The Reality of the Millennial Kingdom

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You implied just revealing the 'tares' in the parable of the tares of the field is like cursing them. It is no such thing. Our Lord Jesus gave the explanation of that parable and told us the tares represent the children of the wicked one, the devil, and that he sowed them. If such a revelation hurts your ears, then it shows you're not meant to understand that parable of the tares.

Then I’m sorry because I didn’t mean to imply you were cursing the tares by pointing them out. (Matthew 13:30) (Matthew 13:49-50)
[49] So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just, [50] And shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Luke 5:31-32
[31] And Jesus answering said unto them, They that are whole need not a physician; but they that are sick. [32] I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Revelation 1:15 And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters. (Isaiah 52:7).what is He doing in the furnace? Walking. Daniel 3:23
[23] And these three men, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego, fell down bound into the midst of the burning fiery furnace. ...Daniel 3:25
[25] He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God.

Ephesians 4:8-10
[8] Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men. [9] (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth? [10] He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)

Since he led captivity captive...doesn't all captivity belong to Him who took it captive?...So how can one lead into captivity and go into captivity when captivity belongs to the Lord? Revelation 13:9-10
[9] If any man have an ear, let him hear. [10] He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.

All I’m suggesting is we should be careful in leading someone into captivity. (Not suggesting you are). Only discussing the tares bound and burned. Going into the fire could be the very thing that sets them free. Revelation 1:18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.
He and He alone; captive over captivity...has the keys of hell and of death. John 8:36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Babylon Harlot of Revelation is a "great city" as written at the end of Revelation 17.

It is pointing to the beast kingdom of Rev.13 being ruled over all nations and peoples from that "great city". It represents the Antichrist's future headquarters on earth.

Our Lord Jesus and Apostle Paul well warned us about that coming Antichrist. He is coming to Jerusalem to play Messiah (per Matt.24:23-26), which is what Paul warned with his sitting in the temple of God (a rebuilt temple in Jerusalem), and claiming to be God (per 2 Thessalonians 2).

Thus the Babylon Harlot, a "great city", will be Jerusalem in false worship again in the last days prior to Christ's return.

Do we agree with the ten horns, who shall hate the whore? And give their kingdom unto the beast? Revelation 17:16-17 And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the whore, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire. [17] For God hath put in their hearts to fulfil his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of God shall be fulfilled.

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Matthew 25, our Lord Jesus did not include His Revelation about His 1,000 years reign over the nations, which are those goats on the left hand. So it is error to skip His Revelation about the wicked in favor of just stopping at Matthew 25 short summary with their being thrown into the fire. Furthermore, as He showed Zechariah in Zechariah 14, He revealed the continued existence into His future millennial reign of those left of the nations that come up against Israel on the last day of this world. So those in His day hearing Matthew 25 would have already understood those goats don't immediately go into the lake of fire at His return on the day of the Lord.

Well, you probably won't like this one but I believe Zech. 14 to be post millennium, not pre.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then I’m sorry because I didn’t mean to imply you were cursing the tares by pointing them out. (Matthew 13:30) (Matthew 13:49-50)
[49] So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just, [50] And shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Don't forget Christ's future "thousand years" reign with His elect prior to their casting into the future lake of fire. See also Zechariah 14.

Luke 5:31-32
[31] And Jesus answering said unto them, They that are whole need not a physician; but they that are sick. [32] I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Revelation 1:15 And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters. (Isaiah 52:7).what is He doing in the furnace? Walking. Daniel 3:23
[23] And these three men, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego, fell down bound into the midst of the burning fiery furnace. ...Daniel 3:25
[25] He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God.

The hot fiery furnace of Daniel 3 is an example of God's consuming fire on the last day of this world when Jesus returns to gather His Church. It will not burn us, but like Neb's servants in Dan.3 that just got near that fiery furnace, it incinerated them.

Ephesians 4:8-10
[8] Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men. [9] (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth? [10] He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)

Since he led captivity captive...doesn't all captivity belong to Him who took it captive?...So how can one lead into captivity and go into captivity when captivity belongs to the Lord? Revelation 13:9-10
[9] If any man have an ear, let him hear. [10] He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.

All I’m suggesting is we should be careful in leading someone into captivity. (Not suggesting you are). Only discussing the tares bound and burned. Going into the fire could be the very thing that sets them free. Revelation 1:18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.
He and He alone; captive over captivity...has the keys of hell and of death. John 8:36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

Paul in that Ephesians passage is speaking to the Church, not to the wicked. Universalism is a doctrine of men, not in God's Word. Not everyone's sin is automatically covered by Jesus' death on the cross. Each soul must believe on Jesus Christ, no other way of Salvation.

And no, going into the lake of fire is not.. a path of freedom for them. Only belief on Christ Jesus is, and it is open to them also, IF... they will believe and be converted. The future lake of fire is a destruction by God, so definitely don't want to go against God in that! Even after seeing God in the future, many of them will still reject Him, so we don't want them around in His Eternity, as there won't be a rebellion the second time. And in Psalms 37, He shows they won't be around.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, you probably won't like this one but I believe Zech. 14 to be post millennium, not pre.

Yeah, I can't agree with that.

The "day of the Lord" events mentioned there is for the day of His return, as it joins the Acts 1 Scripture, and Scripture about His gathering His Church and fighting Armageddon on that day, are all represented there.

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thus the Babylon Harlot, a "great city", will be Jerusalem in false worship again in the last days prior to Christ's return.
That is one option but the full description of that "Babylon" when you including Rev. 18 cannot be Jerusalem.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do we agree with the ten horns, who shall hate the whore? And give their kingdom unto the beast? Revelation 17:16-17 And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the whore, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire. [17] For God hath put in their hearts to fulfil his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of God shall be fulfilled.

Well, per Revelation, the ten horns, seven heads, and ten crowns involve the first beast description in Rev.13:1-2. Rev.17 gives more info, and also shows the whore as a "great city", so our Lord Jesus was giving us more info in Rev.17 about both the beast kingdom and... the beast king (the 7th king), and the ten kings represented by the ten horns.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, per Revelation, the ten horns, seven heads, and ten crowns involve the first beast description in Rev.13:1-2. Rev.17 gives more info, and also shows the whore as a "great city", so our Lord Jesus was giving us more info in Rev.17 about both the beast kingdom and... the beast king (the 7th king), and the ten kings represented by the ten horns.

That is not an answer. I asked if we agree.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Here's the problem. Jesus is already the King of Kings and Lord of Lords (Eph 1:20), and that has nothing to do with me 'naysaying' anything.
Did you even read and digest the passage quoted from Daniel? Is Jesus ruling Communist China and Cuba or are the Communists in control? Is Jesus ruling Russia, North Korea, Iran, Venezuela, or any other country right now, or are evil despots and lying politicians in control? Did you even try to understand what that passage was telling you?

When Christ returns to earth at His Second Coming, every kingdom and nation will be under His absolute control! Do you even have a clue as to what that means, or are you more committed to your false theology than the truth?

Last edited:

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, I can't agree with that.

The "day of the Lord" events mentioned there is for the day of His return, as it joins the Acts 1 Scripture, and Scripture about His gathering His Church and fighting Armageddon on that day, are all represented there.
Many parts of Zech. 14 match the latter chaps of Rev. and I believe the "day of battle" from vs. 3 is Armageddon. The day of the Lord will continue until the new heavens and new earth. Consider this: Compare vs. 6 w/ Rev. 22:5, vs. 8 w/ Rev. 22:1, vs. 12 w/ Rev. 20:9, the various descriptions of Jerusalem's role can only be post not pre, vs. 16 w/ Rev. 21:26 and vs. 21 w/ Rev. 21:27.

Regarding the "great city" what is synonymous w/ Israel = Jersalem, what is synonymous w Chaldea = Babylon. Many time nations were referred to by their "great cities", what is synonymous w/ Italy = Rome. When considering trade and finances whereby other nations can be controlled, what is synonymous with America = NYC.

Last edited:

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well how about just plain common sense than. Can the same volcano erupt more than once? Is it possible that we could experience one earthquake followed by a stronger earthquake? Is it possible that a tsunami in one part of the world looks a lot like a tsunami in another part of the world. Is it possible for only part of the world to witness an eclipse? If part of the world doesn't see it, does that mean it never happened? Could a forest fire grow in size and become uncontrollable. When God says in Dan. 12 that our knowledge will increase and that concerns our understanding of prophecy as well, personally I believe it. Finally, when John is describing things that can only be understood with knowledge that we in the future now have, maybe it's time to realize that everything John is talking about is in the future and not has been happening for over 2000 yrs.?!

But we're not talking about earthquakes or volcanoes. Or at least, just those. When the bible says "earth and sky fled away", or "the sky vanished like a scroll being rolled up" (6:14; 20:11) or "every mountain and Island was removed from its place" (6:14; 16:20), these are cataclysmic, world ending events that cannot just be "reset" so we can 'go again' in another chapter.

The problem with assuming that Revelation was only meant to be understood and therefore applied over 2000 years after it was written, is the fact that the book is not wholely apocolyptic. It's also an apistle. The first 3 chapters are addressed to 'the' churches of Asia Minor. Interestingly enough, even though there are seven churches, there is only one letter...each Church reads what Jesus says to each church. And that tells us a few things: When 3:22 says:"He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches", we know that in point of fact, Jesus is talking to all churches throughout all times. Each point of praise and contention is worthy of consideration and reflection. It tells us that while only addressed to 7 churches, the letter is actually for the entire Christian church of that time. There were many more than just 7 churches in extistence at that time, and we know Christ cared for more than just 7. Again we see the number 7 being representative of completion. Those 7 churches chosen are representative of the complete church, then, and forever.
But also, because the book starts out as an epistle, we cannot ignore the fact that those churches whom it was sent to, was supposed to read the entire book, and apply it. John says in 1:3 "Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear, and who keep what is written in it, because the time is near." This tells us immediately that this book is for the contemporary Churches, just as it is for every church thereafter.

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Did you even read and digest the passage quoted from Daniel? Is Jesus ruling Communist China and Cuba or are the Communists in control? Is Jesus ruling Russia, North Korea, Iran, Venezuela, or any other country right now, or are evil despots and lying politicians in control? Did you even try to understand what that passage was telling you?

When Christ returns to earth at His Second Coming, every kingdom and nation will be under His absolute control! Do you even have a clue as to what that means, or are you more committed to your false theology than the truth?

I read just fine. How about you? Are you saying that Eph 1:20 is incorrect? Are you saying that Jesus, at this moment, is not ruling and reigning?

..and what is the immeasurable greatness of his power toward us who believe, according to the working of his great might that he worked in Christ when he raised him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly places, far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and above every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the one to come. And he put all things under his feet and gave him as head over all things to the church, which is his body, the fullness of him who fills all in all. -Ephesians 1:19–23

I don't deny that things are tough for our brothers and sisters in those other Countries. But, as God is Sovereign, that would put those matters directly in his wise and good hands for his purposes. But we cannot ignore direct scripture on what Christ is and does at this present moment...

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interestingly enough, even though there are seven churches, there is only one letter...each Church reads what Jesus says to each church.

Not quite true, there were seven letters , the scribes copied six of them because Jesus wanted to ensure that some copies would remain even if some got confiscated by the authorities. So that future generations would know what to look for and expect.

This tells us immediately that this book is for the contemporary Churches, just as it is for every church thereafter.

Yes, part of Rev. was for the actual seven churches because the scripture comes right out and says that some of it is in the past, some is in the present and some are for the future. Rev. 1:19 - "Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter."

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Not quite true, there were seven letters , the scribes copied six of them because Jesus wanted to ensure that some copies would remain even if some got confiscated by the authorities. So that future generations would know what to look for and expect.
No...I mean that each 'church' recieved the same copy. So, Ephesus recieved the letter which also had Christ's words to the other 6 churches as well. It didn't just recieve the letter to itself.

Yes, part of Rev. was for the actual seven churches because the scripture comes right out and says that some of it is in the past, some is in the present and some are for the future. Rev. 1:19 - "Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter."
The line of delineation is perhaps less clear then what Dispensationalists would prefer, however, when it comes to those categories. Much of the persecution that is described in the book, and the triumphing that came from it, even in death, was something that the early Church would have identified with and drew encouraged from.

Reactions: Trekson

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is not an answer. I asked if we agree.

With what that Rev.17:16-17 Scripture says, I agree. It's about their hating the "great city", that is the "whore" of that chapter, which is what I showed you...

Rev 17:18
18 And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.

KJV

That part about the "reigneth over the kings of the earth" shows that "great city", the whore, will be the ruling city over all the earth.

The 'hate' part by the ten kings that hate the "whore", is somewhat difficult to understand, because it's easy for many to get crossed up into thinking the whore is the deceived Church, or something else besides a ruling city, etc. It's not. The whore, the "woman", the "great city" there, is Jerusalem.

Ezekiel 16 is where God first called Jerusalem a harlot because of false worship there against Him, as He alluded to His having married Jerusalem. In the last days, Jerusalem is going to married to the Antichrist (Rev.18:7, "I sit a queen, and am no widow"). And in THAT... sense, their knowing that God had claimed Jerusalem for Himself, that... is why the ten kings will hate her, and make her desolate (by false worship).

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is one option but the full description of that "Babylon" when you including Rev. 18 cannot be Jerusalem.

I disagree.

Some men have gone into fanciful thinking with trying to create geographical limitations within those Rev.18 descriptions, and by that say it can't be Jerusalem, because they think it's talking about a port city with ships. No, it's talking about mercantilism, trafficking. It is a comparison to old Tyrus as a city of world commerce where God compared the prince and king of Tyrus to the devil himself and his riches he rebelled with per Ezek.28, such also was old Babylon also with her riches and culture, and old Babylon was not a seaport city either.

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I disagree.

Some men have gone into fanciful thinking with trying to create geographical limitations within those Rev.18 descriptions, and by that say it can't be Jerusalem, because they think it's talking about a port city with ships. No, it's talking about mercantilism, trafficking. It is a comparison to old Tyrus as a city of world commerce where God compared the prince and king of Tyrus to the devil himself and his riches he rebelled with per Ezek.28, such also was old Babylon also with her riches and culture, and old Babylon was not a seaport city either.

I'll expand my reply to this with a new topic called, Who is Babylon?

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many parts of Zech. 14 match the latter chaps of Rev. and I believe the "day of battle" from vs. 3 is Armageddon. The day of the Lord will continue until the new heavens and new earth. Consider this: Compare vs. 6 w/ Rev. 22:5, vs. 8 w/ Rev. 22:1, vs. 12 w/ Rev. 20:9, the various descriptions of Jerusalem's role can only be post not pre, vs. 16 w/ Rev. 21:26 and vs. 21 w/ Rev. 21:27.

I see the Zech.14:6 & Rev.22:5 connection, but notice Rev.22:14-15 is about the Millennial timing because the wicked are still existing outside the gates of the holy city. So I don't believe everything in the Rev.22 is post-Millennial timing. We have to be careful with thinking the millennial timeline ended with Rev.20 and that we are immediately in the new heavens and new earth with everything written in Rev.21 & 22. It's almost like our Lord Jesus was testing us, to see if we would actually pay attention to the events written in each verse, and not just assume He was always showing a sequential order of events. In essence then, that Rev.22:5 connection can simply be about the start of His reign with His elect on the day of the Lord, which is when that actually begins, and I believe Zech.14 is pointing to. I don't see anything in Zech.14 pointing to the new heavens and new earth timing.

Those waters of Zech.14:8 refer to God's River on earth. Ezekiel 47 is showing it flowing out of the Millennial sanctuary, which when the millennium is over, that sanctuary of Ezekiel will no longer exist. So Zech.14:8 is not new heavens and new earth timing either.

With Zech.14:12 compared to Rev.20:9, those are two separate events. On the last day of this present world, the day when Jesus returns to gather His Church, that is going to involve God's consuming fire event burning man's works off the earth which Apostle Peter said will occur on the "day of the Lord" that will come "as a thief in the night". That "as a thief in the night" timing is important, and makes sure we know that event will happen on the day of Christ's coming in the clouds, as a surprise upon the earth. We shouldn't let any symbolic understanding of that day representing a thousand years to corrupt our Lord Jesus' and His Apostle's meaning about it, for even our Lord Jesus said He comes "as a thief" (Rev.16:15). The consuming fire event at the end of the Rev.20 millennium is a different event, and will only burn up those nations that come up against the "camp of the saints" and "beloved city", and just that is a different time pointer, because Jerusalem on earth will not be that "camp of the saints" until Jesus returns and begins His reign with His elect there for a thousand years, and that certainly has not yet happened today.

Regarding the "great city" what is synonymous w/ Israel = Jersalem, what is synonymous w Chaldea = Babylon. Many time nations were referred to by their "great cities", what is synonymous w/ Italy = Rome. When considering trade and finances whereby other nations can be controlled, what is synonymous with America = NYC.

The Babylon harlot, a "great city", where our Lord Jesus used OT symbology from ancient Babylon, is a way, way bigger matter than comparing just any city of commerce like New York, etc. Like I pointed to in other posts about the Babylon harlot, the proper back reference is Satan's rebellion of old.

In Isaiah 14, God says to take up a 'proverb' to the king of Babylon. The meaning for proverb there is the same as a parable, or allegory. We think He is pointing only to the flesh king of Babylon, but in reality by the time we get to verse 12, we know he is also using an allegory to Lucifer himself, and how the devil wants to be God, and worshiped as God. In Ezekiel 28 God is doing a similar thing, comparing the flesh prince and king of Tyrus (rock) to the devil who was a covering cherub originally perfect in his ways. In Ezekiel 31, the allegory goes even deeper, back to the time before Satan rebelled when he was exalted and served God, and then fell.

This is where many brethren are being deceived in not understanding what happened between our Heavenly Father and Lucifer in that time of old, before this world. This final event on earth for the last days involving Jerusalem and the Antichrist (devil himself on earth in plain sight) is how huge an ending it will be. Those men on earth today that serve Lucifer are working to bring his world kingdom about so he can step in rule on a throne in Jerusalem in God's place. It's the most serious work of deception ever to happen on earth since Lucifer drew a third of the angels into rebellion with him in that time of old.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll expand my reply to this with a new topic called, Who is Babylon?

Like what was the history of old Babylon?

Firstly, the way our Lord Jesus used Babylon in His Book of Revelation is with pointing to the idea of a harlot which He showed for the end is a "great city" (Rev.17). Even though one can go off on tangents about historical Babylon, even with some who like to think that Iraq is somehow going to rebuild the literal geographical city of Babylon again and make it great again, our Lord Jesus did point us in a specific direction for how He used the Babylon symbol. And that must always be our guide in understanding the Revelation symbology He used.

Secondly, in understanding God's Word, we are to allow Scripture to interpret Scripture. So before we can go off on tangents about the Revelation Babylon as a symbol, we have to have first understood where else in His Word He made these kind of comparisons. I just mentioned two of them in previous posts, one about Tyrus and another about the king of Babylon. But the main one is about the idea of Jerusalem as a harlot in Ezekiel 16.

God speaking about Jerusalem:

Ezek 16:14-42
14 And thy renown went forth among the heathen for thy beauty: for it was perfect through my comeliness, which I had put upon thee, saith the Lord GOD.
15 But thou didst trust in thine own beauty, and playedst the harlot because of thy renown, and pouredst out thy fornications on every one that passed by; his it was.
16 And of thy garments thou didst take, and deckedst thy high places with divers colours, and playedst the harlot thereupon: the like things shall not come, neither shall it be so.
17 Thou hast also taken thy fair jewels of My gold and of My silver, which I had given thee, and madest to thyself images of men, and didst commit whoredom with them,
18 And tookest thy broidered garments, and coveredst them: and thou hast set Mine oil and Mine incense before them.
19 My meat also which I gave thee, fine flour, and oil, and honey, wherewith I fed thee, thou hast even set it before them for a sweet savour: and thus it was, saith the Lord GOD.
20 Moreover thou hast taken thy sons and thy daughters, whom thou hast borne unto Me, and these hast thou sacrificed unto them to be devoured. Is this of thy whoredoms a small matter,
21 That thou hast slain My children, and delivered them to cause them to pass through the fire for them?
22 And in all thine abominations and thy whoredoms thou hast not remembered the days of thy youth, when thou wast naked and bare, and wast polluted in thy blood.
23 And it came to pass after all thy wickedness, (woe, woe unto thee! saith the Lord GOD;)
24 That thou hast also built unto thee an eminent place, and hast made thee an high place in every street.
25 Thou hast built thy high place at every head of the way, and hast made thy beauty to be abhorred, and hast opened thy feet to every one that passed by, and multiplied thy whoredoms.
26 Thou hast also committed fornication with the Egyptians thy neighbours, great of flesh; and hast increased thy whoredoms, to provoke Me to anger.
27 Behold, therefore I have stretched out My hand over thee, and have diminished thine ordinary food, and delivered thee unto the will of them that hate thee, the daughters of the Philistines, which are ashamed of thy lewd way.
28 Thou hast played the whore also with the Assyrians, because thou wast unsatiable; yea, thou hast played the harlot with them, and yet couldest not be satisfied.
29 Thou hast moreover multiplied thy fornication in the land of Canaan unto Chaldea; and yet thou wast not satisfied herewith.
30 How weak is thine heart, saith the Lord GOD, seeing thou doest all these things, the work of an imperious whorish woman;
31 In that thou buildest thine eminent place in the head of every way, and makest thine high place in every street; and hast not been as an harlot, in that thou scornest hire;
32 But as a wife that committeth adultery, which taketh strangers instead of her husband!
33 They give gifts to all whores: but thou givest thy gifts to all thy lovers, and hirest them, that they may come unto thee on every side for thy whoredom.
34 And the contrary is in thee from other women in thy whoredoms, whereas none followeth thee to commit whoredoms: and in that thou givest a reward, and no reward is given unto thee, therefore thou art contrary.
35 Wherefore, O harlot, hear the word of the LORD:
36 Thus saith the Lord GOD; Because thy filthiness was poured out, and thy nakedness discovered through thy whoredoms with thy lovers, and with all the idols of thy abominations, and by the blood of thy children, which thou didst give unto them;
37 Behold, therefore I will gather all thy lovers, with whom thou hast taken pleasure, and all them that thou hast loved, with all them that thou hast hated; I will even gather them round about against thee, and will discover thy nakedness unto them, that they may see all thy nakedness.

38 And I will judge thee, as women that break wedlock and shed blood are judged; and I will give thee blood in fury and jealousy.
39 And I will also give thee into their hand, and they shall throw down thine eminent place, and shall break down thy high places: they shall strip thee also of thy clothes, and shall take thy fair jewels, and leave thee naked and bare.
40 They shall also bring up a company against thee, and they shall stone thee with stones, and thrust thee through with their swords.
41 And they shall burn thine houses with fire, and execute judgments upon thee in the sight of many women: and I will cause thee to cease from playing the harlot, and thou also shalt give no hire any more.
42 So will I make My fury toward thee to rest, and My jealousy shall depart from thee, and I will be quiet, and will be no more angry.

KJV

There is to be a final siege against Jerusalem for the last days. It is what the coming tribulation will be about, and is the gathering of the nations against Israel just prior to Christ's return. That is what our Lord Jesus in Revelation is referring to with the Babylon Harlot mystery.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With what that Rev.17:16-17 Scripture says, I agree. It's about their hating the "great city", that is the "whore" of that chapter, which is what I showed you...

Rev 17:18
18 And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.

KJV

That part about the "reigneth over the kings of the earth" shows that "great city", the whore, will be the ruling city over all the earth.

The 'hate' part by the ten kings that hate the "whore", is somewhat difficult to understand, because it's easy for many to get crossed up into thinking the whore is the deceived Church, or something else besides a ruling city, etc. It's not. The whore, the "woman", the "great city" there, is Jerusalem.

Ezekiel 16 is where God first called Jerusalem a harlot because of false worship there against Him, as He alluded to His having married Jerusalem. In the last days, Jerusalem is going to married to the Antichrist (Rev.18:7, "I sit a queen, and am no widow"). And in THAT... sense, their knowing that God had claimed Jerusalem for Himself, that... is why the ten kings will hate her, and make her desolate (by false worship).

We don’t hate her though. (When I asked if we agree ...I meant do we agree with ten horns and beast in hating her.)

Last edited: