Third Temple?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wouldn't hold up with the foot traffic.

And then there's the issue of the holy of Holies. The Jews are petrified of it...

Look at the history of past high priests...and length of term of service. I guarantee you that many died on atonement day. Pulled out by the rope on their ankle.

It managed to work for hundreds of years, I'm sure 7 yrs. wouldn't be an issue.

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But Haggai 2:8-9 says; the glory of the latter temple will surpass the splendor of the former.
This did not apply to the second Temple. The new Temple will be greater than Solomon's Temple.

The "temple" of the a/c and the temple of Jesus in the millennium aren't the same.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It managed to work for hundreds of years, I'm sure 7 yrs. wouldn't be an issue.
That's what I have been saying...it hasn't been working.
They have had to repair it several times...it's fallen on people several times.

Reactions: historyb

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
The "temple" of the a/c and the temple of Jesus in the millennium aren't the same.
Bible prophecy does not indicate two new Temples.

What does indicate the same Temple built before Jesus Returns, as per Ezekiel 40 to 46, will stand for the Millennium, is the extra 75 days beyond the Return, Daniel 12:12 which will be the time required to cleanse and re-dedicate the Temple. From the Mo'ed of Tabernacles; the Day Jesus Returns, to exactly 75 days later at Hanukkah, the same day as the 2nd Temple was re-dedicated in 164 BC.

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's what I have been saying...it hasn't been working.
They have had to repair it several times...it's fallen on people several times.

I was speaking of the time from Moses to Solomon.

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bible prophecy does not indicate two new Temples.

What does indicate the same Temple built before Jesus Returns, as per Ezekiel 40 to 46, will stand for the Millennium, is the extra 75 days beyond the Return, Daniel 12:12 which will be the time required to cleanse and re-dedicate the Temple. From the Mo'ed of Tabernacles; the Day Jesus Returns, to exactly 75 days later at Hanukkah, the same day as the 2nd Temple was re-dedicated in 164 BC.

Jesus won't rule from the same temple the a/c ruled from...that's a fact.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was speaking of the time from Moses to Solomon.
Out on the flat desert floor?
Ok...
But I was referring to the Temple Mount...which is commanded in the Torah to be on the Temple Mount. One place of worship...not two. (Which incidentally they did or claimed and caused them all sorts of issues)

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Out on the flat desert floor?
Ok...
But I was referring to the Temple Mount...which is commanded in the Torah to be on the Temple Mount. One place of worship...not two. (Which incidentally they did or claimed and caused them all sorts of issues)

Sorry, John but you won't find a "temple" or temple mount in the Torah. As I said, they didn't have one until hundreds of years later when Solomon built the first one.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, John but you won't find a "temple" or temple mount in the Torah. As I said, they didn't have one until hundreds of years later when Solomon built the first one.
You don't remember "one place of worship". Deuteronomy 12.
The whole fight between the Jews and Samaritans?
The sins of Jeroboam son of Nabat?

Last edited:

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Book of Revelation is yet to be fulfilled correct?
Then my question is what does Revelation 11:2 refer to? Think about it.
Revelation 11:2, KJV: "But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months."

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Book of Revelation is yet to be fulfilled correct?
Then my question is what does Revelation 11:2 refer to? Think about it.
Revelation 11:2, KJV: "But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months."

Yeah...that's Revelations...
I was simply referring to the whole logistics of a third Temple.
Many people believe in one being built as a sign that end times are upon us.

I was just saying that logistically it isn't going to happen anytime soon.
The Temple Mount retaining walls are crumbling. The fill materials are tunnelled throughout and need replacing. The fill materials and every board, rock, and bit of stone and marble will want to be gone over by archeologist and engineers.

There are Cedars from Lebanon that David paid for that are still in use...as well as Cypress.

They need to secure up the foundation for all the earthquakes. Especially before you start to build a new Temple upon the hill.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah...that's Revelations...
I was simply referring to the whole logistics of a third Temple.
Many people believe in one being built as a sign that end times are upon us.

I was just saying that logistically it isn't going to happen anytime soon.
The Temple Mount retaining walls are crumbling. The fill materials are tunnelled throughout and need replacing. The fill materials and every board, rock, and bit of stone and marble will want to be gone over by archeologist and engineers.

There are Cedars from Lebanon that David paid for that are still in use...as well as Cypress.

They need to secure up the foundation for all the earthquakes. Especially before you start to build a new Temple upon the hill.
So with regard to the recent peace agreement between Israel and the Muslim nation there is already talk about Israel purchasing the temple mount from them.
Not sure where they are with it but I think the Muslims are tired of messing with it.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So with regard to the recent peace agreement between Israel and the Muslim nation there is already talk about Israel purchasing the temple mount from them.
Not sure where they are with it but I think the Muslims are tired of messing with it.

Uhhh
There was a peace settlement between the United Arab Emirates nation and Israel...
The Palestinians got three kinds of their feelings hurt when they did so.
The Palestinians are the ones who have some control over the mountain now.

Most Jews are nervous about going up there.

However...
They do have a breed of red cattle they have been successful with in making blemish free. So when the time comes...

But right now Israel controls all the land around it. (Except for one street)
I would like to say that the taxis and street vendors do but that would be snarky.

The most honest vendors in the area are the money exchange people. Don't be shy with them. American money is barely accepted outside of Jerusalem.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The main reason that Israel will not be allowed to retake the Temple Mount is because of Mohammed's prophecy that Israel will never exist again.

If Israel exists (including their Temple) then Mohammed is wrong and a false prophet.

They're not going to allow for that to happen.

There are literally millions of Muslims who are more than willing to suicide bomb themselves to stop Israel from doing any such thing.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The main reason that Israel will not be allowed to retake the Temple Mount is because of Mohammed's prophecy that Israel will never exist again.

If Israel exists (including their Temple) then Mohammed is wrong and a false prophet.

They're not going to allow for that to happen.

There are literally millions of Muslims who are more than willing to suicide bomb themselves to stop Israel from doing any such thing.
With God all things are possible. His Word says He will restore Israel to be as He intended.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With God all things are possible. His Word says He will restore Israel to be as He intended.
Oh I'm not saying that God can't do anything...
Far from that.
But a third Temple here on Earth is going to be a huge brew ha ha...and it's going to take a huge amount of time to accomplish so long as they follow the Law. (I think that they will for a Temple) and besides...first they will clean up all the trash on the Muslim side...there's a bunch usually littered about.

God's Temple in Heaven?
Whole nother critter...
It's already been done.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
People just don't seem to understand what is Prophesied.
Over 100 clearly stated Bible prophecies tell us that the Lord will send punishment to clear and cleanse all the holy Land. The first mention of this terrible event is in Deuteronomy 32:34-43 and the last is in Revelation 6:12-17 and 14:17-20

Everyone, except those who have their 'heads in the sand'; can see how there must come soon, some kind of dramatic change to the situation in the Middle East and worldwide, of over population, food shortages and sectarian strife.

Jesus said that when He will take action in the world next; it will be as it was in the days of Noah.
What happened in Noah's time? The wicked peoples were wiped out and only 8 people survived. This time, many more will survive and the unbelievers will form a One World Govt, but the faithful Christians will be gathered into all of the holy Land. Ezekiel 34:11-16
WE will build a new Temple to the glory of God, as He fulfills all the amazing Promises to us; of peace and prosperity.
Great will be that time!

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't remember "one place of worship". Deuteronomy 12.
The whole fight between the Jews and Samaritans?
The sins of Jeroboam son of Nabat?

That's got nothing to do with a temple. The jews had synagogues in almost every major town. Only for specific feasts did they all have to come to Jerusalem.