SDA

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JesusFan1

Jun 19, 2020
Macomb Mi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I quoted is part of the Lord's Prayer. The Lord's Prayer is not under the old deal.

I don't do OSAS. Sorry. When I do wrong, I have to ask for forgiveness, as we are told to. You go ahead and sin and say Oh well--I'm gonna say Sorry. God forgets the sins when we repented but He knows we will fall. That is why we have a High Priest in Jesus.
Our relationship with God is eternally secured in Christ, but our fellowship based upon our repentance and confession!

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WHICH jesus is the all important question though, as the one of the Mormons and JW not same one of the bible?
We’ve been down this road: I explain to you real difference with various beliefs systems, and then you just ignore it because it doesn’t match what “anti-cult” leaders say.

JesusFan1

Jun 19, 2020
Macomb Mi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We’ve been down this road: I explain to you real difference with various beliefs systems, and then you just ignore it because it doesn’t match what “anti-cult” leaders say.
different Jesus and different Gospel held by those such as lds and Jw!

Reactions: mailmandan

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

different Jesus and different Gospel held by those such as lds and Jw!
^Exhibit A of that exact same behavior I was talking about.

As to me: I acknowledge your* right to believe whatever you do about Christ, even if I find it to be completely counter-Biblical. I'm still going to take the time to love you as a person, and love truth enough spend the time to truly understand what you believe. And I'm going to speak to your truly what I believe about Christ the Son of God & Savior of the world.

Hsave a nice day, every growing closer to Christ.

*This applies to every single person out there.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I quoted is part of the Lord's Prayer. The Lord's Prayer is not under the old deal.

I don't do OSAS. Sorry. When I do wrong, I have to ask for forgiveness, as we are told to. You go ahead and sin and say Oh well--I'm gonna say Sorry. God forgets the sins when we repented but He knows we will fall. That is why we have a High Priest in Jesus.

Sorry, but the Lord’s Prayer * IS* under the Old Deal.....Heb 9:16.....” For where a Testament is, there must be the death of the One who made it’......The New Testament could not, and did not come into effect until the death of Jesus on the Cross...I’ll not bother to go on and state the obvious

It’s a shame that you “don’t do” OSAS.......your Savior did......I can also prove you wrong on that one by using Scripture....We’ save that for another time

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Num 23:21-22 . . He does not look at evil in Jacob, and has seen no
perversity in Israel; the Lord, his God, is with him, and he has the King's
friendship. God has brought them out of Egypt with the strength of His
loftiness.

Anyone whose read the adventures of Moses' people in the Old Testament is
well aware that there was iniquity and perversity in them aplenty. However,
relative to their rescue from slavery in Egypt, God kept a blind eye to their
ways, so to speak.

In other words: no matter how badly Moses' people conducted themselves,
nobody was sent back to Egypt because their redemption was a one-way
trip. There is an invaluable lesson in that, i.e. once redeemed always
redeemed. That rule also applies to Christ's followers.

When folks look ro Jesus' crucifixion and resurrection to redeem themselves
from the wrath of God, it is from that moment onward that God stops
building a criminal case against them.

2Cor 5:19 . . God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not
counting their trespasses against them

The Greek word translated "counting" is logizomai (log-id'-zom-ahee) which
means to take an inventory; i.e. an indictment.

Now, the Jews' conduct cost a large percentage of them the loss of the
promised land, but their conduct never once put them in jeopardy of being
sent back to Egypt.

In a similar manner, a Christian's conduct can cost them the loss of God's
providence (1John 1:6) but their conduct can never cost them the loss of
their redemption.

John 5:24 . . I assure you: those who listen to my message, and believe in
God who sent me, have eternal life. They will never be condemned for their
sins, but they have already passed from death into life.

Jesus' assurance doesn't extend to Adventists because their religion's
Investigative Judgment keeps Ellen G. White's followers in a state of
perpetual insecurity.

* Don't miss the transfer from death to life. That, like the escape from
slavery in Egypt to freedom across the Red Sea, is a one-way trip never to
be rescinded nor repeated regardless of one's personal conduct.

NOTE: The living are simultaneously quite deceased.

Rom 6:3-11 . . Or don't you know that all of us who were baptized into
Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? . . For we know that our old self
was crucified with him

Gal 2:20 . . I am crucified with Christ

Col 3:2-3 . . Set your affection on things above, not on things on the
earth. For you are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

Rom 7:1+4 . . Do you not know, brothers-- for I am speaking to men who
know the law --that the law has authority over a man only as long as he
lives? So, my brothers, you also died to the law through the body of Christ.
_

Last edited:

JesusFan1

Jun 19, 2020
Macomb Mi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
^Exhibit A of that exact same behavior I was talking about.

As to me: I acknowledge your* right to believe whatever you do about Christ, even if I find it to be completely counter-Biblical. I'm still going to take the time to love you as a person, and love truth enough spend the time to truly understand what you believe. And I'm going to speak to your truly what I believe about Christ the Son of God & Savior of the world.

Hsave a nice day, every growing closer to Christ.

*This applies to every single person out there.
All hinges on one having the real Jesus and real Gospel that saves!

Reactions: GRACE ambassador

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Maybe some of the women I encounter are devils and maybe some of them
aren't, I don't know; but I am not allowed to give women the benefit of the
doubt. I must assume the worst about them.

Here's an example of a man who let his guard down:

Gen 3:6d . . she took of its fruit and ate.

The important thing to note at this point, is that the woman was unaffected
by the fruit-- she experienced no ill side effects and went right on naked as
usual; feeling no shame about it whatsoever.

Gen 3:6e . . She also gave some to her husband, and he ate.

I have to wonder why the husband followed his wife's lead and did
something he knew full well to be breaking God's edict and putting himself
at risk of death. Genesis doesn't reveal why Adam chose to eat the fruit. I
suppose he had his reasons, but apparently God didn't think they were
sufficient to excuse the man's mistake.

But I think Adam was cautious at first, and kept a wary eye on his wife for
some time waiting to see if she would get sick; and when she didn't, he
surely had to wonder if maybe he misunderstood God.

I think most husbands would sympathize with Adam. I mean: he was told by
a supposedly competent source that the forbidden tree was unfit for human
consumption. But here's his wife sitting right beside him happily munching
away and she's still healthy, lucid, and exhibiting no ill side effects. How is a
reasonable man supposed to argue with empirical evidence as good as that?

NOTE: 1Tim 2:14 is oftentimes used to allege that Adam wasn't tricked into
eating the fruit. But the trickery in that particular passage is related to the
Serpent. In other words: Adam wasn't fooled by the Devil, instead, he was
made a fool by his wife. In point of fact, God lowered the boom on Adam for
allowing his wife to lead him by the nose like a sheep to the slaughter; so to
speak.
_
KJV 1 Corinthians 13:5-9
5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;
6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;
7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.
8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.
9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Ellen White stated that you shall have no Jesus as Mediator, and that to pass your life must confirm to the demands of the law as well as his did! NONE shall pass that kind of judgement!
What do the scriptures reveal? At present Jesus ministers in the heavenly sanctuary as our Mediator... High Priest. Soon, He will have to leave that position, lay aside His robes and ministry as Mediator, and come back to this earth as King of kings and Lord of lords. This is a new phase of His redemption plan, the final phase to take His people home. So yes, from the moment He leaves the sanctuary to the time He arrives here, we will be without a Mediator. That doesn't mean we will be without a Savior, one with the power to keep us from falling. And besides, the judgment will have already been decided.
KJV Revelation 22:10-12
10 And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand.
11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.
12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If Jehovah's Witnesses believed the Bible said differently from what the
Watchtower Society teaches, they would sever their association with the
Watchtower Society.

If Seventh Day Adventists believed the Bible said differently from what Ellen
G. white teaches, they would sever their ties with Ellen G. White.

The thing is: most folks saying they believe the Bible are actually believing
their hierarchy's understanding of the Bible-- an understanding that may be
tainted with errors without the rank and file knowing it.
_
I had to let this get read again . NOW THIS IS TRUE . I have seen it so often all over places .
Which is why my plea and my cry to all has been , SIMPLY learn that bible for yourselves .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
KJV 1 Corinthians 13:5-9
5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;
6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;
7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.
8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.
9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.
The thing is , do we truly know THIS LOVE or has it been the wordly version we are following .
take note it even says you could give all to the poor and even your body to be burned but if one has not CHARITY
it profits them nothing .
SO we had better make sure its the biblcal verison of charity we do indeed have and not the worlds love in our hearts .
Now lets look at that . Charity will never rejoice in inquity , it rejoices only in THE TRUTH
IT does not behave itself UNSEEMINGLY .
For those who approve of Gay marriage let us turn to romans one .
MEn with men and women with women , working that which is UNSEEMINGLY .
IF we love sin and embrace sin , IT DONT matter what we do , WE have not charity . Folks too many churches
are decieving us into a false love . It would not matter if i gave ALL my goods to the poor and hugged them
and etc , IF i have , if we have , NOT charity it dont matter . NOW let all who name the name of JESUS CHRIST
depart from inquity and the support of any inquity .

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The thing is , do we truly know THIS LOVE or has it been the wordly version we are following .
take note it even says you could give all to the poor and even your body to be burned but if one has not CHARITY
it profits them nothing .
SO we had better make sure its the biblcal verison of charity we do indeed have and not the worlds love in our hearts .
Now lets look at that . Charity will never rejoice in inquity , it rejoices only in THE TRUTH
IT does not behave itself UNSEEMINGLY .
For those who approve of Gay marriage let us turn to romans one .
MEn with men and women with women , working that which is UNSEEMINGLY .
IF we love sin and embrace sin , IT DONT matter what we do , WE have not charity . Folks too many churches
are decieving us into a false love . It would not matter if i gave ALL my goods to the poor and hugged them
and etc , IF i have , if we have , NOT charity it dont matter . NOW let all who name the name of JESUS CHRIST
depart from inquity and the support of any inquity .
Do we truly know the source of love? As you've said numerous times elsewhere, we need to cling to Jesus and allow Him to work in and through us according to His good pleasure. Bad fruit cannot come from a good tree. Cling to the Vine and though we may stumble from time to time, we will also get up every time. Heaven will be full of people who all got up one more time than they stumbled.

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do we truly know the source of love? As you've said numerous times elsewhere, we need to cling to Jesus and allow Him to work in and through us according to His good pleasure. Bad fruit cannot come from a good tree. Cling to the Vine and though we may stumble from time to time, we will also get up every time. Heaven will be full of people who all got up one more time than they stumbled.
For though a lamb may stumble GOD is with HIM to lead Him quickly back to the path .
And GOD uses lambs to correct error and quickly . To look out for the lambs .
The question now is , Is GOD well pleased with those who turned a blind eye to sin
and instead of correcting one in error they just let them remain in said error .
And the answer is a resounding no .
YE shall in no wise HATE your neighbor in your heart , You shall in any way rebuke , correct Him and not allow sin upon Him .
HE who hates his brother is in darkness .
So my question is , why does todays love simply holler to those who do correct , HEY DONT JUDGE
The answer to that my friend is , ITS the sensual love of the world which comes of the carnal mind .
For the love that comes from GOD and has been planted upon the heart of a lamb
desires none to perish , it does correct , it saves some through compassion and others through fear
but what it DONT DO , is just remain silent and let folks be destroyed in sin .
Though the more abundantely i LOVE YOU , the less i be loved . For paul had that agape love from GOD
and Did correct . When we cease to correct leaven within the church , that church will surely leaven and surely fall .
One more question my friend . What KIND of love teaches the church that other religoins have no need
to repent and to believe in Christ , that so long as they do good they are the children of GOD and are saved .
Answer . IT AINT . FOR one must believe in CHRIST to be saved . We really need to examine
todays unity . For it seems to be all about reconciling unbelievers with believers , man with man
AND YET that wont work . THE true reconcilation is under attack , THE GOSPEL which reconciles man to GOD
that is FAITH IN JESUS . Instead its been replaced with a gospel that reconciles us into being unequally yoked
and just doing good works . That my friend wont work it will indeed destroy . The focus must, therefore , be
back on the original BELIEVE YE IN JESUS GOSPEL and on all things HE and the apostels did teach .
Its the only pattern that will work .

JesusFan1

Jun 19, 2020
Macomb Mi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do the scriptures reveal? At present Jesus ministers in the heavenly sanctuary as our Mediator... High Priest. Soon, He will have to leave that position, lay aside His robes and ministry as Mediator, and come back to this earth as King of kings and Lord of lords. This is a new phase of His redemption plan, the final phase to take His people home. So yes, from the moment He leaves the sanctuary to the time He arrives here, we will be without a Mediator. That doesn't mean we will be without a Savior, one with the power to keep us from falling. And besides, the judgment will have already been decided.
KJV Revelation 22:10-12
10 And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand.
11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.
12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
jesus shall be the great High Priest and Mediator for His own forever!
And there is NO future so called Investigative Judgement, as all sins have already been settled in full by the Cross of Christ for His own!

Reactions: GRACE ambassador