The TRUE Meaning Of The Little Horn Prophecy For the End

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Davy,

Some clown in the past decided that all prophecy was based on "Prophetic years of 360 days duration," and so now we have these crazy arguments about the timelines that God put in place with respect to the number of years chronologically that are involved in prophecy.

From my perspective I have come to accept that all prophecy is based upon solar duration years and not on "Prophetic Years" which is a man created timespan.

In sport we often hear the expression of one team killing the other team on the field when they win a game, but the so termed blood bath of killing the other team does not mean that there are the bodies of the losing team scattered all over the field of play. It is just a figure of speech that is often used. So too with the figure of speech of the middle of a particular time period in the scriptures, in this case of seven years, where it is possible for up to two 30-day months being found within some seven-year periods to correct for the solar years within that seven-year period. Often, we will find that there is only one 30-day month correction within most seven-year periods.

The question is how precise is the "middle" in the middle of the seven years period and is this precision important for our salvation.

My answer is NO, it is not that important in terms of mine or your salvation, so why clog up Christian forums with any arguments about the precisions of "figures of speech" within the scriptures.

It is a pointless exercise.

Goodbye

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Davy,

Some clown in the past decided that all prophecy was based on "Prophetic years of 360 days duration," and so now we have these crazy arguments about the timelines that God put in place with respect to the number of years chronologically that are involved in prophecy.

From my perspective I have come to accept that all prophecy is based upon solar duration years and not on "Prophetic Years" which is a man created timespan.

In sport we often hear the expression of one team killing the other team on the field when they win a game, but the so termed blood bath of killing the other team does not mean that there are the bodies of the losing team scattered all over the field of play. It is just a figure of speech that is often used. So too with the figure of speech of the middle of a particular time period in the scriptures, in this case of seven years, where it is possible for up to two 30-day months being found within some seven-year periods to correct for the solar years within that seven-year period. Often, we will find that there is only one 30-day month correction within most seven-year periods.

The question is how precise is the "middle" in the middle of the seven years period and is this precision important for our salvation.

My answer is NO, it is not that important in terms of mine or your salvation, so why clog up Christian forums with any arguments about the precisions of "figures of speech" within the scriptures.

It is a pointless exercise.

Goodbye
Wow! That's a lot of speaking without really saying anything, except that you also cannot figure out what 'half' of something is vs. an expression. I suspect you did not do well in math.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Wow! That's a lot of speaking without really saying anything, except that you also cannot figure out what 'half' of something is vs. an expression. I suspect you did not do well in math.

Seems like you want to be right all of the time about time and half a time.

Oh well, your powers of comprehension seem to be a little short.

Last edited:

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seems like you want to be right all of the time about time and half a time.

Oh well, you powers of comprehension seem to be a little short.
That definitely is not what this is about, and you well know it. You just want to 'change' the actual Bible Scripture of Daniel 9:27, which suggests to me that you have been brainwashed into men's false doctrines like some have with wrongly thinking that 70th week was fulfilled by Jesus Christ, when it was not.

The belief that Jesus fulfilled the 70th week of Daniel 9:27 is an idea from 'another spirit'. It would make Jesus Himself as the Antichrist, that's how stupid and evil that doctrine of the devil is.

And that above is regardless of the fact that the Revelation Scripture about the timing of those TWO separate 1260 day periods are also shown.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That definitely is not what this is about, and you well know it. You just want to 'change' the actual Bible Scripture of Daniel 9:27, which suggests to me that you have been brainwashed into men's false doctrines like some have with wrongly thinking that 70th week was fulfilled by Jesus Christ, when it was not.

The belief that Jesus fulfilled the 70th week of Daniel 9:27 is an idea from 'another spirit'. It would make Jesus Himself as the Antichrist, that's how stupid and evil that doctrine of the devil is.

And that above is regardless of the fact that the Revelation Scripture about the timing of those TWO separate 1260 day periods are also shown.
For over 17 centuries the true historical orthodox Christian Church was unanimous in recognizing Christ as the Covenant Confirmer of Daniel 9:27.

The blasphemous declaration of Christ as antichrist appeared only with modernist dispensational heresy in the 19th century.

That's the blasphemy and heresy that you're perpetuating.

Christ is not antichrist.

Stop trying to contort Him thereinto.

Last edited:

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

David, you know little about what I am posting. Daniel 12:11 clearly states that the last half of the seven weeks of years will be 1,290 days.

I have not tried to change Daniel 0:27. It is the syncing of the Solar year month addition into the Jewish calendar that is creating your problem about the middle of the seven-year period and the number of days in each half of this time period. The first half has 1,260 days while the second half has 1,290 days.

I believe that is what the scriptures tells us.

Goodbye

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People are judged at the Great White Throne judgment after this present earth and heaven are destroyed.

You wrote Jesus comes - but the text does not say Jesus comes in Revelation 20:11-15. There will be no earth and heaven for Jesus to come to.

The point I am making is that you are placing Jesus's coming to this present earth to judge people and the righteous inheriting the earth at that time after the 1000 years is wrong.

Overall, the correct order is this:

1. the 7 years of Daniel 9:27, of which the second half will be the great tribulation
2. Jesus returns to this earth and executes judgment on the wicked.
3. the 1000 years begin, with the meek, the righteous, inheriting the earth
4. after the 1000 years, Satan released from the bottomless pit to deceive the nations one last time.
5. the attackers on Israel destroyed by God with fire from heaven.
6. the second resurrection, relative to the millennium takes place.
7. this present earth and heaven are destroyed
8. the Great White Throne Judgment takes place
When Jesus stepped out of the Jordan, that marked the end of the 69th Week ("7 weeks, threescore and two weeks") and the beginning of the 70th Week. When He soon after said, "The time is fulfilled" the only time period He could possibly be referring to was the 69 Weeks.

So, since Jesus began His public ministry soon after the beginning of the 70th week, and was crucified "in the midst of the week" how can we slice off the entire week if half of it is already firmly nailed down in history? Some recognize this dilemma, so they solve it by making the "7 years of tribulation" only a "3 1/2 year tribulation".

TBH, many commentators cannot find a single instance where any Numerically Specific Time Prophecy incorporates a "gap" and therefore reject "gap theory" and conclude the 70 Weeks was fulfilled in its unbroken entirety back in history. It is more than plausible to reason that:

"finish the transgression/make an end of sins" refers to the end of the roller coaster rebellion of Israel
"make reconciliation for iniquity/bring in everlasting righteousness" refers to what salvation does in us
"seal up the vision/prophecy" refers to a "seal of promise" the 2,300 Days vision will be fulfilled, as well
"to anoint the Most Holy" refers to the commencement of Jesus as High Priest in the heavenly sanctuary.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For over 17 centuries the true historical orthodox Christian Church was unanimous in recognizing Christ as the Covenant Confirmer of Daniel 9:27.

The blasphemous declaration of Christ as antichrist appeared only with modernist dispensational heresy in the 19th century.
Absolutely! This satanic doctrine first reared its ugly head during the 16th century Jesuit Counter-Reformation and was quickly dispatched by learned Protestant Reformers who knew their Bibles...only to resurrect 300 years later by "Protestants" who decided the end of hostilities was too boring and found themselves in need of "sensationalism". And, the rest of the story of how Jesuit eschatology took hold of Protestantism is history.

>Malachi calls Jesus "the Messenger of the Covenant" - the New Covenant

>Isaiah says God will "give Thee (Jesus) for a Covenant of the people" - the New Covenant

>Jesus said, "This is the blood of the new Covenant which is shed for many" - the New Covenant, and He quotes Daniel who said who said Messiah would confirm the covenant with "many"

>Paul told the Romans Jesus came to "confirm the promises" - the promise in Jeremiah of a New Covenant

>Hebrews says Jesus "at the first" confirmed salvation - "New Covenant salvation" - by His own words that were "spoken by the Lord" and then He continued confirming it after He ascended through "them that heard Him" - the apostles.

***SATAN DOES NOT MAKE A COVENANT WITH ANYONE***
God rhetorically asked Job if Satan, animalified as Leviathan, would make a covenant with people:

Will he make many supplications unto thee? will he speak soft words unto thee?​
Will he make a covenant with thee? wilt thou take him for a servant for ever?​

No, when it comes to who would come and make a covenant with us, Daniel, Isaiah, Jesus, Paul, and Malachi were talking about Jesus Christ, not Antichrist, amen?

Reactions: covenantee

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When Jesus stepped out of the Jordan, that marked the end of the 69th Week ("7 weeks, threescore and two weeks") and the beginning of the 70th Week. When He soon after said, "The time is fulfilled" the only time period He could possibly be referring to was the 69 Weeks.

So, since Jesus began His public ministry soon after the beginning of the 70th week, and was crucified "in the midst of the week" how can we slice off the entire week if half of it is already firmly nailed down in history? Some recognize this dilemma, so they solve it by making the "7 years of tribulation" only a "3 1/2 year tribulation".

TBH, many commentators cannot find a single instance where any Numerically Specific Time Prophecy incorporates a "gap" and therefore reject "gap theory" and conclude the 70 Weeks was fulfilled in its unbroken entirety back in history. It is more than plausible to reason that:

"finish the transgression/make an end of sins" refers to the end of the roller coaster rebellion of Israel
"make reconciliation for iniquity/bring in everlasting righteousness" refers to what salvation does in us
"seal up the vision/prophecy" refers to a "seal of promise" the 2,300 Days vision will be fulfilled, as well
"to anoint the Most Holy" refers to the commencement of Jesus as High Priest in the heavenly sanctuary.
There will not be a 7 year tribulation. But the 70th week still remains unfulfilled.

The great tribulation begins when the abomination of desolation is set-up in the holy place. Matthew 24:15-21, Daniel 12:11-12.

The length will be 1335 days. And end with Jesus's return. (shown on my second chart below)

The 1335 days will fit within latter part the 7 year 70th week of Daniel 9.

In Daniel 9, the messiah arrives after 69 weeks and cutoff at the same time. Nothing is said about the length of the messiah's ministry in Daniel 9.

Fulfillment was John 12:12-15 with Jesus's arrival in Jerusalem, hailed as the King of Israel, who comes in the name of the Lord. 4 days later, He was crucified. 69th week over.

Ezekiel 39 gives the timeline framework which all end times prophecies fit into.

Ezekiel 39 breakdown:

In Ezekiel 39, the destruction of Gog's army verses 1-6
In Ezekiel 39, then followed by 7 years verses 9-10 (the 70th week )
In Ezekiel 39, then the Armageddon event verses 17-20
In Ezekiel 39, then Jesus's return to this earth verses 21-29, His Second Coming

Also the full 7 year 70th week is needed for the time of the end 2300 days prophecy of the little horn to fit into. Also the seven seals in Revelation provide the overall view of what will take place in the 7 years. (as shown on my third chart below)

And on my fourth chat below I show the critical path of event to take place during the 7 years. Just follow the red line from upper left hand corner to the lower right hand corner.

Gog Magog 7months4 .jpg

compoinets of the seven years in Revelaiton5 update .jpg

the seven seals f.jpg

horiziontal chart July 23, 2023 small.jpg

Last edited:

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Absolutely! This satanic doctrine first reared its ugly head during the 16th century Jesuit Counter-Reformation and was quickly dispatched by learned Protestant Reformers who knew their Bibles...only to resurrect 300 years later by "Protestants" who decided the end of hostilities was too boring and found themselves in need of "sensationalism". And, the rest of the story of how Jesuit eschatology took hold of Protestantism is history.

>Malachi calls Jesus "the Messenger of the Covenant" - the New Covenant

>Isaiah says God will "give Thee (Jesus) for a Covenant of the people" - the New Covenant

>Jesus said, "This is the blood of the new Covenant which is shed for many" - the New Covenant, and He quotes Daniel who said who said Messiah would confirm the covenant with "many"

>Paul told the Romans Jesus came to "confirm the promises" - the promise in Jeremiah of a New Covenant

>Hebrews says Jesus "at the first" confirmed salvation - "New Covenant salvation" - by His own words that were "spoken by the Lord" and then He continued confirming it after He ascended through "them that heard Him" - the apostles.

God rhetorically asked Job if Satan, animalified as Leviathan, would make a covenant with people:

Will he make many supplications unto thee? will he speak soft words unto thee?​
Will he make a covenant with thee? wilt thou take him for a servant for ever?​

No, when it comes to who would come and make a covenant with us, Daniel, Isaiah, Jesus, Paul, and Malachi were talking about Jesus Christ, not Antichrist, amen?
Amen and amen, bro.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There will not be a 7 year tribulation. But the 70th week still remains unfulfilled.

The great tribulation begins when the abomination of desolation is set-up in the holy place. Matthew 24:15-21, Daniel 12:11-12.

The length will be 1335 days. And end with Jesus's return. (shown on my second chart below)

In Daniel 9, the messiah arrives after 69 weeks and cutoff at the same time. Nothing is said about the length of the messiah's ministry in Daniel 9.

Fulfillment was John 12:12-15 with Jesus's arrival in Jerusalem, hailed as the King of Israel, who comes in the name of the Lord. 4 days later, He was crucified. 69th week over.

Ezekiel 39 gives the timeline framework which all end times prophecies fit into.

Ezekiel 39 breakdown:

In Ezekiel 39, then Jesus's return to this earth verses 21-29, His Second Coming

Also the full 7 year 70th week is needed for the time of the end 2300 days prophecy of the little horn to fit into. Also the seven seals in Revelation provide the overall view of what will take place in the 7 years. (as shown on my third chart below)

And on my fourth chat below I show the critical path of event to take place during the 7 years. Just follow the red line from upper left hand corner to the lower right hand corner.

View attachment 44371

View attachment 44372

View attachment 44373

View attachment 44375
There's something called the New Covenant. It's in the Bible.

But it's not in your diagrams.

Have you heard of it?

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Brethren in Christ, don't pay attention to these 'lackeys' that come here hiding as Christians, which actually represent orthodox Judaism that hates Christianity.

Only an antichrist would think that the final "one week" (70th week) of Daniel 9:27 involved Christ's Ministry. Jesus' Ministry ENDED with the end of the 69th week with His crucifixion. The 70th week was left not fulfilled, and still to this day is not yet fulfilled.

Those who listen to the LIE from the "synagogue of Satan" saying Jesus fulfilled the 70th week have been duped, and they show they are under the influence from another spirit.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Brethren in Christ, don't pay attention to these 'lackeys' that come here hiding as Christians, which actually represent orthodox Judaism that hates Christianity.

Only an antichrist would think that the final "one week" (70th week) of Daniel 9:27 involved Christ's Ministry. Jesus' Ministry ENDED with the end of the 69th week with His crucifixion. The 70th week was left not fulfilled, and still to this day is not yet fulfilled.

Those who listen to the LIE from the "synagogue of Satan" saying Jesus fulfilled the 70th week have been duped, and they show they are under the influence from another spirit.
Brothers and sisters, don't listen to Davy, who is espousing modernist Darby/Scofield dispensational blasphemy, which attempts to contort Christ into antichrist. Such heresy was unheard of in more than 17 centuries of historical true Christian Church orthodoxy. The Church unanimously declared that Christ is the Covenant Confirmer of Daniel 9:27, which He fulfilled at Calvary in the midst of the 70th week (Matthew 26:28).

Davy does not provide any evidence from the historical true Church supporting his claims, because such evidence does not exist.

Following are two examples of evidence of what the historical true Church actually believed.

Clement of Alexandria quotes Daniel 9:24-27, and declares that it was fulfilled.

160AD Clement of Alexandria (On Daniel 9:24-27 ; The 'Seventy Weeks' of Daniel) "160 AD Clement of Alexandria "Cyrus had, by proclamation, previously enjoined the restoration of the Hebrews. And his promise being accomplished in the time of Darius, the feast of the dedication was held, as also the feast of tabernacles. There were in all, taking in the duration of the captivity down to the restoration of the people, from the birth of Moses, one thousand one hundred and fifty-five years, six months, and ten days; and from the reign of David, according to some, four hundred and fifty-two; more correctly, five hundred and seventy-two years, six months, and ten days. From the captivity at Babylon, which took place in the time of Jeremiah the prophet, was fulfilled what was spoken by Daniel the prophet as follows: "Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people, and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to seal sins, and to wipe out and make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal the vision and the prophet, and to anoint the Holy of Holies. Know therefore, and understand, that from the going forth of the word commanding an answer to be given, and Jerusalem to be built, to Christ the Prince, are seven weeks and sixty-two weeks; and the street shall be again built, and the wall; and the times shall be expended. And after the sixty-two weeks the anointing shall be overthrown, and judgment shall not be in him; and he shall destroy the city and the sanctuary along with the coming Prince. And they shall be destroyed in a flood, and to the end of the war shall be cut off by: desolations. And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week; and in the middle of the week the sacrifice and oblation shall be taken away; and in the holy place shall be the abomination of desolations, and until the consummation of time shall the consummation be assigned for desolation. And in the midst of the week shall he make the incense of sacrifice cease, and of the wing of destruction, even till the consummation, like the destruction of the oblation."

John Calvin (1509-1564) declares that it was Christ who confirmed the treaty with many for one week.

"The angel now continues his discourse concerning Christ by saying, he should confirm the treaty with many for one week."

Last edited:

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Did the 7th Trumpet sound at the week of the Cross as well, and Jesus became the King over every nation? Revelation 10:6-7

"And sware by him that liveth for ever and ever, who created heaven, and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein, that there should be time no longer: But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets."

The 7th Trumpet declares time is finished. On the Cross, time was not finished. The work of redemption was finished, but the time and mystery of the redemption extended to the Gentiles was just starting. Jesus would not be the King of Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles was brought in.

The prophecy was sealed, not declared fulfilled.

Jesus put in the work to end the transgression, but the transgression was still in effect until the Second Coming.

Jesus put in the work to bring in eternal righteousness, but those on earth, would still be born into sin and death, until the Second Coming.

Jesus sealed up the prophecy about the Prince to come, because the Prince to come part is the Second Coming.

Jesus was the anointed, that is what Messiah means. However the disclaimer after the promises would be that the Messiah would be cut off, and then they would have to wait for the Prince to come, the Second Coming.

Jesus fulfilled the Messiah half for 3.5 years. Jesus will finish the King half in a future 3.5 years. However, Jesus changed that and pointed out the last 3.5 years would be shortened for the elects sake. Thus John in Revelation never gives us a 3.5 year point of time. That 3.5 years could be: Revelation 9:15

"And the four angels were loosed, which were prepared for an hour, and a day, and a month, and a year, for to slay the third part of men."

The final minutes of the 70th week could be an hour. The final hours of the 70th week could be a day. The final days of the 70th week could be a month. Or finally, the final months of the 70th week could be a year. The longer the Second Coming does not happen, the shorter that time is for the elects sake.

The Second Coming has to happen to place Jesus as King on the earth physically, just as Jesus was physically on the earth as the Messiah. Jesus is the 70th week, not a literal fixed time period of 7 years. Gabriel never said the 70th was a set of seven. Gabriel implies the Messiah and Prince to come is the 70th week. Daniel 9:27 is a set of days, the days of the 7th Trumpet.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From the captivity at Babylon, which took place in the time of Jeremiah the prophet, was fulfilled what was spoken by Daniel the prophet as follows: "Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people, and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to seal sins, and to wipe out and make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal the vision and the prophet, and to anoint the Holy of Holies. Know therefore, and understand, that from the going forth of the word commanding an answer to be given, and Jerusalem to be built, to Christ the Prince, are seven weeks and sixty-two weeks; and the street shall be again built, and the wall; and the times shall be expended. And after the sixty-two weeks the anointing shall be overthrown, and judgment shall not be in him; and he shall destroy the city and the sanctuary along with the coming Prince. And they shall be destroyed in a flood, and to the end of the war shall be cut off by: desolations. And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week; and in the middle of the week the sacrifice and oblation shall be taken away; and in the holy place shall be the abomination of desolations, and until the consummation of time shall the consummation be assigned for desolation. And in the midst of the week shall he make the incense of sacrifice cease, and of the wing of destruction, even till the consummation, like the destruction of the oblation."

John Calvin (1509-1564) declares that it was Christ who confirmed the treaty with many for one week.

"The angel now continues his discourse concerning Christ by saying, he should confirm the treaty with many for one week."
When Clement wrote, "and He shall confirm", that was not written as fulfilled. Clement was agreeing what many post that at a future time, Jesus as Prince "shall confirm". So implying that Clement wrote Jesus fulfilled the part about confirming the Covenant with many, contradicts this quote. Besides, while Clement was talking about the times, you left out any interpretation, he had about Jesus. Clement was just quoting the same Scripture we all post today. You gave us Clements thoughts on how much time passed from the birth of Moses until the birth of Jesus. Then you imply something on a different topic than just the amount of years, without given us the full detail of Clements thoughts.

Even Calvin did not write: "he did confirm the treaty". Calvin was wrong to claim a treaty. Why not just call it the Atonement Covenant instead of a treaty?

Treaty: an agreement or arrangement made by negotiation.

How did humans negotiate their plan of salvation with God? Reformed Calvinism does not even allow humans free will, so how does that negotiation work out for them? You still have no quote from either historical figure explicitly stating what you think Scripture is saying.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yeah he does, when he comes in our near future as the Antichrist, as he will fulfill ALL... the parameters of the "vile person" prophecy in the Book of Daniel.

Dan 9:27
And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.
KJV

That confirming of a covenant for a period of "one week" (7 years) is what will provide for the following future events in Jerusalem for the end. It will re-establish old covenant worship in Jerusalem by the orthodox Jews, to include their new 3rd temple and animal sacrifices.

Dan 11:21-23
21 And in his estate shall stand up
a vile person, to whom they shall not give the honour of the kingdom: but he shall come in peaceably, and obtain the kingdom by flatteries.
22 And with the arms of a flood shall they be overflown from before him, and shall be broken; yea, also the prince of the covenant.
And after the league made with him he shall work deceitfully: for he shall come up, and shall become strong with a small people.
KJV

Dan 11:30-31
30 For the ships of Chittim shall come against him: therefore
he shall be grieved, and return, and have indignation against the holy covenant: so shall he do; he shall even return, and have intelligence with them that forsake the holy covenant.
31 And arms shall stand on his part, and
they shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the daily sacrifice, and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate.
KJV

The "holy covenant" is mentioned in connection with that "sanctuary" and the "daily sacrifice" which is showing that "holy covenant" is about the old covenant type worship in Jerusalem by the Jews. That 31st verse is where Jesus quoted about the placing of the "abomination of desolation" IDOL for the end.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
When Clement wrote, "and He shall confirm", that was not written as fulfilled.
Clement didn't write that. Daniel did.

Clement wrote "From the captivity at Babylon, which took place in the time of Jeremiah the prophet, was fulfilled what was spoken by Daniel the prophet as follows:"

Do you know what "was fulfilled" means?

Last edited:

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yeah he does, when he comes in our near future as the Antichrist, as he will fulfill ALL... the parameters of the "vile person" prophecy in the Book of Daniel.

Dan 9:27
And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.
KJV

That confirming of a covenant for a period of "one week" (7 years) is what will provide for the following future events in Jerusalem for the end. It will re-establish old covenant worship in Jerusalem by the orthodox Jews, to include their new 3rd temple and animal sacrifices.

Dan 11:21-23
21 And in his estate shall stand up
a vile person, to whom they shall not give the honour of the kingdom: but he shall come in peaceably, and obtain the kingdom by flatteries.
22 And with the arms of a flood shall they be overflown from before him, and shall be broken; yea, also the prince of the covenant.
And after the league made with him he shall work deceitfully: for he shall come up, and shall become strong with a small people.
KJV

Dan 11:30-31
30 For the ships of Chittim shall come against him: therefore
he shall be grieved, and return, and have indignation against the holy covenant: so shall he do; he shall even return, and have intelligence with them that forsake the holy covenant.
31 And arms shall stand on his part, and
they shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the daily sacrifice, and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate.
KJV

The "holy covenant" is mentioned in connection with that "sanctuary" and the "daily sacrifice" which is showing that "holy covenant" is about the old covenant type worship in Jerusalem by the Jews. That 31st verse is where Jesus quoted about the placing of the "abomination of desolation" IDOL for the end.
Your "Antichrist" is a hoot. The word does not exist in the Biblical Hebrew or Aramaic in which Daniel wrote.

It exists only in the modernist dispensational imagination of fantasy and fallacy.

Standard grammar further affirms Christ as the Covenant Confirmer of Daniel 9:27:

The grammatical referent of "He" in Daniel 9:27 is "the prince" in Daniel 9:26.

The grammatical referent of "the prince" in Daniel 9:26 is "Messiah the Prince" in Daniel 9:25.

Thus, "He" is "Messiah the Prince", i.e. the Christ.

Christ the Covenant Confirmer.

Not antichrist.

Stop trying to contort Christ into antichrist.

Last edited:

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You still have no quote from either historical figure explicitly stating what you think Scripture is saying.
I've provided two explicit quotes, neither of which you comprehend.

Now it's your turn.

Provide just one explicit quote from the historical true Church before the 19th century, denying that Christ is the Covenant Confirmer of Daniel 9:27.

Just one.

Show us your stuff. :laughing:

Reactions: Phoneman777

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's no reason to insert a "gap" between the 69th and 70th - every single Numerically Specific Time Prophecy lasts only for the duration specified - no more.

Even the worst employee who decides to leave at 12 for his lunch hour and drag in at 2 would never consider telling his furious boss, "Boss, didn't they tell you? There's a one hour gap between 12:59 and 1:00."

Actually, the 1335 is merely the continuation of the 1,260 - which began after Rome fell and the papal antichrist arose in 538 A.D. This is textbook Protestant Historicism.

Ideas about a future antichrist figure arising at the end of time are just a variations of Jesuit Futurism which was born out of the papal Counter-Reformation.
Actually, the text says the entire 70 Weeks are cut off - not merely the 69 - but cut off from what?

The only possible time period from which the 70 could be cut off - the 2,300 Days - which had caused Daniel so much confusion God, according to Gabriel himself, had to send him to clear it up immediately before using the 70 Weeks prophecy to do it. The two prophecies are intrinsically tied.
Actually, there wasn't any 444 B.C. royal decree to "restore and to build Jerusalem" - merely to provide timber for a wall/gates, and for Nehemiah's safe travel. No way that constitutes restoration and rebuilding of an entire city infrastructure.

However, what is comprehensive enough to fulfill "restore/rebuild" is Artaxerxes' 457 B.C. decree to:
  • release of Israelite captives
  • release of priests and authorization of priesthood
  • return of sacred vessels (those not given to Sheshbazzar)
  • free passage from Babylon to Jerusalem
  • monetary grant subsidizing temple operation
  • permission to utilize any monetary surplus
  • grant for additional requirements for temple (likely pertaining to its "beautification")
  • standing orders for outlying treasurers to do what Ezra asks
  • establishment of offices of magistrates
  • establishment of offices of judges
  • establishment of judiciary
  • establishment of education
  • establishment of office of law enforcement

Ezekiel 39 breakdown:

I'll agree that "Gog and Magog" are symbolic of God's end time enemies - but they'll be destroyed along with the Man of Sin "at the brightness of His coming" when Jesus comes as a thief in the night, leaving the Earth completely unable to sustain life, according to Peter's commentary about Him coming as a thief.
Also the full 7 year 70th week is needed for the time of the end 2300 days prophecy of the little horn to fit into.
Not if both prophecies begin at the same time - 457 B.C. The 70 Weeks ended in 34 A.D., the Little Horn arose in 538 A.D., and the 2300 Days ended in 1844 with Jesus entering the Most Holy Place to begin cleansing the Heavenly Sanctuary.
Also the seven seals in Revelation provide the overall view of what will take place in the 7 years. (as shown on my third chart below)
The location of Jesus (Holy Place or the Most Holy Place) when Revelation's prophecies are revealed determines when they begin to unfold, either before or after 1844 (when He entered into the Most Holy Place). The 7 Churches, Seals, and Trumpets depict the historic religious, political, and militaristic experiences of the church, respectively, from 1st century A.D. to the Second Coming.

I know the "1/3 1/3 1/3" statements of Revelation's symbolism lead Futurists to look for a literal "nuke war to kill 1/3 of mankind" - but only if we make literal what's symbolic.