Spiritual Israel

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Joe Domingo

Apr 18, 2013
Galatians 6:16
"And as many as walk according to this rule, peace and mercy be upon them, and upon the Israel of God."

As Paul begins to conclude his letter to the Galatians, who are gentiles by nature, he clues us into something quite interesting.
He calls them the Israel of God.

I believe that a new movement is occurring in the spirit. I believe that the Church will be awakening back to its original identity - which is the Israel of God.

This is a spiritual movement and I am seeing more and more youtube videos and writings on the subject all over the internet.

What do you think about this movement?

JB_Reformed Baptist

Many are called but few are chosen.
Feb 23, 2013
AUSTRALIA
Joe Domingo said:
"And as many as walk according to this rule, peace and mercy be upon them, and upon the Israel of God."

As Paul begins to conclude his letter to the Galatians, who are gentiles by nature, he clues us into something quite interesting.

I believe that a new movement is occurring in the spirit. I believe that the Church will be awakening back to its original identity - which is the Israel of God.

This is a spiritual movement and I am seeing more and more youtube videos and writings on the subject all over the internet.

Never heard of it. Got a link or two?

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I don't believe in "replacement theology" or the pre-tribulation rapture of the Church...just my personal opinion here... :)

Bless ya!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Joe Domingo said:

As with any human response it has both good and bad connotations.

To the good we see a deeper understanding of the purpose of God coming forward that helps in the strengthening and anchoring of the church into the type of holiness we are destined to show forth.

On the negative side we are seeing a return to the law for perfecting the brethren. A return to sabbath keeping and kosher eating..etc..

So the benefit is spiritual, but the detriment is the strengthening of the carnal reasoning of men.

God's ways always do this..they bring fire and a sword....dividing between the spirit and the flesh.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
For those of you that lable these passages as "replacement theoloigy" I'm interested in hearing your interpretation of Gal CH 3
Please explain to me the understanding of salvation by birth right.

3 O foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you that you should not obey the truth,[a] before whose eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed among you[b] as crucified? 2 This only I want to learn from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 3 Are you so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are you now being made perfect by the flesh? 4 Have you suffered so many things in vain—if indeed it was in vain?
5 Therefore He who supplies the Spirit to you and works miracles among you, does He do it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?— 6 just as Abraham “believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.”[c] 7 Therefore know that only those who are of faith are sons of Abraham. 8 And the Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel to Abraham beforehand, saying, “In you all the nations shall be blessed.”[d] 9 So then those who are of faith are blessed with believing Abraham.

To Episkopos, Paul address the isue of the law as well. Verse 10-14

15 Brethren, I speak in the manner of men: Though it is only a man’s covenant, yet if it is confirmed, no one annuls or adds to it. 16 Now to Abraham and his Seed were the promises made. He does not say, “And to seeds,” as of many, but as of one, “And to your Seed,”[i] who is Christ. 17 And this I say, that the law, which was four hundred and thirty years later, cannot annul the covenant that was confirmed before by God in Christ,[j] that it should make the promise of no effect. 18 For if the inheritance is of the law, it is no longer of promise; but God gave it to Abraham by promise.
The long and short of it is this, salvation has never delivered by virtue of birth it has always been by faith. That is what Paul says about Abraham and the promise.
Now Jesus did fulfill the law that came latter but that's another subject. Now many would like to establish their interpretation of NT "new covenant" laws necessary for salvation. The Scribes and Pharisees would probably be very pleased to see that many churches today support what they taught and first contaminated the gospel of faith with.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Joe Domingo .... why did you start two threads on this same subject ? Does it make you feel twice as correct or something ? Here is my same reply from your other identical thread .................

Joe Domingo said:
The one thing to understand is that Israel has always been and continues to be spiritual.
So are you saying that the country of Israel and it's citizens in the middle east is just a figment of our imagination ?

So are you saying that all the unfulfilled bible prophecy about Israel is just a figment of our imagination ?

So are you saying that when The Lord returns to Israel it will just be a figment of His imagination ?

Do you know why you think like that ?

I do.

You want everybody to think that literal Israel is actually just some "spiritual entity" floating around in the mind of Joe Domingo because Joe Domingo thinks he is Israel.

Good luck with trying to sell that concept sir.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
Arnie Manitoba said:

Good luck with trying to sell that concept sir.
This isn't Joe's concept, it is Pauls teaching and he interprets the promise to Abraham in Gal Ch 3. The promise was not to the seeds being the decedents of Abraham but unto the seed that was Christ Gal 3:16

The promise to Abraham according to Paul's interpretation is that it included the Gentiles Gal 3:8-9

I might say good luck arguing with Paul's interpretation of the Promise spoken to Abraham.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Israel is both a nation and a congregation of nations...

Gen 35:11 And God said unto him, I am God Almighty: be fruitful and multiply; a nation and a company of nations shall be of thee, and kings shall come out of thy loins;

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Rex said:
This isn't Joe's concept, it is Pauls teaching and he interprets the promise to Abraham in Gal Ch 3. The promise was not to the seeds being the decedents of Abraham but unto the seed that was Christ Gal 3:16

The promise to Abraham according to Paul's interpretation is that it included the Gentiles Gal 3:8-9

I might say good luck arguing with Paul's interpretation of the Promise spoken to Abraham.
So are you saying that Paul was saying that Israel is actually Joe Domingo ??

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
JB_ said:
Now you're being obtuse. Accept your mistaken and receive the engrafted word, with meekness. :)
It may sound obtuse ..... but I like to over-simplify on occasion .... it saves a lot of useless side arguments.

So continuing with my obtuse oversimplification , I repeat the following ....

Mr Joe Domingo (and others) feel they are Israel in some vague mystical spiritual way

In order to make that work I would have to apply the remainder of Israel bible prophecy exclusively to them

I am not able to make that scenario work

neither can anyone else.

If we apply the remainder of Israel bible prophecy to Israel , it works every time

I see Joe Domingo and myself as gentile Christians ..... who will benefit from the promises to Israel because we have been grafted in like a branch onto Israel

But some time in the future the full number of Gentiles will have come in , and the times of the gentiles are over.

The focus is then fully back on Israel ..... the nation in the middle East.

And it will be at that time God fulfills all the rest of his promises to Israel

It is wrong to think that all the rest of the promises have been fulfilled in the Western Gentile Church

JB_Reformed Baptist

Many are called but few are chosen.
Feb 23, 2013
AUSTRALIA
Arnie Manitoba said:
It may sound obtuse ..... but I like to over-simplify on occasion .... it saves a lot of useless side arguments.

So continuing with my obtuse oversimplification , I repeat the following ....

Mr Joe Domingo (and others) feel they are Israel in some vague mystical spiritual way

In order to make that work I would have to apply the remainder of Israel bible prophecy exclusively to them

I am not able to make that scenario work

neither can anyone else.

If we apply the remainder of Israel bible prophecy to Israel , it works every time

I see Joe Domingo and myself as gentile Christians ..... who will benefit from the promises to Israel because we have been grafted in like a branch onto Israel

But some time in the future the full number of Gentiles will have come in , and the times of the gentiles are over.

The focus is then fully back on Israel ..... the nation in the middle East.

And it will be at that time God fulfills all the rest of his promises to Israel

It is wrong to think that all the rest of the promises have been fulfilled in the Western Gentile Church
I agree that as God began with Israel and after the time of the Gentiles God again may focus his attention on Israel, so as to bring the rest of his sheep in from what remnant is left according to his sovereign plan. But I may be mixing and matching.

So in all honesty I can't say definitively this is so as it appears to indicate in scripture. Given the Gospel has gone to all the world there's nothing stopping an Israelite by blood receiving christ except his own willful stubbornness, notwithstanding the Sovereignty of God in this matter.

In regards to the Israel of God, all believers belong to this whether Gentile, Jew or Greek, etc. REX has made this point I think crystal clear. I totally reject that Israel after the flesh, will be treated differently to Christians. As I alluded to above Israel will be a focus again inasmuch as the remaining elect will be drawn into the 'Israel of GOD/Spiritual Israel'. i.e. Into Christ

So to recap, Israel after the flesh I believe is no consequence, certainly no more than bringing the final remnant in and this will no doubt not be all of them. So then we can say all Israel will be saved.

Trust I haven't muddied the water. :)

NB: Those carnal promises to Israel of OT- though granted in some measure - were and are spiritual realities/promises. Abraham Understood this, why can't we?