The False Doctrine with key word "COVER"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The key word of the most common false doctrine is "cover." Anytime I hear someone use the phrase "the blood of Jesus "covers" our sin," I know they have been taught the watered down, powerless understanding of what the blood of Jesus actually does, and lives their lives struggling with sin, but has the false assurance that God can't see their sinning, so they still have their ticket to heaven. Many in these denominations that teach "covering" attract persons who desire to still be carnal; and never become born again - actual children of God. Not just in theory, but actually. Not just imputed righteousness (another key phrase used in this false doctrine), but actually. Jesus is coming back for a spotless Bride, not one who is still a slave to sin.

Part of the false doctrine is "we will always sin until we die and receive new bodies." The misunderstanding of the word "flesh" is the problem. Paul uses it equal to the old sinful carnal nature inherited from Adam. Those who believe this doctrine of demons never seek to be free, because they have been told they have to go through a life-long process of sanctification of overcoming sin. In other words, they have to become righteous in their own power of learning right from wrong. Good grief, that is what the Old Covenant was all about, but Romans 7:13 shows the problem. Sin in our nature. What is needed is a brand new spotless, powerful nature that partakes of the divine nature of Christ. 2 Peter 1:2-11. This is why 2 Peter 1:9 shows that only our past sins were cleansed. 1 John 1:9 ideally needs to only happen once. Then the fruit of the Spirit grows to maturity. The result of immature fruit causes minor trespasses, but forgiving others their trespasses against us causes our Advocate to forgive our trespasses. Matthew 6:14-15

Jesus' blood cleanses us of ALL sin; He takes it away, not just covers it up. He does NOT leave us with the old carnal nature of Adam? NO! Jesus is the new Adam. We become partakers of the divine nature of God that does not sin. The law of the Spirit of life in Christ has FREED us from the law of sin and death. Otherwise, we are not born again prepared for heaven. The New Covenant method regarding sin, is completely different than the Old Testament COVERING of sin, like a tarp over a cesspool, leaving the vile stench below.

The question arises from those in the false doctrine. "Then do we never have to repent again?" How many times does Peter say to repent in Acts 2:38? Or in 1 John 1:9? Once. If you truly repent and truly want to be holy, Jesus gives you His powerful sinless Spirit to change your desires. That is what becoming born again is all about. He makes you partakers of the divine nature.

So, no, once you truly repent, you shouldn't have to repent again and again as in the weak doctrine of covering our sin. You have no desire to do anything to repent of. Those desires have been TAKEN AWAY.

Reactions: amadeus

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
one word, "FORGIVNESS".

and as for sin, 1 John 1:8, why? Ephesians 1:13 & 14.

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
one word, "FORGIVNESS".

and as for sin, 1 John 1:8, why? Ephesians 1:13 & 14.

PICJAG

Why? Because everyone since Adam has sinned. The context of 1 John 1:8 is 1 John 1:9. Before and after!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why? Because everyone since Adam has sinned. The context of 1 John 1:8 is 1 John 1:9. Before and after!
that's why he took away sin, for repentance is the key in forgivness. scripture, Romans 3:25 "Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;" so our past sins before we come to Christ are FORGIVEN. now what about the sins after coming to Christ.

Question, what is repentance? sincere regret or remorse. feel or express sincere regret or remorse about one's wrongdoing or sin. notice God took care of that for us in our past lives of sin. now what do we mean? one need to understand "remission "the cancellation of a debt, charge, or penalty. other words forgiveness of sins. and this is what he do do in Christ JESUS. Forgive.

listen, 1 John 1:9 "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

understand we're righteou with God even if we commit a sin, (NOT ON A REGULAR BASIS OF COURSE). why do we have this righteousness, answer,
Jeremiah 31:31 "Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:"
Jeremiah 31:32 "Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:"
Jeremiah 31:33 "But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people."
Jeremiah 31:34 "And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more." BINGO, the problem is US. let me give an example, that many christian experance.

say you do something wrong... a sin. you go to God in pray with tears in one's eyes, and before you can get up off your knee's the devil whisper in your ear, "you know God didn't hear you. ... remember last week you did this or that". now you're, just like what repentance states, felling or expressing sincere regret or remorse about one's wrongdoing or sin. you think that you're unworthy. and that's what the devil wants.

well we suggest you re-read 1 John 1:9 "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." it's NOT DEALING WITH OUR SINS, "THEY, OUR SINS ARE NO LONGER REMEMBERED BY GOD, see again Jeremiah 31:31-34. FORGIVEN. it's us that God is dealing with. your lack of belief in yourself, (as one topic put it "likewarm"). 1 John 1:9 is our confidence booster. he, God, hears you. and listen, two other things that are confidence booster. you do wrong, excuse my expression, the Holy Ghost in you will worry the hell out of you until you a. confess, or b. get it right with you neighbor, ask for forgivness. if neither, scripture, Hebrews 12:8 "But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons." so if you don't confess, a. or b. forgive, chastisement is coming your way. now, lets look a a "COVERING"..... or a covering of one's sins that is not by the blood of Jesus, but is of JESUS.. let the apostle Peter tell us, 1 Peter 4:8 "And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins."

understand, in this GRACE period we're to "GROW" up. I have never seen a new born babe start walking after coming out of its mother whomb. yes, we will make mistaked, but that's because we're or was babies. 1 Peter 2:2 "As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:" BUT WE CANNOT STAY BABIES. 1 Corinthians 13:11 "When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things."

AMEN

for our sins are taken care of, but it's who will control us, not us, but Christ in us. for he is our rightious.

now the question, which comes up we don't sin, that's really another topic on its own. but here, a. confession "covers" us, and b. also "Charity"... for God got our, or his people backs...

PICJAG

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that's why he took away sin, for repentance is the key in forgivness. scripture, Romans 3:25 "Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;" so our past sins before we come to Christ are FORGIVEN. now what about the sins after coming to Christ.

Question, what is repentance? sincere regret or remorse. feel or express sincere regret or remorse about one's wrongdoing or sin. notice God took care of that for us in our past lives of sin. now what do we mean? one need to understand "remission "the cancellation of a debt, charge, or penalty. other words forgiveness of sins. and this is what he do do in Christ JESUS. Forgive.

listen, 1 John 1:9 "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

understand we're righteou with God even if we commit a sin, (NOT ON A REGULAR BASIS OF COURSE). why do we have this righteousness, answer,
Jeremiah 31:31 "Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:"
Jeremiah 31:32 "Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:"
Jeremiah 31:33 "But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people."
Jeremiah 31:34 "And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more." BINGO, the problem is US. let me give an example, that many christian experance.

say you do something wrong... a sin. you go to God in pray with tears in one's eyes, and before you can get up off your knee's the devil whisper in your ear, "you know God didn't hear you. ... remember last week you did this or that". now you're, just like what repentance states, felling or expressing sincere regret or remorse about one's wrongdoing or sin. you think that you're unworthy. and that's what the devil wants.

well we suggest you re-read 1 John 1:9 "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." it's NOT DEALING WITH OUR SINS, "THEY, OUR SINS ARE NO LONGER REMEMBERED BY GOD, see again Jeremiah 31:31-34. FORGIVEN. it's us that God is dealing with. your lack of belief in yourself, (as one topic put it "likewarm"). 1 John 1:9 is our confidence booster. he, God, hears you. and listen, two other things that are confidence booster. you do wrong, excuse my expression, the Holy Ghost in you will worry the hell out of you until you a. confess, or b. get it right with you neighbor, ask for forgivness. if neither, scripture, Hebrews 12:8 "But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons." so if you don't confess, a. or b. forgive, chastisement is coming your way. now, lets look a a "COVERING"..... or a covering of one's sins that is not by the blood of Jesus, but is of JESUS.. let the apostle Peter tell us, 1 Peter 4:8 "And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins."

understand, in this GRACE period we're to "GROW" up. I have never seen a new born babe start walking after coming out of its mother whomb. yes, we will make mistaked, but that's because we're or was babies. 1 Peter 2:2 "As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:" BUT WE CANNOT STAY BABIES. 1 Corinthians 13:11 "When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things."

AMEN

for our sins are taken care of, but it's who will control us, not us, but Christ in us. for he is our rightious.

now the question, which comes up we don't sin, that's really another topic on its own. but here, a. confession "covers" us, and b. also "Charity"... for God got our, or his people backs...

PICJAG
Your "savior" was a sinner. His blood can't wash away your sins.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your "savior" was a sinner. His blood can't wash away your sins.
no, but he was counted amoung ... YOU sinners... (smile) ... lol.

but his blood was given for YOUR sin.

Hebrews 9:14 "How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?" BINGO,

and for our washing by his blood, Revelation 1:5 "And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,"

must I say it? BINGO.

Acts 20:28 "Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood."

1 John 1:7 "But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin."

now kcnalp, is sin abstract or concrete?.... (smile).. lol, which one?

PICJAG

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no, but he was counted amoung ... YOU sinners... (smile) ... lol.

but his blood was given for YOUR sin.

Hebrews 9:14 "How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?" BINGO,

and for our washing by his blood, Revelation 1:5 "And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,"

must I say it? BINGO.

Acts 20:28 "Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood."

1 John 1:7 "But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin."

now kcnalp, is sin abstract or concrete?.... (smile).. lol, which one?

PICJAG
Your Jesus wasn't good. You said so! You have no savior.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your Jesus wasn't good. You said so! You have no savior.
I said so? lets see what the Lord said, Luke 18:19 "And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God."

now special k, is Jesus God? yes or no .... (smile) ... lol, aint the bible Good... :eek: YIKES!.

now your answer please.

PICJAG

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

AMEN

PICJAG

Yes, when we confess our sins he takes away our past sins, and cleanses us or ALL unrighteousness. In other words, He takes away the one thing that desires to sin - our old carnal nature that everyone has since Adam - 1 John 1:8, Romans 7:13; Romans 8:2. So you ask what about the sins after coming to Christ? We don't commit any from the Ten Commandments that would require repentance. The only things we commit are unknown trespasses that are cleansed as long as we forgive each other. Matthew 6:14-15. 1 John 1:7 shows someone walking in the Spirit, but as long as we remain fellowship with one another, the blood of Jesus cleanses us from those slights against each other. But a Christian does not commit sins of the flesh.

Galatians 5:
19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, 21 envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I said so? lets see what the Lord said, Luke 18:19 "And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God."

now special k, is Jesus God? yes or no .... (smile) ... lol, aint the bible Good... :eek: YIKES!.

now your answer please.

PICJAG
You don't even know that Jesus is God. You're no better off than JW's and SDA's!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, when we confess our sins he takes away our past sins, and cleanses us or ALL unrighteousness. In other words, He takes away the one thing that desires to sin - our old carnal nature that everyone has since Adam
our past sins are forgiven, listen, Romans 3:25 "Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;"

see it about our righteousness now. understand, when we come to Christ, God never, let me say it again, God never require the sinner to confess his or her sins in order to be saved, no, God takes care of our past sins for us. God only require the sinner to confess his Son.

for Jer 31 puts and end to sin on the book as for as God concern. hence why we confess our sins. see confessing sin are not for sinners, but for christians. again 1 John 1:9 "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

see CharismaticLady, as long as we're in theses fleshly bodies, we are a subject to sin, but under the NEW CONVENT, we don't stay in sin, or be held hotsage by it.

thanks God for the NEW CONTRACT

PICJAG

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't even know that Jesus is God. You're no better off than JW's and SDA's!
so again can we take this as you have no clue that Jesus is God or not?... (smile)... lol... lol.. :eek: YIKES!, and another YIKES! ... (smile).

PICJAG

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so again can we take this as you have no clue that Jesus is God or not?... (smile)... lol... lol.. :eek: YIKES!, and another YIKES! ... (smile).

PICJAG
To deny that the Father is God is to deny that Jesus is the Son of God. Heresy!

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

now your answer please.

PICJAG
Since Jesus was and is God, that makes Him good! Now see if you can twist that.

Status
Not open for further replies.