The Bodily Resurrection & Return Of Jesus, And Who Jesus Is In Islamic Eschatology

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
The main issue is the exact opposite -- how can God become Man and continue to remain as God (Q) This is what really baffles you. Until you understand that with God ALL THINGS are possible.

Jesus did not give up his humanity.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The main issue is the exact opposite -- how can God become Man and continue to remain as God (Q) This is what really baffles you. Until you understand that with God ALL THINGS are possible.
It doesn't baffle me. I never said it did.

But it did seem like you were suggesting (if not claiming) that it was not even possible at all. Perhaps you could make yourself clear.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have a question....will Jesus bear the marks of His crucifixion forever and ever or will He get a glorified body after Satan is defeated once and for all?

What I see in the scriptures is Jesus coming to his Apostles and disciples in many different bodies. I mean, don't you think if Jesus appeared in the same body which he died, the Apostles and disciples would have recognized him. Sure Jesus appeared to Thomas with a body that had the marks in his hands and feet and a mark where he was speared but wasn't that because Thomas said that was the only way he would believe that Jesus had truly been resurrected, so yes Jesus appeared with that kind of body then reproached him for his lack of faith. Jesus shouldn't had to appear to Thomas in that way to for him to believe. Those who have faith without seeing him isn't that a much stronger faith?

Last edited:

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I see in the scriptures is Jesus coming to his Apostles and disciples in many different bodies. I mean, don't you think if Jesus appeared in the same body which he died, the Apostles and disciples would have recognized him. Sure Jesus appeared to Thomas with a body that had the marks in his hands and feet and a mark where he was speared but wasn't that because Thomas said that was the only way he would believe that Jesus had truly been resurrected, so yes Jesus appeared with that kind of body then reproached him for his lack of faith. Jesus shouldn't had to appear to Thomas in that way to for him to believe. Those who have faith without seeing him isn't that a much stronger faith?
Yes but another scripture says they didn't recognize Him at first...so maybe He had to open their eyes to see.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus did not give up his humanity.

Then as I reason from the scriptures it seems you're saying you don't believe Jesus willingly sacrificed his humanity for humanity. To me it seems You believe that Jesus sacrificed his humanity then took it back. I mean what you believe seems to me that you believe that Jesus sacrificed his humanity then said I change my mind and took it back. If that's true I disagree. Here is what I believe:

I believe Jesus Christ was a spiritual being in heaven with his God and Father before he became human. Then his God and Father at the appropriate time sent him to humanity to save humanity because by sacrificing his humanity Jesus saved humanity. This sacrifice is called the ransom sacrifice. Jesus was willing to pay that ransom sacrifice. I don't believe Jesus took that ransom back since he willingly came to sacrifice it for humanity to save humanity. God was willing to send his son to humanity to save humanity even though he loved his only begotten Son much more than anyone because of his Sons consistent faithfulness. The Only Begotten Son loved his God and Father more than anyone which he proved by experiencing death, but not just for his God and Father but also for humanity because just as his God and Father loved all his creation including the physical creation(universe) which especially included humanity so did Gods Only Begotten Son love all creation including the physical creation(universe) which as I said includes humanity so he was willing to go to humanity as a human to save humanity. I believe Jesus was resurrected not as a human but as a powerful spiritual being rewarded with immortality and inheriting incorruption. No human is immortal or incorruptible. Yes there are humans being chosen by the God and Father of Jesus who will get a resurrection like Jesus and be rewarded with immortality and inherit incorruption but just as Jesus willingly sacrificed his humanity they willingly sacrifice theirs as Jesus did. As I said Jesus sacrifice was a ransom sacrifice. He was willing to make that sacrifice so I don't believe he took it back.

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I have a question....will Jesus bear the marks of His crucifixion forever and ever or will He get a glorified body after Satan is defeated once and for all?
I think we must say that Christ already has his glorified body. 1 Cor 15:20 tells us that Christ is the 'firstfuits' of that which we hope for, and then goes on to explain what that is; our resurrection bodies. If Christ is the firstfruits, and we see this idea elsewhere, that Christ has been resurrected and he is the firstfruits, then we must say he has been glorified. Just because he retains the marks of the crucifixion does not necessarily mean he has not been glorified. It could be for purposes of his glory that he keeps them, so that we praise him whenever we see them. It could by divine appointment that he keeps them, such was the weight of payment he took apron himself. Or, he may be entirely rid of them when we see him again, having shed them now, and only kept them during his 40 days on earth so that those who witnesses him could verify his identity. We must remember that while there will be similarities between his glorified bodies and ours, he is God, who is infinite. I honestly don't know, but look forward to finding out!

Reactions: Heart2Soul