the protected class.. versus the rest of us

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScaliaFan

Apr 2, 2016
There is in this country (and everywhere else) a protected class

these are the politicians in high places

the celebrities

and the clergy, esp those on TV

Because they are recognized by many, they are given a patina of "royalty" or "special-0ness" and people look up to them and listen to them and live by their "rules" or philosphy, sometimes listening to them and going along w/ them even when they are wrong, even when they are OBVIOUSLY wrong

forget the politicians for now.. i wanted to talk about the clergy.

A lot of them give us this pollyanna stuff about ... well, it is all happines and light and etc... Love everyone, you people, you parishioners... even love the gays and the crooks and the liars..

Sure, that is true.. we are to love them.. which means PRAYING for them mostly, b/c you can't stand to be around them.. OOPS! I mean, you... well, you have to obey 2 Cor 6:14 which says not to have fellowship with those who do not believe as you do.. be not uneqally yoked, etc..

So we have to love them, but some are so sold out to the devil.. have to love them from a distance.. But what bugs me is when they (clergy) never talk about God's justice, never talk about Hell or even Purgatory.. I can't recall the last homily i heard about Purgatory... it's like everyone goes to Heaven! or something... PLEASE!

i have seen and experienced so much... and i know this is not true, that everyone "makes it"

i would know by experience alone, but then there is this that is more believable.. to you folks who don't know a hting about said experiences..

Jesus told us that "few" find the "narrow way"

ScaliaFan

Apr 2, 2016
I am sick of clergy who never warn people of Hell... Is that caring about the flock? NO

all this "mercy" stuff.

and yet God would seem not too merciful... since, as Jesus said, few make it.. few find that narrow way.

I guess God himself doesn't have "mercy"? So why do humans have mercy so called where God does not? Yet how can there be mercy is there is no justice? God is merciful but He is not unjust..

I realize my words sound overly simplistic. I'm always pressed 4 time, and don't have time to be eloquent (although that does not mean i am not capable of eloquence :))

But anyway, what i mean is that, as ST Augustine said God made us without our consent but He does not save us without it... something 2 that effect. God does not overtake someone, force him to repent and voila, he gets to Heaven! doesn't happen that way..

Again Jesus tells us that most end up in Hell (paraphrase)

why do not PASTORS tell us this kind of thing?

I think it is b/c they want to be popular or some such nonsense

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States

the celebrities

Because they are recognized by many, they are given a patina of "royalty" or "special-0ness" and people look up to them and listen to them and live by their "rules" or philosphy, sometimes listening to them and going along w/ them even when they are wrong, even when they are OBVIOUSLY wrong

A lot of them give us this pollyanna stuff about ... well, it is all happines and light and etc... Love everyone, you people, you parishioners... even love the gays and the crooks and the liars..

Sure, that is true.. we are to love them.. which means PRAYING for them mostly, b/c you can't stand to be around them.. OOPS! I mean, you... well, you have to obey 2 Cor 6:14 which says not to have fellowship with those who do not believe as you do.. be not uneqally yoked, etc..

So we have to love them, but some are so sold out to the devil.. have to love them from a distance.. But what bugs me is when they (clergy) never talk about God's justice, never talk about Hell or even Purgatory.. I can't recall the last homily i heard about Purgatory... it's like everyone goes to Heaven! or something... PLEASE!

i have seen and experienced so much... and i know this is not true, that everyone "makes it"

i would know by experience alone, but then there is this that is more believable.. to you folks who don't know a hting about said experiences..

No one finds the narrow way due to the fact that there is no "narrow way" There is only the untrodden path, and only Christ could walk it, therefore no one gets to find Jesus, and he states this as well. He says, "you didn't choose me, but I chose you."

The Pharisees love to point out how screwed up everyone else is, and Jesus points out to them that they're going to get a front row seat as all of the degenerates go prancing into paradise ahead of them. “Amen, I say to you, tax collectors and prostitutes are entering the kingdom of God before you.” (Matt 21:31) . Now a Pharisee might think in his heart, "hey, so what? At least I'm going to be getting into heaven, right?" Wrong. It's just as I pointed out. They will be entering into the kingdom in front of them; they will witness them as they enter their rest; then the Pharisees get to jump into the fire.

7angels

Aug 13, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ScaliaFan said:

the celebrities

how many christians are in the world do you think? i heard at last count that 1/3 of the world population was christian. also i heard that of those only 10% of those christians live the christian lifestyle. most christians claim to be christian but you cannot tell them apart from the gentiles. so if 90% of all pastors, boardman, councilmen, and ect are all lead by the flesh instead of by the Spirit then it is easy to see how the clergy became so corrupted. so instead of worrying about the things God wants to impart these leaders are imparting what the people want to hear so they do not lose their tithes, membership, and ect. the leadership has come to the point where they are trying to keep their member happy instead of preaching what God wants so lessons about hell cause the members to be convicted and thus will cause immature christian members to leave that church for another taking their money with them. members like to hear about OSAS, hyper grace, and other sermons that make them feel good so they do not have to worry about changing their lifestyle.

God bless