Spirit-Filled Members: Please Comment

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is not the following located also in what you call God's Word?

"And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:" Eph 4:11-12

Since the saints are not all perfected and the work of the ministry continues the need for them remains, does it not?
yes, 'He gave', past tense.
Anyhow, quit beating around the bush and give me the name of a prophet today who brings us new revelation.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let me add one...
Romans 10:17 (KJV) So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
Yes, that is a good one, but without the Holy Spirit, where is the Word of God? Don't tell me in the Bible, because if the Word of God is not in a man's heart, how can he hear God's voice? Only His sheep hear His voice.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No I have proven that despite the claims of a living Prophet today, no names or quotes can be produced. Would you like to try your hand at coming up with a living Prophet, oh mighty man of faith?
No one is going to provide you with more proof than Jesus gave the Jewish leadership and for the same reasons.

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, that is a good one, but without the Holy Spirit, where is the Word of God? Don't tell me in the Bible, because if the Word of God is not in a man's heart, how can he hear God's voice? Only His sheep hear His voice.
God's Spirit and God's Word work hand in hand. You can't divorce the two or you land up either in Mysticism or Legalism.

Reactions: marks

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one is going to provide you with more proof than Jesus gave the Jewish leadership and for the same reasons.
Well claims without evidence is wishful thinking. Our faith is not blind faith.

Hebrews 1:1-2 (KJV) God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

Last edited:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Let me add one...
Romans 10:17 (KJV) So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

...by the "rhema" of God". A rhema is a word you actually hear...not what you read per se. The word...logos... is solid and static. It is like monument. Like the way you read the bible.

But a rhema is dynamic...miraculous. It is personal and intimate. It is that dynamic word spoken to the heart that brings faith.

The bible produces nothing of itself...maybe just some human beliefs and opinions....and indoctrinations.

So a prophet speaks out the rhema of God...the word of the Lord. Not just doing a bible reading.

The letter kills but the Spirit gives life.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well claims without evidence is wishful thinking. Our faith is not blind faith.

Hebrews 1:1-2 (KJV) God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

You may be confusing "My sheep know My voice"...with a chapter and verse citation that anyone can read.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you have proven my friend is that when faith was required, you along with Thomas, fell short.
Um, has anyone named a prophet?

Seems to me that Prism so far is unanswered in his challenge.

As far as Thomas goes . . . I've heard people malign him like all my life.

"Blessed are those who have not seen, and believed", this is a blessing that is given to those who have not seen . . . but consider,

Blessing one does not diminish another. I can say, they are blessed, and it does not mean you are not. I mean, seriously, Thomas was standing before the Living God, Who was urging Thomas to handle Him enough that Thomas would believe in Him. Because that is what He wants.

But another point that I feel is often overlooked . . .

Thomas was doing EXACTLY what Jesus had told them to do. To the Letter.

Matthew 24
23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.
24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
25 Behold, I have told you before.
26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

Much love!

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...by the "rhema" of God". A rhema is a word you actually hear...not what you read per se. The word...logos... is solid and static. It is like monument. Like the way you read the bible.

But a rhema is dynamic...miraculous. It is personal and intimate. It is that dynamic word spoken to the heart that brings faith.

The bible produces nothing of itself...maybe just some human beliefs and opinions....and indoctrinations.

So a prophet speaks out the rhema of God...the word of the Lord. Not just doing a bible reading.

The letter kills but the Spirit gives life.
What has this to do with the current topic?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yes, 'He gave', past tense.
Why do you play word games with this as if the tense made a difference. Yes, even as He "gave" gifts which will remain in until that which is perfect is come:

"For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.
But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away." I Cor 13:9-10

Some say that which is perfect is the written scriptures, but no, that which is perfect is the completed flawless Church when it is ready to meet Jesus. The Church needs to be what?

"... even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
" Eph 5:25-27

It needs to sanctified and cleansed, with spot or wrinkle or any such thing, holy and without blemish. That is talking about people. If it is these people, or even some of them, on this forum, all of them need to be sanctified, clean, spotless, unwrinkled, holy and blemish free. They are not yet, but when allowed to do so, God is still working on them. He is not finished yet. The perfection is not here yet... so the gifts given are still necessary for "the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ."
Anyhow, quit beating around the bush and give me the name of a prophet today who brings us new revelation.

Even if I or someone else here were willing to play this silly game with you, any answer we would give, right or wrong, would mean nothing because you are really more interested in appearing to right before people than in having God's truth. Your friends are watching you.

You have forgotten even the most basic things that Jesus taught if ever you knew them:

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." Matt 6:33

If we stop seeking these things while time remains to us, why should we expect "all of these things" to be added? What Jesus said was a promise to those who would seek, but the fulfillment [things...added] is based on us keeping our part of the deal by continuing to seek. When we stop seeking before our time is finished, we also stop God from giving any rewards to us at the end of our course.

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Responding to the verse you wrote...do you know what it even means?

And what are you...who are not a Spirit-filled believer doing on a thread that is asking the advice of such?
Trolling again? Well, I'm not taking the bait LOL.

Reactions: Episkopos

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you play word games with this as if the tense made a difference. Yes, even as He "gave" gifts which will remain in until that which is perfect is come:

"For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.
But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away." I Cor 13:9-10

Some say that which is perfect is the written scriptures, but no, that which is perfect is the completed flawless Church when it is ready to meet Jesus. The Church needs to be what?

"... even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
" Eph 5:25-27

It needs to sanctified and cleansed, with spot or wrinkle or any such thing, holy and without blemish. That is talking about people. If it is these people, or even some of them, on this forum, all of them need to be sanctified, clean, spotless, unwrinkled, holy and blemish free. They are not yet, but when allowed to do so, God is still working on them. He is not finished yet. The perfection is not here yet... so the gifts given are still necessary for "the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ."

Even if I or someone else here were willing to play this silly game with you, any answer we would give, right or wrong, would mean nothing because you are really more interested in appearing to right before people than in having God's truth. Your friends are watching you.

You have forgotten even the most basic things that Jesus taught if ever you knew them:

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." Matt 6:33

If we stop seeking these things while time remains to us, why should we expect "all of these things" to be added? What Jesus said was a promise to those who would seek, but the fulfillment [things...added] is based on us keeping our part of the deal by continuing to seek. When we stop seeking before our time is finished, we also stop God from giving any rewards to us at the end of our course.
I'm not getting into your personal petty taunts.
You say my question is 'a silly game' trying to prove myself right.
Wrong, I am simply exposing the nonsense that goes on in much of Christendom and it's phony spirituality.
Why can't one person name one Prophet of God alive here today, or a prophetic utterance of theirs...instead of all these petty personal attacks?
Give me that info, or no more response from me on this topic.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That would be sufficient!

The sign of Jonah.

Much love!
What was the sign of Jonah?

"For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth." Matt 12:40

You already have the sign and yet you demand more. Do you not believe Jesus already did what he said he would? Were you there in the flesh to personally witness the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus, the man, in order to believe it? Do we have to go through again what faith is and where it comes from? Proof? Evidence?

Do we not live already by faith? What proof? What evidence?

Help us dear Lord!

Reactions: faithfulness

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not getting into your personal petty taunts.
You say my question is 'a silly game' trying to prove myself right.
Wrong, I am simply exposing the nonsense that goes on in much of Christendom and it's phony spirituality.
Why can't one person name one Prophet of God alive here today, or a prophetic utterance of theirs...instead of all these petty personal attacks?
Give me that info, or no more response from me on this topic.
I don't believe I have used 'taunts' against you. Perhaps you should check the definition of the word.

I could name more than one real person today in answer to your question, but I refuse to do that for reasons already given.

Now we shall see if you will keep your pledge of "no more response" from you on this topic.

Reactions: Episkopos

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Responding to the verse you wrote...do you know what it even means?

And what are you...who are not a Spirit-filled believer doing on a thread that is asking the advice of such?

Passing this kind of judgment on others becomes no one.

Reactions: prism