solar eclipse prophecy?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

SavedInHim

Jan 10, 2023
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just want to get thoughts on this. Is this a sign?

I don't know if it's an important sign or not. A lot of internet prophets are saying it's a sign America is being called to repentance; maybe it is. But I'm of the opinion that we won't truly know if it's an important sign until it's over. If something more than a run-of-the-mill eclipse happens, then I'll be more inclined to see it as a clear warning. The people trying to create hysteria before it even happens are just using it for click bait in my opinion.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I honestly think that people will find ‘ coincidences ‘ In almost anything if they look for them - still I guess we will see tomorrow. I am trying to remember if we had all the hype about the total eclipse when we experienced it back in 1999- guess social media wasn’t really a thing back then, thinking about forums were not really part of my world either !!

Reactions: Pearl

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just want to get thoughts on this. Is this a sign?

I can't see it meaning anything related to the rapture because this is an eclipse that only some people on earth will see, not the entire world.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Could it be a sign specifically to the United States (because the place where the path of this eclipse converges with the path of the last eclipse is in the US)? I would say yes, it may be a sign that if the US would truly repent, God wouldn't destroy it, or allow destruction to come. The place where this eclipse and the previous one converges is very near the New Madrid fault. Could there be a huge shaking that beats all the previous shakings, right in the "heartland" of the United States? It wouldn't surprise me. Might a massive New Madrid earthquake cause catastrophic floods? Again, it wouldn't surprise me.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Once again, why would God single out one country, total eclipses go round the world eventually. It’s not always about judgments , Gods anger, prophecy ect it can be just an event that happens and absolutely nothing to do with anything.

Reactions: RedFan

SavedInHim

Jan 10, 2023
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All I know is a lot of people are going to look pretty silly if nothing at all happens but an eclipse. But if history tells us anything, it won't stop them from wildly speculating again when the next "sign" that comes around.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once again, why would God single out one country, total eclipses go round the world eventually. It’s not always about judgments , Gods anger, prophecy ect it can be just an event that happens and absolutely nothing to do with anything.
This is true, Rita. But we also need to be willing to pray and seek Him as to what He is saying, and doing. And He does give signs in the sun, moon, and stars. So why not ask, and listen? God has pronounced judgments on individual nations throughout history. If nothing happens, praise Him for His mercy and long-suffering. But I do believe that there will be judgment eventually.

Reactions: MA2444

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think it is interesting Iran just attacked Israel … some are saying this will quickly escalate into a regional conflict… all in relation to the eclipse.???

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well it is an interesting sign. The two eclipses of 2017 and 2024 form a cross which is also a "tav"/ Omega, last letter of Hebrew alphabet. Then add the 2023 path ti those eclipses and it forms "aleph"/Alpha, first letter of the Alphabet. Eclipse is close to the Cetus ( whale) constellation. It passes through Jonah, Texas and at one Niniveh directly with the remainder towns close to totality. The it exists in Burnt Church, New Brunswick , Canada.
40 days lands on May 18th which is also Pentacost. Likely it is not a a rapture sign but JUDGEMENT coming!