The Resurrection is for all people (thank you Yeshua!)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What do you believe?

• All are.

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • All are not.

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
^The saints in Heaven, being asleep in Jesus, are already in the "barn". Therefore when Jesus returns from Heaven, them will He bring with Him.
1Thes.4[14] For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know how anyone would be gathered from out of Heaven. Matthew 13:30-39 is about on earth.
[30] Let both [wheat and tares] grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say TO the reapers [harvesters], Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.
[39] The enemy that sowed them [tares] is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.
Exactly it’s on earth, but the scripture clearly states. It’s from one end of heaven to the other.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
^The saints in Heaven, being asleep in Jesus, are already in the "barn". Therefore when Jesus returns from Heaven, them will He bring with Him.
1Thes.4[14] For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
If they are looking for a new heaven then I would think they were in an old heaven

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They gather his elect.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If they are looking for a new heaven then I would think they were in an old heaven
Here is what Christians are not paying attention to, by the Mind of Christ that is within them:
2000+ years ago Jesus, the Firstborn from the dead physically Ascended in immortality unto God the Father. Ever since then, with Jesus being the very first of God's NEW creatures/creation, He has no need of anything to sustain Him from this earth. Therefore, one should ask: Is Jesus Himself the New Heaven ? Do we dare to even think it?
God does not think like us at all- Isaiah 55:8-9.

But, we do have the mind of Christ, being partakers of the divine nature. By His Holy Spirit dwelling within us, He enables us to partially participate in God's thoughts and ways. However, not many are utilizing His Mind in their daily walk IN Christ.

Now, the real clincher here is to think beyond the religion of "church-ianity", and to seriously question what it really means for Jesus to be in us, and how is it that we are in Jesus? Is Jesus Himself the KoG, aka the KoH? There are numerous KJV NT scriptures, that lead us there to that way of thinking, but we are too afraid to swim against the religious tide of "church-ianity" to say it. Isaiah 55:8-9.

"We have this treasure [of Himself] within our earthen vessels". Are we ourselves the NEW Earth in the making?
I believe that we are.

The deepest desire of God is to permanently dwell within His immortalized Saints forever. And since we will be resurrected after the immortal likeness of Jesus, who is "the Firstborn of many brethren", why would we need a global earth again, when Jesus doesn't need one NOW!
Just something to think about with His Mind, instead of our own.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Without addressing all the particulars of your questions in regards to the entire context of Revelation 12, most Christians view it as being all in the future. Unfortunately, by taking that view they exclude the mind of Christ to provide His own thoughts about it, and therefore are attempting to interpret it solely by their own natural mind/man. Isaiah 55:8-9, Zechariah 4:6.
The Revelation was given to John at the close of the first century....he was the last remaining apostle, and it was given to Jesus by his Father, so because the Revelation concerns "the Lord's Day" where John was transported in vision...it is referring to the future from John's time....I believe that we are living in its fulfillment right now.

The Mind of God thinks in the past, present and future, ALL at the same time.
I will show what I mean, in regards to the words:
this woman to “be fed for a time and times and half a time”
M
any are unaware that the appearance of Jesus and John the Baptist, was a joint ministry**, manifested and empowered by God's Holy Spirit
John's lasted for 6 months.
Jesus' lasted 3 years.
All total, that is three and a half years, aka 1260 days, a time and times and a half time.
I would have a different take on that as well....Jesus' ministry (Messiah) was prophesied in Daniel and it was his prophesy that allowed the Jews to calculate Messiah's arrival....they were in expectation him in 29 C.E. But he was to be "cut off with nothing for himself".
John B took on a role like Elijah in Jesus' day, "preparing the way of the Lord" so that Israel were in a cleansed spiritual condition in order for some to accept the "one coming after" him.

If you turn to the prophecy of Malachi, you will find in chapters three and four one of the most forceful passages concerning the “last days.” Like many other prophecies, Malachi had a message for the nation of Israel at the time it was given. It also had a measure of fulfillment when Jesus was on earth, as proved by quotations from it in the Greek Scriptures. (Malachi 3:1; Malachi 4:5-6 and Matthew 11:10, 14; Matthew 17:10-13; Luke 1:76) But, as with other prophecies, it finds its third and major fulfillment in this greatest of all critical periods....the “coming of the great and fear-inspiring day of Jehovah”......

“Look! I am sending to you E·liʹjah the prophet before the coming of the great and awe-inspiring day of Jehovah. 6 And he will turn the hearts of fathers back toward sons, and the hearts of sons back toward fathers, so that I may not come and strike the earth, devoting it to destruction.”

Jesus Christ’s public ministry began in the latter part of 29 C.E. and lasted for three and a half years. As prophesied, early in 33 C.E., Christ was “cut off” when he was executed, giving his human life as a ransom for mankind.
John's part was in preparation for Messiah's coming. His role is not that of the Messiah, so the full three and a half years was the length of Jesus' ministry.

**Edit: Zech.4[14] Then said he, These are the two anointed ones, that stand by [for] the LORD of the whole earth. Revelation 11:2-3, 12:4-6.

(Remember, God thinks and conveys His thoughts in the past, present and future all AT THE SAME TIME.).
When Jehovah gives a prophesy, it invariably has more than one fulfillment....sometimes seen in the past, present and future.

From all of the above, now all can know who the woman of faith really was, and who was doing the feeding in the wilderness.
Here are 2 clues:
1. "she was pregnant". Luke 2:25-32, Hebrews 12:22-25
2. The mount of Olives. Luke 21:37, Matthew 24:3.
No idea what that is all about, but "the woman" who is about to give birth, is no earthly woman, but is seen in heaven.
God’s words by his prophet Isaiah are directed to a city that is rescued from a condition like a childless widow, that becomes filled with children or citizens whom Jehovah God himself teaches because he is her husband.
A city is an organization, and therefore God’s woman is not one person, but is an organization of persons, all these being “joined together in oneness.” (Psalm 122:3)
The apostle Paul likens a city to a woman and he eliminates Jerusalem on earth from being God’s woman in his illustrations concerning Sarah the wife of Abraham and her Egyptian slave girl named Hagar. He refers to "the Jerusalem above is free, and she is our mother." (Galatians 4:22-31)

So I would disagree with both those points.

Last edited:

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Matthew 24:31 KJV
[31] And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
Mark's account says...."And then he will send out the angels and gather his elect from the four winds, from the ends of the earth to the ends of heaven." (Mark 13:27)

Where are the elect when Christ manifests as judge?
His "parousia" foretold in Matthew 24:3 is not the same as his "coming" (erchomai) at the judgment....these are two separate events. In giving the "sign" of his "presence" (parousia) Jesus was indicating that his 'return' was not going to be observable by all. If it was observable, no "sign" would be necessary. He also gave a range of world events that needed time to unfold, as well as a world wide preaching of the good news of the Kingdom" before "the end" would come. (Matthew 24:3-14)

During these 'last days' all of the elect who were sleeping in their graves were resurrected "first", (Revelation 20:6) and those who are still on earth when he arrives as judge will join him instantaneously, not needing to sleep in death as their fellow "kings and priests" had to do.

1 Thessalonians 4:13-17...
"But we do not want you to be uninformed, brothers, about those who are asleep, that you may not grieve as others do who have no hope. 14 For since we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so, through Jesus, God will bring with him those who have fallen asleep. 15 For this we declare to you by a word from the Lord, that we who are alive, who are left until the coming [parousia] of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16 For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord."

This is the order of events outlined by Paul....

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Revelation was given to John at the close of the first century....he was the last remaining apostle, and it was given to Jesus by his Father, so because the Revelation concerns "the Lord's Day" where John was transported in vision...it is referring to the future from John's time....I believe that we are living in its fulfillment right now.

I would have a different take on that as well....Jesus' ministry (Messiah) was prophesied in Daniel and it was his prophesy that allowed the Jews to calculate Messiah's arrival....they were in expectation him in 29 C.E. But he was to be "cut off with nothing for himself".
John B took on a role like Elijah in Jesus' day, "preparing the way of the Lord" so that Israel were in a cleansed spiritual condition in order for some to accept the "one coming after" him.

If you turn to the prophecy of Malachi, you will find in chapters three and four one of the most forceful passages concerning the “last days.” Like many other prophecies, Malachi had a message for the nation of Israel at the time it was given. It also had a measure of fulfillment when Jesus was on earth, as proved by quotations from it in the Greek Scriptures. (Malachi 3:1; Malachi 4:5-6 and Matthew 11:10, 14; Matthew 17:10-13; Luke 1:76) But, as with other prophecies, it finds its third and major fulfillment in this greatest of all critical periods....the “coming of the great and fear-inspiring day of Jehovah”......

“Look! I am sending to you E·liʹjah the prophet before the coming of the great and awe-inspiring day of Jehovah. 6 And he will turn the hearts of fathers back toward sons, and the hearts of sons back toward fathers, so that I may not come and strike the earth, devoting it to destruction.”

Jesus Christ’s public ministry began in the latter part of 29 C.E. and lasted for three and a half years. As prophesied, early in 33 C.E., Christ was “cut off” when he was executed, giving his human life as a ransom for mankind.
John's part was in preparation for Messiah's coming. His role is not that of the Messiah, so the full three and a half years was the length of Jesus' ministry.

When Jehovah gives a prophesy, it invariably has more than one fulfillment....sometimes seen in the past, present and future.

No idea what that is all about, but "the woman" who is about to give birth, is no earthly woman, but is seen in heaven.
God’s words by his prophet Isaiah are directed to a city that is rescued from a condition like a childless widow, that becomes filled with children or citizens whom Jehovah God himself teaches because he is her husband.
A city is an organization, and therefore God’s woman is not one person, but is an organization of persons, all these being “joined together in oneness.” (Psalm 122:3)
The apostle Paul likens a city to a woman and he eliminates Jerusalem on earth from being God’s woman in his illustrations concerning Sarah the wife of Abraham and her Egyptian slave girl named Hagar. He refers to "the Jerusalem above is free, and she is our mother." (Galatians 4:22-31)

So I would disagree with both those points.
Israel of faith is from whom Jesus was to come through. Simeon is one example, of whom God did speak through.
Ever since 70ad. Jerusalem on earth is fallen, being the mother of harlots, aka Mystery, Babylon the Great.
Jerusalem which is above, is the mother of us all, who were and are of faith in Jesus first appearance.

Of all people past, upto JtB and Jesus, only they had the Holy Spirit of God within them at birth. They together are the fulfillment of Zechariah 4:14.
JtB was the witness to Jesus' coming as being the Lamb of God.
Jesus was the witness to God the Father Himself visiting the people of Israel.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
His "parousia" foretold in Matthew 24:3 is not the same as his "coming" (erchomai) at the judgment....these are two separate events. In giving the "sign" of his "presence" (parousia) Jesus was indicating that his 'return' was not going to be observable by all.
All of the Church has been derailed by the religion(s) of "church-ianity".

In all actuality, there are three appearances/comings of the Lord:
1. In the likeness of our mortal flesh.
2. In the Holy Spirit of truth.
3. In the immortality of His newness of Life.
I do believe that all here can choose which of the three is virtually unobservable. John 14:15-20.
John.14[18] I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you [being the Comforter of His Holy Spirit].

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are some people on the board, who may have a difficult time accepting this as truth, however having people continuously try to combat this notion, I’m going to post a view points here of general references to Resurrection being for all people.

• “And many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, Some to everlasting life, Some to shame and everlasting contempt.”
  • ‭‭Daniel‬ ‭12:2‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

• “Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice and come forth—those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation.”
  • ‭‭John‬ ‭5:28-29‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
  • “I have hope in God, which they themselves also accept, that there will be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and the unjust.”

• ‭‭Acts‬ ‭24:15‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
    • “The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works.”
    • ‭‭Revelation‬ ‭20:13‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
Now I do have belief that’s Jesus has come and returned and the resurrection for them in that day in age had come to fruition as promised by Jesus and I continue to believe these principles still stand today; even if you still believe Jesus Christ has not come yet.

These are just 5 Scriptures that prove that people will be resurrected from the dead, regardless of being justified in Christ not justified in Christ.

If you would like to debate this please feel free just know that Resurrection is a Ket essential in the Gospel of Christ because he did raise from the dead! God raised him!

Shalom

- Matthew Gallagher

We agree with the resurrection of the dead. All are resurrected. But what do you believe happens to those who are "unjust" and to "shame and everlasting contempt"?

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mark's account says...."And then he will send out the angels and gather his elect from the four winds, from the ends of the earth to the ends of heaven." (Mark 13:27)

Where are the elect when Christ manifests as judge?
His "parousia" foretold in Matthew 24:3 is not the same as his "coming" (erchomai) at the judgment....these are two separate events. In giving the "sign" of his "presence" (parousia) Jesus was indicating that his 'return' was not going to be observable by all. If it was observable, no "sign" would be necessary. He also gave a range of world events that needed time to unfold, as well as a world wide preaching of the good news of the Kingdom" before "the end" would come. (Matthew 24:3-14)

During these 'last days' all of the elect who were sleeping in their graves were resurrected "first", (Revelation 20:6) and those who are still on earth when he arrives as judge will join him instantaneously, not needing to sleep in death as their fellow "kings and priests" had to do.

1 Thessalonians 4:13-17...
"But we do not want you to be uninformed, brothers, about those who are asleep, that you may not grieve as others do who have no hope. 14 For since we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so, through Jesus, God will bring with him those who have fallen asleep. 15 For this we declare to you by a word from the Lord, that we who are alive, who are left until the coming [parousia] of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16 For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord."

This is the order of events outlined by Paul....
His elect that are alive are in the wilderness just as scripture says where they are being feed for forty two months… They did just as Jesus told them and fled.

Do you believe you are the elect ?

The they that fed them there were the nomadic peoples in the region just a The old prophesy says.

Jeremiah 6:1-3 KJV
[1] O ye children of Benjamin, gather yourselves to flee out of the midst of Jerusalem, and blow the trumpet in Tekoa, and set up a sign of fire in Beth-haccerem: for evil appeareth out of the north, and great destruction. [2] I have likened the daughter of Zion to a comely and delicate woman. [3] The shepherds with their flocks shall come unto her; they shall pitch their tents against her round about; they shall feed every one in his place.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Israel of faith is from whom Jesus was to come through. Simeon is one example, of whom God did speak through.
“Israel of faith”? I don’t think so.....Israel did not demonstrate the kind of faith that God required of those who worship him. In the hands of the corrupt Pharisees and Sadducees, Judaism was in a sad and sorry state when Jesus took up his ministry. Read through Matthew ch.23 and see that Jesus did not have a good word to say about them.

He was not sent to the Pharisees because they were incorrigible, consigned to “Gehenna” by Jesus himself. It was to “the lost sheep of the house of Israel” that God sent him, to gather from them a “remnant” of fleshly Israel whom the prophet Isaiah had foretold, would be saved. (Isaiah 10:22; Romans 9:27)

Ever since 70ad. Jerusalem on earth is fallen, being the mother of harlots, aka Mystery, Babylon the Great.
Jerusalem which is above, is the mother of us all, who were and are of faith in Jesus first appearance.
“Babylon the great” is a global empire that promotes all the false religious ideas that the people adopted after the Tower of Babel incident where God confused their language and forced them to spread out into all the earth. Nimrod was the instigator of these false religious ideas and wanted to make a great name for himself. The building of great cities including ancient Babylon, was his response to God’s command and thus became the springboard for all the false religious ideas that permeate religions that are outside of Bible teachings to this day. There is a common thread running through all of them....multiplicities of gods, immortality of the soul and a fiery hell of eternal torment.....Christendom also adopted those false teachings.....so “Babylon the great” is simply the global version of original Babylon. That is what will crash when God puts it into the minds of the political elements to utterly destroy her. False religion will no longer exist because God declares that “she will never be found again”.

Of all people past, upto JtB and Jesus, only they had the Holy Spirit of God within them at birth. They together are the fulfillment of Zechariah 4:14.
JtB was the witness to Jesus' coming as being the Lamb of God.
Jesus was the witness to God the Father Himself visiting the people of Israel.
In all their history, Israel had those who acted as God’s representatives, and these always had their assistants. Leading the worship of Yahweh, was the High Priest Who was assisted by a body of other priests in his administration of acceptable worship to Israel. (even though the lost the plot many times)

Jesus is our High Priest and John B was the one sent ahead to assist Israel to receive their Messiah. They were in a bad state spiritually and needed to repent of their sins in order to receive the teachings of Jesus Christ. John B was an assistant and sadly lost his life before Jesus gave his.
I do not see them as fulfilling Zechariah 4:14.

In this part of Zechariah’s vision, the angel reveals to God’s faithful prophet that the two olive trees represent “the two anointed ones”—Joshua and Zerubbabel. Those two men were represented as figuratively “standing alongside the Lord of the whole earth,” Yahweh. What a privileged position to be in! Their God had confidence in them. Accordingly, their fellow Israelites had every reason to have confidence in their decisions and in God’s direction, no matter what form that direction might take.

Today we would see again God’s provision of those who would lead his people in preparation of what is to come in the near future. These would be part of the “Israel of God” directing God’s people to “get out of Babylon the great” and to become part of his new nation who will survive the the coming “end” of the entire world system ruling the earth today. These would be out “preaching the good news of God’s kingdom in all the inhabited earth, for a witness to all the nations” before “the end” would come. (Matthew 24:14)

God never leaves his people without leadership....we just have to find the “faithful and wise slave” and “feed” at his table. (Matthew 24:45) If we have an open heart, God will “draw” us to his truth. (John 6:44)

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Evidently your biblical understanding has not discovered KJV-Malachi 3:16 and it's fulfillment in Revelation 6:9-11.
My biblical understanding is shared by my brotherhood....something important to remember for those who think that God somehow has revealed things only to them....that is not the way he works.....or has ever worked. God gathers his people into one group who are all taught one truth, not several versions of the same scripture, all claiming to be correct.
Do you have a brotherhood who share your beliefs Earburner?

Malachi 3:16 takes on significance when you read it in context...God is castigating his people who have continually let him down.
At the time Malachi prophesied, a deplorable situation existed among the priests. Contrary to the Law, they were accepting lame, blind, and sick animals for sacrifice on Jehovah’s altar. They failed to give proper direction and instruction to the people, causing many to stumble. When judging matters, they showed partiality. All of this had a bad effect on the Israelites in general, causing them to view Jehovah’s service as being of little value. This is apparent from the fact that the Israelites did not support the temple by paying their tithes. So far had they fallen from their devotion to Jehovah that apparently they were divorcing their wives to marry women who worshipped false gods. Also, sorcery, adultery, lying, fraud, and oppression came to exist among the Israelites. For this reason Jehovah gave advance warning of his coming to his temple for judgment. At the same time he encouraged wrongdoers to repent, saying: “Return to me, and I will return to you.”

The book of Malachi also directed Israel’s attention to the coming of the Messiah and to "the day of Jehovah". While it is pointed out that Jehovah would send forth the one called “my messenger,” this one would be only the forerunner of the still greater “messenger of the covenant” who would accompany Jehovah when the inspection is made.

"Behold, I send my messenger, and he will prepare the way before me. And the Lord whom you seek will suddenly come to his temple; and the messenger of the covenant in whom you delight, behold, he is coming, says the Lord of hosts. [Jehovah] 2 But who can endure the day of his coming, and who can stand when he appears?" (Malachi 3:1-2)

The inspired accounts of Matthew, Mark and Luke combine to identify Jesus’ forerunner John the Baptist as the “messenger” and the “Elijah” initially spoken about at Malachi 3:1 and Malachi 4:5-6. Jesus is the "messenger of the covenant" and he represents his Father in judging God's worshippers....

1 Peter 4:16-19...
"Yet if anyone suffers as a Christian, let him not be ashamed, but let him glorify God in that name. 17 For it is time for judgment to begin at the household of God; and if it begins with us, what will be the outcome for those who do not obey the gospel of God?
18 And “If the righteous is scarcely saved,
what will become of the ungodly and the sinner?”
19 Therefore let those who suffer according to God's will entrust their souls to a faithful Creator while doing good."
(ESV)

According to Jesus, the judgment he renders among God's self-proclaimed worshippers will be a complete shock to them. (Matthew 7:21-23)

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Do you believe you are the elect ?
No...I am not of "the heavenly calling"......the elect are raised to be "kings and priests" ruling with Christ in his heavenly Kingdom for 1000 years. (Revelation 20:6) I have the hope of being an earthly subject of that Kingdom....those mentioned in Revelation 21:2-4.

The they that fed them there were the nomadic peoples in the region just a The old prophesy says.

Jeremiah 6:1-3 KJV
[1] O ye children of Benjamin, gather yourselves to flee out of the midst of Jerusalem, and blow the trumpet in Tekoa, and set up a sign of fire in Beth-haccerem: for evil appeareth out of the north, and great destruction. [2] I have likened the daughter of Zion to a comely and delicate woman. [3] The shepherds with their flocks shall come unto her; they shall pitch their tents against her round about; they shall feed every one in his place.
Christendom seems to place high hopes in modern Jerusalem, which has long had a commanding voice in the affairs religion and politics.
We can fail to get the everlasting life that we desire if we listen to what false teachers have to say in this most critical time of all human history.

According to the infallible Word of the God, whom Christendom professes to worship, that system of nominal, professed Christianity is doomed, even as Jerusalem of the prophet Jeremiah’s day was. (Jeremiah 6:1-8) By means of faithful ones, fully dedicated to God as Jeremiah was, Christendom has been duly warned of the sure destruction in store for her.
Just like the final days of Jerusalem in Jeremiah’s time, Jehovah has raised up his anointed witnesses to be like a modern Jeremiah. (2 Chronicles 36:15-16) Regularly, to the church members of Christendom, Jehovah has sent his Christian witnesses, as if, “daily getting up early and sending them.” (Jeremiah 7:25, 13) But like ancient Israel, no one is taking notice.....

Christendom’s “prophets” and “priests” do not like to have their “flocks” disturbed, so they give them false assurances that disarm God’s prophecies. It was like that in Jeremiah’s day. It was like that in the days of Christ’s apostles. (Jeremiah 5:20-21; Matthew 13:13-15; Acts 28:25-27) Do we want to be like those misled people and refuse to heed the warning? That is up to us....

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My biblical understanding is shared by my brotherhood....something important to remember for those who think that God somehow has revealed things only to them....that is not the way he works.....or has ever worked.
Well maybe it is more likely that you are not understanding of HOW God conveys the prophetic thoughts of His Mind through the prophets mind, having to use the words/language of that prophet.

The prophecies of God Himself are interjected in the midst of the prophet speaking. Not all of what a prophet speaks about is prophetic, nor shall it be fulfilled verbatim, as it is exactly written..
Isaiah 55:8-9.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well maybe it is more likely that you are not understanding of HOW God conveys the prophetic thoughts of His Mind through the prophets mind, having to use the words/language of that prophet.
I have no idea what that is supposed to mean...? God conveyed his prophesies to his people in their own language....was that difficult to understand? However the prophets did not always know exactly what they were prophesying because the details were not obvious when the fulfillment was centuries into the future.

The prophecies of God Himself are interjected in the midst of the prophet speaking. Not all of what a prophet speaks about is prophetic, nor shall it be fulfilled verbatim, as it is exactly written..
Isaiah 55:8-9.
What has Isaiah 55:8-9 got to do with the subject at hand?
Read in context it says....
"Seek the Lord while He may be found;
call to Him while He is near.
7 Let the wicked one abandon his way
and the sinful one his thoughts;
let him return to the Lord,
so He may have compassion on him,
and to our God, for He will freely forgive.

8 “For My thoughts are not your thoughts,

and your ways are not My ways.”
This is the Lord’s declaration.
9 “For as heaven is higher than earth,

so My ways are higher than your ways,
and My thoughts than your thoughts.
10 For just as rain and snow fall from heaven
and do not return there
without saturating the earth
and making it germinate and sprout,
and providing seed to sow
and food to eat,
11 so My word that comes from My mouth

will not return to Me empty,
but it will accomplish what I please

and will prosper in what I send it to do.”

The prophesy always came true.....or it would in the future.

The whole tenor of the Scriptures, including the teachings of God’s Son, was to the gaining of understanding of God’s purposes, the doing of his will, and the attaining of salvation to life are dependent primarily upon the individual’s heart.

The Bible is unique in its ability to “discern thoughts and intentions of the heart,” revealing what kind of persons we really are. (Hebrews 4:12-13) It is clear from the Scriptures that God has not made knowledge of himself something to be acquired without effort. (Matthew 7:7-8)

Reference to "digging for hidden treasure" indicates that some time and effort is involved in understanding the Bible's message. God's spirit is obviously needed to make things clear....and we are reminded to ask God for help when we need it.

It is also evident that God has caused his purposes to be revealed to humble ones and hidden from haughty ones.’ (James 4:6) So, the fact that individuals try to justify their rejection of its message, its reproof, and its discipline, does not show any imperfection on the part of the Bible.....rather, it illustrates the perfection of the Bible and its Author, who helps his people to understand the deeper things contained in his word. Some however, will just not "get it". (Acts 28:23-28; 1 Corinthians 1:22-25)

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
In the moment of Adam and Eve's creation:
Immature? Maybe.
Adults? Absolutely yes.
Innocent? Yes, absolutely.
Knowledge of G&E? None whatsoever.
Eternal existence? Absolutely not.
Agree for the most.
They had knowledge of good as the angel of the Lord was teaching them.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jennie, are you feeling better yet?

Yesterday finally, my tummy felt better (actually, tummy never hurt, it was down lower, constant gut pain) so I’m hoping I’m over it. The thing is, never had any of the lack of smell and taste. I had different and strange symptoms, like pain on the bottoms of my feet, for one. But, my sisters crazy symptoms matched mine and she did a test which came out positive. So I’m pretty sure it was covid. It wasn’t all that bad. Annoying, but not debilitating.

Reactions: Lambano