Romans 11 and the real Replacement Theology

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

What is written directly to the Jews, belongs to and is for the Jews. What is written directly to the Gentiles, belongs to and is for the Gentiles. What is written directly to the Church of God, belongs to and is for the Church of God. What does God mean when He tells us that the visions shown to Isaiah was concerning Judah and Jerusalem? It was not addressed to us or written concerning us, but it was addressed to and concerning Judah and Jerusalem. It would be dishonest for the Church of God to interpret to the Church of God what God said concerns Israel.
The above is nonsense, in the full sense of the meaning of the word "nonsense". Israel's history is our history if we have been grafted into Christ. There is only one Israel - the Israel of God.

Christ is not divided, no matter how much your mind is.

-- There is one body and one Spirit, even as you are called in one hope of your calling, one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all, who is above all and through all and in you all. -- Ephesians 4:4-6

Last edited:

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only because we are still in our bodies of flesh and blood. Therefore there is neither Chinese person, nor German in Christ. There is neither Frenchman, nor Maori in Christ. There is neither Jew, nor Arab in Christ. There is neither Israeli, nor Palestinian in Christ, for we are all one in Christ Jesus, for "There is one body and one Spirit, even as you are called in one hope of your calling, one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all, who is above all and through all and in you all." Ephesians 4:4-6.

God the Father sees only Christ, the last Adam, when He looks at all those who are in the last Adam through their faith in Him, but In the world there is still a distinction between Chinese person and German, Frenchman and Maori, Jew and Arab, Israeli and Palestinian, because we are still in our bodies of flesh and blood.

Hope this helps.
The one body of Ephesians 4:4 is the church, not a personal body.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The one body of Ephesians 4:4 is the church, not a personal body.
The Church is the Body of Christ = so YEAH, it is PERSONAL

“While thus occupied, as I journeyed to Damascus with authority and commission from the chief priests, at midday, O king, along the road I saw a light from heaven, brighter than the sun, shining around me and those who journeyed with me. And when we all had fallen to the ground, I heard a voice speaking to me and saying in the Hebrew language, ‘Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me?
It is hard for you to kick against the goads.’ So I said, ‘Who are You, Lord?’ And He said, ‘I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting.
Acts 26:12-15

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Zao is life

liafailrock

Jul 4, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How does God identify "them"?

1. Their physical DNA
2. Their talmudic religion
3. Their culture
4. Their community
5. Their domicile
6. Something else
I'm not sure of all the ways, but God has His ways as stated in His word (Hosea 5:3), even in their "lost tribes" state:

I know Ephraim, And Israel is not hidden from Me; For now, O Ephraim, you commit harlotry; Israel is defiled.

Reactions: David in NJ

liafailrock

Jul 4, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1. Where does the name Israel come from?
2. Who was first to be named named Israel?
3. How many sons did he have?
4. Were the descendants of his sons all Jews?
5. Who are called Israel according to Romans 11:5 & 17?
1 &2: Genesis 32:28 the new name given to Jacob
3: 12 sons and a daughter
4: No, Jews are the citizens of mostly the tribes of Judah and Benjamin aka the house of Judah. The rest are so-called "lost tribes" prophesied to become a Great nation and many nations to the house to Joseph. Joseph had the birthright promises. Since Joseph became a "Gentile" that foreshadowed how the Israelites would also become Gentiles and many of them Christians - The Arabs know they have Abraham as father. The Jews know they have Abraham as father. Many Christians do not realize they also have Abraham as (physical) father.
5: (v5) The election of (physical Israel i.e. race) is Ephraim Israel who in that group would be that remnant. This does not mean Jews or non-Israelite Gentiles can't also be the chosen of grace. He's talking about grace at this point in the election (v17) But the broken off branches are Judah-Israel (the Jews) who did not accept the coming of Jesus Christ by faith. So these branches were broken off to make room for those cast out of the land (i.e. Israel which never returned) but just as important, this opens the door for non-Israelite Gentiles to become part of the olive tree, as they were wild before being graphed in.

I studied a lot of this fascinating topic and once had a web site on it. The reason why I no longer have the site is I was very poor in promoting it albeit I had my group of readers. People simply did not know about it although I was quoted in forums and one guy said to the effect that he did not know why the stuffed-suits in the pulpit did not teach this stuff. LOL I was happy that the Bible was making more sense. Also, there's only so many ways to skin a cat, so I guess the Lord did not give me any more messages (although I had hundreds) and did not know what else to say. It served its purpose. Time to move on (maybe God stopped me because only so many were to know about it).

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1, 2, 5 & 6 are correct. But you fail to see the distinction between Jews and Gentiles ON EARTH in Romans 11. Paul even identifies himself as an Israelite. "IN CHRIST" there is no distinction but Israel is a chosen nation, separate from the Gentiles and still is recognized as such. It's there ... look on the map ... read the news. Hello, Islamic nations are gathering together to war against Israel. So a remnant (1/3) of these Jews will be saved as will a 1/3 population of the planet saved. It is interesting that the numbers are about that now 2.65 billion Christians of some 8 billion.

Jeremiah said that God would not cut off ALL the seed of Israel when God brings in a New Covenant (Jeremiah 31:36-37), meaning that a remnant would be saved - just as occurred when Jesus had died and risen again (as Paul stated in Romans 11:1-5).
A remnant was saved then and that generation died. And in every generation from that time on, Jews and Gentiles were saved
7. Therefore simple arithmetic and logic tells us that the church = Israel = the church.
You are calling the Church Israel. It is not! The Church is the Body of Christ. Israel is a nation occupied by many Israelites that are of both bloodline and seed of Abraham. As scripture states, many are not true Israel.
The person who coined the phrase "Replacement Theology" in respect of what Jesus and His apostles taught is very, very confused, does not understand basic arithmetic, and exalts one anti-Christ(ian) nation above all other anti-Christ(ian) people merely because the nation that he exalts above all other unbelievers, are naturally-born descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.
You are confused.
(b) IF (Romans 11:23) an unbelieving Jewish person repents of his or her unbelief, the person will be grafted back into the Israel that he is a naturally born descendant of ("their own Olive tree") - and this is because:
You are calling Christ, Israel. Christ is the VINE that some Israelites were cut off from so that the Gentiles could be crafted in. Jews will soon be crafted into the VINE. As scripture states, all Israel will be saved. We see on Rev. 7, 144k from 12 tribes that obviously God has sustained throughout the generations unbeknownst to us
. They were scattered throughout the world and after 18 centuries, God brought them back. In 1948, the nation of ISRAEL WAS REBORN.

___<<<&&__/<<<____

For those who use Gal. 6:16 to support argument, think again.

Gal. 6:12 As many as desire to make a good showing in the flesh, these would compel you to be circumcised, only that they may not suffer persecution for the cross of Christ. 13 For not even those who are circumcised keep the law, but they desire to have you circumcised that they may boast in your flesh. 14 But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world. 15 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision avails anything, but a new creation.

>>>16 And as many as walk according to this rule, peace and mercy be upon them,
AND upon the Israel of God.

Peace and mercy on Israelites who believe too. Those who are on Christ aren't Israelites.

GOD IS NOT THROUGH WITH ISRAEL!!!

____<<<>__<<<<<<_^^

Commentaries ...

Dr. John MacArthur
comments that…

The Israel of God refers to Jewish believers in Jesus Christ, to those who are spiritual as well as physical descendants of Abraham (Galatians 3:7) and are heirs of promise rather than of law (Ga 3:18). They are the real Jews, the true Israel of faith, like those referred to in Romans 2:28 (note), Ro 2:29 (note) and Ro 9:6,7 (note). (MacArthur, J. Galatians. Chicago: Moody Press - page 210)

Dr. Charles Ryrie writes that "Israel of God" represents…

Christian Jews, those who are both the physical and spiritual seed of Abraham. The church is not equated with the new Israel of God; rather two groups are mentioned here--all believing Galatians and especially believing Jews in that group." (The Ryrie Study Bible) (Bolding added)

Dr. Henry Morris adds that…

The Israel of God is not a synonym for the church, but refers rather to those Jewish Christians in the church who were truly resting in the grace and liberty of Christ, justified by faith in His finished work of redemption--not in circumcision or any other works of the law. Paul was contrasting them with the Judaizers, the professing Jewish Christians who were troubling the Gentile Christians with their insistence on circumcision and Jewish ritualism in general, even while they themselves could not "keep the law" (Galatians 6:13) and indeed may well have been manifesting "the works of the flesh" rather than "the fruit of the Spirit" (Galatians 5:19, 20, 21, 22, 23-see notes). (Defenders Study Bible

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm not sure of all the ways, but God has His ways as stated in His word (Hosea 5:3), even in their "lost tribes" state:

I know Ephraim, And Israel is not hidden from Me; For now, O Ephraim, you commit harlotry; Israel is defiled.
Would faithfulness and obedience to God and His Son qualify?

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
@liafailrock This post was not meant to be in reply to you. You were not supposed to be quoted.

Sorry. I must have confused you a whole lot with some of what I said below:

@liafailrock I have some people on an ignore list here because they show the opposite of the fruit of the Spirit in most of their posts.

Sometimes (seldom) I might choose to respond to something they posted though (if I became aware of their post - because their posts are hidden from me when I'm logged in).

I accidentally clicked on "Reply" for one of your posts instead of the post I was actually replying to when I wrote this:

As in my OP. Jews who do not believe in Jesus are not part of Israel, just because they are naturally-born descendants of Israel. This is the message of Jesus and of His apostles.

Also part of the same message is the fact that there is no distinction between Jewish Israel and Gentile Israel in Christ, because "There is one body and one Spirit, even as you are called in one hope of your calling, one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all, who is above all and through all and in you all." and "There cannot be Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is no male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. And if you are Christ's, then you are Abraham's seed and heirs according to the promise." (Ephesians 4:4-6; Galatians 3:28-29).

Quoting Dispensationlist teachers like John McAarthur and other Dispensationlist teachers who agree with you because you are a Dispensationalist does not support your arguments, or theirs. Because there are many scholars - more educated - whose statements refute those of McArthur and others, which you should rather quote if you are going to quote outside sources, because the ones you quoted are full of error which more educated scholars have already exposed.

Rather however be big enough to quote only from the scriptures. Looking for someone you regard as your protector and bringing him along is not a very clever thing to do.

God does not look at genetic ancestry when electing the seed of Abraham who are in Christ through their faith in Christ.​

Last edited:

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Commentaries ...

Dr. John MacArthur
comments that…

The Israel of God refers to Jewish believers in Jesus Christ, to those who are spiritual as well as physical descendants of Abraham (Galatians 3:7) and are heirs of promise rather than of law (Ga 3:18). They are the real Jews, the true Israel of faith, like those referred to in Romans 2:28 (note), Ro 2:29 (note) and Ro 9:6,7 (note). (MacArthur, J. Galatians. Chicago: Moody Press - page 210)

Dr. Charles Ryrie writes that "Israel of God" represents…

Christian Jews, those who are both the physical and spiritual seed of Abraham. The church is not equated with the new Israel of God; rather two groups are mentioned here--all believing Galatians and especially believing Jews in that group." (The Ryrie Study Bible) (Bolding added)

Dr. Henry Morris adds that…

The Israel of God is not a synonym for the church, but refers rather to those Jewish Christians in the church who were truly resting in the grace and liberty of Christ, justified by faith in His finished work of redemption--not in circumcision or any other works of the law. Paul was contrasting them with the Judaizers, the professing Jewish Christians who were troubling the Gentile Christians with their insistence on circumcision and Jewish ritualism in general, even while they themselves could not "keep the law" (Galatians 6:13) and indeed may well have been manifesting "the works of the flesh" rather than "the fruit of the Spirit" (Galatians 5:19, 20, 21, 22, 23-see notes). (Defenders Study Bible

Albert Barnes
And upon the Israel of God - The true church of God; all who are his true worshippers

John Calvin
In a word, he gives the appellation of the Israel of God to those whom he formerly denominated the children of Abraham by faith, (Galatians 3:29,) and thus includes all believers, whether Jews or Gentiles, who were united into one church.

John Chrysostom
Tell me not then, he says, of circumcision, which now availeth nothing; (for how shall it appear, when all things have undergone such a change?) but seek the new things of grace. For they who pursue these things shall enjoy peace and amity, and may properly be called by the name of "Israel."

Adam Clarke
The Israel of God - The true Christians, called here the Israel of God, to distinguish them from Israel according to the flesh.

John Gill
upon the Israel of God; which is a further description of the persons, for whom he prays for these blessings; and is not to be understood by way of distinction from them, but as an amplification of their character; and as pointing out the Israel, by way of emphasis, the Israel, or Israelites indeed, the spiritual Israel, as distinct from Israel according to the flesh.

Matthew Henry
the Israel of God, by whom he means all sincere Christians, whether Jews or Gentiles, all who are Israelites indeed, who, though they may not be the natural, yet are become the spiritual seed of Abraham; these, being heirs of his faith, are also heirs together with him of the same promise, and consequently entitled to the peace and mercy here spoken of.

John Wesley
upon the Israel, that is, the Church, of God - Which consists of all those, and those only, of every nation and kindred, who walk by this rule.

Whom to believe?

1. Modernist dispensationalites
2. Historical defenders of the True Faith for more than 17 centuries

Who needs a hint?

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1. John taught us that ALL humans who do not believe in the Son of God are anti-Christ(ian). (1 John 2:22-23).

2. Paul taught that not ALL naturally-born descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob are Israel (Romans 9:6-8), because those of the naturally-born descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob who do not believe in the seed of Abraham (Christ) are broken off from God's covenant-promises that He made with Abraham and his seed (Romans 11:1-5, 17).

They are broken off from the Israel of God. (Galatians 6:16).
3. Jeremiah said that God would not cut off ALL the seed of Israel when God brings in a New Covenant (Jeremiah 31:36-37), meaning that a remnant would be saved - just as occurred when Jesus had died and risen again (as Paul stated in Romans 11:1-5).
4. Paul taught us that Gentiles who do believe are grafted into Israel - into God's covenant-promises with Abraham and his seed - and are among the remnant of the naturally-born descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob who believe. (Romans 11:17).

5. Peter and Paul both taught us that together these Jews and Gentiles in Christ are the living stones that are God's Tabernacle, indwelt by the Holy Spirit. (Ephesians 2:19-22; 1 Peter 2:5).

6. Paul taught that in Christ there is neither Jew nor Gentile. (Galatians 3:28).

7. Therefore simple arithmetic and logic tells us that the church = Israel = the church.

The person who coined the phrase "Replacement Theology" in respect of what Jesus and His apostles taught is very, very confused, does not understand basic arithmetic, and exalts one anti-Christ(ian) nation above all other anti-Christ(ian) people merely because the nation that he exalts above all other unbelievers, are naturally-born descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

Those who follow this heresy are so confused that they do not even realize that they are practicing replacement theology by replacing Christ - the seed who inherits all the promises of God contained in God's covenant with Abraham and his seed - with people who reject Him.

They also fail to realize that the Deliverer who came out of Zion is Jesus, and the day in which He made a covenant (the new covenant) with Israel was the day He took away their (and our) sins (Romans 11:26-27).

They do not understand that ever since the Deliverer came out of Zion and made a new covenant with Israel in the day He took away their (and our sins):-

(a) The fullness of the Gentiles is being grafted into Israel through faith in Christ, sharing with the naturally-born believing descendants of Israel in the root and fatness of the Olive tree; and

(b) IF (Romans 11:23) an unbelieving Jewish person repents of his or her unbelief, the person will be grafted back into the Israel that he is a naturally born descendant of ("their own Olive tree") - and this is because:

i. For the sake of God's promise to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, they are still loved.
ii. God had mercy on Gentiles who believe through their unbelief.
iii. God is able to graft them in again.

Those who follow this heresy of replacing Israel in Christ with those who are not in Christ, calling them "the chosen nation, or "the elect of God" are so confused that they think the Deliverer is still going to come out of Zion in order to take away ungodliness from Jacob by taking away their sins, and making a new covenant with Jacob (the house of Israel and the house of Judah) in His blood.

They do not understand that when Jesus returns, He returns in judgment of unbelievers, He is not going to return as the Deliverer who takes away sin a second time.​
Tell me.... How does this scripture fit into your Understanding of your Thread/Topic you created... Is it willingly???

1Co 12:3 Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God says, "Jesus is accursed"; and no one can say, "Jesus is Lord," except by the Holy Spirit.

Do you think you can say Jesus is Lord all by yourself? Or do you need the Holy Spirit to make it happen.... ?

We agree.... John taught us that ALL humans who do not believe in the Son of God are anti-Christ(ian).
But... do those whom do not believe... are thay at fault????

You need to study these verses in context!!!

NASB Act 13:48 When the Gentiles heard this, they began rejoicing and glorifying the word of the Lord; and as many as had been appointed to eternal life believed.
CEV Act 13:48 This message made the Gentiles glad, and they praised what they had heard about the Lord. Everyone who had been chosen for eternal life then put their faith in the Lord.

NASB Joh 6:65 And He was saying, "For this reason I have said to you, that no one can come to Me unless it has been granted him from the Father."
CEV Joh 6:65 Then Jesus said, "You cannot come to me, unless the Father makes you want to come. That is why I have told these things to all of you."

Goes back to 1Co 12:3...
Think...
Paul

liafailrock

Jul 4, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As in my OP. Jews who do not believe in Jesus are not part of Israel, just because they are naturally-born descendants of Israel. This is the message of Jesus and of His apostles.

Also part of the same message is the fact that there is no distinction between Jewish Israel and Gentile Israel in Christ, because "There is one body and one Spirit, even as you are called in one hope of your calling, one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all, who is above all and through all and in you all." and "There cannot be Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is no male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. And if you are Christ's, then you are Abraham's seed and heirs according to the promise." (Ephesians 4:4-6; Galatians 3:28-29).

Quoting Dispensationlist teachers like John McAarthur and other Dispensationlist teachers who agree with you because you are a Dispensationalist does not support your arguments, or theirs. Because there are many scholars - more educated - whose statements refute those of McArthur and others, which you should rather quote if you are going to quote outside sources, because the ones you quoted are full of error which more educated scholars have already exposed.

Rather however be big enough to quote only from the scriptures. Looking for someone you regard as your protector and bringing him along is not a very clever thing to do.

God does not look at genetic ancestry when electing the seed of Abraham who are in Christ through their faith in Christ.​
Well, they are part of Israel. They just aren't saved yet (if that's your concern). Israel is a genealogical nation and family. It takes that for the Gentiles to be believers in Christ. Without the genealogy, there is no spiritual Israel of God that is, unless one has a Jesus or God of their imagination.

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 23
33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?

You defend serpents.
Rom 11:25 For I do not want you, covenantee, to be uninformed of this mystery--so that you will not be wise in your own estimation--that a partial hardening has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in; 26 and so all Israel will be saved; just as it is written, "THE DELIVERER WILL COME FROM ZION, HE WILL REMOVE UNGODLINESS FROM JACOB." 27 "THIS IS MY COVENANT WITH THEM, WHEN I TAKE AWAY THEIR SINS."

Someone is talking to you...
"the other" Paul

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
IMO this underlined part is where you've made an error:
But the broken off branches were broken off to make room for those cast out of the land (i.e. Israel which never returned) but just as important, this opens the door for non-Israelite Gentiles to become part of the olive tree, as they were wild before being graphed in.
They were not broken off in order to make room for anyone.

In Romans 11 Paul said that Gentiles might say that they were broken off to make room,

but they were broken off solely because of their unbelief. The fact that they were broken off meant that God would have mercy on the Gentiles ALSO

- because He has mercy on those natural descendants of Israel/Judah who do not continue in their unbelief,

- and He has mercy on them partly because He has mercy on Gentiles who believe

- but also for the sake of His covenant with Abraham, and His love for the fathers (Abraham, Isaac and Jacob)

- so He has mercy on Gentiles as well as on those natural descendants of Israel/Judah who do not continue in their unbelief.

There has always only been one Israel - the seed of Abraham - and its root is God's promises to Abraham, and Abraham's faith in God and in His Word (His promises to Abraham).

Gentiles are grafted into the same Israel that the Jewish remnant remained citizens of in the first century, and the same Israel has always had a remnant of Jewish believers.

Regarding the tabernacle where God is worshiped, the difference is that since the time of Christ the temple = Jews and Gentiles in Christ who are indwelt by the Holy Spirit (the living stones of the temple),

a.k.a "The Church".

Israel = the seed of Abraham and it is not a "country" without citizens.

The citizens of Israel = the seed of Abraham = Jews and Gentiles in Christ = the church = Israel.
It's NOT "Replacement" Theology. Dispensationalism's teaching about the Jews and Israel is a lie.
1 &2: Genesis 32:28 the new name given to Jacob
3: 12 sons and a daughter
4: No, Jews are the citizens of mostly the tribes of Judah and Benjamin aka the house of Judah.

The rest are so-called "lost tribes" prophesied to become a Great nation and many nations to the house to Joseph. Joseph had the birthright promises.
Jacob on his deathbed told Joseph that his seed would become the fullness of the Gentiles. That's where my name in these forums comes from. In English the fullness of the Gentiles in Genesis 48:19 is translated "a multitude of nations". Same thing.

Paul included the Gentiles where he spoke of Hosea 1:9-10 as though it had been fulfilled in Christ (Romans 9:25-26). Paul stated that Gentiles who believe in Jesus are grafted into ISRAEL - the seed of Abraham among the remnant of his natural seed who believe (Romans 11:17).​

Last edited:

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Rom 11:25 For I do not want you, covenantee, to be uninformed of this mystery--so that you will not be wise in your own estimation--that a partial hardening has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in; 26 and so all Israel will be saved; just as it is written, "THE DELIVERER WILL COME FROM ZION, HE WILL REMOVE UNGODLINESS FROM JACOB." 27 "THIS IS MY COVENANT WITH THEM, WHEN I TAKE AWAY THEIR SINS."

Someone is talking to you...
"the other" Paul
Two Israels.

Romans 9
6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:
7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.
8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

1. Of Israel:
Not all Israel
The children of the flesh
Not the children of God
Not the children of the promise
Not counted for the seed

2. All Israel:
Not of Israel
Not the children of the flesh
The children of God
The children of the promise
Counted for the seed

Only one of these two Israels shall be saved.

Romans 11

26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

Only the faithful obedient spiritual "all Israel", comprised of the believing elect beloved remnant from Israel (Romans 9:27; Romans 11:1-5,26,28), and believers from among the Gentiles (Romans 11:11), shall be saved.

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Well, they are part of Israel. They just aren't saved yet (if that's your concern). Israel is a genealogical nation and family. It takes that for the Gentiles to be believers in Christ. Without the genealogy, there is no spiritual Israel of God that is, unless one has a Jesus or God of their imagination.
Yes they are part of Israel naturally descended from Abraham. They are broken off from God's elect. Only believing Jews remain God's elect, + Gentiles who are joined to them.

Last edited:

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Two Israels.

Romans 9
6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:
7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.
8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

1. Of Israel:
Not all Israel
The children of the flesh
Not the children of God
Not the children of the promise
Not counted for the seed

2. All Israel:
Not of Israel
Not the children of the flesh
The children of God
The children of the promise
Counted for the seed

Only one of these two Israels shall be saved.

Romans 11

26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

Only the faithful obedient spiritual "all Israel", comprised of the believing elect beloved remnant from Israel (Romans 9:27; Romans 11:1-5,26,28), and believers from among the Gentiles (Romans 11:11), shall be saved.
Really....
NASB Eph 1:11 also we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to His purpose who works all things after the counsel of His will,

Net Eph 1:11 In Christ28 we too have been claimed as God's own possession,29(G280) since we were predestined (G4309) according to the one purpose of him who accomplishes all things according to the counsel of his will

29 tn Grk "we were appointed by lot." The notion of the verb κληρόω (klēroō) in the OT was to "appoint a portion by lot" (the more frequent cognate verb κληρονομέω [klēronomeō] meant "obtain a portion by lot"). In the passive, as here, the idea is that "we were appointed [as a portion] by lot" (BDAG 548 s.v. κληρόω 1). The words "God's own" have been supplied in the translation to clarify this sense of the verb. An alternative interpretation is that believers receive a portion as an inheritance: "In Christ we too have been appointed a portion of the inheritance." See H. W. Hoehner, Ephesians, 226-27, for discussion on this interpretive issue.

Word study
G2820

κληρόω
klēróō; contracted klērṓ, fut. klērṓsō, from klḗros (G2819), a lot. To cast lots, determine by lot, i.e., to determine something, choose someone. In Eph_1:11, it means, "in whom the lot has fallen upon us also, as foreordained thereto . . . to be" (a.t.). The idea expressed here is that Christians have become heirs of God due to the fact that God predestined them according to His purpose. In a manner of speaking, the "lot" fell to believers not by chance but solely because of the gracious and sovereign decision of God- Almighty to select them to be His heirs.
Deriv.: prosklēróō (G4345), to give or assign by lot.

Word study
G4309

προορίζω
proorízō; fut. proorísō, from pró (G4253), before, and horízō (G3724), to determine. To determine or decree beforehand (Act_4:28; Rom_8:29-30; 1Co_2:7; Eph_1:5, Eph_1:11). The peace of the Christian Church has been disrupted due to the misunderstanding which surrounds this word. It behooves the Church to consider the divinely intended meaning of this word by carefully examining the critical passages where it is used.

In 1Co_2:7 it has a thing as its obj., namely, the wisdom of God. The purpose was our glory, i.e., our benefits of salvation.

In Act_4:28 the verb is followed by the aor. inf. genésthai (gínomai [G1096], to be, become), to be done. The action of Herod and Pontius Pilate in crucifying Jesus Christ is said to have been predetermined or foreordained by the hand and will of God. This indicates that Christ's mission, especially His death and resurrection, was not ultimately the result of human will but originated in the eternal counsel of God which decreed the event determining all its primary and secondary causes, instruments, agents, and contingencies.

In Rom_8:29-30, predestination is used of God's actions in eternally decreeing both the objects and goal of His plan of salvation. Proorízō has a personal obj., the pl. relative pron. hoús, whom. This relative pron. refers to those previously mentioned as those whom God foreknew (proégnō [G4267]). The translation is, "For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate." The objects of predestination are those whom He foreknew. Predestination does not involve a predetermined plan only but also includes the individuals for whom the plan is devised. The goal of predestination is expressed in the phrase, "to be conformed to the image of his Son."

In Eph_1:5, Eph_1:11 this same purpose of foreordination is termed adoption. Adoption (huiothesía [G5206]) is the placing into sonship or legal heirship of those who are born of God. According to Eph_1:5 the basis of this prior decree is "the good pleasure of His will." The word rendered "good pleasure" is eudokía (G2107) and means pleasure or satisfaction, that which seems good. Paul is careful to add that it is the good pleasure of God's will, it is what seems good to God-not man. Similarly, in Eph_1:11 foreordination is based upon "the purpose (próthesis [G4286]) of the One who is working all things ([neut. acc. pl.] tá pánta [G3844], an idiom for the entire metaphysical and physical universe) according to the decision of His will" (a.t.). This same thinking is reflected in Rom_8:30 where foreordination is joined successively to foreknowledge. Here it is presented not as a capricious, arbitrary or whimsical exercise of raw will or unreasoned impulse, but as the expression of a deliberate and wise plan which purposes to redeem those undeserving sinners whom God freely favors as the objects of His mercy.
Because it is neither possible nor permissible for us to pry into God's secret counsel, it is not proper to be fixated with determining who the predestined are. Instead, we should contemplate the glories of what they are predestined to, i.e., salvation, adoption, or glory.
Syn.: protássō (G4384), to appoint before; procheirízō (G4400), to appoint beforehand; proetoimázō (G4282), to prepare before.

Thus you get....
Joh 6:44 No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him,66 and I will raise him up at the last day.
Net Bible
Joh 6:44
-
66 tn Or "attracts him," or "pulls him." The word is used of pulling or dragging, often by force. It is even used once of magnetic attraction (A. Oepke, TDNT 2:503).
sn The Father who sent me draws him. The author never specifically explains what this "drawing" consists of. It is evidently some kind of attraction; whether it is binding and irresistible or not is not mentioned. But there does seem to be a parallel with Joh_6:65, where Jesus says that no one is able to come to him unless the Father has allowed it. This apparently parallels the use of Isaiah by John to reflect the spiritual blindness of the Jewish leaders (see the quotations from Isaiah in Joh_9:41 and Joh_12:39-40).

Now you see the truth ...
ESV Rom 9:15 For he says to Moses, "I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion." 16 So then it depends not on human will or exertion, but on God, who has mercy.

Acts shows you...
NASB Act 13:48 When the Gentiles heard this, they began rejoicing and glorifying the word of the Lord; and as many as had been appointed [G5021](by Lot) to eternal life believed.
CEV Act 13:48 This message made the Gentiles glad, and they praised what they had heard about the Lord. Everyone who had been chosen for eternal life then put their faith in the Lord.

G5021
τάσσω
tassō
tas'-so
A prolonged form of a primary verb (which latter appears only in certain tenses); to arrange in an orderly manner, that is, assign or dispose (to a certain position or lot):

Sad lot... for these people...
Mat 7:22 "Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?' 23 "And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.'

I don't know about you.... But I never cast out a demon or performed a single miracle... Guess I'm hoping for a LOT.... !!!!