• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
It's witchcraft.

Always turning of things upside down.
It was the real witches that instituted the witch trials accusing well-meaning Christians of witchcraft resulting in many innocents being put to death.
It's always the heretical witches that call God's True believers heretics.

Yes.

And Paul says, that if you have lost your faith.........real faith in Christ to keep you saved......... In other words......you are not completely trusting any longer that Christ ALONE is your Salvation, and that not of yourself.....then Paul said you were led to this deception.
He teaches that if that is you, ...if you now believe you can "lose your salvation"< then your faith is subverted, and you are : "BEWITCHED".

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also, I post a lot of verses, but to confuse the heretics i dont post the chapter or the book.
Confusing for you, isnt it, Michiah-Imla??
I can tell.

I don’t need chapter and verse (scripture originally didn’t have them).

People that post verses, can't teach

What a dumb statement.

The scripture is filled with the Apostles quoting scripture snippets all over their teaching letters.

It’s time I leave you alone:

“Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.” (Matthew 15:14)

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I don’t need chapter and verse (scripture originally didn’t have them).

What a dumb statement.
The scripture is filled with the Apostles quoting scripture snippets all over their teaching letters.(Matthew 15:14)

Teachers teach the verses.
And the apostles, no so much Paul......did sometimes quote the Torah.
Jesus quoted it, but, that is not what we find usually happening on a Forum, regarding "quoting".
As on a forum, you find people who want to be perceived as being spiritual, so, they produce what they think will cause you to believe it.
This is usually a lot of verses, cut and pasted, over and over.
And all that proves is that they have mastered "cut and paste", regarding posting something from their commentary, or from some online site.

End result ? Nothing., same as usual, and more on the way.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes.

And Paul says, that if you have lost your faith.........real faith in Christ to keep you saved......... In other words......you are not completely trusting any longer that Christ ALONE is your Salvation, and that not of yourself.....then Paul said you were led to this deception.
He teaches that if that is you, ...if you now believe you can "lose your salvation"< then your faith is subverted, and you are : "BEWITCHED".
Yes, of course.

You are BEWITCHED if you believe in striving to obey God and to follow the Ways of Jesus Christ.

You must have a devil!

Who else was accused of that?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Yes, of course.

You are BEWITCHED if you believe in striving to obey God and to follow the Ways of Jesus Christ.

Paul told the born again in Galatians, who had lost faith, and were now under the law trying to be good and do good and keep commandments to be saved that "who has BEWITCHED you that you no longer obey the truth".

He's talking to you, gen2rev.
You're the one.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"who has BEWITCHED you that you no longer obey the truth". He's talking to you, gen2rev. You're the one.
HardTornIndochinesetiger-size_restricted.gif

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have no capacity, spiritually speaking, to humble anyone, little fella.
You have an issue with honestly, for one thing....
Let me explain.
You are a dishonest person, who in your 2nd post to me, in this Thread, pretended you are not a calvinist., when in fact, all your subsequent posts prove you are up to your neck in John Calvin's nutbar theology.
"Umm what is that, ummm, huh".
So, you're a liar, pretending to be able to humble.....
Who are you kidding but yourself , again., Apek.

Id say you just like to hear yourself talk, and you'll lie without any conscience issue at all., youve proven.
So, You are welcome to confess that sin later, if you think it will help.
And when you come and deny it, you can confess that one also.
Comprehendo ??

Now, you have my permission to go and edit your post, so that you can try to hide your dishonestly., as you certainly are the type.
Good luck with that...
Immaturity, ignorance, dishonesty, cowardice, arrogance and pride are the hallmarks of most of your writings I read. How do expect anyone to believe your words as truth?

“For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters. And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified” (Romans 8:29-30).

“In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will” (Ephesians 1:11).

Are you called and chosen to be glorified by God's will or your own mighty free-will? If you are sticking with your same story, as I will of stay with mine, and never succumb to a fool's temptation, you will choose the latter, your free-will will win every time.

You preach no works or self-effort for salvation and yet you want to earn your own way to attain and keep it in your words. Explain yourself and with scripture? You cannot have it both ways. You speak with a forked tongue.

These words sum my view of you and your empty words.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, you misrepresent the argument, even when you are corrected and it's restated to you over and over and over again. The argument is you must continue to believe and trust in the one who keeps you saved.

Even though, once again, the proper argument has been placed before you, you will continue to misrepresent it and say that people are saying you keep yourself saved.
Here you say "believe." Do you mean to say that one who is [actually] "saved", only still "believes", and does not rather "know" it?

This is the crux of this crazy ongoing debate!

For one who is actually saved and it is no longer they who live but Christ who lives in them--one who is embodied by Christ--actually "knows" it.

Thanks for presenting it in such a way!

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here you say "believe." Do you mean to say that one who is [actually] "saved", only still "believes", and does not rather "know" it?

This is the crux of this crazy ongoing debate!

For one who is actually saved and it is no longer they who live but Christ who lives in them--one who is embodied by Christ--actually "knows" it.

Thanks for presenting it in such a way!
I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. Are you making a distinction between 'believing' (faith) and actually 'knowing'? Biblically, to have faith is to know. Biblical faith is not blind. Faith is knowing something is true that you can't see, not hoping it's true, or just deciding it's true.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its YOURSELF.....trying to do something.... And that can be..."im holding unto my faith".. or "im keeping commandments", or
"I joined the one true Church".... Or..."im enduring to the end". "My salvation is all about ME ME ME ME doing something, vs, only trusting in Christ to get me to heaven" = which is the REAL FAITH.
Or .... "Have I not healed the sick, and preached, and done all these great works in Your name?" And Jesus will say, "Depart from me you who work iniquity for I never knew you."

This person trusts their works more than the finished work of Jesus Christ on the cross. Faith is in self rather in Christ.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
done all these great works in Your name?

This person trusts their works more than the finished work of Jesus Christ

Nope.

They were workers of iniquity:

“And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.” (Matthew 7:23)

Are you foolish?

You really think Christ will condemn a born again man for doing good works?!

Once Saved Always Saved followers are workers of iniquity because by their own admission they sin; some every day, some occasionally.

The flesh has such a bewitching effect on many people that they can’t see the glaring truth staring at them in the Bible!

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope.

They were workers of iniquity:

“And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.” (Matthew 7:23)

Are you foolish?

You really think Christ will condemn a born again man for doing good works?!

Once Saved Always Saved followers are workers of iniquity because by their own admission they sin; some every day, some occasionally.

The flesh has such a bewitching effect on many people that they can’t see the glaring truth staring at them in the Bible!
They were workers of iniquity who also did many works that they felt would merit them entrance into the kingdom of God. There is a great danger in trusting in one's own goodness and works.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Immaturity, ignorance, dishonesty, cowardice, arrogance and pride are the hallmarks of most of your writings I read. How do expect anyone to believe your words as truth?

Apak.

You're a proven liar.
Seem my previous posts for that update..
Also...
You say im a coward, as you sit behind a screen, hiding?
That's interesting.

I believe you're a deceived fool, Apek, pretending to be a christian, with Calvin's false doctrine as your savior.
And that deception, wont be letting go of you.
Its owns you.

Your issue here is..., my Thread rattled your cage from top to bottom, and you are still in personal attack mode, throwing tantrums.

Need to post another?

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. Are you making a distinction between 'believing' (faith) and actually 'knowing'? Biblically, to have faith is to know. Biblical faith is not blind. Faith is knowing something is true that you can't see, not hoping it's true, or just deciding it's true.
This is just one of many threads that has people dancing (debating) around the actual meaning of salvation, either as a process which must be maintained with sinless perfection to the end of their life--or as finished having passed from death to life. Your post described the problem of considering salvation an unfinished need to "believe" and restate it over and over. It was an excellent point of the problem which should be easily defined as the difference between "believing" and "knowing." Such is salvation. As those who only believe consider only those passages that say we must endure to the end, not realizing that Christ is that End; while those who know they have come to the end of themselves and have passed from death to life, and it is no longer they who live but Christ who lives in them, wherein sin is no more accounted to them but put upon Christ and paid in full.

That difference is the crux of the problem of not properly defining salvation.

Thanks again!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
they have come to the end of themselves and have passed from death to life, !

What you have described is becoming "One with God", as Born again.
You are describing this as finished, not in progression, and you are describing it as God's Gift of Salvation, which is not people trying to finish it for themselves.
(legalism).

So, the understanding of Philippians 1:6, is your post, and Ferris Bueller and others do not understand that Salvation is not of them to try to do or keep.
They can't SEE this.........as deception has engaged their self righteousness, and so, that is a very strong mental bondage.

Reactions: ScottA

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

“For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters. And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified” (Romans 8:29-30).

“In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will” (Ephesians 1:11).

Are you called and chosen to be glorified by God's will or your own mighty free-will? If you are sticking with your same story, as I will of stay with mine, and never succumb to a fool's temptation, you will choose the latter, your free-will will win every time.

You preach no works or self-effort for salvation and yet you want to earn your own way to attain and keep it in your words. Explain yourself and with scripture? You cannot have it both ways. You speak with a forked tongue.

These words sum my view of you and your empty words.
@Behold

Brothers,
These are not doctrinal issues but timing issues confused by language which need not be between you.

Yes, everyone chooses..which is freewill--but, just as Christ was slain before the foundation of the world and then manifest at the appointed time, so too is that decision for those who are in Christ.

And Yes, Paul says "predestined"...but in the context of the manifestation, referring also to the "foreknowledge" of God, which is that more appropriate context before the foundation of the world.

I would encourage you not to wait to be told you are both right and both wrong...that the full blessing might be yours now instead.

Last edited: