Son of God = Innocent

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bismarck

Oct 3, 2007
Now the centurion, and those who were with him keeping guard over Jesus, when they saw the earthquake and the things that were happening, became very frightened and said, "Truly this was the Son of God!" (Matthew 27:54)Now when the centurion saw what had happened, he began praising God, saying, "Certainly this man was righteous." (Luke 23:47)
We see that "the Son of God" (Matt 27:54) "was righteous" (Luke 23:47). This is to be distinguished from mortal men, among whom "there is none righteous, not even one" (Rom 3:10).However, through Belief in Jesus as Christ, righteousness is imputed to all who Believe (Rom 3:22).There is no contradiction here, rather these two passages fruitfully teach us correct doctrine.

Jon-Marc

Jun 8, 2007
Jacumba, CA
I've often wondered if the centurion was then born again after recognizing who Jesus was. Of course, if he never repented and asked God's forgiveness, then I would have to say no. After all, even Satan knows who He is.

Tyrel

Jan 16, 2007
While I see nothing wrong with either of those passages, I think you are putting a twist on them which is not necessary. Though Luke bases itself off of Matthew, there is no reason to interpret these passages and directly complementary.That's just my two cents.