Sorely Vexed

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ShineTheLight

May 7, 2021
Beaverton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The neverending saga continues. I remain in Florida. I've been dealing with the situation I'm in for 18-19 months now. I am sore vexed. I've been mad at God for allowing this to go on and on, where it affects my wellness. I can't stand the weather in the state of Florida, and it leads me to my eating problems. It drives me nuts that my life is wasted away in Florida. I have a hard time moving on to better things. It irritates me that it doesn't seem to end. I'm supposed to go through all this suffering, but what is the point if I don't get delivered from it? There's evil allowed that is meant for my good, but I'm not at the point where I can feel that right now. I'm frustrated with God. I need to see something that gives me hope to believe.

I'm in a complicated situation and there's more I haven't shared. I need prayer.

Reactions: Bob Estey

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I need to see something that gives me hope to believe.

“…blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.” (John 20:29)

I need prayer.

“Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.” (Psalms 27:14)

Be patient and may the Lord bring good things into your life in due time.

“…My time is not yet come: but your time is alway ready.” (John 7:6)

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The neverending saga continues. I remain in Florida. I've been dealing with the situation I'm in for 18-19 months now. I am sore vexed. I've been mad at God for allowing this to go on and on, where it affects my wellness. I can't stand the weather in the state of Florida, and it leads me to my eating problems. It drives me nuts that my life is wasted away in Florida. I have a hard time moving on to better things. It irritates me that it doesn't seem to end. I'm supposed to go through all this suffering, but what is the point if I don't get delivered from it? There's evil allowed that is meant for my good, but I'm not at the point where I can feel that right now. I'm frustrated with God. I need to see something that gives me hope to believe.

I'm in a complicated situation and there's more I haven't shared. I need prayer.
You're still relatively young. It's better to suffer now than to suffer later.

Reactions: Nancy

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Sounds like you have life burnout...and the pastor preached on that just this past Sunday. I will share the link. I had to force myself to listen to it but I am so glad I did...

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm really sorry. Will pray right now for a breakthrough in your life.

Blue Dragonfly's

Jul 15, 2022
not this Christian parody site
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Besides prayer what are you actively doing to save yourself?

A guy is in his house when horrendous rains start falling. The water begins to rise, and before long it becomes a major flood. The roads are covered in water making driving impossible. After awhile, a boat comes along.

A rescue worker in the boat yells, “Come on! We’re here to save you! Get in the boat!”

The guy in the house responds, “No! I’ve got faith that God will save me!”

After an unsuccessful rescue attempt, the boat leaves. The water continues to rise, and the guy is forced up to the second floor of his home.

The county sheriff’s boat comes along, and the sheriff yells, “Come on! You are going to drown if you don’t get in the boat.”

From his second floor window the guy says, “No! I’ll be okay! I have faith God will save me.” The boat moves on.

The house, except for a small part on the roof, is submerged in water. The guy is on the roof as a helicopter hovers overhead. The pilot shouts out, “This is your last chance! Climb up the ladder to safety! If you don’t come now you’re going to drown!”

The guy hollers, “No, thanks! God is going to save me!” The pilot shrugs his shoulders and flies away.

The house is covered, and the guy is swept away by the flood waters. He ascends to the Pearly Gates, where God is waiting for his arrival.

He asks God, “What happened? I have been devoted to you and had absolute faith that you would save me. Why did you let me down?”

God answers back, “What more do you want? I sent you two boats and a helicopter!”

heaven-water.gif

Reactions: Helen and L.A.M.B.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Besides prayer what are you actively doing to save yourself?

A guy is in his house when horrendous rains start falling. The water begins to rise, and before long it becomes a major flood. The roads are covered in water making driving impossible. After awhile, a boat comes along.

A rescue worker in the boat yells, “Come on! We’re here to save you! Get in the boat!”

The guy in the house responds, “No! I’ve got faith that God will save me!”

After an unsuccessful rescue attempt, the boat leaves. The water continues to rise, and the guy is forced up to the second floor of his home.

The county sheriff’s boat comes along, and the sheriff yells, “Come on! You are going to drown if you don’t get in the boat.”

From his second floor window the guy says, “No! I’ll be okay! I have faith God will save me.” The boat moves on.

The house, except for a small part on the roof, is submerged in water. The guy is on the roof as a helicopter hovers overhead. The pilot shouts out, “This is your last chance! Climb up the ladder to safety! If you don’t come now you’re going to drown!”

The guy hollers, “No, thanks! God is going to save me!” The pilot shrugs his shoulders and flies away.

The house is covered, and the guy is swept away by the flood waters. He ascends to the Pearly Gates, where God is waiting for his arrival.

He asks God, “What happened? I have been devoted to you and had absolute faith that you would save me. Why did you let me down?”

God answers back, “What more do you want? I sent you two boats and a helicopter!”

heaven-water.gif

I agree with your assessment !

Where did you get that awesome moving pic ?

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Sounds like you have life burnout...and the pastor preached on that just this past Sunday. I will share the link. I had to force myself to listen to it but I am so glad I did...
I missed this post, what a powerful message - I was in tears at the end.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I missed this post, what a powerful message - I was in tears at the end.
I just watched it again because of your post. How simple it is to be free of stress if we just stop and rest in Him...rest in His presence...rest from the cares of the world.
Rest
Amen.

Reactions: Helen and Rita

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
For me it was more about seeing Elijah at a low point, I knew he had been but not really considered it further , also about God being in a gentle whisper xxxx

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
For me it was more about seeing Elijah at a low point, I knew he had been but not really considered it further , also about God being in a gentle whisper xxxx
@Rita

Reminds me of this comparison:

"And David was greatly distressed; for the people spake of stoning him, because the soul of all the people was grieved, every man for his sons and for his daughters: but David encouraged himself in the Lord his God." (1 Samuel 30.6)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I just watched it again because of your post. How simple it is to be free of stress if we just stop and rest in Him...rest in His presence...rest from the cares of the world.
Rest
Amen.
@Heart2Soul Your post reminds me of the words of John Greenleaf Whittier:

"Drop thy still dews of quietness,
till all our strivings cease;
take from our souls the strain and stress,
and let our ordered lives confess
the beauty of thy peace."

John 14.27

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Heart2Soul Your post reminds me of the words of John Greenleaf Whittier:

"Drop thy still dews of quietness,
till all our strivings cease;
take from our souls the strain and stress,
and let our ordered lives confess
the beauty of thy peace."

John 14.27
Beautiful....you must read alot because you're always quoting someone or some scripture or something relating to the topic.

My Dreams

Feb 22, 2020
Raipur
Faith
Christian
Country
India
Lord we bring ShineTheLight, and this prayer request, to you, please bless, in Jesus glorious name, Amen!

Reactions: Nancy