• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I suggest you wait on the Holy Spirit,

I have the Holy Spirit in me, so, i dont have to wait on Him.
Understand?

Im this one.. "Temple OF THE Holy Spirit".

No waiting required..

So, as i was sharing with you.......Water gets you wet on the outside, nothing more.
Is symbolic.
See, if water saves, then the whole world was saved the last time they took a bath, a shower, or went swimming.
Water can't wash away sin, so... never believe it does, or your sin is still yours, not forgiven.

Listen,
You can be water baptized and go to Hell., but you can't be Born again and go to Hell, as God's Holy Spirit has birthed the Believer, Into Himself as "One with God" "In Christ".
So, if the born again believer went to Hell, then so would God and Christ.
That's not going to happen.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I have the Holy Spirit in me, so, i dont have to wait on Him.
Understand?

Im this one.. "Temple OF THE Holy Spirit".

No waiting required..
Indeed you are the Temple. But waiting is good for the soul, even if you are nothing.
So, as i was sharing with you.......Water gets you wet on the outside, nothing more.
Is symbolic.
See, if water saves, then the whole world was saved the last time they took a bath, a shower, or went swimming.
Water can't wash away sin, so... never believe it does, or your sin is still yours, not forgiven.

Listen,
You can be water baptized and go to Hell., but you can't be Born again and go to Hell, as God's Holy Spirit has birthed the Believer, Into Himself as "One with God" "In Christ".
So, if the born again believer went to Hell, then so would God and Christ.
That's not going to happen.
The thing that is important is that it (water) "inspires" and gives "peace".

You can be born again without water, the same way you can be born again without inspiration and peace.

Listen to the Temple within you, mate - if Jesus says water baptism is necessary that all righteousness be fulfilled, why would He not then say "Ah! I've been baptised, water is no longer necessary!"

The point is, I can believe in water's usefulness and be inclusive, but you don't believe in water and you want to be exclusive?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Listen to the Temple within you, mate - if Jesus says water baptism is necessary that all righteousness be fulfilled, why would He not then say "Ah! I've been baptised, water is no longer necessary!"

Once a person is born again, they should be water baptized.

They should also do a lot of other things, none of which are a part of receiving or keeping SALVATION..., but are only a part of discipleship.

Godslittleservant

Aug 28, 2023
Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once a person is born again, they should be water baptized.

They should also do a lot of other things, none of which are a part of receiving or keeping SALVATION..., but are only a part of discipleship.
Please tell me why one should be water baptized and please use scripture that actually states your belief and not just tell me your view without the scripture to back it saying the same what you are saying. If it is an outward act for an inward thing show me the scripture that says it in that way or if it is for remission of sin and giving the spirit show me where it says it in those terms. Please I want to know what the bible says on this subject I have heard so many different things I need you to show me the biblical truth, I do not want to be teaching it in error for judgement day will be much harder on me if I teach Gods word falsely.

Godslittleservant

Aug 28, 2023
Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ive not stated that you should not be water baptized.

So, rewind, turn on your comprehension.... and pay attention.
I never said that you have not said one should be I am asking why should one be why does the bible say we should be what is the purpose Please show me the scriptures

Godslittleservant

Aug 28, 2023
Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 1:17
Do you really understand what that verse is saying Did Paul not preach baptism? He may have not do the actual baptism because for the reason he has given in the context of the verse you are trying to make stand alone but He did preach baptism context my friend context that verse does not stand alone and does not mean what you think you know read the context around the verse you gave for the complete understanding Paul did indeed preach baptism in Christ name and even baptized a few himself that verse does not say what you are trying to make it say context brother get the context for the true biblical teaching.

Now go back read the context and try again.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you really understand what that verse is saying Did Paul not preach baptism? He may have not do the actual baptism because for the reason he has given in the context of the verse you are trying to make stand alone but He did preach baptism context my friend context that verse does not stand alone and does not mean what you think you know read the context around the verse you gave for the complete understanding Paul did indeed preach baptism in Christ name and even baptized a few himself that verse does not say what you are trying to make it say context brother get the context for the true biblical teaching.

Now go back read the context and try again.
Baptism Follows salvation not precedes

Reactions: mailmandan

Godslittleservant

Aug 28, 2023
Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i dont know but there are groups that teaches that
Or is it that there are groups here falsely teaching why to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ please show me what baptism according to YOUR understanding is for and give the scripture that states your case please I would like to know. Anyone please put it to the scriptures and let the scriptures show.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Or is it that there are groups here falsely teaching why to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ please show me what baptism according to YOUR understanding is for and give the scripture that states your case please I would like to know. Anyone please put it to the scriptures and let the scriptures show.

Romans 6:4​

“Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.”

Godslittleservant

Aug 28, 2023
Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Romans 6:4​

“Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.”
Yes it is talking about the baptism in the name of Jesus Christ (Acts 2:38) the baptism in spirit (born of water and the spirit ) that John said Jesus would baptize with. The one we are commanded to obey in faith Romans 6:17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes it is talking about the baptism in the name of Jesus Christ (Acts 2:38) the baptism in spirit (born of water and the spirit ) that John said Jesus would baptize with. The one we are commanded to obey in faith Romans 6:17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.
psst Jesus said baptizing in the name of the father son holy ghost -------aka the great commission :Thumbsup: :Amen:

btw there no mention of your words the form of doctrine starts with Christ the great commission ..he was baptized do you think he was lost ? the payment for sin was at the cross not the water hole

Godslittleservant

Aug 28, 2023
Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
psst Jesus said baptizing in the name of the father son holy ghost -------aka the great commission :Thumbsup: :Amen:

btw there no mention of your words the form of doctrine starts with Christ the great commission ..he was baptized do you think he was lost ? the payment for sin was at the cross not the water hole

Yes Jesus was baptized because he came as a man to show men how to live by Gods word since was was commanded to be baptized Jesus did it even though he needed it not but he was obeying the commanded men were commanded to show hoe to do Gods will.

Yes he commissioned me to preach the gospel and baptize men in the name of the father the son and the Holy ghost the Godhead which was later condensed to Christ or in the name of Jesus Christ for there is no other name where in one can find salvation

The great commission is found in
Mathew 28:18-20
18 And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age."

Mark 16:15,16 15 And He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation. 16 He who has believed and has been baptized shall be saved; but he who has disbelieved shall be condemned.

Luke 24:46-48
46 and He said to them, "Thus it is written, that the Christ would suffer and rise again from the dead the third day, 47 and that repentance for forgiveness of sins would be proclaimed in His name to all the nations, beginning from Jerusalem. 48 You are witnesses of these things. 49 And behold, I am sending forth the promise of My Father upon you; but you are to stay in the city until you are clothed with power from on high."

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
no comment the quote button is messed up cant get it to work correctly

In Acts 2:38...

Did you notice that Peter had the believers get water baptized?
Did you notice that none in the Upper Room, nor did Peter get water baptized. ?????

That's interesting isn't it. ......
Open your bible, and check that out, one day, when you have time.
Notice that Peter didnt get "water baptized for the remission",= YET he spoke with Tongues.

Isn't that bible amazing?
It just chops down Cult Denominations......always., as the "word is sharper than any two edged sword".

And notice that Jesus was water baptized..
So, what SINS did He have, that needed to be "remitted by water"?
Did you ever ask the POPE that question?
He'd have to take a "recess" because He can't answer that one..., as it denies His entire CULT's Theology, of "saved by water".. "sins washed away by water".

Good luck with all that, as if you really study a NT, and stop just being told what to think by a denomination that is CLUELESS, you might find that your faith becomes something that you didn't expect to find.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Acts 2:38...

Did you notice that Peter had the believers get water baptized?
Did you notice that none in the Upper Room, nor did Peter get water baptized. ?????

That's interesting isn't it. ......
Open your bible, and check that out, one day, when you have time.
Notice that Peter didnt get "water baptized for the remission",= YET he spoke with Tongues.

Isn't that bible amazing?
It just chops down Cult Denominations......always., as the "word is sharper than any two edged sword".

And notice that Jesus was water baptized..
So, what SINS did He have, that needed to be "remitted by water"?
Did you ever ask the POPE that question?
He'd have to take a "recess" because He can't answer that one..., as it denies His entire CULT's Theology, of "saved by water".. "sins washed away by water".

Good luck with all that, as if you really study a NT, and stop just being told what to think by a denomination that is CLUELESS, you might find that your faith becomes something that you didn't expect to find.
said to think that all they know is to to use acts 2:38 . its like that is the only scripture they know