Should Christians Celebrate Halloween?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do what you believe that you need to do...The choice is always yours. But I do advise strongly to always continue to grow toward God in the things of God. The growth is the thing. When a flowing body of water stands still too long it begins to stagnate and eventually all that lived within it will die. Even so is it spiritually, if we can understand it.

Consider the Dead Sea where the River Jordan flows, but the Dead Sea is like the Great Salt Lake in Utah with no living fish at all because there is no outlet. The Jordan flows in, but it does not flow out. But... even for the dead, the fish of the Dead Sea, there is hope, the Hope remaining to men who have not met and taken hold of the Life which Jesus brought have... until they run out of time:

"And it shall come to pass, that the fishers shall stand upon it from Engedi even unto Eneglaim; they shall be a place to spread forth nets; their fish shall be according to their kinds, as the fish of the great sea [great sea = Dead Sea], exceeding many." Ezek 47:10
Everything I’m reading John says it’s the Mediterranean Sea.

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Be watching good comedy horror movies like Abbott and Costello met Frankenstein, crave me pumpkin to put out, get candy and probably eat it myself because no kids hardly ever come. I LOVE HALLOWEEN!!

happy-halloween-pooh-tigger-wallpaper.gif

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
Halloween was originally a pagan holiday that was "christianized." "Christmas" (i.e. celebrating Christ's birth) and "Easter" (i.e. celebrating Christ's resurrection) commemorate strictly Christian events that have been paganized with certain practices....

Amen! Boom. That wraps it up concerning my question. Thank you.

Reactions: Prayer Warrior

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
I ...not only witnessed it .... but experienced it!!!!
Why in the world would you ask @teamventure if he witnessed it ....when you wouldn't believe him anyway if he said he did??? You don't believe me ...why would you believe him?? Why do you even ask??

Thank You for sticking up for me.
I'm sorry for what you had to go through and that you have to endure ignorance on top of it.
Shalom friend!

Reactions: TLHKAJ

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
Think about this a bit ....if you were satan or one of his followers, what would be your strategy for hiding and suppressing awareness of your evil deeds? The cult isn't stupid. They infiltrate and work from the tip, down ...UN, world governments, the vatican, religious groups and institutions, courts, military, police forces, doctors, lawyers, judges....entertainment industry. My perps have included not only parents and relatives, but neighbors, doctors, religious leaders (deacons, pastors, priests, etc), top military personnel such as Lt Col Michael Aquino (among others), US presidents, etc. I have a bullet hole in the back of my house ...put there by a local retired police officer. I called police. Two officers came out, downplayed it, talked to the man who did it ...then came back and said it was an accident and it was my word against his ...when anyone could see the bullet hole and the direction the bullet came from. Mind you, it hit my house at the exact spot I was standing in my kitchen. It just didn't penetrate all the layers of wall and cabinets, etc.

Later, I spoke to the one police officer I knew I could trist ...he was shocked and angered that he was never informed and no report was made. He told me that the retired police was protected by members of the police force both locally and countywide and that he would get to the bottom of it and get back with me.

Well, I didn't hear back from him and didn't see him anymore for months. I prayed for his protection and hoped he was okay. A few days ago, I saw him again (after a year and a half) and he told me he nearly lost his job over that because he wrote the guy up and that was what got him in trouble. But God moved and this good police officer was made police chief and he has cleaned things up. But still .....no action on the man who shot at me. It had to be recorded as "accidental." Now ...who in their right mind target practices after dark, in a neighborhood where houses are all around?? It wasn't an accident. I know it and my friend the police chief knows it. But the web goes higher than him and his hands are tied.

Amen! People who deny these type of things are asleep and need to wake up.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everything I’m reading John says it’s the Mediterranean Sea.
Engedi is a town located on the shore of the Dead Sea according to a map I consulted. However I did not pursue it further so you could be correct as the Mediterranean was known as the "great sea".

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Encouraging people to not participate in normal USA traditions is not a socially healthy practice, no. In fact there is psychiatric evidence linking a lot of this isolationism to mental illness: Why People With Mental Illness Isolate Themselves | Psychreg
You're grasping for straws in this conclusion. Not participating in satanic celebrations is not "isolating." And it certainly is not an indication of mental illness. Wow, what a stretch one has to make to come to that conclusion!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're grasping for straws in this conclusion. Not participating in satanic celebrations is not "isolating." And it certainly is not an indication of mental illness. Wow, what a stretch one has to make to come to that conclusion!

You haven't established that Halloween (All Hallows' Eve) is a satanic celebration. You've witnessed that Satan worshipers commit crimes on that day.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You haven't established that Halloween (All Hallows' Eve) is a satanic celebration. You've witnessed that Satan worshipers commit crimes on that day.
It was first a pagan (satanic) holy day before the catholic church adopted it and gave it a twisted "Christian" cover.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was first a pagan (satanic) holy day before the catholic church adopted it and gave it a twisted "Christian" cover.

No I didn't see that October 31st was a pagan holiday first. Can you cite a credible source that professes that? I was waiting on that to form an opinion about the matter.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No I didn't see that October 31st was a pagan holiday first. Can you cite a credible source that professes that? I was waiting on that to form an opinion about the matter.
I believe some info has already been posted in this thread by me and others. My link was a bit obscure, I guess, because I linked it like this....pagan roots of halloween.
(You can click that.)
But here ...if you need an obvious link, here are a couple.

https://www1.cbn.com/the-pagan-roots-of-halloween

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see that there is an overlap of pagan and not pagan practices on that day. I will observe the not pagan practices. Thanks for the information :)
You should watch the videos as well...

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
So I am sure this has been talked about before, but Ive been convicted over the years to stop participating in Halloween. Though I am not against fall festivals at churches and think it is a great witness opportunity, here are reasons why I will be staying home on Halloween.

First of all, Halloween is also the shortened name of Allhalloween, All Hallows’ Evening, and All Saint’s Eve, which is celebrated on October 31st. It is also a religious holiday for Satanists and Wiccan faiths. I did not believe this part until I had a friend who was a witch for 30 years and was completely delivered from it. She told me some scarey stories, true stories, of what they actually did on Halloween. But I will not be going into the roots, but the reasons why I personally believe Halloween is ethically wrong for someone proclaiming Christ to celebrate.

1. Halloween breeds fear

Ephesians 5:11, “And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them.”

1 Thessalonians 5:22

22 Abstain from all appearance of evil.

Some good questions to ask yourself are:

Does Halloween fill me with faith or fear?

Yes, Halloween celebrates fear—the theme of darkness, graves, blood, skulls, vampires, witches and wizards infuse fear.

2 Timothy 1:7

For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

If God does not give us a spirit of fear but 365 times tells us not to fear, why will we invite fear by a celebration that breeds fear?

How I’m I honoring God in this celebration?

1 Corinthians 10:20

But I say, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to God: and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils.

About the dark and ghoulish themes and scarey stories:

Leviticus 20:27 tells us that anyone who practiced witchcraft, soothsaying, sorcery should be killed.

Deuteronomy 18:9-13 adds, “When you come into the land which the Lord your God is giving you, you shall not learn to follow the abominations of those nations. There shall not be found among you … one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord.”

Even though Christians are under the new covenant of grace, we should still be aware of what God loves and what He does not love. He said to abstain from all appearances of evil, and talks about how witchcraft is an abomination to Him. Halloween promotes being afraid and promotes dark/witches/satan/ and all the matter of monsters and other evil things. And people are dressing their CHILDREN as such.

1. Testimonies I have heard/read about

A Well known Christian evangelist(featured on Christian Broadcasting Network) who was once satanist warn against the celebration of Halloween.

A satanic priest was once quoted as saying,” He is thankful to Christian parents who allow their children to worship the devil on October 31st” Some who have been saved from such deception say it is considered one of the biggest days in satanism.

They share that they pray satanic prayers over customers and the candies to have access to the lives of, especially Christians.

WHAT DOES THE BIBLE SAY ABOUT GHOST?

Let’s see how the Bible uses the word ghost.

Firstly in the phrase “to give up the ghost,” meaning “to die.

We also see it in the Holy Trinity the HolySpirit or Holy Ghost

The Bible refers to ghosts or spirits of the dead as “familiar spirits” and warns us against having anything to do with them.

Leviticus 19:31; Deuteronomy 18:11; 2 Kings 21:6; Isaiah 8:19

1. Less Depression and Anxiety: I just have to say, since I have dropped celebrating Halloween, my anxiety for sure has went way down during this time of year. I stopped watching scarey movies and other things I know the Bible warns against and I feel very good about this decision.

If you do celebrate Halloween, I just would like to say to pay attention this year and ask yourself how you think Christ would respond to things you see. Is one day out of the year worth it? Im not against dress up or fall fun. But I highly doubt there will be Halloween in Heaven.

HALLOWEEN - Word Mission Church International

Hi sister. One day we will stand before the throne of God and give an account of the things we did on earth. Ephesians 5:8-15 tells us we need to walk carefully as children of light. Particularly how we live our life out on earth as believers because we live in evil days....

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You should watch the videos as well...

I tend not to focus so much on evil and people testimonies of evil things. I find it darkens my spirit. I know what is good and what is right. God guides me and so I try to focus on the good in life.

Reactions: Mayflower

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I tend not to focus so much on evil and people testimonies of evil things. I find it darkens my spirit. I know what is good and what is right. God guides me and so I try to focus on the good in life.
I sense a reluctance (and fear) to hearing or being exposed to information that may challenge your stance and desire to hold on to certain things (like halloween).

Reactions: Prayer Warrior

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I sense a reluctance (and fear) to hearing or being exposed to information that may challenge your stance and desire to hold on to certain things (like halloween).

Halloween itself is not pagan. You can watch all the videos in the world by members of different churches profess their beliefs. But at the end of the day only the history can tell the truth. I've already researched from credible sources the origins of All Hallows Eve. I engaged in Halloween as a child and made friendships and had fun involving it. I didn't have a bad experience on October 31st as you indicated you did. This is why I encouraged you to continue with counseling.

I did watch the devil worship video you showed me and found it to be "X" rated at best. I gave it this rating because it described something like a horror movie which would be rated "R" but went further, and it was a witnessed account of what is thought to be real. Cannibalism, ritualistic sacrifice and mutilations, abortions and eating babies, etc. I tend not to expose myself to such things intentionally as I find it sickening to the soul. If you want to expose yourself to such things, that is for you to decide. But I would suggest backing out of such things and focusing on a healthier lifestyle.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't need counseling to try to convince myself that evil is good .....not gonna happen. That's one and the same as telling me I'm messed up for following Holy Spirit leading and conviction which lines up with the Word of God.