The Church Is The Israel Of God, Children Of The Promised Seed

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Moriah's Song

Sep 6, 2021
Murphy
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 20 starts out with a resurrection. Why would your Millennium start out with a resurrection, when you claim it only ends with one?
Matthew 27:52-53 has to be a resurrection of OT saints which would most likely from Adam and Eve to the thief on the cross or the martyrs of the OT. They ascended to heaven along with the risen Christ. It is a genuine resurrection (raised is the same as resurrected). They live with Christ for a "symbolic" thousand years. Obviously it has to be "symbolic" because it has been almost 2,000 years already. When Christ returns to separate the unbelievers and the believers (both the living and the dead) will be "raptured" on Judgment Day - the Last Day. That is what scripture teaches.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Matthew 27:52-53 has to be a resurrection of OT saints which would most likely from Adam and Eve to the thief on the cross or the martyrs of the OT. They ascended to heaven along with the risen Christ. It is a genuine resurrection (raised is the same as resurrected). They live with Christ for a "symbolic" thousand years. Obviously it has to be "symbolic" because it has been almost 2,000 years already. When Christ returns to separate the unbelievers and the believers (both the living and the dead) will be "raptured" on Judgment Day - the Last Day. That is what scripture teaches.
1000 years is not 'symbolic' of nearly 2000 years.
Revelation specifically states a thousand years: six times. Also the Millennium reign of Jesus as King of the world is prophesied elsewhere and is proved by the exact 1000 year periods of time between pivotal points of history, until now.

The whole AMill theory is false and obviously wrong. Why not believe the truth and look forward to the amazing time when Jesus will really reign over a world in peace and prosperity.

Moriah's Song

Sep 6, 2021
Murphy
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just an example, or the literal thing?
"Spiritual examples" in the book of Revelation are the best, and only, verses that show that the Greek word for "temple" is "naos = spiritual." The Greek word for a brick-and-mortar building is "hieron." There are 17 usages of the word "temple" in Revelation and ALL of them are spiritual terms; not one reference to "hieron" (a building) is used in the entire book of Revelation.

Rev 3:12...He who conquers, I will make him a pillar in the temple of my God; never shall he go out of it, and I will write on him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem which comes down from my God out of heaven, and my own new name.​

Rev 7:15...Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night within his temple (naos); and he who sits upon the throne will shelter them with his presence.

Rev 11:1...Then I was given a measuring rod like a staff, and I was told: "Rise and measure the temple of God and the altar and those who worship there,

Rev 11:2...but do not measure the court outside the temple; leave that out, for it is given over to the nations, and they will trample over the holy city for forty-two months.

Rev 11:19...Then God's temple in heaven was opened, and the ark of his covenant was seen within his temple; and there were flashes of lightning, voices, peals of thunder, an earthquake, and heavy hail.

Rev 14:15...And another angel came out of the temple, calling with a loud voice to him who sat upon the cloud, "Put in your sickle, and reap, for the hour to reap has come, for the harvest of the earth is fully ripe."

Rev 14:17...And another angel came out of the temple in heaven, and he too had a sharp sickle.

Rev 15:5...After this I looked, and the temple of the tent of witness in heaven was opened,

Rev 15:6..and out of the temple came the seven angels with the seven plagues, robed in pure bright linen, and their breasts girded with golden girdles.

Rev 15:8...and the temple was filled with smoke from the glory of God and from his power, and no one could enter the temple until the seven plagues of the seven angels were ended.

Rev 16:1...Then I heard a loud voice from the temple telling the seven angels, "Go and pour out on the earth the seven bowls of the wrath of God."

Rev 16:17...The seventh angel poured his bowl into the air, and a loud voice came out of the temple, from the throne, saying, "It is done!"

Rev 21:22...And I saw no temple in the city, for its temple is the Lord God the Almighty and the Lamb.​

Grab your lexicon and check it out Tim!

Last edited:

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 27:52-53 has to be a resurrection of OT saints which would most likely from Adam and Eve to the thief on the cross or the martyrs of the OT. They ascended to heaven along with the risen Christ. It is a genuine resurrection (raised is the same as resurrected). They live with Christ for a "symbolic" thousand years. Obviously it has to be "symbolic" because it has been almost 2,000 years already.

Which proves Amillennialism wrong because the thousand years is a thousand years. It hasn't started yet. That's obvious looking at the Statement of Purpose of the world now and for the last 2000 years.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the Greek word for "temple" is "naos = spiritual."

lol, no, you made that up out of thin air.

Mar_15:38 And the veil of the temple (NAOS) was rent in twain from the top to the bottom.

That was a literal temple building. YOU need more time learning from a lexicon.

G3485
ναός
naos
nah-os'
From a primary word ναίω naiō (to dwell); a fane, shrine, temple: - shrine, temple. Compare G2411.
Total KJV occurrences: 46

Moriah's Song

Sep 6, 2021
Murphy
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YOU need more time learning from a lexicon.

Outline of Biblical Usage
  1. used of the temple at Jerusalem, but only of the sacred edifice (or sanctuary) itself, consisting of the Holy place and the Holy of Holies (in classical Greek it is used of the sanctuary or cell of the temple, where the image of the god was placed which is distinguished from the whole enclosure)
  2. any heathen temple or shrine
  3. metaph. the spiritual temple consisting of the saints of all ages joined together by and in Christ

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You finally got it right. Your earlier claim that NAOS was only a spiritual temple was wrong.

Outline of Biblical Usage
  1. used of the temple at Jerusalem, but only of the sacred edifice (or sanctuary) itself, consisting of the Holy place and the Holy of Holies (in classical Greek it is used of the sanctuary or cell of the temple, where the image of the god was placed which is distinguished from the whole enclosure)
  2. any heathen temple or shrine
  3. metaph. the spiritual temple consisting of the saints of all ages joined together by and in Christ

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you accept 2 different resurrections. Why is there a problem then?

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Spiritual examples" in the book of Revelation are the best, and only, verses that show that the Greek word for "temple" is "naos = spiritual." The Greek word for a brick-and-mortar building is "hieron." There are 17 usages of the word "temple" in Revelation and ALL of them are spiritual terms; not one reference to "hieron" (a building) is used in the entire book of Revelation.

Rev 3:12...He who conquers, I will make him a pillar in the temple of my God; never shall he go out of it, and I will write on him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem which comes down from my God out of heaven, and my own new name.​

Rev 7:15...Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night within his temple; and he who sits upon the throne will shelter them with his presence.

Rev 11:1...Then I was given a measuring rod like a staff, and I was told: "Rise and measure the temple of God and the altar and those who worship there,

Rev 11:2...but do not measure the court outside the temple; leave that out, for it is given over to the nations, and they will trample over the holy city for forty-two months.

Rev 11:19...Then God's temple in heaven was opened, and the ark of his covenant was seen within his temple; and there were flashes of lightning, voices, peals of thunder, an earthquake, and heavy hail.

Rev 14:15...And another angel came out of the temple, calling with a loud voice to him who sat upon the cloud, "Put in your sickle, and reap, for the hour to reap has come, for the harvest of the earth is fully ripe."

Rev 14:17...And another angel came out of the temple in heaven, and he too had a sharp sickle.

Rev 15:5...After this I looked, and the temple of the tent of witness in heaven was opened,

Rev 15:6..and out of the temple came the seven angels with the seven plagues, robed in pure bright linen, and their breasts girded with golden girdles.

Rev 15:8...and the temple was filled with smoke from the glory of God and from his power, and no one could enter the temple until the seven plagues of the seven angels were ended.

Rev 16:1...Then I heard a loud voice from the temple telling the seven angels, "Go and pour out on the earth the seven bowls of the wrath of God."

Rev 16:17...The seventh angel poured his bowl into the air, and a loud voice came out of the temple, from the throne, saying, "It is done!"

Rev 21:22...And I saw no temple in the city, for its temple is the Lord God the Almighty and the Lamb.​

Grab your lexicon and check it out Tim!
This post has exactly what, with the point you were looking for? A temple is not a resurrection.

Moriah's Song

Sep 6, 2021
Murphy
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your earlier claim that NAOS was only a spiritual temple was wrong.
You twist scripture in the same manner in which you just twisted my statement in regards to the book of Revelation....

What I ACTUALLY said:
"Spiritual examples" in the book of Revelation are the best, and only, verses that show that the Greek word for "temple" is "naos = spiritual."

The book of Revelation is a major topic for dispensationalists, pre-mils and post-mils in regards to the word "temple" and because they do not use lexicons to reveal what the Greeks in Greece know from their Bibles but what our English language fails to reveal and that is what the true differences between a "literal building" and God's spiritual "building" is.

Example: the dispensationalist and other non-amils, like to use this verse in Revelation to justify a new temple in Jerusalem with sacrifices being re-instated and a glorified Christ to return for a thousand years again on earth. The Greek word "naos" destroys that misunderstanding of the English word for those who do not wish to accept the original manuscripts of the Koine Greek because this is what Revelation really says in these 3 verses...

Rev 7:15...Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night within his temple (naos = spiritual not literal); and he who sits upon the throne will shelter them with his presence.

Rev 11:1-2...Then I was given a measuring rod like a staff, and I was told: "Rise and measure the temple of God and the altar and those who worship there, but do not measure the court outside the temple; leave that out, for it is given over to the nations, and they will trample over the holy city for forty-two months.

Last edited:

Moriah's Song

Sep 6, 2021
Murphy
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 different resurrections. Why is there a problem then?
Why is there a problem with two different resurrections you ask?

The difference is what you and I disagree on as to what happens between those two resurrections that (for now) it has been a much longer period of time between those two resurrections for starters.

Then there is the false theory that a "new temple" has to be built for a "glorified Christ" that has adamantly proclaimed that He "fulfilled" all that the Father gave him to fulfill.

In addition, Christ will condemn re-instated sacrifices as an "abomination" because Jesus has already been crucified and therefore no more sacrifices are necessary since they were "shadows." When Christ died on the cross "at 12:00 noon" there was no more shadow. If you stand under the sun at exactly 12:00 noon, you will not see your own shadow. That was the exact time that OT shadows ceased....even if the Jews continued them for a period of time...until 70 A.D. I think.

Last edited:

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If there was a time that I was in Jerusalem and the temple had been rebuilt, I'd love to go see it.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You twist scripture in the same manner in which you just twisted my statement in regards to the book of Revelation....

What I ACTUALLY said:
"Spiritual examples" in the book of Revelation are the best, and only, verses that show that the Greek word for "temple" is "naos = spiritual."

Saying "naos = spiritual." is false. It is also false to claim every temple mentioned in Revelation is a spiritual temple.

Rev_11:19 And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail.
Rev_14:15 And another angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice to him that sat on the cloud, Thrust in thy sickle, and reap: for the time is come for thee to reap; for the harvest of the earth is ripe.
Rev_14:17 And another angel came out of the temple which is in heaven, he also having a sharp sickle.
Rev_15:5 And after that I looked, and, behold, the temple of the tabernacle of the testimony in heaven was opened:
Rev_15:6 And the seven angels came out of the temple, having the seven plagues, clothed in pure and white linen, and having their breasts girded with golden girdles.
Rev_15:8 And the temple was filled with smoke from the glory of God, and from his power; and no man was able to enter into the temple, till the seven plagues of the seven angels were fulfilled.
Rev_16:1 And I heard a great voice out of the temple saying to the seven angels, Go your ways, and pour out the vials of the wrath of God upon the earth.
Rev_16:17 And the seventh angel poured out his vial into the air; and there came a great voice out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, It is done.

These are speaking of a literal temple that is in heaven.

The book of Revelation is a major topic for dispensationalists, pre-mils and post-mils in regards to the word "temple" and because they do not use lexicons to reveal what the Greeks in Greece know from their Bibles but what our English language fails to reveal and that is what the true differences between a "literal building" and God's spiritual "building" is.

Example: the dispensationalist and other non-amils, like to use this verse in Revelation to justify a new temple in Jerusalem with sacrifices being re-instated and a glorified Christ to return for a thousand years again on earth. The Greek word "naos" destroys that misunderstanding of the English word for those who do not wish to accept the original manuscripts of the Koine Greek because this is what Revelation really says in these 3 verses...

You cherry pick one part of the words definition and ignore the rest. Don't lecture anyone on how to use a lexicon. You didn't even use the definition from the actual Strong's:

Strong's
G3485
ναός
naos
nah-os'
From a primary word ναίω naiō (to dwell); a fane, shrine, temple: - shrine, temple. Compare G2411.
Total KJV occurrences: 46

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
If there was a time that I was in Jerusalem and the temple had been rebuilt, I'd love to go see it.
Maybe you and I will go to help build the new Temple in Jerusalem. Zechariah 6:15

That a new Temple will be built, is plainly stated in the Bible. Denial of these prophetic truths, is a bad mistake.

Reactions: Truman

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Maybe you and I will go to help build the new Temple in Jerusalem. Zechariah 6:15

That a new Temple will be built, is plainly stated in the Bible. Denial of these prophetic truths, is a bad mistake.
Who knows? Maybe I could sacrifice a lamb! Lol

Moriah's Song

Sep 6, 2021
Murphy
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
These are speaking of a literal temple that is in heaven.
Literal = brick and mortar buildings. How are you going to build a brick and mortar building in heaven?????? Can you not tell what the difference is?

Spiritual means invisible: like the Holy Spirit.

I'm not impressed with your false interpretations.

But I am impress when "naos" is used in multiple sayings of Paul in the Epistles and in Revelation. For one..

1Co 6:19..."Do you not know that your body is a temple (naos) of the Holy Spirit within you, which you have from God? You are not your own;

Reactions: covenantee

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Who knows? Maybe I could sacrifice a lamb! Lol
If you really are a Levite, then you will do that. Ezekiel 40:46, Jeremiah 33:17-18
I'm not impressed with your false interpretations.
I am less than impressed with your denial of a new Temple in Jerusalem. You seem to tell God what He wants and are quick to make accusations, without addressing the scriptures that clearly describe a new Temple.
Why should there not be another Temple? We build Churchs and Cathedrals, the Temple mount in Jerusalem, is ready and waiting for one. The forthcoming terrible Day of the Lord's fiery wrath, will destroy the Dome of the Rock and the Al Asqa Mosque.

Reactions: Truman

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If you really are a Levite, then you will do that. Ezekiel 40:46, Jeremiah 33:17-18

I am less than impressed with your denial of a new Temple in Jerusalem. You seem to tell God what He wants and are quick to make accusations, without addressing the scriptures that clearly describe a new Temple.
Why should there not be another Temple? We build Churchs and Cathedrals, the Temple mount in Jerusalem, is ready and waiting for one. The forthcoming terrible Day of the Lord's fiery wrath, will destroy the Dome of the Rock and the Al Asqa Mosque.
600 years ago, my last name was Coten.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Literal = brick and mortar buildings. How are you going to build a brick and mortar building in heaven??????

Brick and mortar is not the only building materials. *rolls eyes*