• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

EloyCraft

Mar 17, 2022
Az
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lets make the distinction between a person who martyr's themself, in an effort to be accepted by God, and a real Martyr who God calls into a situation that is going to cause this to happen to them, and they know it.
Ok. Only tell the real martyrs.
You remember Peter telling Jesus He didn't have to go to Jerusalem to die?
Because your beliefs provide an obstacle to martyrdom Jesus would say the sam thing to you that He said to Peter.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have not shown me anything that Paul teaches.
You've only shown me that you can cut and paste the same verse 100 times and then say...."see there".
Well?
Its nothing., and will continue to be.
How can you say I did not show you what Paul meant by "otherwise you have believed in vain"? I did show you. Here it is, again..

"2and by which you are being saved, if you hold fast to the word I preached to you—unless you believed in vain." 1 Corinthians 15:2

"14And if Christ has not been raised, then our preaching is in vain and your faith is in vain." 1 Corinthians 15:14

"17And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile and you are still in your sins." 1 Corinthians 15:17

The potential vanity of what they believed is if Christ has not been raised from the dead. I showed you this and you are choosing to ignore it. Fine. But at least be honest enough to say you're ignoring it, just don't deceitfully and dishonestly change scripture to suit what you want it to say. Don't be a deceitful heretic! Be an honest heretic, lol.

Reactions: BarneyFife

EloyCraft

Mar 17, 2022
Az
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are both.

Here is a legit one..

Joan of Arc.

She was burned alive, screaming out to Jesus, while Catholic Bishops who desired this, laughed at first, watching her catch on fire.
AS she continued to ROAST, Joan of Arc, who the Catholic Cult had demonized and slandered as a heretic, continued to call out to Jesus....till she could not, as her lips had burned off in the hot fire.
These Catholic murderers, " One True church leaders".....by the time she was dead, had stopped laughing and were repenting and were so so sorry.

Kinda too late.......

But later, as this Cat Cult will do, when they are caught in the Hot Light of Truth......they decided to make Joan of Arc, one of their "beloved Saints".

Isn't that precious?
They burned her, then they made her a Catholic Saint later on to try to hide the fact that they burned her alive.

What a demonic cult.
Amazing.
I don't judge a teaching by the faults of it's members.
Jesus didn't accuse Moses of error just because wicked men sat in his chair did He?

Reactions: Philip James

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Ok. Only tell the real martyrs.
You remember Peter telling Jesus He didn't have to go to Jerusalem to die?
Because your beliefs provide an obstacle to martyrdom Jesus would say the sam thing to you that He said to Peter.

What you said is not related to anything ive posted.
Try to be more concise and clear.

EloyCraft, I only contrasted a real martyr, with a false martry, in my posts.

Jesus was a real one.... Hallelujah !!!
10 of the original 12 Apostles, were also real martyrs.

Today, somewhere in this world, some real martyr's for Christ left this world, by being Martyr'd.

Have you ever read these:

Foxe's Book of Martyr's?

The Screwtape Letters

You should. Every Christian should read them both.
-
-
Foxes.jpeg
-
Scretape.jpg

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I don't judge a teaching by the faults of it's members.
Jesus didn't accuse Moses of error just because wicked men sat in his chair did He?

The born again, are to "test the spirits".....and we are to "know them by their fruit".........because .."He that is spiritual, judges all things".

So, its incredibly important for a believer to learn how to HEAR what a deceiver sounds like, when they TEACH.
If you dont learn this, and become skilled, then a heretic has a good chance of breaking your faith.
Some of my Threads and many of my posts are teaching this skill.

Now i have not studied your faith, as you have not actually offered your belief as a theology.
But when and if you do, i'll hear it and know what you are, based on those verses i just showed you, EloyCrafy.

EloyCraft

Mar 17, 2022
Az
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is not the gospel..... "Christ saved me but now i have to do something to keep myself saved".
Jesus taught we must abide in Him.
What about those who had received the Holy Spirit but we're going back to the old covenant? They would need another savior right?

A wife has no obligations to her husband?

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
-
Heretics, wherever they are found... should be taken seriously as being deceived by the Devil.

Spotting them is very easy.
As.....Every Heretic will believe that they can lose their salvation, as that is THE deception that is found in them all.
Some have really crazy Theology, but, the one common denominator is that they do not believe that Jesus or God = keeps them saved.

So, reader, when you dont believe that Jesus keeps you saved, HIMSELF< or GOD, HIMSELF< then what is left for you to believe that gets you into heaven?
What is it?

THINK !!!!!

Its YOURSELF.....trying to do something.... And that can be..."im holding unto my faith".. or "im keeping commandments", or
"I joined the one true Church".... Or..."im enduring to the end". "My salvation is all about ME ME ME ME doing something, vs, only trusting in Christ to get me to heaven" = which is the REAL FAITH.

See all that? ??
That is YOU Trusting YOU....as you dont TRUST CHRIST or God To get you into heaven, if you are a heretic.
What does that literally mean?
It means your faith is wrong, or broken. And Paul says you are "fallen from GRACE"<... "bewitched"...and "In the Flesh".
It means that Jesus is off the Cross, and YOU are up there on it, as your FAITH.

So, what is the worst thing about heretics as found on a Forum?
Its the fact that they can ruin your faith for life, and most especially the faith of a New Christian.
"christian" forums are deadly regarding a New Believer's Faith.
And that, is the one thing that the Devil wants..
He wants a new Christian to be FAITH DESTROYED, and then their entire life is nothing but nothing for God.

See, if you have a head full of theology and can teach it, then that is actually harmful unless what you teach is based on your correct understanding of the Grace of God as the BLOOD ATONEMENT, that is the foundation of your FAITH.
And when you are trying to keep yourself SAVED, and trying not to go to hell, then that is THE proof that you have no real faith in Christ.
Its gone, or was never there to begin with.
It seems to me "heretic" most often is a word used to describe "people who disagree with me."

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Jesus taught we must abide in Him.
What about those who had received the Holy Spirit but we're going back to the old covenant? They would need another savior right?
A wife has no obligations to her husband?

You abide in Christ, by being born again.

The verse says. 'IN".......abide IN............and that means you have to be IN Christ.
The only way to do that is to be born again, as then you become "One with God" IN Christ".
So, Jesus is teaching that becoming one with Him, in spiritual union, is to abide.
He would never tell you that its by your self effort, that you abide, as that isn't possible.

And most believers do not find their way past some type of Legalism, or "self saving"......while they are already saved.
They have not understood that they are "In Christ"....... so, they try to understand it, as "here is what i try to do, to attain and maintain, their Salvation".
So, if these are truly born again, then they could not find or need another savior, as there is only One. John 14:6.
What they need is to be led back to the Light, and out of the deception that is their broken faith which has them trying to be saved or stay saved.

And both the husband and the wife are co-equal, regarding being "one flesh", so, marriage is a duel responsibility that comes with the VOW.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
It seems to me "heretic" most often is a word used to describe "people who disagree with me."

That not what Paul teaches, or what i teach.
But thank you for your opinion.

Heretics are all defined by their belief that salvation is their responsibility to earn, or to Keep., as they have no Faith in Christ as their Salvation.

= ZERO.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heretics are all defined by their belief that salvation is their responsibility to earn, or to Keep.,

Interesting because this is what the Bible teaches about heretics:

You shall know them by their fruits:

“Beware of false prophets… Ye shall know them by their fruits. ” (Matthew 7:15-16)

In Once Saved Always Saved you shall NOT know them by their fruits because OSAS’ers believe you will never stop sinning.

Second: Teaching contrary to Christ’s words is heretical:

“If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness; He is proud, knowing nothing” (1 Timothy 6:3-4)

OSAS’ers are proud and teach contrary to Christ’s teaching on enduring to the end to be saved Matthew 10:22

Thirdly: I have learned from the Bible that sinning willfully after receiving the knowledge of the truth will have dire consequences affecting one’s salvation:

“For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.” (Hebrews 10:26-27)

OSAS’ers cause division and offense regarding this scripture and thus they are to be avoided:

“Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them. For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.” (Romans 16:17-18)

Finally: the doctrine of Once Saved Always Saved turns Grace into a sin-pass:

“For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness” (Jude 1:4)

Now go find the real biblical heretics!

Not the ones you create in your mind.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

EloyCraft

Mar 17, 2022
Az
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now i have not studied your faith, as you have not actually offered your belief as a theology.
I thought you knew I'm Catholic. I'm a bible reading Catholic. I don't have a choice. The Church I saw in Scriptures is still in town. A light on a hill so to speak. I'm not sure I know what you mean offering a theology of my faith. I know my faith easily offends many of my separated brothers so I watch my language.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Interesting because this is what the Bible teaches about heretics:

You shall know them by their fruits:

“Beware of false prophets… Ye shall know them by their fruits. ” (Matthew 7:15-16)

You are obsessed with OSAS, because you do not trust in Christ to keep you saved.
So, there is your self revelation.

Reactions: mailmandan

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I thought you knew I'm Catholic. I'm a bible reading Catholic. I don't have a choice. The Church I saw in Scriptures is still in town. A light on a hill so to speak. I'm not sure I know what you mean offering a theology of my faith. I know my faith easily offends many of my separated brothers so I watch my language.

Im not offended .
thank you for sharing.

I can't talk to Marymog or Breadoflife as they dont talk, they only spit.

Im a evangelist that is a Pauline (teaching) Theologist, so, that ministry is not going to "jive"well with much Catholic Doctrine.

Many members on this forum, feel that i am harsh with them, but im only harsh with their broken faith that wants to try to (preach) and thereby theologically convert everyone else here, so that they end up as a Legalist also.
Broken faith is hard to repair as the person who has it, is deceived, and deception is truth to the deceived.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
@Behold
I posted a scripturally backed rebuttal.
You just post vain speeches.

"speeches" to some.
"revelation" to others.

Why is that ?
Any idea?

Also, I post a lot of verses, but to confuse the heretics i dont post the chapter or the book.
Confusing for you, isnt it, Michiah-Imla??
I can tell.

Also, im a teacher, so, i teach, vs, just posting random verses.
'People that post verses, can't teach, and that is why they post a slew of random verses and then say..>"see there, proved it".
But the reality is, you proved you have good cut and paste skills.
So, congrats on that ability.
As for me, i'll pass.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A heretic teaching how to spot a heretic.....now you know why you see a lot of LOL from me.
It's witchcraft.

Always turning of things upside down.

It was the real witches that instituted the witch trials accusing well-meaning Christians of witchcraft resulting in many innocents being put to death.

It's always the heretical witches that call God's True believers heretics.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That not what Paul teaches, or what i teach.
But thank you for your opinion.

Heretics are all defined by their belief that salvation is their responsibility to earn, or to Keep., as they have no Faith in Christ as their Salvation.

= ZERO.
A heretic would be someone who would tell people what they want to hear, rather than what they need to hear.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
A heretic would be someone who would tell people what they want to hear, rather than what they need to hear.
That is definitely one way to put it. The other aspect is heretics developing erroneous beliefs (by whatever means), broadcasting them, and then refusing to be corrected. When people double down on their errors, then they turn into heretics.