Slaying Sacred Cows-- examining pet beliefs

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Still not following how your posts relate to my point that sin began in heaven.

BTW, regarding where God dwells, I read just yesterday @ Num 35:34 that God said he lives among the people in the land of Israel.
Oddly none of the patriarchs inherited?

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nonetheless, the sacred cow is that heaven is void of sin. IF it were not true, please explain why a new heaven is necessary in Rev 21-22?
2 Corinthians 5:17 KJV
[17] Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
They became the new heavens and new earth.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nonetheless, the sacred cow is that heaven is void of sin. IF it were not true, please explain why a new heaven is necessary in Rev 21-22?
You’re correct, the old garment was corrupted with sin.

It’s why He removed the stony heart.

Last edited:

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You live your life. For what purpose?

If you belong to HIM, your purpose is quite simple. He lives in and through you. You are His hands, His feet, His vessel and He fills you with His spirit. You produce fruit which produces seed, through which the tree of life grows and continues and this inner kingdom of heaven (within) expands. It's His purpose, for His pleasure and for His glory- to see LIFE continue, in you.

Imagery is used in scripture to make certain associations. The key understanding of this spiritual (heavenly) kingdom of God is rather 'agricultural.' It's with intent. Jesus taught us repeatedly---- the kingdom of heaven "is like....." and then he gave us examples, but none so stark and simple as that of the seed.

It's a bit like this... You live your life and give it willingly to expand this heavenly kingdom. It's your true purpose. --Like this agave plant. It grows for decades, then rises and in the rising it finally gives it's seed to the wind.... and in dying, it lives on.

Do you see it?

Reactions: Keturah

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow just wow....very scholarly post yet I'd like to insert this simplistic thought..............

When a serious CRIME happens & the AUTHORITIES gather the  FACTS of the case, the very LEAST RELIABLE source is that of the *eyewitnesses* !
What a person thinks or believes they saw or see is irrelevant to the FACTS of the case unless they line up with the evidence!

Reactions: Mr E

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow just wow....very scholarly post yet I'd like to insert this simplistic thought..............

When a serious CRIME happens & the AUTHORITIES gather the  FACTS of the case, the very LEAST RELIABLE source is that of the *eyewitnesses* !
What a person thinks or believes they saw or see is irrelevant to the FACTS of the case unless they line up with the evidence!

That’s true Keturah.

But people see only what they see. They can’t help what they see and sometimes they just don’t understand what they see…. So they spin it to fit what ‘they think.” Big mistake.

They have “eye trouble” not because of what they see, but because of what they believe.

• Love
Reactions: Keturah

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That’s true Keturah.

But people see only what they see. They can’t help what they see and sometimes they just don’t understand what they see…. So they spin it to fit what ‘they think.” Big mistake.

They have “eye trouble” not because of what they see, but because of what they believe.
The witnesses are being led.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The witnesses are being led.

Have you considered- that it's 'the witnesses' that are receptacles through which the oil for the lamps flows? The trees produce the oil that flows through the witnesses to the lamps.

Follow along with this....

I was attentive that night and saw a man seated on a red horse that stood among some myrtle trees in the ravine. Behind him were red, sorrel, and white horses.

A man, riding a horse..... but is it a man? No. This is in spirit, where 'a man' is not physical but spiritual. A spirit-man.

Then I asked one nearby, “What are these, sir?” The angelic messenger who replied to me said, “I will show you what these are.” Then the man standing among the myrtle trees spoke up and said, “These are the ones whom the LORD has sent to walk about on the earth.” The riders then agreed with the angel of the LORD, who was standing among the myrtle trees, “We have been walking about on the earth, and now everything is at rest and quiet.”
-

I looked again, and there was a man with a measuring line in his hand. I asked, “Where are you going?” He replied, “To measure Jerusalem in order to determine its width and its length.”

-
One like a son of man-- in this passage that follows, specifically named-- Yeshua. It's unmistakable, but always mistaken.

Next I saw Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the LORD, with Satan standing at his right hand to accuse him. The LORD said to Satan, “May the LORD rebuke you, Satan! May the LORD, who has chosen Jerusalem, rebuke you! Isn’t this man like a burning stick snatched from the fire?” Now Joshua was dressed in filthy clothes as he stood there before the angel. The angel spoke up to those standing all around, “Remove his filthy clothes.” Then he said to Joshua, “I have freely forgiven your iniquity and will dress you in fine clothing.” Then I spoke up, “Let a clean turban be put on his head.” So they put a clean turban on his head and clothed him, while the angel of the LORD stood nearby. Then the angel of the LORD exhorted Joshua solemnly: “The LORD of Heaven’s Armies says, ‘If you follow my ways and keep my requirements, you will be able to preside over my temple and attend to my courtyards, and I will allow you to come and go among these others who are standing by you. Listen now, Joshua the high priest, both you and your colleagues who are sitting before you, all of you are a symbol that I am about to introduce my servant, the Branch. As for the stone I have set before Joshua—on the one stone there are seven eyes. I am about to engrave an inscription on it,’ says the LORD of Heaven’s Armies, ‘to the effect that I will remove the iniquity of this land in a single day. In that day,’ says the LORD of Heaven’s Armies, ‘everyone will invite his friend to fellowship under his vine and under his fig tree.’”

-
The angelic messenger who had been speaking with me then returned and woke me, as a person is wakened from sleep. He asked me, “What do you see?” I replied, “I see a menorah of pure gold with a receptacle at the top. There are seven lamps at the top, with seven pipes going to the lamps. There are also two olive trees beside it, one on the right of the receptacle and the other on the left.” Then I asked the messenger who spoke with me, “What are these, sir?” He replied, “Don’t you know what these are?” So I responded, “No, sir.” Therefore he told me, “This is the LORD’s message to Zerubbabel: ‘Not by strength and not by power, but by my Spirit,’ says the LORD of Heaven’s Armies.

-
Next I asked the messenger, “What are these two olive trees on the right and the left of the menorah?” Before he could reply I asked again, “What are these two extensions of the olive trees, which are emptying out the golden oil through the two golden pipes?” He replied, “Don’t you know what these are?” And I said, “No, sir.” So he said, “These are the two anointed ones who stand by the Lord of the whole earth.”

• Love
Reactions: Waiting on him