"Special Revelation" #&*@ -- Seriously??

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I haven't moved the goalposts an inch. I'm still asking the same question because you still aren't able to answer it.

Let's review--

You- Test the spirits to see if they are from God.
Me- How?

You- They have to pass the smell test (correct)
Me- What is the smell test?

Me- How do you differentiate (between a spirit from God vs some other spirit)? What is your measuring stick?
You- I already said-- Test the spirits

Me- How do YOU do that? What is your test? What is your process?
You- The test isn't mine, it's His.

Me- Okay, what is His test? What is His method?
You- It's all spiritual. By the spirit.

Often times these threads spin out from other conversations that give them better context, but not knowing if that's the case here-- I'm simply asking a very practical question about your post where you tell people to test the spirits, but offer no instruction on how. It's a bit like telling children who never have, -to make a paper airplane.

See how you are? It's taken you all this time to spit it out--and when you do, you want me to interpret scripture after you have questioned my interpretative explanation. We've come full circle.

Ssshoooow!​

Okay, testing every spirit is a matter of having the Spirit of God. Do you see the problem? If you need to ask...it is an admission of not having the Holy Spirit who would not have asked "How do you test the spirit?"

This is biblically referred to as "spiritual discernment", which is to meet all things by and with the spirit of God, who knows all things. In which case, if one does not have this within them to do, one need only ask God for it (which, of course, is subject to His timing). Be patient, all things are to be revealed--"there is nothing hidden which will not be revealed."

• Haha
Reactions: Mr E

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[Again] I will set the record straight:

I have NOT said I "deny a future, literal, visible, second coming of Jesus Christ in the heavens." You just don't understand what I did and do continue to say: that Jesus' second coming is only "future" for those to whom He comes in the future...which He also has done in the past for those to whom He came to in the past, which began "soon" after He said He would, and as Paul explained is, "but each one in his own order." But you live by the time standards and terms of this world, and therefore do not comprehend the timeless acts of God to fulfill His purpose according to His terms rather than the terms of this world.

So, no, the scriptures are correct, but you simply don't fully understand...and that "basic foundational belief in the Christian faith" of it all only being "future", is in error--"strong delusion", just as it was foretold to occur.
As I stated, you deny a "Literal" "Visible" second coming, you belief is the second coming is at a person's individual time of salvation "Spiritual Symbolic"

Scott we covered this in great detail a few months back, your belief is "Spiritual Symbolic" not "Literal Visible"

(They Shall See The Son Of Man Coming)

Matthew 24:29-31KJV
29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See how you are? It's taken you all this time to spit it out--and when you do, you want me to interpret scripture after you have questioned my interpretative explanation. We've come full circle.

Ssshoooow!​

Okay, testing every spirit is a matter of having the Spirit of God. Do you see the problem? If you need to ask...it is an admission of not having the Holy Spirit who would not have asked "How do you test the spirit?"

This is biblically referred to as "spiritual discernment", which is to meet all things by and with the spirit of God, who knows all things. In which case, if one does not have this within them to do, one need only ask God for it (which, of course, is subject to His timing). Be patient, all things are to be revealed--"there is nothing hidden which will not be revealed."

Let me throw you a rope.

1 John was written to believers who were having difficulty discerning truth. They were being flooded with 'revelations' from people like you, who were sharing their private interpretations.

John wasn't telling them that God would be doing a test, but that they should be the ones to do the test.

Here's your test question---What's the test Scott?

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I stated, you deny a "Literal" "Visible" second coming, you belief is the second coming is at a person's individual time of salvation "Spiritual Symbolic"

Scott we covered this in great detail a few months back, your belief is "Spiritual Symbolic" not "Literal Visible"

29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Yah, you're like a broken record. Yet you are so off you forget in your accusations putting down what is spiritual, that God is spirit...apparently not knowing that this is a danger to you, as "with the same measure that you use, it will be measured back to you.

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let me throw you a rope.

1 John was written to believers who were having difficulty discerning truth. They were being flooded with 'revelations' from people like you, who were sharing their private interpretations.

John wasn't telling them that God would be doing a test, but that they should be the ones to do the test.

Here's your test question---What's the test Scott?

You have asked already and I have answered already. However, none of what I have shared is "private interpretation."

PS, But thanks for proving my OP point--only 23 posts into the thread and you accuse me of "private interpretation." History repeats itself.

Last edited:

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have asked already and I have answered already. However, none of what I have shared is "private interpretation."

PS, But thanks for proving my OP point--only 23 posts into the thread and you accuse me of "private interpretation." History repeats itself.

Or maybe you're just sensitive.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yah, you're like a broken record. Yet you are so off you forget in your accusations putting down what is spiritual, that God is spirit...apparently not knowing that this is a danger to you, as "with the same measure that you use, it will be measured back to you.
A broken record in truth, human eyes upon this earth will be eyewitnesses of the Lord's return in the heavens, it's a future event that will be universal

The scripture below doesn't teach a symbolic gobbly goop theology, of the second coming being at a person's individual salvation as you teach, it's future, literal, and will be visible globally

Last edited:
Reactions: rebuilder 454

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A broken record in truth, human eyes upon this earth will be eyewitnesses of the Lord's return in the heavens, it's a future event that will be universal

The scripture below doesn't teach a symbolic gobbly goop theology, of the second coming being at a person's individual salvation as you teach, it's future, literal, and will be visible globally

Again, you (and indeed most of Christendom) don't understand what it is you are reading and therefore make false, nonbiblical statements.

A little while longer and the world will see Me no more, but you will see Me. Because I live, you will live also.​

Jesus' return is not "universal", nor on "this earth", but is in spirit. You are wrong. As for "every eye shall see"--it is not a "future" historical event, but is an all-of-history event...which cannot occur on just one "future" day, nor even "physically", but only in spirit and in the heavens.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus' return is not "universal", nor on "this earth", but is in spirit. You are wrong. As for "every eye shall see"--it is not a "future" historical event, but is an all-of-history event...which cannot occur on just one "future" day, nor even "physically", but only in spirit and in the heavens.
And we're right where we left off months ago, Scott's mystical, symbolic, gobbly goop, found no place in scripture

The second coming of Jesus Christ (Is An All Of History Event) Sure, Real Big Smiles!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And we're right where we left off months ago, Scott's mystical, symbolic, gobbly goop, found no place in scripture

The second coming of Jesus Christ (Is An All Of History Event) Sure, Real Big Smiles!

As it is written:

Behold, He is coming with clouds, and every eye will see Him, even they who pierced Him. And all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of Him. Even so, Amen.​

Not only "future" according to your false doctrine, but past, present, and future.

The problem is you are not blind, but intentionally adamant...for a reason.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Did the Catholic church have all the answers (meaning no more mysteries or need for revelations regarding God) once the 66 books of the Bible were entered into the Canon?

Hello Scott,

The Catholic Church had the answer before one letter of the NT was penned..

The answer, of course, is Jesus!

Pax et Bonum

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Scott,

The Catholic Church had the answer before one letter of the NT was penned..

The answer, of course, is Jesus!

Pax et Bonum

Yes, but that does not make void what He said regarding revelations and all truth to come, beginning at Pentecost and only to be finished before the sounding of the seventh angel. Then comes the end.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
what He said regarding revelations and all truth to come, beginning at Pentecost and only to be finished before the sounding of the seventh angel.

There have been many 'private' revelations down through the centuries, they must of course be tested, and the best they receive is a 'worthy of belief' from the Church. they may be helpful but are not binding on the Faithful..

Pax et Bonum

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, you (and indeed most of Christendom) don't understand what it is you are reading and therefore make false, nonbiblical statements.

A little while longer and the world will see Me no more, but you will see Me. Because I live, you will live also.​

Nope
You need "revelation".
All your spiritual applications need to be backed up, in harmony with heaven, not your private assumptions.

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mormons have many special revelations.
It is imperative for believers to counsel with God and receive special revelations.
Getting it wrong about the second coming is not high ground at all.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There have been many 'private' revelations down through the centuries, they must of course be tested, and the best they receive is a 'worthy of belief' from the Church. they may be helpful but are not binding on the Faithful..

Pax et Bonum

You must be referring to would-be sightings of Mary in the clouds and other such faithfluff. I am not.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope
You need "revelation".
All your spiritual applications need to be backed up, in harmony with heaven, not your private assumptions.

Mormons have many special revelations.
It is imperative for believers to counsel with God and receive special revelations.
Getting it wrong about the second coming is not high ground at all.

These two posts do not make it clear just what your position actually is, and whether you are for or against the reality that the Spirit is active and God still revealing "here a little, there a little" unto the end (just before the sounding of the seventh angel).

Certainly, all revelation from God is in accord with God. Amen. But He does indeed work and Christ works--even on this sabbath.

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[Again] I will set the record straight:

I have NOT said I "deny a future, literal, visible, second coming of Jesus Christ in the heavens." You just don't understand what I did and do continue to say: that Jesus' second coming is only "future" for those to whom He comes in the future...which He also has done in the past for those to whom He came to in the past, which began "soon" after He said He would, and as Paul explained is, "but each one in his own order." But you live by the time standards and terms of this world, and therefore do not comprehend the timeless acts of God to fulfill His purpose according to His terms rather than the terms of this world.

So, no, the scriptures are correct, but you simply don't fully understand...and that "basic foundational belief in the Christian faith" of it all only being "future", is in error--"strong delusion", just as it was foretold to occur.

It seems you are conflating our entering into the Kingdom of God through His Spirit in us, with Christ's coming again in power and glory at the end of days. Christ came preaching the Kingdom of God as near, even at the doors for whosoever hears the message of the Kingdom of God and enters (spiritually) into His Kingdom through new birth of His Spirit in us.

Believers do enter the spiritual Kingdom of God "each in his own order" as we hear the Gospel of the Kingdom of God preached and according to grace through faith we each individually enter the Kingdom of God that is then "within you". You aren't making a distinction between the spiritual Kingdom of God that Christ came to earth a man with, and the Kingdom of God that shall be physically upon the new earth when Christ comes again.

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As it is written:

Behold, He is coming with clouds, and every eye will see Him, even they who pierced Him. And all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of Him. Even so, Amen.​

Not only "future" according to your false doctrine, but past, present, and future.

The problem is you are not blind, but intentionally adamant...for a reason.

Scott every eye will see (all who are still alive) Christ PHYSICALLY returning with the clouds of heaven in the same way He was seen departing from this earth. ALL without exception (even the dead) will see Him, because ALL without exception (living & dead) will be called before the Great White Throne Judgment, where those who remain DEAD will be judged by what is written in the books and the book of life.