are willing to use firearms. The radical left being anti-2nd Amendment doesn't inherently mean that they're against using firearms. It certainly doesn't mean that their willingness to commit violence should be underestimated when the party has a long track record of employing violence to achieve an end.
There’s a difference between the left and right, the left are cowards.

Last edited:

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Conservatives own 2/3 of all fire arms in the US

Conservatives are in the majority in professions that are in gun ownership, police, state troopers, etc

Conservatives are and have been in the majority in the US military

The leftist army in opposition, is comprised of spoiled aged college kids with George Soros $$$ in the vast majority, that don't have a clue on guns and military operations, that are blown up to a Goliath through MSM smoke and mirrors in propaganda

The conservative army is comprised of gun owners, police, firemen, farmers, military, blue collared workers, truck drivers, you name it, that will die to protect America, her constitution, and freedoms

The untrained, unarmed, liberal left willing to fight, would be out numbered 15/1 a conservative figure

A outright civil war with the left, with real battle lines drawn, wouldn't last a week with the liberals taking 80% of casualties a conservative figure, realistically at 95%

God Forbid

Last edited:

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Obviously, most of the members here (or at least those who posted on this thread) are concerned with ending abortion. I understand that, I think it's a terrible thing as well.

I am more concerned with the gov't and especially the federal gov't staying out of our lives. This is actually a step in the right direction. What it does is nullify at the federal level a precedent that protects abortion. It HAS NOT outlawed abortion! It ultimately leaves the decision up to each state. I like that much more than a court ruling that is used to protect the right to have an abortion.

The left wing isn't going to appreciate this, but they should! When the federal gov't gets out of the way, it allows states and their citizens to be freer. I guarantee they would be ecstatic if the 2nd ammendment was this way.

Now it's not like right wing politics is any better. Have you noticed that each wing is against filibustering and line item veto when it isn't in their favor but they are for it when it benefits them?

Am I against abortion? I am on the fence on that issue and I know that will infuriate some folks. I will skip my reasoning for this except to say I believe in as little gov't involvement as possible is best. I don't want gov't telling me what I can and can't do any more than what is necessary. God can do that, and I will rejoice in that! Gov't not so much. Govt is not God.

Reactions: RedFan and Taken

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Obviously, most of the members here (or at least those who posted on this thread) are concerned with ending abortion. I understand that, I think it's a terrible thing as well.

I am more concerned with the gov't and especially the federal gov't staying out of our lives. This is actually a step in the right direction. What it does is nullify at the federal level a precedent that protects abortion. It HAS NOT outlawed abortion! It ultimately leaves the decision up to each state. I like that much more than a court ruling that is used to protect the right to have an abortion.

The left wing isn't going to appreciate this, but they should! When the federal gov't gets out of the way, it allows states and their citizens to be freer. I guarantee they would be ecstatic if the 2nd ammendment was this way.

Now it's not like right wing politics is any better. Have you noticed that each wing is against filibustering and line item veto when it isn't in their favor but they are for it when it benefits them?

Am I against abortion? I am on the fence on that issue and I know that will infuriate some folks. I will skip my reasoning for this except to say I believe in as little gov't involvement as possible is best. I don't want gov't telling me what I can and can't do any more than what is necessary. God can do that, and I will rejoice in that! Gov't not so much. Govt is not God.
It won't be long, and the US Supreme Court will define "Personhood" that begins at conception, making killing the innocent unborn (Abortion) a crime, and illegal in all 50 states and territories

The Best Is Yet To Come!

Trump-De Santis 2024

Reactions: JohnPaul

LouisWilliams

Mar 3, 2021
Home
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I consider myself a fairly open-minded moderate, and I have friends from both parties in real life.

But I do think that abortion is the one political issue that Christians from all backgrounds should unite to support. Killing 50 million babies is NOT something anyone should be proud of, religious or atheist or somewhere in between. There are also non-religious people who strongly dislike abortion.

I think American Christians have become so liberal and secularized in recent years, that some backlash was inevitable. Look at how many churches today celebrate same-gender marriage or legal rights to abortion, and are indifferent towards drugs, feminism, rap music and lots of other things promoted by secular materialism. Perhaps some churches should try to adapt to the modern era. Yet such adapation should ideally NOT come by compromising the timeless ideals and principles their faith was originally founded upon.

For example, 56% of U.S. Catholics think that abortion should be legal in most or all cases. For members of the most pro-life group in America, that is very perturbing.
8 key findings about Catholics and abortion

"Note, too, that the Democratic Party’s extreme position on abortion represents the views of its white, highly educated voters but not its minority members. While 83 percent of white Democrats support legal abortion, according to a 2017 Pew Research Center poll, only 66 percent of black Democrats agree. Similarly, Pew found that 35 percent of white Democrats say voters should support only candidates who favor legal abortion, while just 7 percent of black Democrats say the same.

Meanwhile, the United States has, overall, more permissive abortion laws than almost anywhere else in the world. It is one of only seven countries — the others are Canada, China, the Netherlands, North Korea, Singapore and Vietnam — to allow elective abortion after 20 weeks of pregnancy, as The Washington Post’s Fact Checker column has confirmed."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outl...9af73c-01a4-11ea-8bab-0fc209e065a8_story.html

Last edited:

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I have been following discourse on this subject since it hit the headlines and have availed myself of various views and interpretations put out by the secular media. There has been a pattern in almost all the comments which goes like this.

It is despicable that we should be deprived of the right to terminate the life of an innocent baby if its birth will be inconvenient for us.

The baby has no right to live because its birth will interfere with my future and my career prospects.

How dare you stop me from doing what I want with my body.

The third one is embodied in the chant of my body my choice.

Most of what the killers chant is lies. As in my body my choice. It may well be their body but the baby inside is not their body. It is a separate living being afforded the same rights as the woman who is carrying it.

Another one is that abortion is a Constitutional right. Not so. The Consitution gives no one the right to kill a baby in the womb.

They conveniently forget that Roe in Roe v Wade was not pregnant so on that basis the case is invalidated because a crime has to be committed for the Courts to rule on it.

And the saddest thing of all is that the rights of the baby do not figure in any argument from the pro-aborts. It is as though it does not exist and they are arguing over some esoteric entity that is purely in the mind.

The canceling of the Roe v Wade outcome will not stop those who are determined to keep the killing of babies legal but it has stopped the wholesale slaughter of babies because of one law and for that, we should be thankful.

The pro-killers are going to use every lie and every trick in the book to keep the killing legal and lawful but the move by the Supreme Court has made this a bit more difficult for them.

It is interesting to note that this decision by the Supreme Court has woken the sleeping dragon. Suddenly the Supreme Court is evil personified so we must do everything we can to destroy it and fill it with judges that want baby killing legal.

The biggest hypocrite in all this is Joe Biden, a man who is supposed to be a faithful catholic. He is doing everything in his power to ensure that the killing of babies is supported in every way possible. The other hypocrite is the Pope who still gives Biden communion because he is a good catholic overall. ???????? I never knew that a good catholic embraced the murder of innocent babies in the womb.