THE TRUTH OF DANIEL'S SEVENTY WEEKS PROPHECY

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Dear Covenantee,
No, I believe in Jesus Christ who is the Savior of the world.

John 1:29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

Universalism is a doctrine of men and has many errors in its teachings.

Joe
Philippians 3
18 (For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ:
19 Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.)

2 Thessalonians 1
8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

2 Peter 2
12 But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption;

2 Peter 3
7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

Jude 1
11 Woe unto them! for they have gone in the way of Cain, and ran greedily after the error of Balaam for reward, and perished in the gainsaying of Core.
13 Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever.

FaithWillDo

Mar 1, 2023
Fort Collins, CO, USA
www.greatmysteryofchrist.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Joe, you are missing the point and not rightly dividing the word of truth between the times of this world and the timelessness of God and the kingdom of God.

As I said, there is plenty of scripture to quote to support your worldly time-based logic toward what is written. But the point is, the world is not the measure of the truth of God, but rather only speaks of His truth revealed to men in their times--times of darkness, from which light must be divided, not quoted.

It is better for the Bride to be silent.

So, as long as you are going to rationalize things including the dark things of this world...you are not ready to comment on what I have eluded to just as the scriptures have. If and when you can speak to all things as being the same yesterday, today, and forever, then perhaps we can continue. Until then the truth from God only comes here a little, there a little, while men struggle to piece it all together until the death of the flesh delivers each unto God, whether they have come out of darkness or not, which is evidenced in your own rationale. Unfortunately.
Dear ScottA,
I am still waiting for you to explain what you are stating with scripture. I only receive my truth from God's Word and not from the teaching of men.

As for the quote of being the same yesterday, today and forever; this is speaking about the nature of God. I don't see how it relates to what you are trying to say.

And yes, Christ teaches His truth in scripture line upon line and a little here and a little there and in "another language". He teaches this way so that all called out believers will not be able to understand the truth He is teaching. And because they cannot understand, their door opens to Satan's deceptions via the spirit of anti-Christ. The believer will then fall backward and be broken (lose their salvation). This is how the apostate church was formed.

Only after Christ pours out the Latter Rain and heals the fallen away believer's blindness, will they be able to come out of Satan's deceptions. This is the moment of salvation.

Joe

FaithWillDo

Mar 1, 2023
Fort Collins, CO, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Philippians 3
18 (For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ:
19 Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.)

2 Thessalonians 1
8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

2 Peter 2
12 But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption;

2 Peter 3
7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

Jude 1
11 Woe unto them! for they have gone in the way of Cain, and ran greedily after the error of Balaam for reward, and perished in the gainsaying of Core.
13 Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever.
Dear covenantee,
Don't you understand that all mankind must be destroyed so that we can be re-born as a child of God:

Jer 18:4 And the vessel that he made of clay was marred in the hand of the potter: so he made it again another vessel, as seemed good to the potter to make it.

John 12:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

Mat 26:52 Then said Jesus unto him, put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.

Isa 66:16 For by fire and by his sword will the LORD plead with all flesh: and the slain of the LORD shall be many.

Mat 3:11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Spirit, and with Fire.

We are destroyed by the judgment of Christ. His judgment is represented by the spiritual symbol "fire". To be saved, we must be baptized by the Holy Spirit and by Fire (not one or the other). This is conversion and is what the verses I quoted above teach.

The Elect are saved in this age but most of mankind will be saved at the end of the final age.

Mankind's salvation comes from the work of Christ and He will not fail anyone. The "another gospel" that Orthodox Christianity teaches says that Christ will not only fail, but that He will torment in literal fire most of mankind for all eternity. Surely you can see that this false gospel comes from Satan.

Joe

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear covenantee,
Don't you understand that all mankind must be destroyed so that we can be re-born as a child of God:

Jer 18:4 And the vessel that he made of clay was marred in the hand of the potter: so he made it again another vessel, as seemed good to the potter to make it.

John 12:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

Mat 26:52 Then said Jesus unto him, put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.

Isa 66:16 For by fire and by his sword will the LORD plead with all flesh: and the slain of the LORD shall be many.

Mat 3:11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Spirit, and with Fire.

We are destroyed by the judgment of Christ. His judgment is represented by the spiritual symbol "fire". To be saved, we must be baptized by the Holy Spirit and by Fire (not one or the other). This is conversion and is what the verses I quoted above teach.

The Elect are saved in this age but most of
mankind will be saved at the end of the final age.

Mankind's salvation comes from the work of Christ and He will not fail anyone.
"Universalism" teaches All will be saved, a false teaching found in the Unitarian Church

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no "Antichrist" in Daniel 9:24-27. That is a delusion and deception originating in the Jesuit futurism of the historical apostate papacy's counter-Reformation.

There is only one Individual identified as a prince in the passage.

He is Messiah.
Wrong

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Man of Sin is a believer who has the spirit of anti-Christ indwelling them. This is what caused the apostasy Paul mentioned in 2Thes 2:3. When Christ comes to a fallen believer (Man of Sin) and gives them the Latter Rain, their spiritual blindness will be healed. With these "eyes that can see", they will "see" the Abomination of Desolation within themselves. This is also when the Man of Sin is revealed to them and they will find that he is the one who is looking back at them in the mirror.

All end-time prophecy is a spiritual description of the Pathway to Salvation which the Elect will travel during their lifetimes. The end-time prophecies are not one-time outward world events which will happen in the future. Christ is "spirit" and so are His works.

Until a person can rightly divide the Word by the Old and New Covenant, scripture will remain veiled.

Joe
Nonsense

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear covenantee,

The Elect are saved in this age but most of mankind will be saved at the end of the final age.

Mankind's salvation comes from the work of Christ and He will not fail anyone. The "another gospel" that Orthodox Christianity teaches says that Christ will not only fail, but that He will torment in literal fire most of mankind for all eternity. Surely you can see that this false gospel comes from Satan.

Joe
Where does your gospel come from?

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seems like satan is seeking to take advantage of you and may already have!

You said: "Much of what the Lord is professing in me and through me...."

Correction - the LORD is not professing a single word through you unless it is what HE has already/previously spoken.

the LORD is not giving out any new 'revelation' to you and there is no new unfolding prophecy coming thru you.

You either agree with "It is written" by the Holy Spirit in Scripture or you are puffing yourself up and easy bait for satan's deception.

"God, who at various times and in various ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets, has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the worlds; who being the brightness of His glory and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high, having become so much better than the angels, as He has by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they." - Hebrews ch1

Every Born-Again, Holy Spirit Sealed Believer in Christ is built upon Christ and the Apostles and OT Prophets.

the Gospels, the Apostles Letters and our Lord's Revelation completed the Scriptures for us = no new prophecy or revelation.
Where do I ignore, change or deny God's written words?
You do err, the minute you follow after the doctrines of "churchianity", concerning the book of Revelation, all of which is taught to them by their denominational endorsed Bible Colleges and Seminaries, aka the wisdom of men.

You will not find my writings speaking against God's words. However, if your interpretation of His words is only literal, as they are written, then you will interpret them according to your own "natural man's mind" for understanding.

But, if my interpretation of God's words is spiritual, who are you to say that it's not the mind of Christ within me, of which you choose to not access within your ownself.
1 Cor. 2
[13] Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

1 Cor. 2
[14] But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
[15] But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.
[16] For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

1 Cor. 2[5] That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God. [aka, the Mind of Christ].

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Dear covenantee,

Joe
Dear Joe,
Don't you understand that God does not force Himself upon those who want nothing to do with Him?
Scripture describes their chosen fate.
Satan applauds their choice.
As he applauds those deceived by universalism.

Reactions: RLT63

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture?
Dan 9:26 - And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I said earlier, I place no value in the teachings of Orthodox Christianity. Just from a worldly perspective, I find it amazing that anyone places any value in them because there is no unity of beliefs in Orthodox Christianity. From the last numbers I've seen, there are around 2,000 different denominations/sects of Christianity in the world. Why would anyone believe anything coming from any of those 2000 churches when they have the ultimate source for truth readily available to them: God's Word.
1Ki 19:14-18 KJV 14 And he said, I have been very jealous for the LORD God of hosts: because the children of Israel have forsaken thy covenant, thrown down thine altars, and slain thy prophets with the sword; and I, even I only, am left; and they seek my life, to take it away. 15 And the LORD said unto him, Go, return on thy way to the wilderness of Damascus: and when thou comest, anoint Hazael to be king over Syria: 16 And Jehu the son of Nimshi shalt thou anoint to be king over Israel: and Elisha the son of Shaphat of Abelmeholah shalt thou anoint to be prophet in thy room. 17 And it shall come to pass, that him that escapeth the sword of Hazael shall Jehu slay: and him that escapeth from the sword of Jehu shall Elisha slay. 18 Yet I have left me seven thousand in Israel, all the knees which have not bowed unto Baal, and every mouth which hath not kissed him.

Reactions: covenantee

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Dan 9:26 - And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
Daniel 9
25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Daniel 9
25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.
The Jews didn’t destroy the temple, that was the Romans

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The people of the prince who will come are Romans, so it’s not Jesus
The prince is Messiah. He is the only Individual identified as a prince in the passage.

Messiah the Prince directed the Romans in the destruction of Jerusalem. They were His people, His agents, to accomplish His purposes of judgment and destruction.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The prince is Messiah. He is the only Individual identified as a prince in the passage.

Messiah the Prince directed the Romans in the destruction of Jerusalem. They were His people, His agents, to accomplish His purposes of judgment and destruction.
Many that follow reformed preterist eschatology ignore the words "Even Until The Consummation" this is a future event unfulfilled, it's that simple

Daniel's AOD is future, and the bad guy causing the Abomination and Desolation will be present on earth to the "Consummation" Ultimate End

"Future" Events Unfulfilled

This "Future" figure will be present on earth making (Abomination & Desolation) to the (Consummation) or (The Ultimate End) "Future" Event(s) Unfulfilled

(The Future Consummation)

2 Peter 3:10KJV
10 But
the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

Merriam-Webster
Definition of consummation

1: the act of consummating the consummation of a contract by mutual signature specifically : the consummating of a marriage
2:
the ultimate end

Daniel's AOD (Even Until The Consummation) "Future"!

Daniel 9:27KJV
27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations
he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

FaithWillDo

Mar 1, 2023
Fort Collins, CO, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear Joe,
Don't you understand that God does not force Himself upon those who want nothing to do with Him?
Scripture describes their chosen fate.
Satan applauds their choice.
As he applauds those deceived by universalism.
Dear Covenantee,
When Christ is ready for us to accept Him, He comes to us and changes our heart and mind by giving us the Spirit. We can accept Christ no other way.

1Cor 12:3 Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Spirit.

Christ must come to us first and give us the Spirit before we can accept Him as Lord. And when Christ gives us the Spirit, we can no longer reject Him. This is how Christ saves us and He is the one who chooses when He will do so.

Paul's conversion is the pattern for how Christ saves us. Paul hated Christ and was on his way to persecute the church in Damascus. But all that changed for Paul in an instant. Do you believe Christ forced Himself onto Paul or do you believe that Christ changed Paul's heart and mind by giving Paul the Spirit?

Where was Paul's "free will" decision in accepting Christ as you claim others must make? Christ caused Paul to accept Him by giving Paul the Spirit. Paul had no choice to decide any other way after the Spirit indwelt him.

Joe

Last edited:

FaithWillDo

Mar 1, 2023
Fort Collins, CO, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1Ki 19:14-18 KJV 14 And he said, I have been very jealous for the LORD God of hosts: because the children of Israel have forsaken thy covenant, thrown down thine altars, and slain thy prophets with the sword; and I, even I only, am left; and they seek my life, to take it away. 15 And the LORD said unto him, Go, return on thy way to the wilderness of Damascus: and when thou comest, anoint Hazael to be king over Syria: 16 And Jehu the son of Nimshi shalt thou anoint to be king over Israel: and Elisha the son of Shaphat of Abelmeholah shalt thou anoint to be prophet in thy room. 17 And it shall come to pass, that him that escapeth the sword of Hazael shall Jehu slay: and him that escapeth from the sword of Jehu shall Elisha slay. 18 Yet I have left me seven thousand in Israel, all the knees which have not bowed unto Baal, and every mouth which hath not kissed him.
Dear BarneyFife,
Thanks for the scripture. The Nation of Israel is a "type" for the church. They fell away to "type" the church's falling away. The converted Elect make up the "seven thousand" who do not bow to Satan.

Joe