Should a Christian smoke marijuana?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's harvest time in my neighborhood. I'm not impressed. Plants towering out of people's backyards. The room next to mine is now the dry room. It doesn't matter where I go, inside or out, all I can smell, and for the most part, see, is weed!
My son excels in growing big buds, so the dogs get the leaf. They love it! SMH
It's just a fad, they'll get bored with it.. lol

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It's just a fad, they'll get bored with it.. lol
Mama Dobie, or perhaps that should be Doobie, has arthritis and the other 2, well, they act like a bunch of teenagers, wrestling all the time. Sigh!

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you were in a position where you dealt with chronic crippling pain every day would you rather use cannabis or narcotic pain pills? For me if I used those pills I would probably be dead. I know how well they work and how fast you can build a tolerance to those. Iv'e seen many go off the deep end because they got addicted to those pills. I have seen lives lost because it progressed into them putting needles in their arms because the pills don't work anymore. Lives lost, addiction, suicide. These are what I have seen become of these. I take about 20 non narcotic pills a day for pain and the pain still cuts through that. In a perfect world we shouldn't have to deal with the debilitating effects of pain. For for some of us we do. Now I would hate to make a brother or sister stumble. But there is a place for cannabis in this fallen world and it is NOT for recreation. It is for getting through one more day.

Reactions: marks and Truman

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If you were in a position where you dealt with chronic crippling pain every day would you rather use cannabis or narcotic pain pills? For me if I used those pills I would probably be dead. I know how well they work and how fast you can build a tolerance to those. Iv'e seen many go off the deep end because they got addicted to those pills. I have seen lives lost because it progressed into them putting needles in their arms because the pills don't work anymore. Lives lost, addiction, suicide. These are what I have seen become of these. I take about 20 non narcotic pills a day for pain and the pain still cuts through that. In a perfect world we shouldn't have to deal with the debilitating effects of pain. For for some of us we do. Now I would hate to make a brother or sister stumble. But there is a place for cannabis in this fallen world and it is NOT for recreation. It is for getting through one more day.
Couldn't have said this better myself.... Walk one day in my shoes.
Once when I was confronted by a Pentecostal Christian for taking anti-depressant medication... I offered to go OFF of it and move in with her for a few months... She never spoke about it again....

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once when I was confronted by a Pentecostal Christian for taking anti-depressant medication... I offered to go OFF of it and move in with her for a few months... She never spoke about it again....
That’s funny. I take an antidepressant for pain and didn’t realize how depressed I actually was until I forgot to take it for about a week lol.

Reactions: Truman

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perfect!!

:)

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Last week a person I know that is a heroin addict blew his head off. He had back problems and ended up with a needle in his arm. His life took a dive resulting in divorce. He left behind two children. So sad.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Helping is never the intent...humiliating you and proving their spiritual superiority is...after all, they speak in tongues!
Well, so do I, sweetie! BTW...what's up with the shouting out with no interpretation? Never could understand that one.
Last week a person I know that is a heroin addict blew his head off. He had back problems and ended up with a needle in his arm. His life took a dive resulting in divorce. He left behind two children. So sad.
That is so sad. Why not just give him his drug and work with him? The children are now fatherless and more prone to suicide themselves. When are we going to start valuing all people?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@Addy Well put.... :)

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It's not a war on drugs, it's a war on drug addicts. The war on drugs, along with the 12-step program, have failed.
We need a new approach. What is need is a heart change, like the one God has worked in me!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
It's not a war on drugs, it's a war on drug addicts. The war on drugs, along with the 12-step program, have failed.
We need a new approach. What is need is a heart change, like the one God has worked in me!
@Truman Since a lot of politicians depend on lies, the change needs to be ultimately at an individual level by God's grace, rather than via politics...

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Truman Since a lot of politicians depend on lies, the change needs to be ultimately at an individual level by God's grace, rather than via politics...
Under the guidance of the Holy Spirit, with the correct interpretation of the written word. You may say, "How can one be sure it's the right interpretation?" For me, the supernatural signs and wonders confirmed it. My sister's friend did the same seminar and got healed out of a wheelchair.
Give God the glory!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
That’s funny. I take an antidepressant for pain and didn’t realize how depressed I actually was until I forgot to take it for about a week lol.
@Mantis People get used to it. Even to coffee in a similar way, I guess. That doesn't necessarily mean its an addiction. But the system gets accustomed to it. Even similar to getting tattoos; but again not necessarily an addiction in the proper sense of the word.

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Mantis People get used to it. Even to coffee in a similar way, I guess. That doesn't necessarily mean its an addiction. But the system gets accustomed to it. Even similar to getting tattoos; but again not necessarily an addiction in the proper sense of the word.

That makes sense. Kind of like you don’t realize how bad you feel until you are better.

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Thinking of you, friend...

Reactions: Mantis

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Anyone who has issues with marijuana being used in chemistry to make medicines is a total fool.
We grow a plant in Kingaroy QLD Australia that is 1000 times more toxic and it's grown for medicines, all one has to do is brush by the plant and you can end up in pixie land.
Not to mention 1000's of plants and toxic fish you name it all have been found to be made work in the chemistry of making medicines.