The Last Plague

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

6 Stories

Aug 1, 2021
Chapin
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The last plague is the far-right column in the chart below. Please see WTEW Bible Studies on YouTube for a complete explanation.
The 7th bowl is the most complete description of the plague that ends God's wrath, and it is repeated 6 times in the Revelation.
Revelation 15:1 "And I saw another sign in heaven, great and marvellous, seven angels having the seven last plagues; for in them is filled up the wrath of God."

1690030441556.png

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The last plague is the far-right column in the chart below. Please see WTEW Bible Studies on YouTube for a complete explanation.
The 7th bowl is the most complete description of the plague that ends God's wrath, and it is repeated 6 times in the Revelation.
Revelation 15:1 "And I saw another sign in heaven, great and marvellous, seven angels having the seven last plagues; for in them is filled up the wrath of God."
In my view, too much is made in trying to come up with time frames for "God's Wrath." The fact is, God's Wrath is in perpetuity active in the world, taking place in different ways and in different degrees. For example, Paul argued in Romans 1 that God's Wrath is already present in history...

Rom 1.18 The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness...

And we know that God's Wrath was being exercised on many occasions against ancient Israel who had a constant problem with backsliding into idolatry and paganism. In particular, God's Wrath was shown against ancient Israel in the matter of the deportations under Assyria and Babylon.

So assigning a specific period for "Final Wrath" seems unnecessary. The Final Wrath that would really concern anybody is death and final judgment at the judgment seat of Christ. And that doesn't have any historical time sequence. It just happens when it happens.

Pretribbers like to see the entire Reign of Antichrist, which they suppose is 7 years, as a "time of Final Wrath." But it isn't. It's just the Reign of Antichrist which is, like many Antichrists before, a time of persecuting the saints.

And this has happened all through history, from ancient Israel to the Early Church to the Reformation Period to the Modern Day. Saints get persecuted in every era. The era of Antichrist will be no different.

So God's Wrath is a combination of God showing His displeasure with the Antichristian world, by cursing the earth around it, and Christ's Coming to bring Antichristianity to an end. It need not be a specified period of time. It has happened all through history, and it will continue to happen in the endtimes, when Antichrist reigns for 3.5 years (not 7 years).

6 Stories

Aug 1, 2021
Chapin
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's wrath in the book of Revelation is very different from what you mentioned. In context, God's wrath is specifically defined as the 7 last plagues. If you look at the chart, the column showing the time of God's wrath, you will see that the time of God's wrath, the time of the 7 bowls occurs after the time of great tribulation. The events of the 7th and last plague are shown 6 different times as the end of the sequence. This last plague is what I was trying to focus on for this thread.

Since you mentioned the 7 years and the antichrist, this is the yellow column in the chart. A new Roman Empire will come into existence through some sort of treaty. It's first leader will likely be from Rome but will not be the antichrist. It's second leader, the king of the north from the divided Greek empire (Seleucia) will become the antichrist and will lead the new Roman Empire for the next 3.5 years as you stated. If God did not intervene during this time of persecution, everyone on earth would die. This fact makes the time of great tribulation unlike any other time of persecution. God's intervention is the resurrection and ascension into heaven of the 2 witnesses, the sign of the Son of Man.

It is this last miracle of the 2 witnesses and not the return of Jesus that ends the time of great tribulation and begins the time of God's wrath. Jesus will not return until the time of the 7th and last bowl of wrath.

Sorry, I tried to quote what you said, but I am going to have to relearn how to use this forum.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since you mentioned the 7 years and the antichrist, this is the yellow column in the chart. A new Roman Empire will come into existence through some sort of treaty. It's first leader will likely be from Rome but will not be the antichrist. It's second leader, the king of the north from the divided Greek empire (Seleucia) will become the antichrist and will lead the new Roman Empire for the next 3.5 years as you stated. If God did not intervene during this time of persecution, everyone on earth would die. This fact makes the time of great tribulation unlike any other time of persecution. God's intervention is the resurrection and ascension into heaven of the 2 witnesses, the sign of the Son of Man.

It is this last miracle of the 2 witnesses and not the return of Jesus that ends the time of great tribulation and begins the time of God's wrath. Jesus will not return until the time of the 7th and last bowl of wrath.

Sorry, I tried to quote what you said, but I am going to have to relearn how to use this forum.
Just hit the reply button, and this should do the work for you. Your reply should be typed below the quotation field. It does take some getting used to, but I'm always happy to see more folks here.

I once did hold to your position about the King of the North and the King of the South, but abandoned that. Over time, I just didn't feel comfortable with it, because Dan 11 and Dan 12 has to make sense to a reader. It seems to be largely historical up until some thing are introduced in Dan 12, the resurrection and the 3.5 year reign of Antichrist, Dan 12.7.

So now I view the entirely of Dan 11 as the history leading to the Roman Empire, when the time of Great Tribulation begins for the Jewish People, ending with the resurrection. Antiochus 4 figures prominently at the end of Dan 11.

The "covenant" in Dan 9 also did not make sense to me, along with a discussion of various figures in the 70 Weeks Prophecy. To be consistent I now see the "people of the ruler to come" (Dan 9.26) as the Roman Army under the Roman General. The Romans entered into an agreement at the beginning of Christ's ministry to implement God's covenant of Jewish destruction. They ended sacrifices made under the law by murdered their Messiah, and ultimately they destroyed both Jerusalem and the temple.

Seeing it this way seemed to keep the respective personages in play consistently. Otherwise, it got all confusing for me. I'm still unsure about the "covenant" thing, but I feel confident that all this was fulfilled historically at the time of Christ's earthly ministry. That's how the Church Fathers saw it, and that's how its been interpreted historically. A relative few saw it as a future fulfillment, including Irenaeus and Hippolytus.

As for the 2 Witnesses, I see their ministry of 3.5 years as coinciding with the 3.5 years of Antichrist's Reign, mentioned in Dan 7. I believe the only biblical precedent we have for these things comes from Daniel. And he established a 3.5 year period--not a 7 year period.

If you'll notice in Rev 11, there is indicated a short time following the 6th trumpet and the end of the 2 Witnesses. This may be the time period in which nations are gathered to Armageddon. Mobilizing armies across the world takes time. The Battle itself does not, but will likely be decided within a single hour.

Rev 11.14 The second woe has passed; the third woe is coming soon.

6 Stories

Aug 1, 2021
Chapin
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just hit the reply button, and this should do the work for you. Your reply should be typed below the quotation field. It does take some getting used to, but I'm always happy to see more folks here.
Thank you. I have been on here before, but it has been awhile.
I once did hold to your position about the King of the North and the King of the South, but abandoned that. Over time, I just didn't feel comfortable with it, because Dan 11 and Dan 12 has to make sense to a reader. It seems to be largely historical up until some thing are introduced in Dan 12, the resurrection and the 3.5 year reign of Antichrist, Dan 12.7.

So now I view the entirely of Dan 11 as the history leading to the Roman Empire, when the time of Great Tribulation begins for the Jewish People, ending with the resurrection. Antiochus 4 figures prominently at the end of Dan 11.
Dan 12:1 "At that time" has to refer to something in Dan 11 to make sense to a reader. I equate Dan 11:40-45 with the 200 million cavalry of Rev 9, the 6th trumpet. When this army takes Jerusalem, the 3.5 year great trib begins. When this army takes Egypt in Dan 11:43 with plans to expand further into Africa, Libya and Ethiopia, trouble arises from the north and east. This trouble is explained in Ez 38:3 Meshech and Tubal (Turkey or Russia) + Ez 38:5 Persia (Iran), Ethiopia and Libya (Dan 11:43 retaliation from threat) + Gomer and Togarmah (Turkey). This trouble from the north and east which was coming against antichrist, somehow instead joins antichrist in the fight against Christ in Armageddon. Rev 16:12-16. Jesus warns that he is coming in Rev 16:15 and he does come during the 7th bowl. Rev 16:17-21. The resurrection occurs during the 7th bowl. God the Father is present with the Son at that time.

Compare the throne of God plus an earthquake: Rev 6:16 "him who sits on the throne," "every mountain and island was moved"
Rev 4:5 thunders and lightnings and voices signify the throne of God and are found making an earthquake in Rev 8:5, Rev 11:19, and Rev 16:18.
Compare Jesus coming with hail, the great day which is the last day, the winepress in Rev 6:16-17, Rev 11:19, Rev 14:18-20, Rev 16:21, and Rev 19:15.
I believe the presence of the Father shakes the earth, just as it did at the giving of the 10 commandments on Mt. Sinai. Any enemies of God who survive the shaking will be squashed as grapes by the hail that Jesus will bring.
The "covenant" in Dan 9 also did not make sense to me, along with a discussion of various figures in the 70 Weeks Prophecy. To be consistent I now see the "people of the ruler to come" (Dan 9.26) as the Roman Army under the Roman General. The Romans entered into an agreement at the beginning of Christ's ministry to implement God's covenant of Jewish destruction. They ended sacrifices made under the law by murdered their Messiah, and ultimately they destroyed both Jerusalem and the temple.

Seeing it this way seemed to keep the respective personages in play consistently. Otherwise, it got all confusing for me. I'm still unsure about the "covenant" thing, but I feel confident that all this was fulfilled historically at the time of Christ's earthly ministry. That's how the Church Fathers saw it, and that's how its been interpreted historically. A relative few saw it as a future fulfillment, including Irenaeus and Hippolytus.
In Dan 9:26, "the prince who is to come" is the spiritual power in Rome. It is this spiritual power that ensures the future covenant in verse 27. Through the spiritual power of Rome and the armies of Dan 11:40-45 under the spiritual "prince of Greece", the 6th trumpet armies, Jewish animal sacrifice will end and the abomination of desolation will be set up. This is the start of the great tribulation.
As for the 2 Witnesses, I see their ministry of 3.5 years as coinciding with the 3.5 years of Antichrist's Reign, mentioned in Dan 7. I believe the only biblical precedent we have for these things comes from Daniel. And he established a 3.5 year period--not a 7 year period.=
I agree completely. 2 witnesses v antichrist = 3.5 year great trib.
If you'll notice in Rev 11, there is indicated a short time following the 6th trumpet and the end of the 2 Witnesses. This may be the time period in which nations are gathered to Armageddon. Mobilizing armies across the world takes time. The Battle itself does not, but will likely be decided within a single hour.

Rev 11.14 The second woe has passed; the third woe is coming soon.
I also agree with this. This is what I called the time of God's wrath. Although the reign of antichrist has ended and he no longer reigns over Jerusalem, he is not dead yet. At the 7th trumpet, God begins to reign. He punishes those who have been against his people through the 7 bowls of wrath. The time of God's wrath as defined in the book of Revelation is separate from and comes after the time of great tribulation.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dan 12:1 "At that time" has to refer to something in Dan 11 to make sense to a reader. I equate Dan 11:40-45 with the 200 million cavalry of Rev 9, the 6th trumpet. When this army takes Jerusalem, the 3.5 year great trib begins. When this army takes Egypt in Dan 11:43 with plans to expand further into Africa, Libya and Ethiopia, trouble arises from the north and east. This trouble is explained in Ez 38:3 Meshech and Tubal (Turkey or Russia) + Ez 38:5 Persia (Iran), Ethiopia and Libya (Dan 11:43 retaliation from threat) + Gomer and Togarmah (Turkey). This trouble from the north and east which was coming against antichrist, somehow instead joins antichrist in the fight against Christ in Armageddon. Rev 16:12-16. Jesus warns that he is coming in Rev 16:15 and he does come during the 7th bowl. Rev 16:17-21. The resurrection occurs during the 7th bowl. God the Father is present with the Son at that time.
As I said, I view the latter part of Dan 11 as referring to Antiochus 4. But I've had similar views to yours in the past.
Compare the throne of God plus an earthquake: Rev 6:16 "him who sits on the throne," "every mountain and island was moved"
Rev 4:5 thunders and lightnings and voices signify the throne of God and are found making an earthquake in Rev 8:5, Rev 11:19, and Rev 16:18.
Compare Jesus coming with hail, the great day which is the last day, the winepress in Rev 6:16-17, Rev 11:19, Rev 14:18-20, Rev 16:21, and Rev 19:15.
I believe the presence of the Father shakes the earth, just as it did at the giving of the 10 commandments on Mt. Sinai. Any enemies of God who survive the shaking will be squashed as grapes by the hail that Jesus will bring.
Yes, I was recently in a thunderstorm where the lightning and thunder were near simultaneous, and it seemed we were almost hit by it. It was somewhat terrifying! But we knew God was in charge. All of these kinds of paraphernalia, associated with the end of the age, indicate God's judgment will be decisive and shocking. Often, God seems silent to the world, and when He does something like this, people are in shock.
In Dan 9:26, "the prince who is to come" is the spiritual power in Rome. It is this spiritual power that ensures the future covenant in verse 27. Through the spiritual power of Rome and the armies of Dan 11:40-45 under the spiritual "prince of Greece", the 6th trumpet armies, Jewish animal sacrifice will end and the abomination of desolation will be set up. This is the start of the great tribulation.
Again, I see Dan 11 as about Antiochus, but we agree that the "prince to come" refers to Roman leadership. Rome controlled Israel in Jesus' time, and was used by God to both execute Jesus and to have Jerusalem destroyed, along with the temple worship.

It's interesting that my Bible version speaks of a "confirmation" of a covenant, as opposed to *making a covenant.* That's why I think Rome is actually being used as a tool to confirm God's judgment against Israel for her sins.

God had made a covenant with Israel to either bless them or curse them, depending on their obedience. Rome confirmed the covenant's guarantee of destruction for those who disobeyed the covenant.

I could be wrong in this, but it's just my present view of things. Thanks for indulging me!

InfamousBerean

Jul 22, 2023
North East Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you ever paralleled the final seal, trumpet and bowl?

Have you ever read that red text right before the 7th bowl? I'll give you a hint read Matthew 24 and the first few chapters of revelation.

While one or two of the same signs would be Coincidental, the same 4 repeated throughout scripture makes any reasonable person admit these do seem to speak about the same event.

Now that I have stirred things up I'm sure several people are going to tell me what's what.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230722_214521_Microsoft 365 (Office).jpg
    Screenshot_20230722_214521_Microsoft 365 (Office).jpg
    495.7 KB · Views: 1