The word of the Lord came to me saying

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I read the Bible and where someone wrote some like:

Jer 32:6 And Jeremiah said, “The word of the LORD came to me, saying,

You get the impression that somehow, they heard the Lord is this incredibly clear voice. Which kinds of bugs me, because while I hear words from Him, they do almost come across as a feeling or vague thought. Ok - I have been hearing from Him for over twenty years now, but still I sometimes wonder, was that really Him. Perhaps it was me and I am just crazy like the person hearing voices like the crazy person in front of the psychiatrist?

Now in my time with the Lord this morning - where I pray the Lord's prayer with some extras the try and listen to Him - He brought me to this section of Jeremiah. And after reading it He pointed out to me that it was not different for Jeremiah.

Jer 32:7 ‘Behold, Hanamel the son of Shallum your uncle is coming to you, saying, “Buy for yourself my field which is at Anathoth, for you have the right of redemption to buy it.”’
Jer 32:8“Then Hanamel my uncle’s son came to me in the court of the guard according to the word of the LORD and said to me, ‘Buy my field, please, that is at Anathoth, which is in the land of Benjamin; for you have the right of possession and the redemption is yours; buy it for yourself.’ Then I knew that this was the word of the LORD.

Notice how Jeremiah hears the word of the Lord coming and speaking to him, but he just didn't go off and buy the field but rather later Hanamel comes and asked him to buy the field - and notice that was when Jeremiah actually "knew" that was teh word of the Lord!!

That is soo often how it is with me. I hear Him. I would tell you I hear Him. But honestly that is a statement of faith, I don't really actually know until other things happens which prove it was actually Him who I heard from!!!

Now this type of thing has happened so many times in my life that I clearly believe that I hear from Him - or at least much of the time I do. Other times I hear and I am just waiting to make sure it was Him.... just like Jeremiah did back then.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
My experience is the same as yours...almost all the time. One exception was back in 1994. After being away from the Lord for 3 years, I turned back to Him. I sought Him earnestly every day for 4 months. Then I walked into a church in a warehouse. I didn't know the church.
After the service, we were given the opportunity to go up for prayer. As I was last up, and we stood side by side, I was on one end. That's where they started praying. The guy stood in front of me and I had visions from God.
At one point I saw a tall, thin, mountain that had fire swirling around it. From up higher than I could see, something came down to me. As it touched me, I clearly heard a voice say to me in a way that I'd never heard before, "All things are possible if one only believes."
I later found that in the bible, it was Jesus that said that. In my understanding, the voice of the Lord came to me that day.

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I read the Bible and where someone wrote some like:

Jer 32:6 And Jeremiah said, “The word of the LORD came to me, saying,

You get the impression that somehow, they heard the Lord is this incredibly clear voice. Which kinds of bugs me, because while I hear words from Him, they do almost come across as a feeling or vague thought. Ok - I have been hearing from Him for over twenty years now, but still I sometimes wonder, was that really Him. Perhaps it was me and I am just crazy like the person hearing voices like the crazy person in front of the psychiatrist?

Now in my time with the Lord this morning - where I pray the Lord's prayer with some extras the try and listen to Him - He brought me to this section of Jeremiah. And after reading it He pointed out to me that it was not different for Jeremiah.

Jer 32:7 ‘Behold, Hanamel the son of Shallum your uncle is coming to you, saying, “Buy for yourself my field which is at Anathoth, for you have the right of redemption to buy it.”’
Jer 32:8“Then Hanamel my uncle’s son came to me in the court of the guard according to the word of the LORD and said to me, ‘Buy my field, please, that is at Anathoth, which is in the land of Benjamin; for you have the right of possession and the redemption is yours; buy it for yourself.’ Then I knew that this was the word of the LORD.

Notice how Jeremiah hears the word of the Lord coming and speaking to him, but he just didn't go off and buy the field but rather later Hanamel comes and asked him to buy the field - and notice that was when Jeremiah actually "knew" that was teh word of the Lord!!

That is soo often how it is with me. I hear Him. I would tell you I hear Him. But honestly that is a statement of faith, I don't really actually know until other things happens which prove it was actually Him who I heard from!!!

Now this type of thing has happened so many times in my life that I clearly believe that I hear from Him - or at least much of the time I do. Other times I hear and I am just waiting to make sure it was Him.... just like Jeremiah did back then.
Karl, we are told to try the spirits for many anti-christ have gone out into the world (1 John 4:1). The only way to be sure it is from God is if it comes true or it is accompanied by the fruits of the Holy Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23)

Cross8527

Apr 29, 2022
pkc
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the reason he speaks to us in this way is because it requires us to one really listen and two go by faith. most of the time when he speaks to me it varies how he does it, it can be a small whisper of a thought or it can be an inner voice that has no sound or words it's just a git feeling or sense of knowing other times he places images in my minds eye other times still he speaks through a song or through another person and yet still other times his spirirt can suddenly come alive in me and give me the words to speak as if he is speaking to me through me.

Each time though it requires that i listen and know his voice and i have become accustome to his voice yet still have moments where i question it especially when it comes to certain things. for instance in my time being online i have frequented a different Christian forum and have seen God use me quite a lot on that forum at times his spirirt and love will just pour into the words i type on there and i see him impact the hearts of others i saw today in my minds eye golden liquid coming from my finger tips as i typed at first i thought it merely was my imagination thinking about the holy spirirt but after thinking about it talking with God he explained to me there was a deeper meaning to it.

The golden liquid was indeed the holy spirirt but also an anointing, all the times i had been online always telling him to usee me he did just that and i have personally seen him speak through me to others it is the most amazing thing, so the golden liquid coming from my finger tips was when he was speaking through me as i typed.

I got all this from a simple image in my mind