Saying you are without sin verses in 1 John

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, I would expect that "walking in the Spirit" would be living in this altered state of consciousness for an extended period of time,

I believe so. And I believe running the race of trust has a lot of stumbling in that trust and getting back up and beginning to trust again, going more and more extended periods of time without stumbling, you develop more endurance of trust. I don’t know what then happens with others but with me there came a time where I said, but…trust is not enough because now I see I lack love. I only love as the world loves and I can’t help anyone in that state. I think it was the very next day that my passions were put in subjection to…well, I find I can’t explain what they were put in subjection to…they just didn’t harass me any more. Maybe it was my outer man of flesh being put in subjection to my inner man? Yes, I think so…

At first I struggled to trust, but I did so in a fatalistic way, meeting every hard thing He sent to me with great distaste, with an attitude of, He is very hard and will never stop beating me or let me catch my breath even. But then He would occasionally let me see some good He had wrought and would give me a time of…refreshing. That took me out of the morose and fatalistic state because it stirred up great hope when I saw the good He was doing for me. So there was trust, and hope, then one day, the realization that I lacked love. So I then understood, these three things remain, trust, hope and love, and the greatest of these is love.

Last edited:

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe so. And I believe running the race of trust has a lot of stumbling in that trust and getting back up and beginning to trust again, going more and more extended periods of time without stumbling, you develop more endurance of trust. I don’t know what then happens with others but with me there came a time where I said, but…trust is not enough because now I see I lack love. I only love as the world loves and I can’t help anyone in that state. I think it was the very next day that my passions were put in subjection to…well, I find I can’t explain what they were put in subjection to…they just didn’t harass me any more. Maybe it was my outer man of flesh being put in subjection to my inner man? Yes, I think so…
God has given you a gift that, while rare, I believe is not unprecedented. Use it wisely, and please be patient and compassionate with those of us who have not been so gifted.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God has given you a gift that, while rare, I believe is not unprecedented. Use it wisely, and please be patient and compassionate with those of us who have not been so gifted.

I don’t think it’s a rare gift. I think it’s been a process of learning the obedience of trust through the things He brought me to suffer. Learning to trust more fully and more unceasingly. I think He leads us all to that, doesn’t He? We begin to see that any and every loss is gain because He was always working all things for our good. We begin to thank Him for every hard thing He brought to us, we thought it was a stone but it was bread, and even to thank Him for bringing very difficult people to us and even praying for them because we are actually grateful for them because He brought us such good through placing us with them somehow. We become grateful for their abuses of us. That still, and always, sounds so shockingly strange to me! I have no idea how He does it! It’s one thing to read pray for your enemies and bless them, but it is quite another thing to one day find yourself gratefully doing so and saying in wonderment, surely God was in this place and I didn’t even know it…!

Last edited:
Reactions: marks and Lambano

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t know what then happens with others but with me there came a time where I said, but…trust is not enough because now I see I lack love. I only love as the world loves and I can’t help anyone in that state. I think it was the very next day that my passions were put in subjection to…well, I find I can’t explain what they were put in subjection to…they just didn’t harass me any more.
I don’t think it’s a rare gift. I think it’s been a process of learning the obedience of trust through the things He brought me to suffer.
Maybe. You've been walking in this altered state of consciousness for over a year now. Is it just a coincidence that you saw you lacked the ability to really love, and the next day you received what your heart cried out for? Do you think God didn't hear your heart's cry? What you have is unique in all my experience, and I have no alternative but to conclude that it is a gracious gift of God, not the natural result of sustained human effort.

I can rejoice with you, and give thanks and praise to God for (what I perceive as) His giving you this gift, but I can't tell you how to use your gift in His service, or tell you what comes next.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe. You've been walking in this altered state of consciousness for over a year now. Is it just a coincidence that you saw you lacked the ability to really love, and the next day you received what your heart cried out for? Do you think God didn't hear your heart's cry? What you have is unique in all my experience, and I have no alternative but to conclude that it is a gracious gift of God, not the natural result of sustained human effort.

I can rejoice with you, and give thanks and praise to God for (what I perceive as) His giving you this gift, but I can't tell you how to use your gift in His service, or tell you what comes next.

Would you call it an altered state of consciousness? I don’t think I would…And no, I didn’t receive what I asked for. I believe I was taken a step towards it, and I now have more understanding of what I lack and what it is that I desire, but at least I now don’t care for myself MORE than I care for others. I care for myself and others more equally now. And I understand the human condition better and see it all more clearly than I did. I see that men do not know the way to peace. Instead of getting murderously angry with them when they try to control me as I used to, I see they don’t know the way to peace and are instead stuck in a place of shame and searching for a scapegoat to blame to assuage the feelings of shame. They’re stuck in shame and blame and not living in reality actually. It’s fear based. Any control issue breaks down to fear. Hoarding, high narcissistic traits, perfectionism, etc., they’re all fear based. Men can’t self examine because deep down they know they’re wearing a mask and a crafted persona and they need others to see what THEY want others to see to validate them because it’s too frightful that they might see what is really in them. The light is too frightful so they remain in hiddeness. They don’t know or understand that the truth would set them free and bring peace. They think it would instead destroy them.
okay, enough blathering on by me. I’m going to go work on some furniture. I have enjoyed speaking with you, as always brother.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem is that if the old man dies the moment we receive the down payment of the Holy Spirit, then there would be no reason to be told to pick up our cross and follow and there would be no Christian’s still yet carnal for Paul to call carnal.
There has to be some reality.
The reality is that we are a spirit child of God, who lives in that same corrupted body as when we were merely the child of Adam. That body is corrupted by sin, which is to say it's bent towards itself instead of God. CS Lewis put it pretty well, I think, we're the pilot of a wrecked ship.

So now we are the child of God, but our mental apparatus, our emotional make-up, our temperments and experiences and opinions and everything we were, all corrupted by sin. All giving the wrong answers, self-serving, self-affirming, scheming and lying and hiding.

We have to learn how to transcend these fleshy ways.

Jeremiah 6:16 KJV
16) Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein.

I've read that "old", old paths, can also be understood as "the eternal paths", Maybe the oldest path of mankind, before the fall, innocent and communing with God.

Until we overcome the fleshy ways - carnal ways - then we will be fleshy, that will be the source of our thoughts and words and actions.

Again we come to the definitions of life and death. The old man, the one born from Adam, does not cease to exist, cease to function, when we are crucified with Christ. But we are born a new being who didn't exist before, a child of God, and we are separate from that fleshy body, the man born from Adam. Separated from the flesh is dead to the flesh. But the flesh still breaths, and provides us a platform for terrestrial life. But it is corrupted, perverted (bent toward wrong). We are the pilots of a wrecked ship. But it's what we have.

We gain in expertise in controlling this wrecked ship, and we can even get some repairs, and in God's power, we can do many things. All things. But that's who we are, and what we are dealing with.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sometimes I think we obsess over sin too much.
I think that. We've been freed to live in peace with God, and that peace is dependant on Christ's work to reconcile us through His death. Obsessions over sin lead to more sin. Are sinful themselves, I think, the work of flesh. Flesh obsesses over things. Spirit is a at peace.

So, I would expect that "walking in the Spirit" would be living in this altered state of consciousness for an extended period of time, praising God and prophesying and receiving visions and direction and showing love and compassion to others, especially our brothers and sisters in Christ.

Not an altered state of consciousness, only, not deriving your mental/emotional life from your body, instead, deriving your life fully from God, by the Holy Spirit. Trusting in Jesus completely that you are fully at peace with God, nevermore to be condemned, because your reconciliation is entirely in Christ, and not in you, and Jesus Christ never changes, will never cease to be our Intercessor, will never leave nor forsake us.

The fruit of the Spirit are the primary description of living this way. Love is the number 1 goal, that we will do all that we do out of love, and sharing with others God's love through our living solely to serve others in His way.

And with love comes all else. When we are perfected in God's love, that is, matured in His love, we will have security in our hearts and minds, because we will find our security in Him. There is so much more that can be said, this is just the beginning. As we serve God, serving others, not in some fleshy kind of way, but in a true spiritual walk, God will work through the spiritual gifts He gives us to accomplish whatever it is, from a pure word of encouragement, to sharing a prophecy, healing the sick, whatever it may be.

All are to love. Some, and not all, are prophets, are evangelists, work miracles.

Much love!

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If a person is justifying wrong doing, how am I supposed to speak to them?
Did I insult them? Did I use nasty bad words? Is it wrong for me to point out when somebody does wrong? Do not even parents correct their children? Don’t children turn out to be spoiled if they are never corrected of their wrongs?

Anyways, I am merely quoting the Bible, and quoting Johann (or I mean to say the plagiarized words of his). If you are offended by the truth, I cannot help that. Truth can be offensive to people. Standing up for what is good and right can be offensive to people. That’s all I am doing is providing you with the truth. But if you ever stood up for something that is right and good in life (amongst others who were trying to justify wrong doing), you cannot fault me for doing the same. If you feel I am wrong in some way, please point out how I am wrong, and we can discuss it like adults in love. If you don’t want to discuss it, we can agree to disagree in love and respect of course, and move on.

May God bless you.
SBG has very good judgment about a great many things. I enjoy very many of your comments, but you do often have a very condescending tone. It might not be your intention, nevertheless...

I just dressed down a new member pretty roughly. I don't like doing that and I probably shouldn't, but I often feel overcome with 'righteous indignation' and cannot keep silent. So far, it hasn't gotten me into any trouble. Some people act so high-handed at times that I don't believe we do them any favors by our silence. I don't believe you are of a malicious sort at all. And we do have them. I think if you adjusted your manner of correcting people you could do a very good work here. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that I believe you will. :)

I recently pared down my signature because yours was distracting me and I was going to say something to you about it and suddenly realized that my own was growing somewhat cumbersome. I suppose the things contained in your sig are very important to you. Are they important enough to showcase on every post you make, only to risk causing people to scroll past your posts automatically to avoid distraction and irritation? Up to you entirely, of course.

I know we've had our differences aired already, but I appreciate your contribution to this community.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that. We've been freed to live in peace with God, and that peace is dependant on Christ's work to reconcile us through His death. Obsessions over sin lead to more sin. Are sinful themselves, I think, the work of flesh. Flesh obsesses over things. Spirit is a at peace.

Not an altered state of consciousness, only, not deriving your mental/emotional life from your body, instead, deriving your life fully from God, by the Holy Spirit. Trusting in Jesus completely that you are fully at peace with God, nevermore to be condemned, because your reconciliation is entirely in Christ, and not in you, and Jesus Christ never changes, will never cease to be our Intercessor, will never leave nor forsake us.

The fruit of the Spirit are the primary description of living this way. Love is the number 1 goal, that we will do all that we do out of love, and sharing with others God's love through our living solely to serve others in His way.

And with love comes all else. When we are perfected in God's love, that is, matured in His love, we will have security in our hearts and minds, because we will find our security in Him. There is so much more that can be said, this is just the beginning. As we serve God, serving others, not in some fleshy kind of way, but in a true spiritual walk, God will work through the spiritual gifts He gives us to accomplish whatever it is, from a pure word of encouragement, to sharing a prophecy, healing the sick, whatever it may be.

All are to love. Some, and not all, are prophets, are evangelists, work miracles.

Much love!
Very good stuff, I'm compelled to say. :D

Reactions: marks

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
a Christian cult temporarily and be saved while in that cult doing horrible and unimaginable sins as long as they are ignorant of those sins?

There are some cults where no one has the Holy Spirit, so that doesn't count. I'm talking about those who have been baptized in the Holy Spirit and the Spirit has planted the seeds of the fruit of the Spirit that need to grow. They also are dead to sins of lawlessness which I'm not even talking about as not being in our conscience. It is immature fruit that causes a silent conscience until they spring forth and grow.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
SBG has very good judgment about a great many things. I enjoy very many of your comments, but you do often have a very condescending tone. It might not be your intention, nevertheless...

I just dressed down a new member pretty roughly. I don't like doing that and I probably shouldn't, but I often feel overcome with 'righteous indignation' and cannot keep silent. So far, it hasn't gotten me into any trouble. Some people act so high-handed at times that I don't believe we do them any favors by our silence. I don't believe you are of a malicious sort at all. And we do have them. I think if you adjusted your manner of correcting people you could do a very good work here. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that I believe you will. :)

I recently pared down my signature because yours was distracting me and I was going to say something to you about it and suddenly realized that my own was growing somewhat cumbersome. I suppose the things contained in your sig are very important to you. Are they important enough to showcase on every post you make, only to risk causing people to scroll past your posts automatically to avoid distraction and irritation? Up to you entirely, of course.

I know we've had our differences aired already, but I appreciate your contribution to this community.

Thank you for the kind advice. But I don’t believe at this point in time I said anything out of line. I believe I was defending what I believe is true and good according to God’s Word. I don’t have a high tolerance or acceptance for when folks think they can sin and still be saved on some level. There are MANY believers who say they may be sinning less and less and they are conforming more to the image of Jesus Christ, but then they contradict this very statement and say things like they sin daily in thought and deed. So in conclusion: Most likely they are lying and they are not sinning less. They are double minded. At least that is my experience in talking with these kinds of believers over the past 11 years. For most of them have not boasted to me that they are sinning less, and they would be happy to teach others in doing so.

Anyways, the issue was Johann’s belief that he is strongly against Sinless Perfection or reaching a state in this life that is pleasing to our Lord (See here). He says he sins daily (See here, here, here, and here). This suggests a daily sin and still be saved type belief (Whereby the believer cannot walk holy or good for one day even). He thinks sin is so pervasive that it corrupts him daily and yet he is saved in remaining that state. Thus unwittingly he mocks when our Lord tells us to be perfect as the Heavenly Father is perfect (Matthew 5:48), and he unknowingly mocks Galatians 5:24, 1 Peter 4:1-2, 2 Corinthians 7:1, etcetera. SBG attempted to defend Johann. If that is also what she believes then I cannot sugar coat the truth to make her or him feel better or coddle them and tell them everything is going to be okay (When it’s not). God is very serious when it comes to his warnings against sin. They apply to them as they do me. I am not above Scripture anymore than they are. If I am condemned by God and mess up in this life, then that is on me. But I am not going to preach how we should walk by sight (our experience), and not by faith. That’s not what God has called us to do. God has called us unto holiness and righteousness. It should be a shame for a Christian to boast in that they sin daily. It’s even worse that they boast that all they have to do is just pay lip service to God and they don’t have to change.

As for my statement of faith:

I stand behind it and believe it is truth.
If others are offended by it, then I cannot apologize for what I believe is highly important to me in God’s Word.
They are my core beliefs. While I do like to speak in love, some truths are just going to offend people. It’s just the way life is sometimes.

I hope you understand.

Peace, and blessings be unto you in the Lord.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for the kind advice. But I don’t believe at this point in time I said anything out of line. I believe I was defending what I believe is true and good according to God’s Word. I don’t have a high tolerance or acceptance for when folks think they can sin and still be saved on some level. There are MANY believers who say they may be sinning less and less and they are conforming more to the image of Jesus Christ, but then they contradict this very statement and say things like they sin daily in thought and deed. So in conclusion: Most likely they are lying and they are not sinning less. They are double minded. At least that is my experience in talking with these kinds of believers over the past 11 years. For most of them have not boasted to me that they are sinning less, and they would be happy to teach others in doing so.

Anyways, the issue was Johann’s belief that he is strongly against Sinless Perfection or reaching a state in this life that is pleasing to our Lord (See here). He says he sins daily (See here, here, here, and here). This suggests a daily sin and still be saved type belief (Whereby the believer cannot walk holy or good for one day even). He thinks sin is so pervasive that it corrupts him daily and yet he is saved in remaining that state. Thus unwittingly he mocks when our Lord tells us to be perfect as the Heavenly Father is perfect (Matthew 5:48), and he unknowingly mocks Galatians 5:24, 1 Peter 4:1-2, 2 Corinthians 7:1, etcetera. SBG attempted to defend Johann. If that is also what she believes then I cannot sugar coat the truth to make her or him feel better or coddle them and tell them everything is going to be okay (When it’s not). God is very serious when it comes to his warnings against sin. They apply to them as they do me. I am not above Scripture anymore than they are. If I am condemned by God and mess up in this life, then that is on me. But I am not going to preach how we should walk by sight (our experience), and not by faith. That’s not what God has called us to do. God has called us unto holiness and righteousness. It should be a shame for a Christian to boast in that they sin daily. It’s even worse that they boast that all they have to do is just pay lip service to God and they don’t have to change.

As for my statement of faith:

I stand behind it and believe it is truth.
If others are offended by it, then I cannot apologize for what I believe is highly important to me in God’s Word.
They are my core beliefs. While I do like to speak in love, some truths are just going to offend people. It’s just the way life is sometimes.

I hope you understand.

Peace, and blessings be unto you in the Lord.
And I thank you for your kind reply, and I think I understand.

What I gather from what you are saying here is that you are more concerned with relaying authentic, accurate information than exercising the grace necessary to make that information seem like it is being offered with tender regard for the soul who is reading it. Pardon me, please, if I overstep.

This is not the way of Christ and, unfortunately, I must confess that it is often my way. :(

I have found that I do not do well here unless I am praying much.

When Jesus spoke harshly to people, it was nearly always motivated by indignation toward spiritual bullying. Check me on that. This is well illustrated by the hyperbole of one having a millstone tied around his neck and being thrown into the sea.

The only other way in which he spoke bluntly was to the churches in the opening chapters of Revelation.

I'm afraid we all too often are fixated upon the correctness of doctrine and scarcely on the lowly, meek, and quiet spirit of our blessed Redeemer. We want to know about Him but not of Him.

This is a lesson with which I am very familiar because I am in dire need of mastering it.

This might seem a strange aside, but I've noticed that many on here do not attend church services regularly. In fact, that was my case when I started visiting here. May I ask if you are involved in a local church where you live? I understand, of course, if you don't care to answer and, rest assured, I'm not actively recruiting for my denomination. :)

In any case, I'm pleased to have you here and I am glad you are faring better here than what you have shared about your experience on other Christian discussion platforms. I expect to learn much from you. :):cool::D

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And I thank you for your kind reply, and I think I understand.

What I gather from what you are saying here is that you are more concerned with relaying authentic, accurate information than exercising the grace necessary to make that information seem like it is being offered with tender regard for the soul who is reading it. Pardon me, please, if I overstep.

This is not the way of Christ and, unfortunately, I must confess that it is often my way. :(

I have found that I do not do well here unless I am praying much.

When Jesus spoke harshly to people, it was nearly always motivated by indignation toward spiritual bullying. Check me on that. This is well illustrated by the hyperbole of one having a millstone tied around his neck and being thrown into the sea.

The only other way in which he spoke bluntly was to the churches in the opening chapters of Revelation.

I'm afraid we all too often are fixated upon the correctness of doctrine and scarcely on the lowly, meek, and quiet spirit of our blessed Redeemer. We want to know about Him but not of Him.

This is a lesson with which I am very familiar because I am in dire need of mastering it.

This might seem a strange aside, but I've noticed that many on here do not attend church services regularly. In fact, that was my case when I started visiting here. May I ask if you are involved in a local church where you live? I understand, of course, if you don't care to answer and, rest assured, I'm not actively recruiting for my denomination. :)

In any case, I'm pleased to have you here and I am glad you are faring better here than what you have shared about your experience on other Christian discussion platforms. I expect to learn much from you. :):cool::D

I believe in Conditional Salvation, and I believe sin can destroy the soul of a believer. There are other Christians who believe this way, as well. However, there are unloving approaches by certain Christians who believe in Conditional Salvation (of which I disagree with). Dan Corner at EvangelicalOutReach has a lot of good biblical information against “Once Saved Always Saved,” but he could speak more in love - (in my humble opinion) (Side Note: Dan recently has gone a little out into left field a bit because of his whole micro tattoo theory - God love him). Anyways, my point here is that Dan has a “skull and crossbones awards section” on his website for those who teach OSAS. That’s not exactly correct to do in my humble view (with respect to Dan). While I believe we can warn others about those who teach false doctrine, we should do so in love and respect, too. Labeling these men as being under some kind of “skulls and cross bones as an award” makes them appear to be exceptionally evil men. However, he should encourage Christians to pray and do good towards them, as well. I would not label them in such a way. Another Christian (A. Manson) at another website who is also against OSAS calls a particular OSAS person an agent of Satan (See here and click the find word option for the words “agent of Satan”). Respectfully to Alan, this again is not something I would agree with doing, and I think we should strive to speak more in love with those who are caught up in OSAS (or a sin and still be saved doctrine).

My view is to attack the belief and not the person.

So yes. I get what you are saying. But Johann has appeared to put me on ignore by what I said, and he appears to be on a crusade to take my belief down (after that). I will not stand for it, my friend. He appears to be speaking out against what I hold most dear (Which are the good ways of Christ). He plagiarizes articles in attempt to dismantle what I believe. So my standing up for the truth is nothing personal. I don’t believe I called him any bad names or wished him any ill will. My goal is the best for him and I love him in Christ Jesus. But not all love is received in return. My attack is primarily against his wrong belief and not him personally. I really don’t know him except for the fact that I helped him to see the light on coming out of Calvinism (Which all glory be unto Christ for that one). If there is a specific post you wish I could reword better or to be more loving towards him, please share the post #, I would be happy to review it, and possibly reword it if I feel it was something I could have said better in love. But again. It does not change my attack on his wrong belief. That is something I cannot change or alter. Speaking against a wrong belief is not a wrong but it is the correct thing to do in preaching God’s Word (2 Timothy 4:2).

Proverbs 27:6
“Faithful are the wounds of a friend; but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful.”

Proverbs 27:5
“Open rebuke is better than secret love.”

Last edited:

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe in Conditional Salvation, and I believe sin can destroy the soul of a believer. There are other Christians who believe this way, as well. However, there are unloving approaches by certain Christians who believe in Conditional Salvation (of which I disagree with). Dan Corner at EvangelicalOutReach has a lot of good biblical information against “Once Saved Always Saved,” but he could speak more in love - (in my humble opinion) (Side Note: Dan recently has gone a little out into left field a bit because of his whole micro tattoo theory - God love him). Anyways, my point here is that Dan has a “skull and crossbones awards section” on his website for those who teach OSAS. That’s not exactly correct to do in my humble view (with respect to Dan). While I believe we can warn others about those who teach false doctrine, we should do so in love and respect, too. Labeling these men as being under some kind of “skulls and cross bones as an award” makes them appear to be exceptionally evil men. However, he should encourage Christians to pray and do good towards them, as well. I would not label them in such a way. Another Christian (A. Manson) at another website who is also against OSAS calls a particular OSAS person an agent of Satan (See here and click the find word option for the words “agent of Satan”). Respectfully to Alan, this again is not something I would agree with doing, and I think we should strive to speak more in love with those who are caught up in OSAS (or a sin and still be saved doctrine).

My view is to attack the belief and not the person.

So yes. I get what you are saying. But Johann has appeared to put me on ignore by what I said, and he appears to be on a crusade to take my belief down (after that). I will not stand for it, my friend. He appears to be speaking out against what I hold most dear (Which are the good ways of Christ). He plagiarizes articles in attempt to dismantle what I believe. So my standing up for the truth is nothing personal. I don’t believe I called him any bad names or wished him any ill will. My goal is the best for him and I love him in Christ Jesus. But not all love is received in return. My attack is primarily against his wrong belief and not him personally. I really don’t know him except for the fact that I helped him to see the light on coming out of Calvinism (Which all glory be unto Christ for that one). If there is a specific post you wish I could reword better or to be more loving towards him, please share the post #, I would be happy to review it, and possibly reword it if I feel it was something I could have said better in love. But again. It does not change my attack on his wrong belief. That is something I cannot change or alter. Speaking against a wrong belief is not a wrong but it is the correct thing to do in preaching God’s Word (2 Timothy 4:2).

Proverbs 27:6
“Faithful are the wounds of a friend; but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful.”

Proverbs 27:5
“Open rebuke is better than secret love.”
I hear you, Brother. :)
I believe you will do well.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is not Christ. Still, one must understand that "to live is Christ" does not mean that Christ has not taken upon himself their sins past, present, and future...but that He has.

This is what is not fully understood.

It's actually this... by Apostle Paul that is rarely understood by the OSAS crowd...

Rom 3:24-25
24 Being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in His blood, to declare His righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

KJV

That means we still are expected to repent of our future sins.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I remind those who soon forget about Christ's Messages to the 7 Churches in Asia (Revelation 2 & 3). Five out of those seven had problems in them, and Jesus told those guilty to REPENT, and then issued a warning.

So if a believer on Him had ALL their sins forever blotted out, then WHY did Jesus command those to REPENT of wrongdoing there?

Reactions: Bible Highlighter

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t think it’s a rare gift. I think it’s been a process of learning the obedience of trust through the things He brought me to suffer. Learning to trust more fully and more unceasingly. I think He leads us all to that, doesn’t He? We begin to see that any and every loss is gain because He was always working all things for our good. We begin to thank Him for every hard thing He brought to us, we thought it was a stone but it was bread, and even to thank Him for bringing very difficult people to us and even praying for them because we are actually grateful for them because He brought us such good through placing us with them somehow. We become grateful for their abuses of us. That still, and always, sounds so shockingly strange to me! I have no idea how He does it! It’s one thing to read pray for your enemies and bless them, but it is quite another thing to one day find yourself gratefully doing so and saying in wonderment, surely God was in this place and I didn’t even know it…!
Amen!!!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's actually this... by Apostle Paul that is rarely understood by the OSAS crowd...

24 Being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in His blood, to declare His righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

KJV

No, that is just the way that those who are most accustom to the ways of this world are prone to view it. But when Paul said "past" he, like the rest of scripture, was referring to the past being dead and therefore dead to sin and alive to God, having passed from death to life. It is finished...except for those who do not yet fully believe.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Not that I have already grasped it all or have already become perfect, but I press on if I may also take hold of that for which I was even taken hold of by Christ Jesus.

I don’t mean to say that I have already achieved these things or that I have already reached perfection. But I press on to possess that perfection for which Christ Jesus first possessed me.

Not that I did already obtain, or have been already perfected; but I pursue, if also I may lay hold of that for which also I was laid hold of by the Christ Jesus;

Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.

Take hold of, possess, apprehend, grab, grasp.
It doesn’t sadden me. I have great hope. But no, I have not yet walked in the Spirit, but I am led by Him. But walking in the Spirit, performing miracles, walking without any sin, no, I have not.
And right here I am in full agreement with you.
J.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

KJV

Sins that are past, Past when?

At some particular moment in your life? Is this saying, When you believe in Jesus, sins that are prior to that moment in your life are remitted, but not future sins? Is that what Paul meant?

Romans 3:24-26 KJV
24) Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
25) Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
26) To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

He contrasts "that are past" with "at this time". This is speaking of what happened then. It has to do with Jesus' declaration of righteousness in His resurrection, and in forgiving all the sins committed up to that time. Future sins hadn't been committed yet, but are nonetheless propitiatied by Jesus' sacrifice.

Much love!