The Last and Final Evil Kingdom of Daniel

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But no kingdom emerges out of that 4th kingdom. It is defeated by God, and it's symbolic body is killed, and then given to flame and the other beasts lives are prolonged for a season and a time. No new kingdom comes from the 4th in Daniel's writing.
As I said, Dan 7 appears to see the 4th as the last, and I believe the Roman Empire followed the Babylonian, Medo-Persian, and Greek empires.

In Rev 17, John has a construct of 7 kingdoms, which I believed started with Egypt. Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Persia, and Rome.

John wrote that the 6th kingdom currently existed, which would be Rome. And then a 7th kingdom is mentioned, which appears to be the Antichristian Empire. Since the Antichristian Empire follows the Roman Empire, and all of the kingdoms are sort of a set, I do think the Antichristian Empire comes out of the Roman imperial tradition.

Dan 7.23 “He gave me this explanation: ‘The fourth beast is a fourth kingdom that will appear on earth. It will be different from all the other kingdoms and will devour the whole earth, trampling it down and crushing it. 24 The ten horns are ten kings who will come from this kingdom.' "

Rev 17.10 They are also seven kings. Five have fallen, one is, the other has not yet come; but when he does come, he must remain for only a little while. 11 The beast who once was, and now is not, is an eighth king. He belongs to the seven and is going to his destruction.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I said, Dan 7 appears to see the 4th as the last, and I believe the Roman Empire followed the Babylonian, Medo-Persian, and Greek empires.

The chapter seems to present the 4th beast being destroyed by a coming of God, mostly associated with the second coming so it cannot represent Roman Empire as it fell long ago.

In Rev 17, John has a construct of 7 kingdoms, which I believed started with Egypt. Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Persia, and Rome.

John wrote that the 6th kingdom currently existed, which would be Rome. And then a 7th kingdom is mentioned, which appears to be the Antichristian Empire. Since the Antichristian Empire follows the Roman Empire, and all of the kingdoms are sort of a set, I do think the Antichristian Empire comes out of the Roman imperial tradition.

That still leaves the ten horned beast as the AC empire, which would make Daniels ten horned beast the same empire. No new empire comes from that 4th beast with ten horns.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The chapter seems to present the 4th beast being destroyed by a coming of God, mostly associated with the second coming so it cannot represent Roman Empire as it fell long ago.
Well, it can, in my opinion, of the Roman Empire is what produces the Beast Empire. And that's what we have....

Dan 7.23 “He gave me this explanation: ‘The fourth beast is a fourth kingdom that will appear on earth. It will be different from all the other kingdoms and will devour the whole earth, trampling it down and crushing it. 24 The ten horns are ten kings who will come from this kingdom.' "

That still leaves the ten horned beast as the AC empire, which would make Daniels ten horned beast the same empire. No new empire comes from that 4th beast with ten horns.
I'm not sure what you mean? The Beast Empire consists of the Beast himself together with ten kings, which I believe is a modern European Empire. This emerges from currently Romanized Europe. Europe has been "Romanized" since it evolved out of the old Roman Empire.

Babylon, Medo-Persia, Greece, Rome, then out of Rome the Beast Empire.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, it can, in my opinion, of the Roman Empire is what produces the Beast Empire. And that's what we have....

It's one large kingdom composed of ten smaller ones, just like we see in Rev 13.

I'm not sure what you mean? The Beast Empire consists of the Beast himself together with ten kings, which I believe is a modern European Empire. This emerges from currently Romanized Europe. Europe has been "Romanized" since it evolved out of the old Roman Empire.

That's 5 beasts but Daniel only spoke of 4. There is nothing about a new beast/kingdom from Daniel. The ten horns/kings with kingdoms are part of the larger 4th beast kingdom.

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Messiah the Prince was and is a Doer.

Not a dreamer.
For everything there is a season...There are two advents prophesied but historicists try to squeeze them all into one thereby seeing only half of what has been shown. One can't have a proper eschatology by denying half of prophesy. If one feels the need to spiritualize what should be considered literal, to create a false fulfillment, they've taken the wrong path.

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Just my two cents but the beast kingdoms will be those from the eastern part of the Roman empire. The nations that the various dynasties had in common that surround Israel.

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
The "little horn" prophecy in Daniel 7 & 8 is about the final Antichrist at the END of this world.
And his biblical type is Antiochus IV Epiphanes, who actually did (historically) fulfill Daniel 8:11; Daniel 11:31 and Daniel 12:11 in 167 BC, though Daniel 12:11 also projects forward to the antitype - the final Antichrist (because Antiochus IV did not complete everything that is prophesied).

(i) Unlike the destruction of Jerusalem and its temple, the abomination of desolation (singular) set up by Antiochus IV, "Epiphanes" (Daniel 8:11; Daniel 11:31 and Daniel 12:11) in 167 BC in the temple in Jerusalem, was not, and is not associated with the destruction of either the city of Jerusalem, or of the temple in it:

After he was ousted by the Maccabees, the temple was cleansed, and reconsecrated to God. This took place around 236 years before the destruction of Jerusalem and the Jerusalem temple in 70 A.D.

(ii) Daniel 9:26-27 on the other hand prophesied that abominations (plural) were going to be committed that the text associates with the destruction of the city (Jerusalem) and the sanctuary (the temple).

There will be no physical temple in Jerusalem involved in the defiling of the sanctuary of God (Greek: naos - the New Testament Temple) by the man of sin of 2 Thess.2:4, and the temple which has Christ as its builder cannot be destroyed, any more than the temple defiled by Antiochus' abomination of desolation was destroyed - but the church (New Testament Temple) can also be defiled by a man claiming to be head of the church during a time of apostasy from the faith, just as happened in Jerusalem in 167 BC.​
So that's 2 Bible Scripture proofs, Daniel 8 and Matthew 24:15, that reveals the "abomination of desolation" prophecy is about the END of this world, and thus makes the Daniel 9:27 Scripture about the END also.
Nope. The abomination of desolation spoken of by Daniel in Daniel 8:11; Daniel 11:31 and Daniel 12:11 is not associated with the destruction of the temple - only with its defiling - but the temple spoken about in Daniel 9:26-27 is associated with the destruction of the temple, and it occurred in 70 A.D.

Matthew 24:15 is talking about the defiling of the New Testament temple by the man of sin. Antiochus IV is the biblical type.

Last edited:

dismas

Jul 10, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The latter part of Dan. 9:26 isn't speaking of 70ad, that speaks of the end and I connect it to the "flood" of Rev. 12:15.
Ok, I have never seen anyone agree that the flood of Dan 9:26b comes before the covenant in Dan 9:27.

But what do you think 'flood' means? Hopefully not a literal flood.

Both the five months and the (month) great tribulation at the 6th Trumpet are references to the 'flood'.

Gen 7:24 The waters flooded the earth for a hundred and fifty days. (in other words, '5 months'). Also, you could make an argument about 'hour, day, month, year' is a reference to the flood.

After the 'flood', then the 'mighty angel comes down' with a 'rainbow' (symbolizing God's covenant after the 'flood'). (Also, the mighty angel 'swears an oath to heaven, earth, and sea' which is basically synonymous with making a covenant: Gen 26:28, 2 Kings 11:4, Psalm 105:8, Psalm 132:11, Hos 10:4.)

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just my two cents but the beast kingdoms will be those from the eastern part of the Roman empire. The nations that the various dynasties had in common that surround Israel.
Your "2 cents" is always welcome. We're all wayfairing strangers pursuing the same light. ;)

I derived my opinion after reading Gordon Lindsey's pamphlets on Daniel and Revelation. He pointed out that the Beast Kingdom emerges from the 4th Kingdom of Dan 2 and 7, which he identified as Rome.

Since Rome had two parts, East and West, he thought that the Beast will also have those same 2 parts, which reflect the old Roman distinction between the Byzantine Empire and the Western Catholic Empire.

So my own thought was that there may be in the 10 nation Confederation under Antichrist 5 nations from Western Europe and 5 nations from Eastern Europe. Whether the US or Russia fits into this Confederation I don't know.

Right now, Russia is resisting being a part of NATO or European Unification. Maybe it's possible, and maybe it's not.

Does Gog fit into this? I don't know. We'll keep speculating until God makes it more clear in His time.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The physical isn't the same as the spiritual. We are in the spiritual kingdom now, the physical kingdom won't be realized until the millennium.

That is a change in your prior claim. Good!

However, it is not a matter of spirit now and physical later, but rather of what is physical first by elements followed by what is spirit only "but each in his own order"; or as it is also written, "However, the spiritual is not first, but the natural, and afterward the spiritual."

Reactions: covenantee

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, I have never seen anyone agree that the flood of Dan 9:26b comes before the covenant in Dan 9:27.

But what do you think 'flood' means? Hopefully not a literal flood.

Both the five months and the (month) great tribulation at the 6th Trumpet are references to the 'flood'.

Gen 7:24 The waters flooded the earth for a hundred and fifty days. (in other words, '5 months'). Also, you could make an argument about 'hour, day, month, year' is a reference to the flood.

After the 'flood', then the 'mighty angel comes down' with a 'rainbow' (symbolizing God's covenant after the 'flood'). (Also, the mighty angel 'swears an oath to heaven, earth, and sea' which is basically synonymous with making a covenant: Gen 26:28, 2 Kings 11:4, Psalm 105:8, Psalm 132:11, Hos 10:4.)
Dan. 9:24-27 is written in an order that should be followed as written. The events of vs. 27 comes "after" those of verse 26. Yes, I do believe that Rev. 12 is speaking of a literal flood. Imo, the people are running away towards planes as we witnessed w/ the Afghanistan fiasco and it is most likely a plain and the a/c orders a dam to be opened up to drown them and God literally causes an earthquake that creates a split that literally swallows the water and they are able to fly away to safety. I see no reason to believe this is symbolic here when the plane sense of scripture makes a logical sense. Just because a word is used symbolically in "some" cases is no reason to believe it is symbolic in "every" case.

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is a change in your prior claim. Good!

However, it is not a matter of spirit now and physical later, but rather of what is physical first by elements followed by what is spirit only "but each in his own order"; or as it is also written, "However, the spiritual is not first, but the natural, and afterward the spiritual."
I never claimed differently. Your first quote is speaking about the resurrections.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for your support but one thing you should study on is that I believe it's wrong, is dividing the week into two equal 1260 day periods. While the word "midst" can mean "half" it can also mean any time in the context of.
Not enough proof for what you're saying to simply throw away the idea of 'dividing' with that word for "midst". In an overwhelming majority of cases in the Old Testament, that Hebrew word chetsiy means to divide or part in half. This is especially easy to see using The Engllishman's Concordance on that OT:2677...

OT:2677

chetsiy (khay-tsee'); from OT:2673; the half or middle:

KJV - half, middle, mid [-night], midst, part, two parts.
(Biblesoft's New Exhaustive Strong's Numbers and Concordance with Expanded Greek-Hebrew Dictionary. Copyright © 1994, 2003, 2006, 2010 Biblesoft, Inc. and International Bible Translators, Inc.)

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, Rev. gives those time periods but doesn't say if they are first or last half events and I believe there is a reason they are described differently.
In reality, Christ's Book of Revelation does... point out the two 1260 day periods, and with how to distinguish the timing of each period.

In Rev.12:6, the 1st period of 1260 days is given, and it is given just prior to what event? It is given just prior to the war in Heaven between Archangel Michael and Satan, with Satan and his angels being kicked out of the Heavenly dimension down to the earth. And then a WOE is issued to those on earth because the devil has come down. Those Rev.12:7-13 verses are all given in between the two 1260 day periods.

Then at Rev.12:14, a period of 1260 days is revealed, which is given in the language of "a time, and times, and half a time", which means 3.5 years, or 1260 days. That period is actually given in conjunction with the symbolic woman's protection from the serpent, i.e., Satan.

So there ya go, the 1260 day periods of Daniel's symbolic final "one week" of Daniel 9:27. A problem many seem to have with that is by their not understanding when that war in Heaven happens, and Satan and his angels are kicked out of the heavenly down to this earth, that is meant literally for the END, and is one of the main reasons that will cause the "great tribulation" that Jesus warned us about.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is what I'd like your opinion on, according to scripture, the 2300 days of Dan. 8, the "midst" of Dan. 9:27 and the 1290 days day of Dan. 12 "all" start on the same day. I also do not believe the 1290 days or the 1335 days are "outside" of the 70th week. The 70th week can't end until Israel fulfills it's goals of Dan. 9:24, especially the last three and that can't happen until "after" Armageddon, 75 days after, imo.
I do see the 1290 and 1335 days as being after... the latter 1260 days. (1260 + 30 = 1290, and 1290 + 45 = 1335).

When you look at all the other examples of the "abomination of desolation" event written in the Book of Daniel, like Dan.8:9-14, Dan.9:27, and Dan.11:21-31, we see a specific order of events. And it is the ending of the daily sacrifices and placing of an abomination idol that spiritually desolates the temple, in that order.

Daniel 8 about the "little horn" also helps us also understand the order past... the 1260 days:

Dan 8:11-14
11 Yea, he magnified himself even to the prince of the host, and
by him the daily sacrifice was taken away, and the place of his sanctuary was cast down.

That "little horn" represents the final Antichrist that will end the daily sacrifices in Jerusalem by the orthodox Jews at the end. That last phrase, "and the place of his sanctuary was cast down" represents the placing of the idol abomination instead. That supports the idea that for the end of this world, the orthodox Jews in Jerusalem will build their 3rd temple, and start up old covenant worship again with sacrifices.

12 And an host was given him against the daily sacrifice by reason of transgression, and it cast down the truth to the ground; and it practised, and prospered.

Again, that above is about the ending of the daily sacrifice and instead placing of the abomination of desolation idol in false worship, for that is the specific transgression for the end that Jesus warns us about (Matthew 24:15).

13 Then I heard one saint speaking, and another saint said unto that certain saint which spake, How long shall be the vision concerning the daily sacrifice, and the transgression of desolation, to give both the sanctuary and the host to be trodden under foot?

That is above is asking how long with the period starting from when the daily sacrifice is taken away, and abomination idol is placed, and for temple and the Jews in Jerusalem trodden by the Gentiles, a la Rev.11:2.

14 And he said unto me, "Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed."
KJV

The key to the above answer is that, "then shall the sanctuary be cleansed." That involves the last event prophesied in Dan.9:24, "to anoint the most Holy", meaning the future Millennial sanctuary cleansing that Jesus will establish on earth after His future return. That means then, the 'cleansing' of the sanctuary has to be at the very end point of the 2300 days. Then the 2ea. 1260 day periods that make up the whole "one week" must happen prior to that cleansing. So place the 2300 days at the end point, and go backwards for 2300 days.

[------------------------------Dan.9:27 "one week" (7 years)---------------------][--Jesus' return]
[---------------1260 days----------------][AOD][----------1260 days------------][--cleansing----]
[..............................][------------------------2300 days-------------------------------]
[----220 days--][-----1040 days--------]AOD][-----------1260 days-------------]
[............................................................................]['idol'][------"great tribulation"---------]

1290 days = suggest 30 days after Jesus' return, possibly for the cleansing of the sanctuary.
1335 days = suggests Christ's elect blessed & setup as priests in that sanctuary that will have 'many mansions".

The 2 green periods in the 1st 1260 half I believe represents the false-Messiah's rebuilding of the 3rd temple and then re-establishing of old covenant worship and sacrifices. The building of the temple would have to happen first of course, so the 220 days, and then the Jew's re-established old covenant worship with sacrifices as the 1040 day period.

In Matt.24:15, Lord Jesus said when His servants in the holy land see the "abomination of desolation" of the Book of Daniel stand in the "holy place", then get out of Judea.

Rev.13:4-8 and Rev.11 reveals Satan is to have power over all peoples, including the saints, for 42 months, which is the same 42 month period the Gentiles will be given to tread the holy city per Rev.11. That 42 months is the same timing as the 1260 days. God's "two witnesses" at that same timing are given to prophesy against the beast for 1260 days.

Thus all those Scriptures are pointing to the time of "great tribulation" starting with the placing of the "abomination of desolation" idol in the "holy place" (Jewish temple in Jerusalem) for the end of this world. And when that idol is setup instead of the Jew's daily sacrifices, that is when the tribulation will begin, because the tribulation will be about IDOL worship, bow to it or be killed, like the end of Rev.13 warns with the "image of the beast".

Even Ezekiel 8 with the "image of jealousy" inside the temple at Jerusalem serves as a type of blueprint for that future "abomination of desolation" idol that Jesus warned us about from the Book of Daniel. God hates that abomination. All the various occult pagan worship symbols and images shown there on the walls in secret reveal the past pagan empires revived into one religious worship at Jerusalem for the end.

Last edited:

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And his biblical type is Antiochus IV Epiphanes, who actually did (historically) fulfill Daniel 8:11; Daniel 11:31 and Daniel 12:11 in 167 BC, though Daniel 12:11 also projects forward to the antitype - the final Antichrist (because Antiochus IV did not complete everything that is prophesied).
Yes.

The strongest proof the Dan.11 "vile person" prophecy is about a final Antichrist at the end of this world, is the fact that Jesus quoted the "abomination of desolation" event for the end from Dan.11, around 200 years after... Antiochus had been dead.

(i) Unlike the destruction of Jerusalem and its temple, the abomination of desolation (singular) set up by Antiochus IV, "Epiphanes" (Daniel 8:11; Daniel 11:31 and Daniel 12:11) in 167 BC in the temple in Jerusalem, was not, and is not associated with the destruction of either the city of Jerusalem, or of the temple in it:

After he was ousted by the Maccabees, the temple was cleansed, and reconsecrated to God. This took place around 236 years before the destruction of Jerusalem and the Jerusalem temple in 70 A.D.
Yes, I agree.

The destruction of the 2nd temple was later, in 70 A.D. by the Roman army led by Titus. Even then, the Jewish historian Josephus said Titus was trying to capture the temple intact, but it caught fire inside the temple and burned down.

What this means for the Dan.11 AOD prophecy, is that to fulfill it for the end like Jesus said in Matthew 24:15, a standing Jewish temple must exist in Jerusalem for the end, and with the daily sacrifice re-established. And that means re-established old covenant worship by the orthodox Jews in Jerusalem for the end of this world.

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I could go back and quote you--I already have. But regardless, tell me then: What do you say, what did Paul mean by "but each one in his own order?"
Christ was the first fruits of the "first" resurrection and the church is the "latter" fruits of that same "first" resurrection, that is the order. The second resurrection will be after the millennium.

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do see the 1290 and 1335 days as being after... the latter 1260 days. (1260 + 30 = 1290, and 1290 + 45 = 1335).

When you look at all the other examples of the "abomination of desolation" event written in the Book of Daniel, like Dan.8:9-14, Dan.9:27, and Dan.11:21-31, we see a specific order of events. And it is the ending of the daily sacrifices and placing of an abomination idol that spiritually desolates the temple, in that order.

Daniel 8 about the "little horn" also helps us also understand the order past... the 1260 days:

Dan 8:11-14
11 Yea, he magnified himself even to the prince of the host, and
by him the daily sacrifice was taken away, and the place of his sanctuary was cast down.

That "little horn" represents the final Antichrist that will end the daily sacrifices in Jerusalem by the orthodox Jews at the end. That last phrase, "and the place of his sanctuary was cast down" represents the placing of the idol abomination instead. That supports the idea that for the end of this world, the orthodox Jews in Jerusalem will build their 3rd temple, and start up old covenant worship again with sacrifices.

12 And an host was given him against the daily sacrifice by reason of transgression, and it cast down the truth to the ground; and it practised, and prospered.

Again, that above is about the ending of the daily sacrifice and instead placing of the abomination of desolation idol in false worship, for that is the specific transgression for the end that Jesus warns us about (Matthew 24:15).

13 Then I heard one saint speaking, and another saint said unto that certain saint which spake, How long shall be the vision concerning the daily sacrifice, and the transgression of desolation, to give both the sanctuary and the host to be trodden under foot?

That is above is asking how long with the period starting from when the daily sacrifice is taken away, and abomination idol is placed, and for temple and the Jews in Jerusalem trodden by the Gentiles, a la Rev.11:2.

14 And he said unto me, "Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed."
KJV

The key to the above answer is that, "then shall the sanctuary be cleansed." That involves the last event prophesied in Dan.9:24, "to anoint the most Holy", meaning the future Millennial sanctuary cleansing that Jesus will establish on earth after His future return. That means then, the 'cleansing' of the sanctuary has to be at the very end point of the 2300 days. Then the 2ea. 1260 day periods that make up the whole "one week" must happen prior to that cleansing. So place the 2300 days at the end point, and go backwards for 2300 days.

[------------------------------Dan.9:27 "one week" (7 years)---------------------][--Jesus' return]
[---------------1260 days----------------][AOD][----------1260 days------------][--cleansing----]
[..............................][------------------------2300 days-------------------------------]
[----220 days--][-----1040 days--------]AOD][-----------1260 days-------------]
[............................................................................]['idol'][------"great tribulation"---------]

1290 days = suggest 30 days after Jesus' return, possibly for the cleansing of the sanctuary.
1335 days = suggests Christ's elect blessed & setup as priests in that sanctuary that will have 'many mansions".

The 2 green periods in the 1st 1260 half I believe represents the false-Messiah's rebuilding of the 3rd temple and then re-establishing of old covenant worship and sacrifices. The building of the temple would have to happen first of course, so the 220 days, and then the Jew's re-established old covenant worship with sacrifices as the 1040 day period.

In Matt.24:15, Lord Jesus said when His servants in the holy land see the "abomination of desolation" of the Book of Daniel stand in the "holy place", then get out of Judea.

Rev.13:4-8 and Rev.11 reveals Satan is to have power over all peoples, including the saints, for 42 months, which is the same 42 month period the Gentiles will be given to tread the holy city per Rev.11. That 42 months is the same timing as the 1260 days. God's "two witnesses" at that same timing are given to prophesy against the beast for 1260 days.

Thus all those Scriptures are pointing to the time of "great tribulation" starting with the placing of the "abomination of desolation" idol in the "holy place" (Jewish temple in Jerusalem) for the end of this world. And when that idol is setup instead of the Jew's daily sacrifices, that is when the tribulation will begin, because the tribulation will be about IDOL worship, bow to it or be killed, like the end of Rev.13 warns with the "image of the beast".

Even Ezekiel 8 with the "image of jealousy" inside the temple at Jerusalem serves as a type of blueprint for that future "abomination of desolation" idol that Jesus warned us about from the Book of Daniel. God hates that abomination. All the various occult pagan worship symbols and images shown there on the walls in secret reveal the past pagan empires revived into one religious worship at Jerusalem for the end.
I am not KJ only but I've found that the KJ gives the best overall consistent narrative of God's schedule of events. With that said, there is no specific AoD in Dan. 8 or 9, it is only found in Dan. 11: 31 and 12:11. There is no prophecy that places the AoD in the exact middle of the week. The sanctuary "has" to be cleansed as part of the 70th week. The 75 days of Dan. 12 also "has" to be part of the 70th week because that is the time period that Israel will have to complete the final three goals of Dan. 9:24 - "...to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy." These will be accomplished after Armageddon when Israel brings in the Messiah to Jerusalem as their savior (the true triumphal entry, fulfilling Matt. 23:39) which will seal up the visions and prophecy of this age concerning Christ and finally anoint Him as King and Messiah over Israel. These all "must" be done "before" the 70th week ends!

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In reality, Christ's Book of Revelation does... point out the two 1260 day periods, and with how to distinguish the timing of each period.

In Rev.12:6, the 1st period of 1260 days is given, and it is given just prior to what event? It is given just prior to the war in Heaven between Archangel Michael and Satan, with Satan and his angels being kicked out of the Heavenly dimension down to the earth. And then a WOE is issued to those on earth because the devil has come down. Those Rev.12:7-13 verses are all given in between the two 1260 day periods.

Then at Rev.12:14, a period of 1260 days is revealed, which is given in the language of "a time, and times, and half a time", which means 3.5 years, or 1260 days. That period is actually given in conjunction with the symbolic woman's protection from the serpent, i.e., Satan.

So there ya go, the 1260 day periods of Daniel's symbolic final "one week" of Daniel 9:27. A problem many seem to have with that is by their not understanding when that war in Heaven happens, and Satan and his angels are kicked out of the heavenly down to this earth, that is meant literally for the END, and is one of the main reasons that will cause the "great tribulation" that Jesus warned us about.
When you really look at it I believe there are 3 1260 day events and the 70th week, when understood just doesn't add up to two equal 1260 day halves as I said in the post I just replied to. I hope you recognize, which many folks don't, is that the woe of Rev. 12 is the 'third" woe that was prophesied.