The Doctrine of OSAS

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
...following a Jewish carpenter...
ATP said:
There are two types of people spoken of in those verses, believing Gentiles and unbelieving Jews. This is way above your head Barrd.

Please explain Butch. Show me where God says He throws His children into the lake of fire.
There you go again, being rude.
This is not "above my head".
You don't know me. Yet you have the unmitigated gall to dare to judge my understanding.
Once again, your fruits are showing...

I've been a Christian for over 50 years, compared to your ten.
You say you've read the NT...congratulations. I had read the entire Bible when I was but a child of 12....and I've read it many, many, many times since then.
You judge what you do not know...

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
The Barrd said:
There you go again, being rude.
This is not "above my head".
You don't know me. Yet you have the unmitigated gall to dare to judge my understanding.
Once again, your fruits are showing...

I've been a Christian for over 50 years, compared to your ten.
You say you've read the NT...congratulations. I had read the entire Bible when I was but a child of 12....and I've read it many, many, many times since then.
You judge what you do not know...
Truth hurts.

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
ATP said:
Those scriptures are about the lost that haven't found salvation yet.

They do. Eternal life is given to us at the first resurrection. What must you do to obtain eternal life? BELIEVE.
Even satan and his demons BELIEVE...according to James 2 of the Bible...are you in the same category as satan and his demons? You say you believe, well so does satan and his demons....you seem to be keeping bad company there...

Remember always, salvation is through the Son of God, God's grace and commandments, and NOT the sungod/satan and his doctrines, denominations and days of sunday, dec 25th and easter, all of which are non Biblical and of pagan origin.

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
ATP said:
Truth hurts.
Keep on showing me your Christian love, ATP.
And while you are at it, show everyone else in these threads what a fine, loving Christian you are.
What is all this animosity about, anyhow? Have I ever been rude to you? Have I ever given you any reason to be so hateful toward me?

Evidently, I'm quite a thorn in your side...

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Rom 8:31-39 ESV / Matt 24:31 NIV What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? 32He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things? 33Who shall bring any charge against God’s elect? It is God who justifies. 34Who is to condemn? Christ Jesus is the one who died—more than that, who was raised—who is at the right hand of God, who indeed is interceding for us. 35Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword? 36As it is written, “For your sake we are being killed all the day long; we are regarded as sheep to be slaughtered.” 37No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, 39nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Heb 9:12 NLT With his own blood--not the blood of goats and calves--he entered the Most Holy Place once for all time and secured our redemption forever.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Eph 1:13-14 NIV And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, 14who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession—to the praise of his glory.

Eph 4:30 NIV And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
ATP said:
Children salvation was always sketchy to me.
Let me help you with that:

Isa 11:6 The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.

Mat 18:2 And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them,

Mat 18:4 Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

Mat 18:5 And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me.

Mar 10:15 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein.

Luk 18:17 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Prov 21:31 NIV The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but victory rests with the LORD.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
1 Peter 1:3-5 NIV Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade. This inheritance is kept in heaven for you, 5who through faith are shielded by God’s power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
John 14:16 NIV And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
John 3:18 NIV Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
1 John 5:12 NIV Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
1 John 5:13-14 NIV I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life. 14This is the confidence we have in approaching God:

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
heretoeternity said:
Even satan and his demons BELIEVE...according to James 2 of the Bible...are you in the same category as satan and his demons? You say you believe, well so does satan and his demons....you seem to be keeping bad company there...

Remember always, salvation is through the Son of God, God's grace and commandments, and NOT the sungod/satan and his doctrines, denominations and days of sunday, dec 25th and easter, all of which are non Biblical and of pagan origin.

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
ATP said:
Children salvation was always sketchy to me.
Children's salvation is not "sketchy" to Jesus.
Didn't you claim to know Jesus?

Luk 18:15 And they brought unto him also infants, that he would touch them: but when his disciples saw it, they rebuked them.
Luk 18:16 But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Suffer little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.
Luk 18:17 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Rom 10:9-10 NIV If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
John 6:39 NIV And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all those he has given me, but raise them up at the last day.

John 17:12 NIV While I was with them, I protected them and kept them safe by that name you gave me. None has been lost except the one doomed to destruction so that Scripture would be fulfilled.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
1 John 5:4-5 NIV for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith. 5Who is it that overcomes the world? Only the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God.