The myth of grace-only & easy-believism shattered forever

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It seems to me that Jesus gave the power to remit and retain sins to the same people that He gave the Holy Ghost to.
So what happened to that power? Did it die out? If so, what was the point of Jesus giving them that power in the first place?

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The fact of the matter is that I am preaching the message of salvation and those who reject it will not have salvation.
Your "faith alone" message of salvation is false. You're a blind guide and a false teacher ... as is the mad cult you belong to.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Below Jesus there are sub-mediators -

Then 1 Timothy 2:5 is untrue...for it says that there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

What do mean by “the blood of Jesus Christ” is “all-sufficient to bring forgiveness”? Does that mean the Cross has covered and granted forgiveness for all the sins a believer will ever commit in his life-time?

It means that the blood of Jesus is all you need...and Mary is not also the redeemer.

In that case, how do you explain this? …
"Jesus said to them again, ‘Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, even so I send you.’ And when he has said this, he breathed on them, and said to them, 'Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained'" (John 20:21-23).

1 John 1:9 says that we can confess our sins to the Lord and will be forgiven. If you sin against someone who has the Holy Spirit, then you are forgiven or not forgiven based on their forgiveness or retaining of your sin. This is not talking about confessing your sins to a priest. That is nowhere in the immediate context.

justbyfaith is very sensitive - he'll report you if you afflict him with sarcasm.

Are you the one that I reported? it was not for sarcasm that I reported you...but for attempting to disparage salvational truths that I am preaching.

What is the name of your cult?

Mustard Seed Fellowship.

I would like to join it - just for the laughs!

Consider yourself accepted (Ephesians 1:6)...to the cult...not necessarily to a relationship with Christ.

Your "faith alone" message of salvation is false. You're a blind guide and a false teacher ...

It is absolutely true and faithful to sound doctrine of the holy scriptures.

as is the mad cult you belong to.

I don't just belong to it...I'm the leader. :cool: :eek:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because I asked the Lord to make me the leader of a cult that has as its primary attribute sound doctrine through and through...that would later be recognized as such as sound doctrine spreads like good leaven throughout the church.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jhn 6:66, From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.
Jhn 6:67, Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away?
Jhn 6:68, Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Bible says this....

There is one God and one mediator between God and man, the man Christ Jesus.

It surely does not say a sinner priest is the mediator.

Jesus is my mediator, not a man in a black box with a vail between me and him, as if he is the Holy of Holies behind the tabernacle vail.
I suspect a lot of folks reject Catholic theology because they're not intellectually equipped to comprehend it. I'd say it's no coincidence that most Catholic-hating fundamentalists are of below-average IQ. The other factor worth considering is that unintelligent folks tend to be gullible and easy to mislead.
But the good news is, God is merciful and will take their lack of intelligence into consideration on Judgement Day.

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Bible says this....

There is one God and one mediator between God and man, the man Christ Jesus.

It surely does not say a sinner priest is the mediator.

Jesus is my mediator, not a man in a black box with a vail between me and him, as if he is the Holy of Holies behind the tabernacle vail.
Your comments prove you don't understand the import of John 20:21-23.

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Let’s do this again to see if it adds up.

There is one God, and one mediator between God and man, the man Christ Jesus.

Sub mediator in between full mediator or one mediator?
Yes, that is what John 20:21-13 is about. Jesus gave certain powers to a select group of male disciples, who in effect act as mediators between the faithful and "the man, Jesus Christ".
If you were a Catholic, you would have been taught the truth and understand what that passage is referring to.

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Actually, Rome still rules the Anglican Church spiritually. She is Rome’s daughter. The harlot of Rev still has daughters teaching parts of her doctrines.
You should read about John Henry Newman, who was an Anglican priest who believed the Pope was the antichrist. But upon studying the history of the early Church, he came to believe that the Roman Catholic Church was in fact the same very Church describes in Acts. Acting on this knowledge, he converted to Catholicism and rose to the rank of Cardinal, which is only one step below the rank of Pope.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'd say it's no coincidence that most Catholic-hating fundamentalists are of below-average IQ.

My I.Q. was 180 when I was tested at the age of 3.

Of course, I don't hate Catholics...I love them...I try to win them out of Catholicism. (but I do consider myself to be a fundamentalist)

But this is only a small aspect of my ministry...for I am seeking to save those of all religions to a living and saving faith in Jesus Christ.

And let me say upfront that I do not believe that I am Him...

Now, He must increase, but I must decrease.

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Actually, Rome still rules the Anglican Church spiritually. She is Rome’s daughter. The harlot of Rev still has daughters teaching parts of her doctrines.
Droves of Anglicans are leaving that false Church and entering the one true Church - the RCC. Praise the Lord - some of the lost sheep are being found! Why don't you join them?

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Ethiopian eunuch just found water. That worked fine. They went down into the water together.
They would not have fit in an RCC water dropper.
To follow your doctrine of being baptised just as John the Baptist did it, that eunuch must have been baptised in the Jordan River.

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If I may, the one true church was never given a name.
Really? The first recorded use of the name, "the Catholic Church", to officially describe the early Church was in 106AD.

Last edited:

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Any church that does not have the exact doctrine and experience as the one true, first century church is a different church.
How do you know what the "exact doctrine and experience as the one true, first century church" was? The NT doesn't say all the "exact doctrine and experience" of the 1st century Church is recorded therein (… knowing full well that that irrelevant verse from Timothy will be offered as a proof text for Sola Scriptura).

Furthermore, your interpretation of 1st-century doctrine won't agree with what other Protestants claim is 1st-century doctrine - so which one of you is correct?

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Because I asked the Lord to make me the leader of a cult that has as its primary attribute sound doctrine through and through...that would later be recognized as such as sound doctrine spreads like good leaven throughout the church.
This is perhaps your funniest joke yet! "sound doctrine through and thorough" - hilarious!
Someone buy that man a beer!