The beast and the false prophet

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

John Stefan

Mar 23, 2022
Peterborough
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Who is the Beast and his false Prophet? Are the Beast and the false Prophet and Satan the same person or being? Or are they different people? Can someone please explain this? I await some replies.

kind regards John Stefan

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Who is the Beast and his false Prophet? Are the Beast and the false Prophet and Satan the same person or being? Or are they different people? Can someone please explain this? I await some replies.

kind regards John Stefan

The question needs to be rephrased. Who or what are the entities that are the beasts and the false prophet/Little Horn, i.e. the four beasts of Daniel 7:1-12, 7:19-26, 8, Rev. 9, 11, 12, 13, 17 and 19.

My understanding is that the beasts and Little Horn of Daniel 7, as wicked fallen Heavenly hosts, i.e. angels, just like Satan who can exercise influence over the peoples of the earth, i.e. the sea, to cause them to manifest their respective dominate characteristic which defines them.

Paul wrote: -

Ephesians 6:12: - 12 For we do not {exist to} wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.​
NKJV

What we can observe are the various manifestations of the beasts that rise up out of the sea of humanity, as the manifestations ebb and flow in and out of the influence of the beasts and the little horn/false prophet over time and through the history of mankind.

Shalom

Last edited:
Reactions: John Stefan

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

kind regards John Stefan

When are those born in the flesh judged to perish in the future "lake of fire" at the end of the "thousand years" by Christ and His elect? (per Revelation 20) No flesh born man goes into the "lake of fire" until after... Christ's future "thousand years" reign, which is when the Great White Throne Judgment happens.

Think about it. If no flesh born man is judged and sentenced to the "lake of fire", then the 'beast' and 'false prophet' that do... go into the "lake of fire" when Jesus comes PRIOR to the "thousand years", then who does that mean the 'beast' and 'false prophet' really are?

The 'beast' and 'false prophet' of Revelation 19:20 are ROLES that the "another beast" will play during the great tribulation. We know they cannot be flesh born men, because no one born in the flesh is judged to perish yet on the day of Christ's return.

As of today, ONLY the devil and his angels are already judged and sentenced to perdition in the future "lake of fire". The devil does not go into that lake of fire when Jesus returns because he is to be locked in his pit prison for the "thousand years", and loosed one final time at the end of it to go tempt the nations who will have heard The Gospel during that "thousand years".

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello John,

I do not know what to say about the false prophet, though I do remember Jesus saying that there will be many people who claim to be Christ, and lead people away from the living God. Though then again it is singular False Prophet. I need to study.

The dating of the Letter of Revelation is debatable: and I believe it was written before the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 Ad.

With that being said: from scripture to the subject of “Beast”, I will share this with you.

Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is six hundred and sixty-six." Revelation 13:18

As you can see from Johns letter in writing the revelation of Christ: to the 7 churches they are being warned of a man known as the beast. Considering the time period, I believe that the one know as the beast, is Nero, an Roman emperor who had many Christians slain.

Those who believe it was written way later say the emperor was known as Domitian and the future events have not happened yet.

Thank you for your question,
In Christ,
Matthew Gallagher