• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2 Chr. 34:19

Jun 20, 2020
Chester ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
That is an interesting verse.. you posted.
Its shows the distinction. between those who knew and know Christ, and were a part of Him, yet were not "of the original 12". Yet, there are those who will say to God in Rev. 20:11, "have we not cast out demons and done works in Jesus's name"... And they will be told to DEPART = I never knew you.
So, its possible to perform and behave as a Christian, and sound like one, and pretend to be one on a Forum, or in a Pulpit, and yet, Hell is your home in the end because you were never truly born again.

This is something to consider, because, Satan is real. His people are often fruit bearing types who can quote verses and seem like they are really Christians.
"Satan comes as an angel of LIGHT"......and so do his deceived and not deceived.
The way you spot them, is to notice how they deal with the Cross and the Blood of Jesus and the Blood Atonement.
They will always refuse it, and replace it with "enduring", or "Abiding" or "self effort to stay saved", or the Torah, or some type of Obedience....etc.
Satan's workers, will always replace GRACE with SELF EFFORT.
ALWAYS. !
Learn to "hear" them. Learn to read them in text. They always "out" themselves by how they mistreat the Grace of God and deny and replace the Cross with some type of "self effort" as their Salvation, as their gospel of works.
This can be commandment keeping, or "enduring to the end" as their gospel, or 'Abiding" as their gospel of works, that they teach is how you keep yourself saved.
See, the devil always wants you to be your own savior by your self effort, as that is how he replaces the Cross and the Grace of God.
When you see-read these people teach this, you have seem them as they are, and this is always as a dark light, and never as the Gospel Truth.
Yada yada yada

Reactions: Episkopos

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Watch as the lie is propagated.

Oh, im watching you do it for the last 3 hrs, today.
Now im watching you deny it for the next, week? What? Will that help you? = Nope.
You are Galatians 1:8

Here is your Gospel, episkopos :

The Cross + My Works = saved me, and keeps me saved.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Oh, im watching you do it for the last 3 hrs, today.
Now im watching you deny it for the next, week? What? Will that help you? = Nope.
You are Galatians 1:8

Here is your Gospel, episkopos :

The Cross + My Works = saved me, and keeps me saved.

You aren't understanding the bible..as if that is a surprise.

There are 2 levels of walk in the bible. Paul is only concerned with the higher walk...the walk of perfection in Christ. He pushes away everything else to run THAT race.

But unlearned and unstable people seek to make a salvation scheme out of this higher walk by a simple human belief in order to name it claim it...all the good things for themselves through a self-centered belief system that seeks to save itself (hence all the talk about salvation). But the higher walk takes a higher faith. The faith OF Jesus Christ. That faith is a miraculous faith that transports people into a kingdom realm. Like Jesus said about the faith of a mustard seed that does miracles. Human faith or beliefs do not do any miracles. They are just based on dogmatic opinions. Dogmatic opinions do not serve God...they serve the flesh.

But this higher walk needs us out of the way...NO LONGER I...but Christ. It takes a crucified soul life...whereby we are on the cross and Jesus is doing the works through us. (although we are credited by God for these works since they are by faith in Him)

So these are justified by faith...leading to the holy works from heaven...for a great reward.

Then there is the lower walk of righteousness according to the faith of men and the works of men in accordance to God's law. All who fear God and do what is right are accepted by God. The righteous are scarcely saved.

But the holy are abundantly saved. :)

To mix these 2 levels up is to condemn oneself to the sin of iniquity.

The Pharisees would not have sinned in iniquity had they not claimed to SEE.

They who can't discern the distinction between what is temporal and what is eternal are going to fall into iniquity.

So you are claiming the status of the higher walk but while only walking in your own power and ideas in the walk according to human power. And that equals iniquity.

Reactions: faithfulness

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
----
You aren't understanding the bible..as if that is a surprise.

There are 2 levels of walk in the bible.

God does not require "walk" to save a person.
He requires '"Faith".
You today defined this Gospel of Grace as "flesh".
Next....

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
----

God does not require "walk" to save a person.
He requires '"Faith".
You today defined this Gospel of Grace as "flesh".
Next....

You only see as you are. You are only seeing the word flesh because you only have the flesh to understand things with. If you had the option of a spiritual understanding you would see what I'm saying.

So you are trying to grab hold of a spiritual gift...but with your self-centered flesh...and condemning any people who actually know the truth.

You need to go to God to be crucified to your own carnality. THAT is the way of the cross that you will deny...even as an enemy of the cross. So you will resist the Holy Spirit.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Romans 8:4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Notice the "legalism" of Paul here.

Phil. 3:18 For many walk, of whom I often told you, and now tell you even weeping, that they are enemies of the cross of Christ,

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You only see as you are. You are only seeing the word flesh.

You used the word "flesh" to describe faith in Christ as the only thing necessary for Salvation.
In other words, while you were also stating that "enduring to the end" is how to be saved, which is also Galatians 1:8, you defined the Grace of God as a work of "flesh".
Now, keep walking it back. Keep trying to undo what you've stated.
You have my permission to go and edit all you said, out, as im convinced you are of that type of character.
Help yourself.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Romans 8:4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Notice the "legalism" of Paul here.

Phil. 3:18 For many walk, of whom I often told you, and now tell you even weeping, that they are enemies of the cross of Christ,

Your theology today, again clearly defined you as the enemy of Grace and the teacher of the gospel of enduring and self effort. You today stated that faith in Christ alone, if that is believed as salvation is a work of the "flesh". So, to define God's Grace as "flesh" is to deny the Cross, which is to be an enemy of the Cross.
Your finger is only pointing at you, for a long time now.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Your theology today, again clearly defined you as the enemy of Grace and the teacher of the gospel of enduring and self effort. You today stated that faith in Christ alone, if that is believed as salvation is a work of the "flesh". So, to define God's Grace as "flesh" is to deny the Cross, which is to be an enemy of the Cross.
Your finger is only pointing at you, for a long time now.

Grace is the power of God to walk according to the Spirit and fulfill the law of God. To overcome as Jesus also overcame. By grace through faith. Anything else is a lie.

That is the higher walk.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Grace is the power of God to walk according to the Spirit and fulfill the law of God. To overcome as Jesus also overcame. Anything else is a lie.

Ive written about 20 Threads that teach that Grace is the place of existing, whereby a believer finds Victory over flesh.
Im glad you are reading me, and as i told you a few weeks ago, you'd eventually be teaching me.
However, today, you have taught that Grace is "flesh", and that "enduring to the end" is salvation.
You can deny it now, and you can go and edit all your posts, but God has a long memory.
Believe it.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Ive written about 20 Threads that teach that Grace is the place of existing, whereby a believer finds Victory over flesh.
Im glad you are reading me, and as i told you a few weeks ago, you'd eventually be teaching me.
However, today, you have taught that Grace is "flesh", and that "enduring to the end" is salvation.
You can deny it now, and you can go and edit all your posts, but God has a long memory.
Believe it.

You are just arrogant and lie. Everything centers on you and your flesh. See I post what I have always posted and you wish to take credit for YOURSELF. How wicked.

So you are just a very common self-absorbed sinner who sins at a much higher level than you previously did. You have merely gone up the food chain of sinning...from a carnal sin of the body...to a much worse sinning against the truth in a puffing up of pride so that you now seek to take credit for the bible itself. As Jesus said...blatant sinners will get into the kingdom before you. So self-centered. What a flesh display.

The same thing happened to the Pharisees back in the day. They felt that they were superior to the more casual carnal sinners and justified themselves as having a saved status above these for it...so they went up the food chain of sin to become twice the son of hell they were before...through pride and arrogance.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You are just arrogant and lie. Everything centers on you and your flesh. .

I understand that you feel violated.
But i didn't do it.
You violated the Grace of God, and not just today, and not just tomorrow, so, when called out inside yourself, you now become angry.
You dont need to be angry. You need to be sorry, you need to repent of being on a public forum, found castigating the Grace of God as "flesh", and denying the "gift of Salvation" by teaching that this is found by "enduring to the end".
Have you edited all those posts yet? I think you will.....

Understand clearly, that this is what you continued to do today, and its not the first time. .. so, You are accountable for your dishonesty regarding how you redefined "justification by faith" as self effort, enduring, and "FLESH".
You did that, not me. YOU.
You have some confessing to do, fella, but not until you stop being deceived.
I dont this is going to happen. I predict you'll live the rest of your life submerged inside your own self righteousness, all the while continuing to spit on the Cross in public, while pretending you dont.
Nothing new.

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don’t know whose idea it is, just a thought, why would it be gradual-couldn’t sanctification be instant?

Hi,

Sanctification is a process that takes time it starts at the moment we covert to the moment we die. No I do not believe Sanctification happens instantly. St. Paul through the inspiration of God in Holy Writ to "work out your salvation" (Philippians 2:12-13). I think this gives a great explanation:

SANCTIFICATION is being set apart for God. It involves us in the process of being cleansed and made holy by Christ in the Holy Spirit. We are called to be saints and to grow into the likeness of God. Having been given the gift of the Holy Spirit, we actively participate in sanctification. We cooperate with God, we work together with Him, that we may know Him, becoming by grace what He is by nature.​
http://ww1.antiochian.org/1123705723

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I understand that you feel violated.
But i didn't do it.
You violated the Grace of God, and not just today, and not just tomorrow, so, when called out inside yourself, you now become angry.
You dont need to be angry. You need to be sorry, you need to repent of being on a public forum, found castigating the Grace of God as "flesh", and denying the "gift of Salvation" by teaching that this is found by "enduring to the end".
Have you edited all those posts yet? I think you will.....

Understand clearly, that this is what you continued to do today, and its not the first time. .. so, You are accountable for your dishonesty regarding how you redefined "justification by faith" as self effort, enduring, and "FLESH".
You did that, not me. YOU.
You have some confessing to do, fella, but not until you stop being deceived.
I dont this is going to happen. I predict you'll live the rest of your life submerged inside your own self righteousness, all the while continuing to spit on the Cross in public, while pretending you dont.
Nothing new.

The message of the cross to you is not about your experience...because you haven't experienced the cross...but simply the knowledge ABOUT the historic sacrifice of Jesus that you read about in the bible (or perhaps saw in a movie). But that's it. That's the only experience (non-experience) you've had. You read about it. And you try to get your belief set on that while claiming you are justified for that belief. And then you try instructing others on that artificial notion that you have made any progress.

But a disciple of Christ experiences grace as the power that crucifies and the power that resurrects into new life.

So to push the cross always on Jesus just shows the lack of any real knowledge of the cross.

Paul preached on the cross. He gloried in the cross...the power that took away anything between him and God. The power that crucified him to the world. THAT'S the message of the cross.

It crucifies the flesh you are a champion of. The purpose of the cross of Christ is not to save the flesh. So you are misappropriating the sacrifice of Jesus to save your ego. To puff up your pride. To exalt your own flesh.

That is to be an enemy of the cross.

Last edited:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
1 Corinthians 3:

13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.

15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

Reactions: faithfulness

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The 2 most common type of heretics teach that "faith saves you, so, if you lose faith, you lose salvation", and the other teaches that you "abide to stay saved, and if you dont abide in Christ (self effort) you lose your salvation.
So, in both cases, both types of heretics are self involved with self effort to try to "stay saved", which is in both cases a rejection of the Cross where Salvation was gained by Jesus.

It is no heresy to teach that we are saved by grace through faith...it is Bible 101 (Ephesians 2:8-9, Romans 5:2, etc.)

The Bible also teaches us to abide in Christ, as does the anointing that He has given to us (John 15:1-8, 1 John 3:6, 1 John 2:17, 1 John 2:27-28).

So, their misunderstanding is that Faith or Abiding keeps them saved (Self effort),

Abiding in faith has nothing to do with self-effort.

and so, they believe and teach that as long as you are working that Faith, or "abiding", by self effort,you are keeping yourself saved and accepted by God, by your faith. = Galatians 1:8

Actually, abiding is not keeping yourself saved. I suggest reading the Bible and not reading @Behold's posts. In 1 Peter 1:5, it becomes clear that we are kept by the power of God through faith. Faith is not self-effort; and abiding is not by self-effort. It is a response to the gospel of Jesus Christ...it is allowing Him to mold you and shape you so that you walk in His ways. We abide primarily because we have been sealed by the Holy Spirit (Ephesians 1:13-14, 2 Corinthians 1:22, 2 Corinthians 5:5) and His influence in our lives, as we respond to Him in faith and surrender, keeps us in the faith and we abide in Him. Make sure that you don't neglect to read the verses that I've referenced.

I can ask one of these hyper religious people, "what are you trusting to get you into heaven", and they will say...."holding unto my FAITH" or "abiding in Christ" (self effort)

I would say that I'm trusting in Christ and His finished work....and that this trust is what saves me.

You're a fool,

You're in danger of hell fire (Matthew 5:22)..

The way you spot them, is to notice how they deal with the Cross and the Blood of Jesus and the Blood Atonement.
They will always refuse it, and replace it with "enduring", or "Abiding" or "self effort to stay saved", or the Torah, or some type of Obedience....etc.

We are certainly not saved through our obedience, our abiding, or even our enduring; however, if we are saved, it will produce obedience, abiding, and enduring, every time.

This can be commandment keeping, or "enduring to the end" as their gospel, or 'Abiding" as their gospel of works, that they teach is how you keep yourself saved.

See Matthew 10:22...which is holy scripture and profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, and for instruction in righteousness.

Abiding has nothing to do with works; except that as the result of abiding we "sin not" (1 John 3:6). Abiding in Christ is accomplished completely by faith.

and denying the "gift of Salvation" by teaching that this is found by "enduring to the end".

See Matthew 10:22, Hebrews 3:6, Hebrews 3:14.

There is a nominal, lukewarm, and shallow faith, the person who has it will fall away, Luke 8:13.

Then there is a heart faith that is unto righteousness (Romans 10:10) and enduring to the end (Matthew 10:22, Hebrews 3:6, Hebrews 3:14)...which faith is unto everlasting life (John 6:47).

If someone falls away they do not continue to have salvation/everlasting life.