The Day of The Lord, Wrong Timing Applied

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've noticed some brethren, especially among those who heed man's pre-tribulational rapture theory, misapply the timings of the "day of the Lord" phrase in God's Word, both from The Old Testament prophets and The New Testament.

The "day of the Lord" phrase is about a time of God's Judgment. It was used by God in His Old Testament prophets a lot. But it is also used by Apostles Paul and Peter specifically about the LAST DAY of this world.

1. Some thus abuse that "day of the Lord" timing with thinking that because it appeared with events written in the Old Testament prophets, and that the phrase simply means a Judgment from God that might happen at anytime. But is that how the phrase is used by Apostles Paul and Peter in The New Testament? Not at all! They were specific that it means the LAST DAY of this present world when man's works are burned off this earth.

2. A second way some abuse that "day of the Lord" phrase with those on a false pre-trib rapture theory. It didn't used to be a doctrine of theirs, but some of their preachers are teaching that the "day of the Lord" is about the time of "great tribulation", and thus NOT about the very LAST DAY of this world when Jesus comes. What those show they have wrongly done is use the false ideas of No.1 above to try and place the timing of that "day of the Lord" just anytime they want.

But what does God's Word actually reveal?

Examples:
Jeremiah 46:10 -- is a popular one that many believe the "day of the Lord" happened when God sent Nebuchadnezzar, king of Babylon, upon Jerusalem to destroy in the days of Jeremiah the prophet. But notice at the end of Jeremiah 46 God says the following...

Jer 46:27-28
27 But fear not thou, O My servant Jacob, and be not dismayed, O Israel: for, behold, I will save thee from afar off, and thy seed from the land of their captivity; and Jacob shall return, and be in rest and at ease, and none shall make him afraid.

28 Fear thou not, O Jacob My servant, saith the LORD: for I am with thee; for I will make a full end of all the nations whither I have driven thee: but I will not make a full end of thee, but correct thee in measure; yet will I not leave thee wholly unpunished.
KJV

Just WHEN would that happen? It's certainly not about just with many Jews returned to the holy land over the centuries, nor with their forming of the modern nation of Israel in 1948. Why? Because God is specifically pointing to lost Israel too being gathered from afar off. That is about the gathering of all the tribes, which has not happened yet today.

Also, notice Jesus used that label of Babylon again in His Book of Revelation. So we are shown the idea of 'types' in His Word, like what Solomon said, no new thing under the sun, what has been will be again. Even Apostle Paul in 1 Corinthians 10 told us to be mindful of the Old Testament as "ensamples" for the Church upon whom the ends of the world are come.

Thus there are many parallels to Jeremiah's day and the king of Babylon that apply for the very end of this world too. This means that "day of the Lord" phrase in Jeremiah 46 can be seen as a 'type' of repeating prophecy about the END of this world also.

So the false thinking like, "Oh, that day of the Lord phrase just means God's punishments in those periods of history in The Old Testament. All that is dead history," is very dangerous, and not aligning with how we are to interpret The Word of God.

Another case:
Isa 13:6-13
6 Howl ye; for the day of the LORD is at hand; it shall come as a destruction from the Almighty.

7 Therefore shall all hands be faint, and every man's heart shall melt:
8 And they shall be afraid: pangs and sorrows shall take hold of them; they shall be in pain as a woman that travaileth: they shall be amazed one at another; their faces shall be as flames.

9 Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, cruel both with wrath and fierce anger, to lay the land desolate: and He shall destroy the sinners thereof out of it.
10 For the stars of heaven and the constellations thereof shall not give their light: the sun shall be darkened in his going forth, and the moon shall not cause her light to shine.
11 And I will punish the world for their evil, and the wicked for their iniquity; and I will cause the arrogancy of the proud to cease, and will lay low the haughtiness of the terrible.
12 I will make a man more precious than fine gold; even a man than the golden wedge of Ophir.
13 Therefore I will shake the heavens, and the earth shall remove out of her place, in the wrath of the LORD of hosts, and in the day of His fierce anger.

KJV

Who really thinks all that happened back in the days of Isaiah? Those that try to make excuses and want to change the timing of that "day of the Lord" that is for the END of this world, that's who want to change its timing.

One More:
Zech 14:1-9
1 Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.

2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.
3 Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.
4 And His feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.
5 And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the LORD my God shall come, and all the saints with Thee.
6 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the light shall not be clear, nor dark:
7 But it shall be one day which shall be known to the LORD, not day, nor night: but it shall come to pass, that at evening time it shall be light.

8 And it shall be in that day, that living waters shall go out from Jerusalem; half of them toward the former sea, and half of them toward the hinder sea: in summer and in winter shall it be.
9 And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and His name one.
KJV

Notice all those things above red underlined especially. Do those things point to a time back in history for "the day of the Lord"? Obviously not, since that above Zechariah 14 Scripture is about the day of Christ's future coming, gathering of His saints, and bringing them with Him to Jerusalem on earth, His feet touching upon the Mount of Olives where He ascended to Heaven from (per Acts 1). And there ain't never been that great valley formed there yet today either.

That verse about that happening on a day known to The LORD is about what Jesus said that no man knows the day of His future return, only The Father knows that day. And those "living waters" are about God's River of the waters of life having returned, which is mentioned also at the end of Revelation. And The LORD only being KING over the whole earth then, we know that has yet to happen too.

So wrongly trying to interpret that "day of the Lord" as any ole' Judgment event by God in past history, is simple Biblical illiteracy.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've noticed some brethren, especially among those who heed man's pre-tribulational rapture theory, misapply the timings of the "day of the Lord" phrase in God's Word, both from The Old Testament prophets and The New Testament.

The "day of the Lord" phrase is about a time of God's Judgment. It was used by God in His Old Testament prophets a lot. But it is also used by Apostles Paul and Peter specifically about the LAST DAY of this world.

1. Some thus abuse that "day of the Lord" timing with thinking that because it appeared with events written in the Old Testament prophets, and that the phrase simply means a Judgment from God that might happen at anytime. But is that how the phrase is used by Apostles Paul and Peter in The New Testament? Not at all! They were specific that it means the LAST DAY of this present world when man's works are burned off this earth.

2. A second way some abuse that "day of the Lord" phrase with those on a false pre-trib rapture theory. It didn't used to be a doctrine of theirs, but some of their preachers are teaching that the "day of the Lord" is about the time of "great tribulation", and thus NOT about the very LAST DAY of this world when Jesus comes. What those show they have wrongly done is use the false ideas of No.1 above to try and place the timing of that "day of the Lord" just anytime they want.

Examples:
Jeremiah 46:10 -- is a popular one that many believe the "day of the Lord" happened when God sent Nebuchadnezzar, king of Babylon, upon Jerusalem to destroy in the days of Jeremiah the prophet. But notice at the end of Jeremiah 46 God says the following...

27 But fear not thou, O My servant Jacob, and be not dismayed, O Israel: for, behold, I will save thee from afar off, and thy seed from the land of their captivity; and Jacob shall return, and be in rest and at ease, and none shall make him afraid.

28 Fear thou not, O Jacob My servant, saith the LORD: for I am with thee; for I will make a full end of all the nations whither I have driven thee: but I will not make a full end of thee, but correct thee in measure; yet will I not leave thee wholly unpunished.
KJV

Just WHEN would that happen? It's certainly not about just with many Jews returned to the holy land over the centuries, nor with their forming of the modern nation of Israel in 1948. Why? Because God is specifically pointing to lost Israel too being gathered from afar off. That is about the gathering of all the tribes, which has not happened yet today.

Also, notice Jesus used that label of Babylon again in His Book of Revelation. So we are shown the idea of 'types' in His Word, like what Solomon said, no new thing under the sun, what has been will be again. Even Apostle Paul in 1 Corinthians 10 told us to be mindful of the Old Testament as "ensamples" for the Church upon whom the ends of the world are come.

Thus there are many parallels to Jeremiah's day and the king of Babylon that apply for the very end of this world too. This means that "day of the Lord" phrase in Jeremiah 46 can be seen as a 'type' of repeating prophecy about the END of this world also.

So the false thinking like, "Oh, that day of the Lord phrase just means God's punishments in those periods of history in The Old Testament. All that is dead history," is very dangerous, and not aligning with how we are to interpret The Word of God.

Another case:
6 Howl ye; for the day of the LORD is at hand; it shall come as a destruction from the Almighty.

8 And they shall be afraid: pangs and sorrows shall take hold of them; they shall be in pain as a woman that travaileth: they shall be amazed one at another; their faces shall be as flames.

9 Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, cruel both with wrath and fierce anger, to lay the land desolate: and He shall destroy the sinners thereof out of it.
10 For the stars of heaven and the constellations thereof shall not give their light: the sun shall be darkened in his going forth, and the moon shall not cause her light to shine.
11 And I will punish the world for their evil, and the wicked for their iniquity; and I will cause the arrogancy of the proud to cease, and will lay low the haughtiness of the terrible.
12 I will make a man more precious than fine gold; even a man than the golden wedge of Ophir.
13 Therefore I will shake the heavens, and the earth shall remove out of her place, in the wrath of the LORD of hosts, and in the day of His fierce anger.

KJV

Who really thinks all that happened back in the days of Isaiah? Those that try to make excuses and want to change the timing of that "day of the Lord" that is for the END of this world, that's who want to change its timing.

One More:
1 Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.

2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.
3 Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.
4 And His feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.
5 And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the LORD my God shall come, and all the saints with Thee.
6 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the light shall not be clear, nor dark:
7 But it shall be one day which shall be known to the LORD, not day, nor night: but it shall come to pass, that at evening time it shall be light.

8 And it shall be in that day, that living waters shall go out from Jerusalem; half of them toward the former sea, and half of them toward the hinder sea: in summer and in winter shall it be.
9 And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and His name one.
KJV

Notice all those things above red underlined especially. Do those things point to a time back in history for "the day of the Lord"? Obviously not, since that above Zechariah 14 Scripture is about the day of Christ's future coming, gathering of His saints, and bringing them with Him to Jerusalem on earth, His feet touching upon the Mount of Olives where He ascended to Heaven from (per Acts 1). And there ain't never been that great valley formed there yet today either.

That verse about that happening on a day known to The LORD is about what Jesus said that no man knows the day of His future return, only The Father knows that day. And those "living waters" are about God's River of the waters of life having returned, which is mentioned also at the end of Revelation. And The LORD only being KING over the whole earth then, we know that has yet to happen too.

So wrongly trying to interpret that "day of the Lord" as any ole' Judgment event by God in past history, is simple Biblical illiteracy.
It's not rocket science Davy, the day of the Lord is the last day judgement by fire (The End)

No man can change the biblical truth before your eyes seen below

2 Peter 3:10-13KJV
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Last edited:

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's not rocket science Davy, the day of the Lord is the last day judgement by fire (The End)

No man can change the biblical truth before your eyes seen below

2 Peter 3:10-13KJV
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

And I agree with what Peter taught there about the "day of the Lord". But many Preterists and those on the false Pre-trib Rapture theory try to change that timing of the "day of the Lord", which is the subject of this thread.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And I agree with what Peter taught there about the "day of the Lord". But many Preterists and those on the false Pre-trib Rapture theory try to change that timing of the "day of the Lord", which is the subject of this thread.
I'm not a preterist, nor do I believe in a pre-trib rapture

Davy, do you believe the day of the Lord is the second coming of Jesus Christ (The End)?

Reactions: Earburner

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not a preterist, nor do I believe in a pre-trib rapture

Davy, do you believe the day of the Lord is the second coming of Jesus Christ (The End)?

Yes, I specifically believe the "day of the Lord" is about the LAST DAY of this present world when Jesus returns to gather His faithful Church, and takes them to the Mount of Olives per Zechariah 14 to begin His earthly reign, as written.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
When Jesus Returns, He does not destroy anything, other that the attacking armies at Armageddon. The replacement of the present earth does not happen until after the Millennium. Revelation 21:1-7
Days of the Lord:

Because there are some similarities with the great Day of the Sovereign Lord, Rev. 19:11-21, which refers to the Return of Jesus and between the Day of the Lord’s vengeance and wrath that happens at the Sixth Seal, Rev. 6:12-17, then some people consider them as the same event.

This is not and cannot be correct, as the Seal, Trumpet and Bowl judgement-punishments as written in Revelation are clearly a consecutive series of events, with the Return at the end of all that. We are especially warned to not alter the book of Revelation. Rev 22:19

Matthew 24:27-30 Like a lightning flash over all the earth, [the Sixth Seal] so will the Presence of the Son of Man be. Where the dead are, the vultures will gather.
Then, immediately after the days of tribulation,
[the Grteat Tribulation of the 7 Trumpets and 7 Bowls] the sun and moon will be darkened, stars will fall and then will appear the Lord Jesus. Everyone will mourn as He comes on the clouds with great power and glory.

Note that the moon will be blood red at the Day of the Lord’s wrath - Acts 2:20, Joel 2:31, Revelation 6:12, whereas at the Return, the sun and moon will be darkened. It is patently obvious that there are two events described above, first is the Sixth Seal, when the Lord instigates the ‘lightning flash’ of His Day of vengeance and wrath, at the punishment of the nations when He is not seen, He stays in heaven; Psalms 11:4-6, Amos 1 - sending down fire, then it isn’t until after the Seventh Seal time gap of several years and at the end of the Great Tribulation, that He Returns in glory to commence His Millennial reign. The Lord Jesus comes on the clouds, Matthew 24:30, in His garment splashed with blood; from His previous punishment of the nations., the Sixth Seal event. Isaiah 63:1-6

Where the dead are; where those carrion birds gather, is mainly in the Middle East, but also around the world as many prophesies say. Ezekiel 30:2-5, Psalms 83:1-18, Isaiah 66:15-16, Jeremiah 25:33, Deut. 32:41, Zephaniah 1:14-18, Nahum 1:3-6, 2 Peter 3:10

These Bible passages also state the next prophesied event, the Day of the Lord’s wrath and what the ‘lightning flash’ is that will affect all the world is explained to us in:

Isaiah 30:26-30…the sun will shine with seven times its normal strength, on the Day the Lord saves His people. Look! The power of the Lord comes from afar, with His wrath and great rage blazing, His tongue as a devouring fire… He sieves out the nations for destruction. His arm will strike them down with flames of devouring fire, floods, hailstones and storm tempest. But for you, [Christians] there will be rejoicing, as you march to the holy Land, to the Rock of Israel.

Isaiah 42:14-16 Long have I restrained Myself… now I am ready to act. I shall dry up the streams, lay waste to the land and make it a desert. Then, I shall lead My people along new paths, I will make a light before them.

Psalm 97:1-12 The Lord reigns! In His justice, He flashes forth lightning’s and all the earth quakes. Cloud and thick mist enfolds Him as fire goes ahead, consuming all His enemies. The Lord’s people hear and rejoice as He rescues them. Psalm 18:7-15

Deuteronomy 32:36-43 The Lord will judge the nations, but will have compassion on His servants. His flashing sword of punishment will fall upon His enemies. He will take vengeance on all who hate Him and will cleanse His people’s Land.

Ezekiel 36:5-12 In the fiery heat of My anger, I will punish the nations, but especially those who inhabit My holy Land. Then you, Land of Israel, will put forth growth and bear produce, for the homecoming of My people is near. I will bless the Land and settle upon it many people – the whole Israelite people, they will increase and be prosperous, the burned houses and the ruined places will be rebuilt.

Zechariah 9:14-17 The Lord comes on a mighty storm wind from the South. He will sound the shofar, as His arrows dart like lightning, defeating the enemy and defending His people. They will rejoice, as with wine, on the Day their Lord saves them, for they are as precious jewels sparkling in the holy Land.

Joel 2:11 & 18 The Lord thunders as He marshals His forces, countless are those who obey His commands. For great and terrible is the Day of the Lord and who can endure it? Then the Lord shows His love for the holy Land and has compassion for His righteous people.

Amos 9:5 & 14 At the Lord’s touch, the whole earth heaves, it will rise and fall like the Nile and woe to all who live on it. But I will restore the fortune of My people, righteous Israel, they will rebuild the ruined towns, sow and plant, then enjoy the produce.

Habakkuk 3:10-13 The mountains see You and shake, an enormous wave of water rushes by, the sun and moon stay still as Your flashing arrows and Your spear like lightning speed on their way. In fury, You traverse the earth, in anger You trample the nations, but You come out to save Your people, as You shatter the wicked; You protect Your anointed ones.

Malachi 4:1-3 The Day comes, burning like a furnace, when all the arrogant and evildoers will be burnt to a stubble, that Day will set them ablaze and leave neither root nor branch. But for you who fear My Name, the sun of righteousness will shine forth, you will be restored and break loose, like calves released. On the Day I take action, the wicked will be burnt ashes beneath your feet.

Revelation 14:12 &18-19 From the Altar came another angel, the one who has authority over fire and he called to the one with the sharp sickle: Put in your sharp sickle, for the earth’s harvest is ripe. So the angel swept the earth, gathered in the grapes and threw them into the great winepress of God’s wrath.

All this calls for the endurance of the Lord’s people, all those who keep His commands and remain loyal to Him.

All these prophecies and many others, speak of a worldwide punishment by fire, a Coronal Mass Ejection, a sun explosion that will depopulate the entire Middle East. Then the great gathering of the Christian Israelite people, the true descendants and those grafted in, will gather and live in all of the holy Land. They will choose their own leaders, Jeremiah 30:21, Hosea 1:11. The Lord will ‘reveal His glory among His own’ 2 Thessalonians 1:10, Rev. 14:1, but not to the world, until several years later.

Like most of the prophetic Word, Revelation is somewhat mixed up. But the Seals, Trumpets and Bowls are one of the few instances of a correct sequence and from them, we can get a true picture of events. Note carefully, in Revelation 5:1; the description of the Scroll – written on both sides and sealed with seven seals. So the Seals are first, they must be removed one by one. The first five have been opened, probably soon after the ‘Lamb’ ascended to heaven.

The Sixth Seal is next, now very soon to happen. This sudden and shocking world changing event will enable the establishment of the One World Govt, also the gathering of the Lord’s people to all of the holy Land. That is what all Christians should be looking forward to!

At the same time, or very soon after the Sixth, is the 7th seal, which is undeniably a time interval. Then, years later, at the mid-point of Daniels 70th year, the scroll is unrolled for the Great Tribulation – the 7 Trumpets and the 7 Bowls.

Revelation 7:1-14 After that, [the Sixth Seal] I saw four angels holding back any further disasters until the seal of God was given to His servants. Twelve thousand from each tribe of Israel received the seal of God.... and then I saw a great throng of people from all races, tribes, nations and tongues, praising the Lord. They have passed through great ordeal, been tested and found righteous. All the true faithful Christians.

holding back any further disasters’ This proves that the Great Tribulation is still to come.

great ordeal’ – Of the Sixth Seal. Some Bibles say ‘the great tribulation’, leading to wrongly thinking that the Day of the Lord’s wrath happens at the Return. 1 Peter 4:12, 1 Cor. 3:13

the scorching heat of the sun’, -The devastating CME sunstrike of the Sixth Seal.

The 144,000 Israelites’, The Christian Israelites of God, chosen to go out to the world to proclaim the coming Kingdom of Jesus. Isaiah 66:19, Revelation 14:1-7

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I specifically believe the "day of the Lord" is about the LAST DAY of this present world when Jesus returns to gather His faithful Church, and takes them to the Mount of Olives per Zechariah 14 to begin His earthly reign, as written.
We Disagree, As 2 Peter 3:10-13 Shows the earth is "Dissolvsd" by fire, to its very "Elements", no mortal human body lives beyond the day of the Lord

As you have been shown several times, Zechariah 14 represents the "Eternal Kingdom" where the river of life is present, after the day of the Lord

Zechariah 14:1-12 below shows the Lords return to earth in fire in final judgement.

(Verse 1) shows "The Day Of The Lord" also seen in 2 Peter 3:10-13 "Fire Judgement" below

(Verse 2) Shows that all nations are gathered for the final battle of armageddon.

(Verses 3-5) shows the Lords return, and his eternal feet touch down on the earthly Mt, of Olives, and in the "Twinkling Of An Eye" 1 Cor 15:52 takes place, in the catching up, resurrection, final judgement by fire, and the New Heavens, Earth, and Jerusalem being revealed for eternity, judgement complete, eternity begins.

(Verses 6-7) Eternal light seen, in the eternal kingdom, Rev 22:1-5

(Verse 8) The river of life is seen, Rev 22:1-5

(Verse 10) The New creation is being revealed, the plain is lifted up.

(Verse 12) "The Day Of The Lord" showing the "Last Day" judgement by the Lords fire, as men are consumed as they stand on their feet, 2 Peter 3:10-13

2 Peter 3:10KJV

Revelation 22:1KJV
And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.

"The Eternal Kingdom"!

Zechariah 14:1-12KJV
14 Behold, the day of the Lord cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.
3 Then shall the Lord go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.
4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which
is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.
5 And ye shall flee
to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the Lord my God shall come, and all the saints with thee.
6 And it shall come to pass in that day,
that the light shall not be clear, nor dark:
7 but it shall be one day which shall be known to the Lord, not day, nor night: but it shall come to pass,
that at evening time it shall be light.
9 And the Lordshall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one Lord, and his name one.
10 All the land shall be turned as a plain from Geba to Rimmon south of Jerusalem: and it shall be lifted up, and inhabited in her place, from Benjamin’s gate unto the place of the first gate, unto the corner gate, and
from the tower of Hananeel unto the king’s winepresses.
11 And
men shall dwell in it, and there shall be no more utter destruction; but Jerusalem shall be safely inhabited.
12 And this shall be the plague wherewith the Lord will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.

Last edited:

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We Disagree, As 2 Peter 3:10-13 Shows the earth is "Dissolvsd" by fire, to its very "Elements", no mortal human body lives beyond the day of the Lord

You need to pay attention to the REST of Scripture too when you read that 2 Peter 3:10 verse. It is about the destruction of man's WORKS off the earth, not a total destruction of the earth.

So you choose total earth destruction over the future event of Christ's feet touching down upon the Mount of Olives at His future coming, per Zechariah 14, huh? I choose to believe the Zechariah 14 Scripture AS WRITTEN, because in Acts 1 it declares He will return in like manner as His disciples saw Him ascend to Heaven while upon that Mount of Olives.

As you have been shown several times, Zechariah 14 represents the "Eternal Kingdom" where the river of life is present, after the day of the Lord

I get tired of that idiotic, "you have been shown several times". You have shown NOTHING, simply because you are not HEEDING The Scriptures as written in the first place!!!

Your faith in man's FALSE Amillennial theories has your Bible interpretation whacked.

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And who exactly do you think He will reign over on the earth at that time? Do you agree that all believers will be changed and have immortal bodies at that point (1 Cor 15:50-54)? Based on 2 Peter 3:10-12, all unbelievers would be killed on the day He returns. Since you agree that 2 Peter 3:10-12 is about the day He returns, then I would think you would agree with me about that. So, with all of that in mind, what mortals would be left to populate the earth during this supposed earthly reign?

Reactions: Truth7t7

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You need to pay attention to the REST of Scripture too when you read that 2 Peter 3:10 verse. It is about the destruction of man's WORKS off the earth, not a total destruction of the earth.

So you choose total earth destruction over the future event of Christ's feet touching down upon the Mount of Olives at His future coming, per Zechariah 14, huh? I choose to believe the Zechariah 14 Scripture AS WRITTEN, because in Acts 1 it declares He will return in like manner as His disciples saw Him ascend to Heaven while upon that Mount of Olives.
It talks about fire coming down on the earth itself and Peter compared that event to the flood in Noah's day (2 Peter 3:5-7) which shows that the fire will come down on the entire earth. What mortal could survive that? No one. That's why Paul said this about that same day of the Lord when Christ returns:

1 Thessalonians 5:2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. 3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

Notice that Paul said "they shall not escape" the "sudden destruction" that will come down on that day, which we know will be by way of fire, per 2 Peter 3:10-12. Despite this, you have chosen to believe that there will somehow be mortals on the earth after that event. How can that be when believers will all have immortal bodies and no unbelievers will escape the Lord's wrath on that day?

I get tired of that idiotic, "you have been shown several times". You have shown NOTHING, simply because you are not HEEDING The Scriptures as written in the first place!!!

Your faith in man's FALSE Amillennial theories has your Bible interpretation whacked.
You seem to have a bit of a temper problem there, Davy. How are you heeding the 2 Peter 3:10-12 and 1 Thess 5:2-3 scriptures by having mortals on the earth after what is described in those passages occurs? You have decided to change the clear meaning of those passages in favor of your interpretation of Zechariah 14. Doesn't the New Testament shine light on the Old Testament instead of the other way around?

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When Jesus Returns, He does not destroy anything, other that the attacking armies at Armageddon
Is that what the following says?

Revelation 19:17 And I saw an angel standing in the sun, who cried in a loud voice to all the birds flying in midair, “Come, gather together for the great supper of God, 18 so that you may eat the flesh of kings, generals, and the mighty, of horses and their riders, and the flesh of all people, free and slave, great and small.”

Is the part at the end of verse 18 that says "all people, free and slave, great and small" in your Bible? Looks like your Bible cuts off verse 18 before that part.

Bob Carabbio

Aug 3, 2016
Dallas, TX
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which is exactly why the term "Eschatology" actually means "Rank Speculation".

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ugh...the debate goes on!

This is like "Today is the day of salvation"--and is that same "Day of the Lord", aka, "That Day." Which is explained in parts as "A time, times, and half a time."

But "times" is the problem, the reason for debate. That is, every bit of this is not about the world, not really according to its "times." That was just God's way of explaining the matter of His Day in worldly terms. But "what communion has light with darkness" really? Only that we should come out of it!

But if I tell you these things all refer rather to God in whom there is "no shadow of turning"--no times, or days....how will you who are of this world even relate or understand? How will you ever come to understand if you persist in making the matters of God matters of the world, which they are not. "And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."

Yet, the best has been said already and written, but except for His servants the prophets, no one has understood or perceived that all that is in the world is only as it is written of man, that he is an image of God. Which is to say that all of creation is an image to behold--yeah, and everything a parable. But no, you say that the parables are limited to those called parables by Christ, while from the beginning God said, "Let us make man in our image." Was this not a parable? And when He made Adam "ruddy" meaning "red", and then parted the "Red Sea", did it not occur to you that it was a parable of dividing man, resulting in the need to also be born [again] of the spirit of God? No, but Christ told you as much, then laid down His flesh and in shed red blood, that He might take it up again by the spirit of God. And are not the entire heavens for signs in parables--even "outer darkness?" All of which are "vanity"--nothing, if they do not point to the things of God.

But why should you remain a captive from what Christ came to set you free of? Which is this world of times that end in death, if not to life everlasting; and if life everlasting, then the likeness of God in whom there is no shadow of turning--no time.

In that context of God then, "That Day" spoken of throughout the scriptures, does not speak of the evening and the morning, or 24 hours. But rather of the timeless occurring of Victory of God over evil in the heavenly realm. In the smallest of terms, it is not small enough, not in the twinkling of an eye, not the year of the Lord, not the day of the Lord, not even His "Hour" as He put it, describes it except to those who have not seen it, and yet wait upon it.

Reason with me then--if to be "absent from the body is to be present with the Lord"...is it even remotely logical that a multitude of generations who have already passed, are held in stasis until all have passed, while not one nanosecond has passed with God? Does that not tell you that the apostle Paul was most correct, saying, "each one in his own order"--Which again, can only be true according to the darkness of these times and the terms of this world?

So, yes, "That Day" is like "Today" being the time of salvation. In other words...it's not about this world at all and therefore, not actually a time event--but merely explained that way to those held captive within its terms. And, yes, this all does require the "renewing of your mind"--which is the victory, for which Christ came, without which one remains a prisoner.

When then is That Day? God has told us: It's Beginning and End is Christ. But what does that look like if not with all that is imagined and revealed in the parables of visions? It looks like the end of the world, "but each one in his own order." Does that mean that "each" person experiences all the fanfare of scripture and the voice of an archangel? Absolutely! But it is not Ground Hog Day, repeated for every person in every generation--no rather all persons of all "times" although in their "own order", come into the world and leaving again, all converge together at eternity, where we who are God's, will forever be with the Lord. Thus it is called "The Day of the Lord."

As for "a time, times, and half a time"...all "time" is that Day of the Lord; the "times" of which are divided in two are the times of Israel and the times of the gentiles in between which was the end of sacrifices through Christ; and the "half a time" is the light divided from the darkness. "Seventy weeks (times) are determined."

Last edited:

Ronald D Milam

Jan 12, 2022
Clanton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Examples:

KJV

Another case:

KJV

One More:

KJV

This isn't hard. The Day of the Lord is God's Wrath, it starts in the Middle of the 70th week, after the Pre Trib Rapture which of course you are wrong about. It lasts for 1260 days, it parallels with the Anti-Christ 1260mday reign because the wise Satan understand 1/3 of the world is going to burn, and since the New World is 1/3 of the world he has a good idea what will be destroyed, thus he is planning ahead, as soon as the Rapture happens he will make an Agreement with Israel and THE MANY in the Mediterranean Sea Region Area and then 3.5 years later after the Gog and Magog war wipes out Russia, Turkey and Iran, he goes forth conquering as the USA is destroyed.

But he only conquers Israel AND the whole Mediterranean Sea Coastline. So, combine the E.U. and that Area of 7 Heads and 10 Horns and you have his kingdom.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Is the part at the end of verse 18 that says "all people, free and slave, great and small" in your Bible?
Revelation 19:18-19, refers to the people who comprise the armies at Armageddon. Not everyone alive at that time.
Proved by how it will be living people who will be the priests and co-rulers of Jesus during the Millennium. Revelation 20:0, Isaiah 65:20

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This isn't hard. The Day of the Lord is God's Wrath, it starts in the Middle of the 70th week, after the Pre Trib Rapture which of course you are wrong about.

I am not wrong, and you cannot provide any Scripture proof for what you say above.

The "day of the Lord" both Apostles Paul and Peter showed will come "as a thief in the night" (1 Thessalonians 5; 2 Peter 3:10). And with both examples, they showed that day is a day of DESTRUCTION. Paul showed it will be a "sudden destruction" upon the wicked. And Peter showed it is when God's consuming fire will burn man's works off this earth. So...

... can there still be a "great tribulation" event after... that "day of the Lord"? No, of course not. Some brethren just are not thinking!

Saying that the "day of the Lord" starts in the MIDDLE of the Daniel 9:27 symbolic "one week" still leaves the actual time of the "great tribulation" to occur that Jesus revealed. The actual time of the tribulation is the LATTER HALF of Daniel's symbolic "one week", the period of 1260 days, or 42 months (see Revelation 13:4-8 and Revelation 11 about God's two witnesses that prophesy against the beast for 1260 days at the end.)

When the "day of the Lord" does come to end the "great tribulation"... there WILL NOT BE ANY WORKS BY MAN for this present world going on. That is the LAST DAY of this present world, and is the day Jesus returns to fight with His army from Heaven per Revelation 19. It is a 7th Vial wrath destruction from God on that day, ENDING THIS PRESENT WORLD.

Last edited:

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 19:18-19, refers to the people who comprise the armies at Armageddon. Not everyone alive at that time.
Proved by how it will be living people who will be the priests and co-rulers of Jesus during the Millennium. Revelation 20:0, Isaiah 65:20
There won't be priest and rulers in a kingdom on this earth, just as Israelite has shown, its fire time when Jesus returns, no mortal human body survives, its (The End)

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not wrong, and you cannot provide any Scripture proof for what you say above.

The "day of the Lord" both Apostles Paul and Peter showed will come "as a thief in the night" (1 Thessalonians 5; 2 Peter 3:10). And with both examples, they showed that day is a day of DESTRUCTION. Paul showed it will be a "sudden destruction" upon the wicked. And Peter showed it is when God's consuming fire will burn man's works off this earth. So...

... can there still be a "great tribulation" event after... that "day of the Lord"? No, of course not. Some brethren just are not thinking!

Saying that the "day of the Lord" starts in the MIDDLE of the Daniel 9:27 symbolic "one week" still leaves the actual time of the "great tribulation" to occur that Jesus revealed. The actual time of the tribulation is the LATTER HALF of Daniel's symbolic "one week", the period of 1260 days, or 42 months (see Revelation 13:4-8 and Revelation 11 about God's two witnesses that prophesy against the beast for 1260 days at the end.)

When that "day of the Lord" does come... there WILL NOT BE ANY WORKS BY MAN for this present world going on. That is the LAST DAY of this present world, and is the day Jesus returns to fight with His army from Heaven per Revelation 19. It is a 7th Vial wrath destruction from God on that day, ENDING THIS PRESENT WORLD.
Problem is, you believe and teach 2 Peter 3:10-13 is just destroying man's works, when scripture clearly teaches the heavens and earth will be dissolved by fire to their very elements

Davy wants to see a magical 1,000 year kingdom on this earth, where the wizard of OZ stands behind a curtain ruling the world?

A man made fairy tale not found in scripture!

Last edited:

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
There won't be priest and rulers in a kingdom on this earth, just as Israelite has shown, its fire time when Jesus returns, no mortal human body survives, its (The End)
That you are wrong and your gross assertions are errors, is proved by Isaiah 66:21, Revelation 5:10, Isaiah 61:5-6....in the holy Land, you will be called the Priests of the Lord.....

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It says "the flesh of kings, generals, and the mighty, of horses and their riders, and the flesh of all people, free and slave, great and small.” So, it first mentions the armies of "kings, generals, and the mighty, etc." and then expands out to "all people, free and slave, great and small". The fact that it includes "slave" and "small" shows it's not just talking about the armies being killed. So, you should at least be willing to acknowledge it's not just saying the armies are killed even if you don't acknowledge that it's talking about everyone (all unbelievers).