The myth of grace-only & easy-believism shattered forever

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to Scripture - God's name is "I AM who AM" or "YHVH".

Does YOUR sect baptize in the name of "I AM who AM" or "YHVH"??
We obey Peter anf Jesus and baptize in the Son’s proper name....Jesus.

Do Catholics know what the name of the son of God is?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YOU first.
I asked YOU a question based on YOUR claim: "The infallible word phenomenon ended with the NT scriptures."

Can you show me where the BIBLE makes this claim, my Sola Scripturist friend?
Chapter and Verse, please . . .

PS - while you're at it - please explain the meaning of the following Scriptures:

Matt 16:19
I will give YOU the keys to the kingdom of heaven. WHATEVER YOU bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and WHATEVER YOU LOOSE on earth shall be loosed in heaven."

Matt. 18:18
Amen, I say to you, WHATEVER YOU bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and WHATEVER YOU LOOSE on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

John 20:23
Whose sins YOU FORGIVE are forgiven them, and whose sins YOU RETAIN are retained.”

I'll be more than happy to answer YOUR question when YOU have answered mine.
All that authority given to Peter per those verses you posted and you still refuse to obey Acts 2:38?

All that and you still don’t believe the name of the Son of God is Jesus?

All that and you Catholics are terrified to say “in the name of Jesus Christ “ as you baptize?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, that was the Father speaking through His son.
The name of the son according to Matthew 1 is Jesus.
I baptize in the son’s name...Jesus.
Do you say the name of the son or do you parrot the title of the son when baptizing?
Uhhhh, no - that was GOD speaking.
The Son is God (John 1:1).

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All that authority given to Peter per those verses you posted and you still refuse to obey Acts 2:38?
All that and you still don’t believe the name of the Son of God is Jesus?
All that and you Catholics are terrified to say “in the name of Jesus Christ “ as you baptize?
How did JESUS command the Apostles to Baptize??
Matt. 28:19
"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit"

Hate to break this to you but Jesus was Peter's Master.
When in doubt - do what Christ said to do . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh I see now.
Any Christian from any belief system can bind and loose with Peters promise.
That was a universal command to all Christians in the disguise of a lone promise to Peter.

Also, all Christians get a set of keys to the kingdom like Peter to start their own Pentecost.
You just reduced Jesus’ promise and Peter to nothing, Roman Catholic.
Nope - just Peter and his successors . . .

By the way - calling me "Roman Catholic" when you're angry isn't an insult. I wear that with pride, as I belong to Christ.
Thanks!!

Reactions: RogerDC

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We obey Peter anf Jesus and baptize in the Son’s proper name....Jesus.
Do Catholics know what the name of the son of God is?
For one thing, Einstein - Peter said to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. "Jesus Christ" isn't His "proper" name - "Jesus" is.
"Christ" is His TITLE.

So, if YOU are Baptizing in the "proper name" of Jesus Christ - you're screwing up . . .

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
BreadofSatanslife: eat that cake you baked for the queen of heaven -Ishtar.
You have put the incense to your nose until you can understand nothing!
No Catholic will enter teh kingdom of heaven that Jesus will set up on Earth. Popey will lead you all into the fires of Armageddon - just as so many evil priests and nuns have burned children's fingers in candle flames!
I perceive that you are a genius.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For one thing, Einstein - Peter said to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. "Jesus Christ" isn't His "proper" name - "Jesus" is.
"Christ" is His TITLE.

So, if YOU are Baptizing in the "proper name" of Jesus Christ - you're screwing up . . .
Then Peter blew it in Acts 2:38?

Okay.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope - just Peter and his successors . . .

By the way - calling me "Roman Catholic" when you're angry isn't an insult. I wear that with pride, as I belong to Christ.
Thanks!!
Nobody can take Peter's keys to the kingdom. He alone was given them for Pentecost, Acts 8(Samaritans) and Acts 10(Gentiles).

Nor can you take his binding and loosing authority, so don't be an authority thief.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How did JESUS command the Apostles to Baptize??
Matt. 28:19
"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit"

Hate to break this to you but Jesus was Peter's Master.
When in doubt - do what Christ said to do . . .
Peter was wrong in Acts 2:38 when he baptized everyone in the name of Jesus Christ, then wrong in the rest of Acts for saying the particular name of Jesus Christ when baptizing?
Paul was wrong too in Acts 19?

Or, is the name of the son, "Jesus" and they knew what Jesus was describing in Matt 28:19?

Which is it?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Uhhhh, no - that was GOD speaking.
The Son is God (John 1:1).
10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works....

24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GOD'S name is "I AM who AM" (YHVH) - and the Son is God.
John 4:24
24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Jesus described himself as God here?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 4:24
24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Jesus described himself as God here?
No - He described himself as God HERE:

John 8:57-59

So the Jews said to him, “You are not yet fifty years old, and have you seen Abraham?” Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.” So they picked up stones to throw at him, but Jesus hid himself and went out of the temple.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works....

24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.
Soooo, why are you moving the goal posts?
We were talking about John 8:57-59, where He was speaking for HIMSELF:

John 8:57-59
So the Jews said to him, “You are not yet fifty years old, and have you seen Abraham?” Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.” So they picked up stones to throw at him, but Jesus hid himself and went out of the temple.

Pay attention . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Peter was wrong in Acts 2:38 when he baptized everyone in the name of Jesus Christ, then wrong in the rest of Acts for saying the particular name of Jesus Christ when baptizing?
Paul was wrong too in Acts 19?
Or, is the name of the son, "Jesus" and they knew what Jesus was describing in Matt 28:19?
Which is it?
Ummmm, once again - Peter wasn't wrong - YOU are.

Peter
was merely telling the people that they needed to be Baptized into Christ - and the Baptism of Christ, PER Christ is:
In the name of the FATHER and of the SON and of the HOLY SPIRIT.

NOT that difficult to grasp . . .

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ummmm, once again - Peter wasn't wrong - YOU are.

Peter
was merely telling the people that they needed to be Baptized into Christ - and the Baptism of Christ, PER Christ is:
In the name of the FATHER and of the SON and of the HOLY SPIRIT.

NOT that difficult to grasp . . .
Really?

So Acts 2,8,10 and 19 was not really in the name of Jesus, but titles Father/Son/Holy Ghost?