The right to abort. The right to ask for the aborted to be adopted instead. These are the same thing!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you believe there is a right to ask to adopt a child, that would otherwise be aborted?

• Yes.

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • No.

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The fact remains that abortion can’t be unjustified by Scripture.
I am not going to get involved in the theology based upon what Scripture does NOT say. That kind of logic has been reserved for fools!

And the only reason you are making such a silly suggestion is that you can’t find a scrap of Scripture that says it is wrong! There is none!

But I am well acquainted with Scripture where God demands abortion. Can you find it?

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where do you get the babies that you eat? Do they serve them in Canadian restaurants?

Stan B: "But babies are a blessing, and good to be eaten for food during hard times:"

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amazing! How many of Satan's children promoting murdering babies!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Although I am not a proponent of abortion, if you all are just going to continue with the personal attacks, and saying one is not a Christian because of their views, please take it to private conversation through inbox. If you cannot do that this thread will be shut down.

Reactions: Josho and Rita

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Exactly! Abortion isn't mentioned anywhere in Scripture.
Yes it is mentioned and approved for inappropriate conceptions. The abortion water is administered by the Levitical priest:

20But if you have gone astray while married to your husband and you have made yourself impure by having sexual relations with a man other than your husband”— 21here the priest is to put the woman under this curse—“may the Lord cause you to become a curse d among your people when he makes your womb miscarry and your abdomen swell. 22May this water that brings a curse enter your body so that your abdomen swells or your womb miscarries.” Num 5

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, yes, it most certainly can (and rather than "unjustified," I would insert "condemned"), both in word and deed:

WORD:
"You shall not murder." (God, via Moses, Exodus 20:13) This is not a suggestion, but a Commandment. :)

DEED:
"...Menahem sacked Tiphsah... and he ripped open all the women in it who were pregnant... he did what was evil in the sight of the LORD." (2 Kings 15:16-18)

How many women do you want to die?
None, of course, nor babies/infants of either gender (roughly half of the 60 million babies aborted in the United States since 1973 were female). Making out the pro-life position to be any sort of misogyny is quite... well, frankly, ridiculous, and even repugnant. I agree with you in your stand against Jack regarding his name-calling and his condemnation of anyone as not a Christian, but I would turn that stand on you here if you are insinuating that anyone "wants women to die."

Abortion isn't mentioned anywhere in Scripture.
See above.

Baby murderers are not Christians.
Ah, I don't think we can say that, Jack. We are all sinful in one way or another, but God can overcome all that if He so chooses.

Grace and peace to all.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't be surprised if I'm banned for opposing murdering babies!

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I'm trackin' right with ya on murdering babies, Jack, but... judging from previous posts here, if you are in fact banned, I don't think it would be because of that... :)

Grace and peace to you, Jack.

Reactions: Rita

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If you were to get banned, it wouldn't be for the above, it would be for breaking the rules of the forum. You are not allowed to tell someone or imply that someone who states they are a Christian that they aren't a Christian.

Reactions: Jim B

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Abortions are necessary medical procedures when there is no chance of the fetus surviving outside the womb and/or the mother's life is endangered. Those are the facts!
This is false, actually. First, such cases are extremely rare. But second, the person may inevitably die of natural causes shortly after (or before) being born. Abortion is never a "necessary medical procedure," unless we say, "Well, we want to beat nature to the punch." But of course that's absurd and ridiculous. On the contrary, it is propaganda ~ for the advancement of a false agenda ~ to label it as necessary. Medical science has progressed to the point where an abortion is never necessary to preserve the life or the health of the mother. This has been true for more than half a century. Abortions performed to preserve the life or the health of the mother are so rare that they do not register statistically, according to Alan Guttmacher of Planned Parenthood.

Now, In the case of a miscarriage, I'm all for surgical procedures to remove the placenta ~ even the carcass, if you'd rather call it that; that's what it is, actually ~ from the womb. It might be surprising to many to learn the percentage of pregnant women who have miscarriages who then choose to go on with the pregnancy and actually give birth to a still-born child. In many cases it provides a greater sense of closure, but the decision to forgo that is absolutely understandable.

Grace and peace to all.

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is false, actually. First, such cases are extremely rare. But second, the person may inevitably die of natural causes shortly after (or before) being born. Abortion is never a "necessary medical procedure," unless we say, "Well, we want to beat nature to the punch." But of course that's absurd and ridiculous. On the contrary, it is propaganda ~ for the advancement of a false agenda ~ to label it as necessary. Medical science has progressed to the point where an abortion is never necessary to preserve the life or the health of the mother.
That isn't true. I know a woman who had to have an abortion at 8 moths gestation. The fetus had dies in utero and was, for lack of a better word, rotting inside of her and the toxins it was producing were killing her.

This has been true for more than half a century. Abortions performed to preserve the life or the health of the mother are so rare that they do not register statistically, according to Alan Guttmacher of Planned Parenthood.
citation?
Now, In the case of a miscarriage,
Do you know what a miscarriage is?
I'm all for surgical procedures to remove the placenta ~ even the carcass, if you'd rather call it that; that's what it is, actually ~ from the womb. It might be surprising to many to learn the percentage of pregnant women who have miscarriages who then choose to go on with the pregnancy and actually give birth to a still-born child. In many cases it provides a greater sense of closure, but the decision to forgo that is absolutely understandable.
Surprise us and share that information.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you were to get banned, it wouldn't be for the above, it would be for breaking the rules of the forum. You are not allowed to tell someone or imply that someone who states they are a Christian that they aren't a Christian.
I provide Scripture and it upsets the baby killers terribly. They can't debate so they report. They would report Jesus.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I'm trackin' right with ya on murdering babies, Jack, but... judging from previous posts here, if you are in fact banned, I don't think it would be because of that... :)

Grace and peace to you, Jack.
I think Jesus would be banned from most forums. His comments offended many.