Survival

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
Here is the thread I should create if no one else would do it just in case. Even talked about it if you want.
smile.gif

shutin45

Feb 18, 2009
QUOTE (Jordan @ Mar 25 2009, 12:36 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=71265
Here is the thread I should create if no one else would do it just in case. Even talked about it if you want.
smile.gif

Thanks Jordan for making this topic and thanks Christina for helping me feel better about possibly crying wolf in concern about the dollar.People really can't go wrong if they stock up on items like:-Bread -Sandwich meatThose can be frozen and kept for months- Canned soup- Canned Baked beans (a nutritious food - don't buy them if you're gonna be in an enclosed shelter though
smile.gif
)- Instant mashed potatoes - High caloric value- " Rice - Not as good as potatoes, but will give variety - " Grits All those can be stored for months too.Christina wisely mentioned meds. Many that aren't addictive controlled substances can be ordered online even without a prescription.I'll add buying a Children's multivitamin/mineral that can be taken by kids or adults every few days to supplement the limited diets is good too. Mark the items being stockpiled with a magic marker as such so they don't get consumed until needed or the threat is past.IF THIS IS REAL - SOON MANY WILL BE BUYING OUT STOCKS IN STORES - CONSIDER BUYING SOON!!!Lastly, remember even if nothing bad happens, in a few months gas/oil WILL go up and food will cost more, sooooo ... you're ultimately saving money regardless.Bless y'all my Brothers and Sisters in Christ. Thanks for blessing me so richly with your Bible lessons and other edifying/exhorting words.JimAdded via edit: Milk can be frozen too. Remember how expensive milk got last year? Open gallons and pour some out before freezing. Also, after thawing it won't be homogenized anymore and will need to be shaken well routinely. The little flakes are okay. Just the results of dehomogenization.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Even if one believes the economy is not going down the drain We all have some king of natural disaster that occur where we live tornadoes,hurricanes, snow strorms,earthquakes what ever and its always good to be prepared for these things dont forget The Water Snacks Make your own trail mix and bag it. Get some dried fruit (raisins, peaches, plums, apricots whatever) some nuts (peanuts, walnuts, almonds, brazil nuts, filberts etc.)some dried coconut, pine nuts, sunflower. Dump it all together in a big bowl and mix it up. Grab a little bag and snack away. Throw in some Reeses Pieces, M&Ms, chocolate chips, whatever you like. P.S. I've heard three personal stories this week about Police and firemen being made to take course's on Civil unrest and Marshall Law what are they getting ready for ??

Lookin4wardtoHeaven

Jul 17, 2007
What toothpaste, toliet paper? What if someone needs certain meds around the clock..possibly several well packed medical care kits.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
DO NOT TAKE THIS AS MEDCAL ADVISE but if nothing else is available in a pinch it may be better than nothing while reading some reader input on survivial I saw one was concerned about her diabetes meds. No, I am not a 'doctor', but am into natural herbs. My mother (84yrs.young)started to develop type II diabetes...they started her on 2 syn meds to deal with it...neither worked and she was listed as uncontrolled. As her A1C headed over 7, a friend who advises on drug interaction told me to try cinnamon. Yeah, I know...that's what her doctor said...he said go ahead, it won't do any good, but won't hurt her either. She started taking the cinnamon and the next time we went to the vet,oops,doctor(2 days).....her level is dropping, which was a good thing as they next wanted to put her on Avandia. She now takes NOTHING as she is considered 'normal'. My mother-in-law(87yrs)tried it and went from 230 to 98 in three days....her doctor was shocked and would not believe the test results and had another blood test done....

shutin45

Feb 18, 2009
QUOTE (Christina @ Mar 30 2009, 02:22 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=71435
DO NOT TAKE THIS AS MEDCAL ADVISE but if nothing else is available in a pinch it may be better than nothing while reading some reader input on survivial I saw one was concerned about her diabetes meds. No, I am not a 'doctor', but am into natural herbs. My mother (84yrs.young)started to develop type II diabetes...they started her on 2 syn meds to deal with it...neither worked and she was listed as uncontrolled. As her A1C headed over 7, a friend who advises on drug interaction told me to try cinnamon. Yeah, I know...that's what her doctor said...he said go ahead, it won't do any good, but won't hurt her either. She started taking the cinnamon and the next time we went to the vet,oops,doctor(2 days).....her level is dropping, which was a good thing as they next wanted to put her on Avandia. She now takes NOTHING as she is considered 'normal'. My mother-in-law(87yrs)tried it and went from 230 to 98 in three days....her doctor was shocked and would not believe the test results and had another blood test done....
In addition to cinnamon, for those suffering from type 2 diabetes, turmeric has been found to lower/stabilize blood sugar too. Thanks Christina
smile.gif
.In Christ,Jim

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
You can usually get your medicine early each time the prescription is due. I get mine a week early and stash the week I saved away. About 6 months in I start using the meds I saved (they don't last forever) and replace them with a new batch. So now at any one time I have a 6 month supply of my needed medications. YMMV.

Reactions: Angelina