The Grace of God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was totally and completely "the Grace of God" which brought about the salvation of man through the Death of Christ. it certainly wasn't any goodness on the part of man which brought this about, as should be obvious. In fact, man has no argument at all.

He may claim that he's not responsible for someone who did something thousands of years ago, whom he is not even sure actually existed. Of course, the argument in that capacity doesn't hold water.

While it is true that man is in the condition that he's in because of what Adam did, still, there are two other factors which must be brought to bear as well. They are:

1. Unredeemed man will not stand before God someday to answer for what Adam did, but for what he personally has done. The idea is, the guilt of man is beyond question. So we're not speaking here of something that happened thousands of years ago, but something that's happening right now in the hearts and lives of unbelievers. They are rebelling against God, with Paul aptly describing them in Romans Chapter 3. So, every person who doesn't know Christ will answer to God "according to their works" (Rev. 20:13).

2. It is true that man cannot help what Adam so long ago did, or the horrible dilemma in which this has placed man. However, God has provided a solution for man's dilemma, and that solution is "Jesus Christ and Him crucified" (1 Cor. 2:2).

In the final analysis, man will be lost because he rejects that Solution. The Lord Himself said, "that the Holy Spirit has come to reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment."

Then He said, "Of sin, because they believe not on Me," or as one might say, "The Holy Spirit will convict men of the sin of not believing on Christ" (Jn. 16:8-9).

Therefore, considering who man is (a child of Satan one might say), and what man is (totally depraved with no righteousness whatsoever), we certainly can understand that it had to be the Grace of God extended to undeserving man, in order for this great plan of Redemption to be brought about.

Taken from Jimmy Swaggart Bible Commentary/ Hebrews, page 69

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy and L.A.M.B.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting I’ve never heard anyone quote tge swaggart Bible notes before .

Reactions: Nancy

LearningToLetGo

Jun 13, 2022
Western Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I find focusing on salvation, and by extension condemnation, serves only to foment fear. For better or worse it is a control mechanism. I much prefer to focus on following the path laid out by Jesus, in other words love.

Reactions: Nancy and marks

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Charlie24
Amen and thank you for the truth, even if it comes through a man who ONCE sinned as David did and who confessed AND was forgiven by the blood of the Lamb ! I am redeemed!

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy and Charlie24

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I find focusing on salvation, and by extension condemnation, serves only to foment fear. For better or worse it is a control mechanism. I much prefer to focus on following the path laid out by Jesus, in other words love.
Our standing before God is a settled matter in Christ, so yes, let's go on to a faithful walk in Him!

Much love!

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Perfect love cast out fear....

1 Jn.4:16-19 ( context )
And we have KNOWN and BELIEVED the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him,.
Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgement: because as he IS, so are we in this world.
There is NO fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear; because fear hath torment. He that FEARETH IS NOT made perfect in love.
We love him, because he FIRST loved us.

We must find again our first love that so we may have peace that passeth understanding and is full of joy unspeakable and glory for Him.

Reactions: Charlie24