The Wrong Apostle

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This article was written by me and used on Christian debate sites. I believe it to be true based on the scriptures given.
-
Subject: Built on the wrong apostle:
-
It is believed, by many, that the grace church was started by Peter on the day of Pentecost. But if you look close all that is written in Acts, spoken by Peter, is to get the Jews (Israel) to accept Jesus as their Messiah and king so that He would return and setup the kingdom that was promised in the covenant God made with Abraham. This covenant was not made to the Gentiles.
-
Even in Acts 8 & 9 where we see Saul being converted it was still time for the Jews to accept Jesus as their king so that He could return and set up the promised kingdom.
-
Luke 13:6-10
The Parable of the Barren Fig Tree 6 He also spoke this parable: "A certain man had a fig tree planted in his vineyard, and he came seeking fruit on it and found none.
7 Then he said to the keeper of his vineyard, 'Look, for three years I have come seeking fruit on this fig tree and find none. Cut it down; why does it use up the ground?'
8 But he answered and said to him, 'Sir, let it alone this year also, until I dig around it and fertilize it.
9 And if it bears fruit, well. But if not, after that you can cut it down.'"
NKJV
-
God set the Jewish nation aside and went to the Gentiles when He, in 70 AD, had the Temple destroyed.
-
We see that Saul/Paul was chosen by God to be THE apostle to the Gentiles. His gospel of the grace of God was hidden in God and revealed to him (Paul), not the 12.
-
The 12 were apostles to the Jews. No where in the scriptures do we see Jesus and the 12 rescinding the Law of Moses, yet Paul taught that we are no longer under the Law of Moses and are dead to it. No where in the preaching of Peter, in the book of Acts, do we see any mention of salvation by the shed blood of Jesus on the cross. The reason is very simple. It was not revealed to them until Jesus told it to Paul.
-
Many say that James rescinded the law in Acts 15. But did he really? He said the Gentiles did not have to keep the law but nowhere in Acts 15 did he say the Jews did not have to keep it. If you go up to Acts 21:18-25 you will see that the 12 are still teaching the Jews that they are under the Law of Moses.
-
I believe that if people would REALLY see the words in the scriptures for what they say they would find that the religious have perverted the scriptures to say what they want them to say in order to keep the religious ideas they have. Satan does not want people to believe God’s promises given to Paul. Most of these religious ideas came through the RCC who built their church on the wrong apostle. If you look close you will see that the RCC has many of the religious rituals performed by the Jews in their Temple worship. The church for this age is built on the writings of the apostle Paul who was sent to the Gentiles by the Son of God, Jesus.
-
Acts 9:13-16 NKJV
13 Then Ananias answered, "Lord, I have heard from many about this man, how much harm he has done to Your saints in Jerusalem.
14 And here he has authority from the chief priests to bind all who call on Your name."
15 But the Lord said to him, "Go, for he is a chosen vessel of Mine to bear My name before Gentiles, kings, and the children of Israel.
16 For I will show him how many things he must suffer for My name's sake."
-
Acts 22:20-21 NKJV (Paul talking to Jesus in context)
20 And when the blood of Your martyr Stephen was shed, I also was standing by consenting to his death, and guarding the clothes of those who were killing him.
21 Then He said to me, 'Depart, for I will send you far from here to the Gentiles.'"
-
Gal 2:9-10 NKJV
9 and when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that had been given to me, they gave me and Barnabas the right hand of fellowship, that we should go to the Gentiles and they to the circumcised.
10 They desired only that we should remember the poor, the very thing which I also was eager to do.
-
Do the religious churches teach the agreement that was made in Gal 2:9-10 between the 12 and Paul? I think not. Do they teach that, under grace, we are no longer under the law of Moses that was taught by Jesus and the 12 to the Jews? I think not. Do they teach that the whole world will be judged by Paul’s gospel of grace, I think not.
-
Rom 2:16 NKJV (Paul wrote)
16 in the day when God will judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, according to my gospel.
-
Since Paul said the world will be judged according to his gospel then it would be wise to actually know his gospel.