The Battle of Armageddon

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is a great explanation on this...
"..in Revelation 16:16. The Word says, "And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon." For a fact, there is no literal "place" anywhere on earth bearing this exact name. It's true, there is a valley north of Jerusalem which was called "Megiddo" (Judges 5:19) in Bible days. It was a place where the armies of Israel met foreign enemies in bloody battles. Because "Megiddo" sounds like "Armageddon," millions assume this same place will be the location of a final showdown against the Jews. But is this correct?

"Armageddon" represents the apex, the climax, the final battle in Revelation. Will it be a military battle in the Middle East?

Let's be consistent. Throughout Revelation, as shown above, we've seen Middle Eastern terms used in a Christ-centered, heavenly, spiritual sense. When it comes to "Armageddon," which is a term depicting the grand finale in the greatest apocalyptic book ever written, does it make sense for God's last book suddenly to shift gears away from its thematic focus by pinpointing a literal, local, high-tech, Middle East-based conflagration involving Russians, Chinese, Syrians, and literal Jews?

I have to point out your error about your temple idea. Rev.16:17 does not mean there won't be a new 3rd temple built in Jerusalem for the end. As a matter of fact, a standing JEWISH temple in Jerusalem is a requirement before the end of this world, because of the Book of Daniel prophecy of the "abomination of desolation" which Jesus warned us about for the very end.

But I do definitely agree the battle of Armageddon is about the literal ending of this present world system, what Apostle Paul and Peter showed with the "day of the Lord" events.

Ezekiel 38 and 39 does reveal a specific destruction upon the armies coming out of the northern quarters against Israel on that same day though. And Rev.19:17-19 gives a link to that destruction of Ezekiel 39:17-20. The Ezekiel 38:22 Scripture also references the great hailstorm of Rev.16:21.

Even Zechariah 14:16 references the nations that are left after the "day of the Lord" that came against Jerusalem.

In Summary:
There will be both a general destruction of this present world, but also a specific destruction too upon Satan's host of northern armies that come up against Israel on the last day of this world, the day when Jesus returns to fight with His army.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have to point out your error about your temple idea. Rev.16:17 does not mean there won't be a new 3rd temple built in Jerusalem for the end. As a matter of fact, a standing JEWISH temple in Jerusalem is a requirement before the end of this world, because of the Book of Daniel prophecy of the "abomination of desolation" which Jesus warned us about for the very end.

But I do definitely agree the battle of Armageddon is about the literal ending of this present world system, what Apostle Paul and Peter showed with the "day of the Lord" events.

Ezekiel 38 and 39 does reveal a specific destruction upon the armies coming out of the northern quarters against Israel on that same day though. And Rev.19:17-19 gives a link to that destruction of Ezekiel 39:17-20. The Ezekiel 38:22 Scripture also references the great hailstorm of Rev.16:21.

Even Zechariah 14:16 references the nations that are left after the "day of the Lord" that came against Jerusalem.

In Summary:
There will be both a general destruction of this present world, but also a specific destruction too upon Satan's host of northern armies that come up against Israel on the last day of this world, the day when Jesus returns to fight with His army.
They will never build a new third temple in Jerusalem, and it is no way a "requirement" that is not scriptural as God will create a new heaven and earth and bring in His own city, the New Jerusalem.

Isaiah 65:17
For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

Isaiah 66:22
For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the Lord, so shall your seed and your name remain.

2 Peter 3:13
Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Revelation 3:12
Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

Revelation 21:1
And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

Revelation 21:2
And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

Last edited:

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ built a new kind of “temple,” and He made it, not with stones, bricks and mortar, but with people, its a “living” temple. He promised to live in these people in the same way that His glory filled the temple in ancient times, we see it in Pauls writings..
Ephesians 2:22
19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;
21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:
22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

And we see it from Peter..
1 Peter 2:4-5
4 To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious,
5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

Christ has taken His temple to a whole new level. It’s no longer confined to one spot in the world. It’s now embodied in every living, breathing Christian, and He is the chief cornerstone. It was foretold..
Isaiah 28:16
Therefore thus saith the Lord God, Behold, I lay in Zion for a foundation a stone, a tried stone, a precious corner stone, a sure foundation: he that believeth shall not make haste.

Here is a good explanation.. Does the temple need to be rebuilt? | AF News | Amazing Facts

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They will never build a new third temple in Jerusalem, and it is no way a "requirement" that is not scriptural as God will create a new heaven and earth and bring in His own city, the New Jerusalem.
That above is nothing but wishful thinking, and not staying with God's Word as written.

The "abomination of desolation" event that Jesus quoted from Daniel 11 for the end of this world, is about the placing of an IDOL abomination inside the holy of holies in the temple in Jerusalem, and it means a JEWISH TEMPLE, not an Islamic temple. Antiochus IV in 165 B.C. was the blueprint pattern for the following event for the end of this world...

Matt 24:15-21
When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)
16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:
17 Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house:
18 Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes.
19 And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!
20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:
For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
KJV

Jesus was quoting the following event from the Book of Daniel...

Dan 11:31
31 And arms shall stand on his part, and they shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the daily sacrifice, and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate.
KJV

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That above is nothing but wishful thinking, and not staying with God's Word as written.

The "abomination of desolation" event that Jesus quoted from Daniel 11 for the end of this world, is about the placing of an IDOL abomination inside the holy of holies in the temple in Jerusalem, and it means a JEWISH TEMPLE, not an Islamic temple. Antiochus IV in 165 B.C. was the blueprint pattern for the following event for the end of this world...

Matt 24:15-21
When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)
16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:
17 Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house:
18 Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes.
19 And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!
20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:
For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
KJV

Jesus was quoting the following event from the Book of Daniel...

Dan 11:31
31 And arms shall stand on his part, and they shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the daily sacrifice, and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate.
KJV
Why would the object that pointed to the real thing be needed, Christ is who saves us not the temple. Christ is the ultimate sacrifice and our mediator, we dont need one made with human hands..

John 2:19-21
19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.
20 Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?
21 But he spake of the temple of his body.

Hebrews 9:11
But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building;

You can look even further... How Is the Tabernacle Fulfilled in Jesus?

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why would the object that pointed to the real thing be needed, Christ is who saves us not the temple. Christ is the ultimate sacrifice and our mediator, we dont need one made with human hands..

John 2:19-21
19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.
20 Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?
21 But he spake of the temple of his body.

Hebrews 9:11
But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building;

You can look even further... How Is the Tabernacle Fulfilled in Jesus?
You are confusing... Apostle Paul's 2 Thess.2:4 "temple of God" reference to a literal stone temple built by the Jews for the end that the coming false-Messiah is going to sit in and play God, with Christ's Church by The Spirit, the Spiritual Temple.

Why listen to that false doctrine by men when you 'know' in your heart as a Christian that the Spiritual Temple can NEVER be corrupted by any false man, not even by Satan?

Per Apostle Paul in Ephesians 2, what did Paul describe as the 'foundation' of Christ's Spiritual Temple? He said the foundation is made up of the Apostles and prophets, with Jesus Christ as its Cornerstone. And we are to believe that foundation can actually be corrupted?? God forbid! No way!

What happens if someone were to 'try' and corrupt Christ's Church of The Spirit? And that's what we are actually talking about with the idea of the Spiritual Temple in Christ. So what happens to one who creeps in and tries to corrupt it? They are simply "cut off" from it, their name removed from the Book of Life. And that's about one who starts out as a believer, but then falls away to the devil. For a follower of the devil, or the devil himself, it is impossible to corrupt Christ's Church of The SPIRIT period.

Thus it is grave error to think that any man can corrupt the Spiritual Temple of Christ, and that includes a pope, and even Satan.

So quit listening to the 'false Jews' and their stupid doctrines; they don't read The New Testament Scriptures, and have obviously missed what Paul showed in Ephesians 2 about the Spiritual Temple in Christ.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are confusing... Apostle Paul's 2 Thess.2:4 "temple of God" reference to a literal stone temple built by the Jews for the end that the coming false-Messiah is going to sit in and play God, with Christ's Church by The Spirit, the Spiritual Temple.

Why listen to that false doctrine by men when you 'know' in your heart as a Christian that the Spiritual Temple can NEVER be corrupted by any false man, not even by Satan?

Per Apostle Paul in Ephesians 2, what did Paul describe as the 'foundation' of Christ's Spiritual Temple? He said the foundation is made up of the Apostles and prophets, with Jesus Christ as its Cornerstone. And we are to believe that foundation can actually be corrupted?? God forbid! No way!

What happens if someone were to 'try' and corrupt Christ's Church of The Spirit? And that's what we are actually talking about with the idea of the Spiritual Temple in Christ. So what happens to one who creeps in and tries to corrupt it? They are simply "cut off" from it, their name removed from the Book of Life. And that's about one who starts out as a believer, but then falls away to the devil. For a follower of the devil, or the devil himself, it is impossible to corrupt Christ's Church of The SPIRIT period.

Thus it is grave error to think that any man can corrupt the Spiritual Temple of Christ, and that includes a pope, and even Satan.

So quit listening to the 'false Jews' and their stupid doctrines; they don't read The New Testament Scriptures, and have obviously missed what Paul showed in Ephesians 2 about the Spiritual Temple in Christ.
You dont understand the purpose of the temple was so God could be with His people, and it essentially pointed to Christ who came as what it pointed to, and thus we no longer need a temple.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But I think we can all agree what the Bible has on Armageddon, that this battle will begin with the gathering at the sixth plague where we see the “water” of the “great river Euphrates” will dry up in order to prepare the way for the “kings from the east.” Then we see coming out from the mouth of the dragon, the beast, and the false prophet “three unclean spirits” which make signs to seduce the “kings” of the “whole world” and to gather them together at the place given as “Armageddon” which will battle between heaven and earth, between Christ and Satan. A final effort by the part of the evil to incite the world to fight against God and wipe out and annihilate the people of God with what will end as a military attempt to face Jesus and the angels at the second coming. The sixth plague merely announces the preparation of the earthly powers or evil with the "spirits of devils" gathering the "kings of the earth", and the "whole world", for the actual battle of Armageddon.

Revelation 16:12-15
12 And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared.
13 And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.
14 For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.
15 Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.
16 And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.

Now begins the actual battle, as the battle itself “will take place during the seventh plague which clearly is the Second Coming opening with God declaring "It is done". So the sixth and the seventh plagues are the two consecutive
stages in which Armageddon event will begin and the take place with a great and mighty earthquake that will rend the earth and we see “noises and thunderings and lightning” as well as “great hail” and then we have subsequent fall of Babylon the great. The devil knows it foretells his soon coming end is approaching, so strives to wipe out the saints, but Christ comes to help his remnant and deliver them from the oppression against them here on earth by Babylon and the earthly powers supporting her.

Revelation 16:17-21
17 And the seventh angel poured out his vial into the air; and there came a great voice out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, It is done.
18 And there were voices, and thunders, and lightnings; and there was a great earthquake, such as was not since men were upon the earth, so mighty an earthquake, and so great.
19 And the great city was divided into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell: and great Babylon came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath.
20 And every island fled away, and the mountains were not found.
21 And there fell upon men a great hail out of heaven, every stone about the weight of a talent: and men blasphemed God because of the plague of the hail; for the plague thereof was exceeding great.

We then in the next chapter, see the earthly powers supporting Babylon laid out for one prophetic hour, but they see the truth of Babylon on turn on her.

Revelation 17:12-18
12 And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.
13 These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast.
14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.
15 And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.
16 And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the whore, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire.
17 For God hath put in their hearts to fulfil his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of God shall be fulfilled.
18 And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.

In Revelation 18 Babylon is described in greater detail and the call made to come out of her, and the warning given that "God hath remembered her iniquities."
Revelation 18:1-5
1 And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory.
2 And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.
3 For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.
4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.
5 For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.

Then in Revelation 19 we see Christ as He comes to earth to fight the kings of the earth and the wicked of the world, and describes what the end is for those who have the mark of the beast, and the "beast" and "false prophet".
Revelation 19:14-21
14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, King Of Kings, And Lord Of Lords.
17 And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;
18 That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great.
19 And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.
20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.
21 And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh.

Then in Revelation 20 we see the sequence of what happens at the Second Coming with the saints it the graves brought up at the first resurrection and taken to heaven to be with Christ in His kingdom and "reign with him a thousand years."
Revelation 20:1-6
1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

And then we see the "dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished" come out in the resurrection of damnation and they continue the attack as Satan deceives and they meet their end against the city of God, the New Jerusalem, in the lake of fire.
Revelation 20:7-10
7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.
10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
But I think we can all agree what the Bible has on Armageddon, that this battle will begin with the gathering at the sixth plague where we see the “water” of the “great river Euphrates” will dry up in order to prepare the way for the “kings from the east.” Then we see coming out from the mouth of the dragon, the beast, and the false prophet “three unclean spirits” which make signs to seduce the “kings” of the “whole world” and to gather them together at the place given as “Armageddon” which will battle between heaven and earth, between Christ and Satan. A final effort by the part of the evil to incite the world to fight against God and wipe out and annihilate the people of God with what will end as a military attempt to face Jesus and the angels at the second coming. The sixth plague merely announces the preparation of the earthly powers or evil with the "spirits of devils" gathering the "kings of the earth", and the "whole world", for the actual battle of Armageddon.

It seems Hobie that you too do not understand when the Sixth Bowl Judgement will take place.

During my lifetime I have observed that the River Euphrates has dried up in that Baal worship has disappeared to be replaced by another idolatrous worship of the New Moon. I watched the TV of the 9/11 events, seen around the whole earth of the signs and wonders performed by the three frog like spirits that came out of the mouths Satan, the beast and the False Prophet to begin the drawing of the kings of the earth to assemble at Armageddon to be judged for their participation under the influence of the Little Horn/False Prophet to trample God's Sanctuary and his earthly hosts over a period of 2,3000 years, which from my reading of the scriptures, will come to its completion in the next 20-25 years' time Isaiah 24:21-22 describes what will occur when the kings of the earth assemble at Armageddon and that at the same time that the kings of the earth are judged on the earth that the heavenly hosts will also be judged in heaven and together they will be gathered together and imprisoned in a pit for a period of 1,000 years when the prison will be unlocked for the Little While Period when these judged entities will make a last ditched effort to upsurge God and His Everlasting Kingdom.

But those evets that will occur after the Bottomless pit is unlocked will not occur until the 1,000 years of imprisonment has been fulfilled.

As a side comment, the Seventh Bowl judgement has run its course already and is drawing rapidly to its conclusion.

Shalom

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then in Revelation 20 we see the sequence of what happens at the Second Coming with the saints it the graves brought up at the first resurrection and taken to heaven to be with Christ in His kingdom and "reign with him a thousand years."

Not taken to heaven but taken FROM heaven to the Earth to be with Christ in His kingdom and "reign with him a thousand years.". Teh reign is over the nations of the Earth.

Rev 5:9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;
Rev 5:10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

Rev 20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You dont understand the purpose of the temple was so God could be with His people, and it essentially pointed to Christ who came as what it pointed to, and thus we no longer need a temple.
You are FUNNY!

Your trying to change the subject so you can keep denying what Apostle Paul was teaching there in 2 Thess.2:4 about that "man of sin" coming to sit in the "temple of God", which means a STONE TEMPLE IN JERUSALEM.

Jesus showed that too when He warned of the SIGN of the "abomination of desolation" standing in the temple where it ought not.

Matt 24:15
15 When ye therefore shall see
the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)
KJV

The prophetic blueprint of history for that was what the "vile person" of Daniel 11 did, which pointed to Antiochus Epiphanes in 165 B.C. that took Jerusalem, went inside the holy of holies in the 2nd temple, and sacrificed swine upon the Altar and then spread its broth around inside the temple spiritually desolating it. Then he setup an IDOL abomination to Zeus on an altar inside that temple, and demanded that all bow to it or be killed. He did not fulfill ALL... the prophecy though, which means the prophecy is to be completed at the very end of this world, by the final Antichrist. And it means inside ANOTHER, 3RD JEWISH TEMPLE, IN TODAY'S JERUSALEM.

The unbelieving Jews in today's Jerusalem are going to bow to the coming false-Messiah, thinking he will be the Messiah of Bible Scripture. He will manage the building of their 3rd temple in Jerusalem to fulfill the Daniel 11 prophecy.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems Hobie that you too do not understand when the Sixth Bowl Judgement will take place.

During my lifetime I have observed that the River Euphrates has dried up in that Baal worship has disappeared to be replaced by another idolatrous worship of the New Moon. I watched the TV of the 9/11 events, seen around the whole earth of the signs and wonders performed by the three frog like spirits that came out of the mouths Satan, the beast and the False Prophet to begin the drawing of the kings of the earth to assemble at Armageddon to be judged for their participation under the influence of the Little Horn/False Prophet to trample God's Sanctuary and his earthly hosts over a period of 2,3000 years, which from my reading of the scriptures, will come to its completion in the next 20-25 years' time Isaiah 24:21-22 describes what will occur when the kings of the earth assemble at Armageddon and that at the same time that the kings of the earth are judged on the earth that the heavenly hosts will also be judged in heaven and together they will be gathered together and imprisoned in a pit for a period of 1,000 years when the prison will be unlocked for the Little While Period when these judged entities will make a last ditched effort to upsurge God and His Everlasting Kingdom.

But those evets that will occur after the Bottomless pit is unlocked will not occur until the 1,000 years of imprisonment has been fulfilled.

As a side comment, the Seventh Bowl judgement has run its course already and is drawing rapidly to its conclusion.

Shalom
The drying up of the river Euphrates by the Medes-Persians allowed Babylon to fall, and this is the meaning here, except in this case it is the antichrist entity that will fall and be destroyed.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not taken to heaven but taken FROM heaven to the Earth to be with Christ in His kingdom and "reign with him a thousand years.". Teh reign is over the nations of the Earth.

Rev 5:9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;
Rev 5:10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

Rev 20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
The hope of Christians since Christ was taken up in a cloud has been to be raised up alive or resurrected and taken up to be with Him in heaven, in the mansions He has prepared for us in the heavenly kingdom, and that has not change except for a few misguided who wait for the false messiah to wander around on earth and say he is God, and deceive them.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are FUNNY!

Your trying to change the subject so you can keep denying what Apostle Paul was teaching there in 2 Thess.2:4 about that "man of sin" coming to sit in the "temple of God", which means a STONE TEMPLE IN JERUSALEM.

Jesus showed that too when He warned of the SIGN of the "abomination of desolation" standing in the temple where it ought not.

Matt 24:15
15 When ye therefore shall see
the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)
KJV

The prophetic blueprint of history for that was what the "vile person" of Daniel 11 did, which pointed to Antiochus Epiphanes in 165 B.C. that took Jerusalem, went inside the holy of holies in the 2nd temple, and sacrificed swine upon the Altar and then spread its broth around inside the temple spiritually desolating it. Then he setup an IDOL abomination to Zeus on an altar inside that temple, and demanded that all bow to it or be killed. He did not fulfill ALL... the prophecy though, which means the prophecy is to be completed at the very end of this world, by the final Antichrist. And it means inside ANOTHER, 3RD JEWISH TEMPLE, IN TODAY'S JERUSALEM.

The unbelieving Jews in today's Jerusalem are going to bow to the coming false-Messiah, thinking he will be the Messiah of Bible Scripture. He will manage the building of their 3rd temple in Jerusalem to fulfill the Daniel 11 prophecy.
The 'man of sin' is here, this antichrist entity has persecuted the true believers, burned them at the stake, tried to eradicate them in the mountains, and taken their Bibles or banned them from having them, and all the while claiming he is the 'vicar of christ' and takes the place of God here, in what is 'the church' or temple of God. I think you can put that together and figure out whom this is....

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think, much like the current Israel-Hamas war, the whole world will be aroused by these spirits against the remnant saints, (in my thinking accused as causing some great harm for the world, ie. trouble such as never was) and come to destroy them. The saints hear God say "It is done", so they know Christ is coming, but the devil also sees what is going to happen and the battle of Christ and His angels against the armies of men with Satan and his demons begins, something akin to 2 Kings 6:17 when Elisha prayed, and the Lord opened the eyes of his servant and he saw the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire (angels) round about Elisha. And then, yes, we see the destruction of the army of men in Revelation 19, but now we have these wicked brought back up after the 1000 years in the resurrection of damnation, and Satan again deceives them to now attack the city of God, the New Jerusalem which has come down with the saints. Here now the devil will perish along with his demons and the wicked as he and the evil spirits will be consumed along with the unrepented sinners in ultimate end for them all in the lake of fire..

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The drying up of the river Euphrates by the Medes-Persians allowed Babylon to fall, and this is the meaning here, except in this case it is the antichrist entity that will fall and be destroyed.

Oh Hobie, perhaps you are right in your own mind, but the truth of the matter is that the Armageddon judgement of the kings of the earth on the earth and the judgement of the heavenly hosts in heaven will occur within the next 25 or so years. Now the Antichrist will not appear until the Bottomless pit is unlocked around 1,025 years from now, 1,000 years after the Armageddon judgement.

Now, from my understanding from reading of Luke 14, it seems that Christ will be seen at Armageddon judging the kings of the earth, and it is at this time that the Israelites will seek out Christ's terms of peace for them. One of the promises that God prophetically makes to Israel is that He will remove the beasts of the field when they once more turn to worship Him alone.

It is my view that the Antichrist is one of the rebelling wicked fallen heavenly hosts and God's promise to Israel is that they will be imprisoned for many days awaiting the time of their punishment.

It seems to me that your understanding of God's timeline for the unfolding End times Prophecies is out of kilter with God's.

Shalom

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh Hobie, perhaps you are right in your own mind, but the truth of the matter is that the Armageddon judgement of the kings of the earth on the earth and the judgement of the heavenly hosts in heaven will occur within the next 25 or so years. Now the Antichrist will not appear until the Bottomless pit is unlocked around 1,025 years from now, 1,000 years after the Armageddon judgement.

Now, from my understanding from reading of Luke 14, it seems that Christ will be seen at Armageddon judging the kings of the earth, and it is at this time that the Israelites will seek out Christ's terms of peace for them. One of the promises that God prophetically makes to Israel is that He will remove the beasts of the field when they once more turn to worship Him alone.

It is my view that the Antichrist is one of the rebelling wicked fallen heavenly hosts and God's promise to Israel is that they will be imprisoned for many days awaiting the time of their punishment.

It seems to me that your understanding of God's timeline for the unfolding End times Prophecies is out of kilter with God's.

Shalom
The deceiver has placed this idea to turn aside what the Reformers knew, and the early church saw coming, and what is already here. Havent you heard of the Inquisition, the burning at the stake, the destruction of those who saw what the Bible foretold as the evil in the church itself saying it was God. History shows us.. Who Is the Antichrist Described in the Bible? | Adventist World Radio

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The 'man of sin' is here, ....
No... the "man of sin" is NOT... here on earth yet. Nor is he some flesh-born man either.

Rev 12:7-11
7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

8 And prevailed not;
neither was their place found any more in heaven.

And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, "Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of His Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.
KJV

Verse 11 is about the saints beheaded on the 5th Seal of Revelation 6. That is about the future "great tribulation" time, which is WHEN that "man of sin" (Satan) will arrive on earth, in JERUSALEM, and be setup as "king of the world", working great signs, wonders, and miracles, raining fire down from heaven to the earth in the sight of men (Rev.13).

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now the Antichrist will not appear until the Bottomless pit is unlocked around 1,025 years from now, 1,000 years after the Armageddon judgement.

but now we have these wicked brought back up after the 1000 years in the resurrection of damnation, and Satan again deceives them to now attack the city of God, the New Jerusalem which has come down with the saints.

You both are wrong about this future resurrection or release from the pit.

The appearing of the dead before the GWT is after current creation. They don't come back to this earth nor the future new earth. They certainly don't attack anything. They are either cast into the LOF or given eternal life. Eternal life is the only resurrection available. Not a resurrection to attack things. A resurrection to damnation is mentioned by Daniel but that is not the first resurrection, which is physical. And damnation is certainly not eternal life. They are raised out of death, sheol, and the sea to be cast into the LOF only.

The pit is opened twice. Once at the 5th Trumpet. It is then sealed when Satan is placed in the pit. Only Satan is loosed, no one else. Satan decieves humans alive on earth at that time. Humans just born in the last hundred years or so of that 1,000 year reign. No one is released from sheol to have an opportunity to live out a life on earth again, a "second chance". Only those alive at the time, not physically dead can be deceived. And those decieved are consumed by fire before they can act out or harm any one. Then Satan is cast into the LOF. Then current creation is handed back to God, and no longer exist as it did not exist seconds before current creation existed in Genesis 1:1. John claims they were found no more, anywhere. Paul said

"And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all."

Only God is left. Then God creates a NHNE that contains all of the former living humans and Jesus. Jesus and God now dwelling in the New Jerusalem when it comes to earth.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The deceiver has placed this idea to turn aside what the Reformers knew, and the early church saw coming, and what is already here. Havent you heard of the Inquisition, the burning at the stake, the destruction of those who saw what the Bible foretold as the evil in the church itself saying it was God. History shows us.. Who Is the Antichrist Described in the Bible? | Adventist World Radio

Your rebuttal presents a false argument on the grounds that you have attacked the person rather than the content of what I have presented. As such you have given me a compliment by doing so.

Good Day sir.