The potential of the new creation in Christ.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Greetings to all!

How much potential do we have as new creations in Christ to do exploits for God? How many potential Paul's and Peter's are there among us?

Jesus said...

"Verily, verily I say unto you, except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: But if it die it bringeth forth much fruit." <a href="http://www.biblestudents.com/htdbv5/htdb0043.htm#John12:24">John 12:24.

He meant this about His own death that would bring life to many.

We, usually leave the import of this reality in it's first stage...our foundation, but neglect to build in the same fashion. We must also die in order to bring forth fruit. We have received a seed...but we will not bear the fruit we have the potential for unless that seed fall into good ground and DIE. We then are raised in newness of life in order to bear fruit to eternity.

Another aspect of this truth is that we tend to abide alone...as in "it abideth alone"...

Being a Christian is not an individual pursuit, but rather a communal witness to the world of the body of Christ and the nature of the kingdom that is coming. "See how they love one another!' is our witness to the world. The world will know us when we show the love and unity towards one another.

[sup]16[/sup] Or what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For we are the temple of the living God; just as God said,
“I WILL DWELL IN THEM AND WALK AMONG THEM;
AND I WILL BE THEIR GOD, AND THEY SHALL BE MY PEOPLE.
[sup]17[/sup] “Therefore, COME OUT FROM THEIR MIDST AND BE SEPARATE,” says the Lord.
“AND DO NOT TOUCH WHAT IS UNCLEAN;
And I will welcome you.
[sup]18[/sup] “And I will be a father to you,
And you shall be sons and daughters to Me,”
Says the Lord Almighty.

Jesus died to bring us into His community of the Father and the Holy Spirit. But we have stopped short of entering into the body which is the community of God on earth. Once God is present in us He wishes to impart His power by walking IN OUR MIDST. But sadly, we don't accept that truth.

We would rather be contented with whatever gifts we can receive and have for ourselves.

But God wants us to be joined one to another in a life commitment as in the early church. From there He will show Himself to the world as being in our midst. We must die to the idea that we have our own life to live. We are created to be a divine community. That is our witness and our testimony.

Let us not fall short of the purpose of our salvation and grace. We need to be joined to God in Christ through the Spirit and to each other in an ongoing community of selfless sacrifice.

Reactions: Prentis

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It is good to realize that once we are abiding in Christ and He in us, we must take our place and be fitted into the Body. Jesus Christ walks in our midst when we are committed to one another as well as to Him. This second step completes the potential for a full attainment in Christ. Otherwise we are just half what we can become. In fact, very few will grow WITHOUT being so connected.

Can a finger grow on it's own? Or will it shrivel up and die without the connection to the body?

lawrance

Mar 30, 2011
Yes as we abide in the vine we must bear fruit.

There was a fig tree that was cursed ?

Nathaniel was under a fig tree and he knew who Jesus was at his coming ?

If we can drop everything and come to Jesus Christ then we will be blessed.

Let the Spirit in Christ guide you first and foremost as all the worldly things come 2ed to our Lord and Saviour, we must abide in him as there is no other way.

Reactions: Prentis