Thoughts about using a KJV update?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Would you use a KJV update?

• Yes

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • No

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Probably

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Probably not

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Not sure

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God did not do any Bible, did He sign off on any Bible. God did not do it,

In all Jesus' teachings He referred to the divine authority of the Old Testament (Matthew 5:17-18; Matthew 8:17;Matthew 12:40-42; Luke 4:18-21; Luke 10:25-28; Luke 15:29-31; Luke 17:32; Luke 24:25-45; John 5:39-47). He quoted the Old Testament 78 times, the Pentateuch alone 26 times. He quoted from Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Deuteronomy, Psalms, Proverbs, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Daniel, Hosea, Amos, Jonah, Micah, and Malachi. He referred to the Old Testament as “The Scriptures,” “the word of God,” and “the wisdom of God.” Jesus defeated the devil by using Scripture. For three words, "It is written" was said 3 times by Jesus inMatthew 4:1-11. This is confirmed by Ephesians 6 with how the Sword of the Spirit is the Word of God which is a part of putting on the amor of God so that one can stand against the wiles of the devil (Ephesians 6:11, 16). For the Living Word (Jesus) is like a two edged sword that divides asunder the soul and the spirit because He always speaks the words of God because He is God (Hebrews 4:12).

Christians regard the Holy Bible as Scripture because of this.

The Bible itself (or Scripture) says:

“All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:” (2 Timothy 3:16).

So ALL Scripture and not some Scripture is given by inspiration of God. It is inspired by God whereby it is worthy or profitable for doctrine, reproof, correction, and instruction in righteousness.

Your statement here is simply a lack of faith in Scripture being inspired by God.

so perfection is not even a issue. Nothing perfect in this world.

God’s Word says His words are pure words:

Psalms 12:6 -
“The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.”

Proverbs 30:5 -
“Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.”

Psalms 119:140 -
“Thy word is very pure: therefore thy servant loveth it.”

Something pure means it is perfect.

You said:
The funny thing is, can you find in the Bible where Christ told the Apostles to write anything down.

True, but what is purpose of John's book or gospel?

John 20:30-31 says,
"And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book: But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name."

Did you catch that? It essentially says these things (Within the book of John) are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ and that we might have life (eternal life) through his name. In other words, a person can receive eternal life or salvation in Jesus Christ by reading the book of John. This is the "Written of God." In other words, this shows that the "Written Word of God" alone is sufficient to bring us to saving faith in God.

You said:
Errors.....The KJV is literally famous for spelling errors over the years. Then it was translated from faulty sources. It did not even have a chance.

Not all KJB's are the same. Many attempted revisions but they were not official revisions or updates. I believe there are seven major KJB Editions that matches up with the seven purifications mentioned in Psalms 12:6-7. The Pure Cambridge Edition KJB (circa. 1900) is the final purification or settled version. I believe all seven major KJB editions (or purifications) all say the truth, but the final purification was the Cambridge Edition (circa. 1900).

Check out this PDF link to learn more:

http://www.bibleprotector.com/LUL04.pdf

You said:
Idolatry
extreme admiration, love, or reverence for something or someone.

Webster's
1.: the worship of a physical object as a god

2: immoderate attachment or devotion to something

If you have to look up the word idolatry in the dictionary to get a definition of what it means, you don't really understand idolatry of how the Bible uses that word. The first definition you gave is more of a Modernized version of idolatry. Anyways, idolatry in the Bible would be the definition you have given for the number one definition within the Webster's Dictionary. It is the worship of a physical object as a god. Most King James Only believers do not worship the King James Bible as if it was literally the entirety of God Himself. The King James Bible is the thoughts of God in written form. So in a way it is a part of God (in that it is His expressed thoughts), but it is just not the essence or core of His being. God is a spirit being and He is not words on a page. No KJB Christian I know of thinks God is a book. But they do revere His words and cherish them, and admire them. That's not idolatry (Despite your modernized false definition). If you think otherwise, I would encourage you to reconsider what I said about being born again spiritually from my previous post.

Last edited:

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Grailhunter said:
He told us to study the Old Testament not worship it.

Christians are not under the Old Testament, but as 2 Timothy 3:16 says all Scripture is profitable for the man of God. You either don't understand worship or you are falsely accusing the brethren. I would like to think the better of you and think you simply don't understand the meaning of worship as taught in the Bible.

You said:
And of course no one in the New Testament called their writings scriptures.

Peter says that his beloved brother Paul that his writings are twisted just as they do the rest of the Scriptures (or other Scriptures).

"And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction." (2 Peter 3:15-16) (KJB).

2 Peter 3:16 AMP
“speaking about these things as he does in all of his letters. In which there are some things that are difficult to understand,
which the untaught and unstable [who have fallen into error] twist and misinterpret, just as they do the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction.”

Paul says,
“If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.” (1 Corinthians 14:37).

You said:
This is not that! LOL It is your reverence of a specific book, not the scriptures....a book. I like the NASB....the NIV....the HCSB.... but if someone finds an error in them or prefers another Bible....It is not going to have much of an effect on me. You like the KJV, so do I, just not for study. I bet I own more KJV's than you do. I have a collection....at one time the largest and most beautiful Bible I owned was a table top illustrated KJV from the early 1900's.

But you really don't seem to care about God's Word. For you it's just seems like it is optional because a person can know God without the Bible (according to your previous statements). You also do not have any high regard for Scripture because you fellowship with many Christian denominations. This simply means you don't know what the Bible teaches or you have chosen to take an extreme liberal approach to the Bible. Seeing you believe in Evolution, I take it you just read the Bible liberally and you accept what you like, and you throw out what you don't like. For if anything you don't like... you can just chock it up to an error in the Bible. Great hermeneutics.

See, I feel that way about the manuscripts....Bibles are God's Word twice removed. People like things set in their lap. Accepting someone else's translation. I do like the older King James Versions that say...The Authorized King James Version. LOL Authorized by who?! I am partial to the Gideons. Translations are re-writing what God said....literally. Questioning if someone believes in God's Words....is rude. Saying that you know the only true Bible....is rude. You can say you think... With all the evidence of the errors in the KJV, your faith is misplaced.....place your faith in God.

So according to you: I can get faith without a King James Bible and I need to just have faith generally in God? That is what it sounds like you are saying. If so... then you don't need the Jesus of the Bible or anything He said. You can follow your own thoughts or some vision or some dream instead.

I think it a good idea to translate scriptures yourself....but I am not going to say that, You do not fully believe, unless you translate scriptures! You are not gettine the true Word of God unless you translate scriptures! You don't love God if you don't translate scriptures!

You did not appear to even know about the Nestle and Aland text. They are based upon the Alexandrian manuscripts. There is also the Textus Receptus manuscripts (i.e. where the KJB comes from). There are other types of manuscripts out there. So which one do you choose? They are not all the same.

I accept Bibles for what they are worth....the more accurate the better. If I recommend any it is because they are more accurate and easy to read. No perfection....just less errors.

But how do you detect truth from error? Do you have a truth detector machine or gauge that helps you to determine that?

You said:
Are you envisioning God with a pen?

God spoke through the authors or writers of Scripture. All Scripture is divinely inspired (2 Timothy 3:16). Too bad you don't believe that.

You said:
Yes, I am a student of Christian History and times.

No your not. You are not really aware of the basics of Bible history. You either are unaware or you reject the history of the King James Bible, and the history of the Revisers (that attempted to depart from the Received Text for a more heretical one).

You said:
Religion lead by the uneducated....what did Christ say about the blind leading the blind? What you have is a religion of the King James Version....a religion of a book.

This is why you don't understand the Bible when I talk with you about basic things within it.

I will post something based on Scripture to you that will hopefully get you thinking.

Last edited:

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Grailhunter

The Symbiotic Relationship Between
The Living Word, & the Communicated Word:

1. Christ is good (John 10:11, John 10:14), and the word is good (1 Kings 2:42).

2. Christ is the truth (John 14:6), and the word is the truth (John 17:17).

3. Christ is called Faithful and True (Revelation 19:11), and the word is called faithful and true (Revelation 22:6).

4. Christ is pure (1 John 3:3), and the word is pure (Proverbs 30:5).

5. Christ is incorruptible (Acts of the Apostles 2:27), and the word is incorruptible (1 Peter 1:23).

6. Christ abides forever (John 12:34), and the word abides forever (1 Peter 1:23).

7. Christ’s name: “Jesus” is above all names (Which would include God’s name) (Philippians 2:9-10), and the word is above God’s name (Psalms 138:2).

8. Christ has flaming eyes of fire (Revelation 19:12), and the Word is like a fire (Jeremiah 23:29).

9. Christ can burn things like a fire (Matthew 3:12), and the word can burn things like a fire (Luke 24:32).

10. Christ can be eaten (John 6:57), and the word can be eaten (Jeremiah 15:16).

11. Christ is like the discovery of treasure (Matthew 13:44-46, cf. 2 Corinthians 4:7-10), and the word is like the discovery of treasure (Psalms 119:162).

12. Christ is the light (John 8:12), and the word is light (Psalms 119:105).

13. Christ is life (John 14:6, 1 John 5:12), and the word is life (John 6:63).

14. Christ is the living bread (John 6:51), and the word is the living bread (Matthew 4:4).

15. Christ is eternal life (Romans 6:23, 1 Timothy 6:16, 1 John 5:20) and the word is eternal life (John 6:68) (cf. Matthew 24:35, John 6:63).

16. Christ quickens (makes alive) (John 5:21), and the word quickens (makes alive) (Psalms 119:50).

17. It is by Christ which makes the gospel possible (1 Corinthians 15:1-4), and it is by the word which makes the gospel possible (1 Peter 1:25).

18. Christ is near to men (Acts of the Apostles 17:27) (Revelation 3:20) (Psalms 145:18), and the word is near to men (Romans 10:8).

19. Christ discerns the heart (Matthew 9:4, Luke 9:47), and the word discerns the heart (Hebrews 4:12).

20. Christ can get men through a storm (Mark 4:35-41), and the word can get men through a storm (Matthew 7:24-25).

21. Christ sanctifies (John 17:19), and the word sanctifies (John 17:17).

(Continued in next post):

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
22. A person can stumble over Christ (Romans 9:33, 1 Peter 2:5-8), and a person can stumble over the word (1 Peter 2:8).

23. Christ will judge men (John 5:22), and the word will judge men (John 12:48).

24. Christ’s bones were never broken (John 19:36 cf. Psalms 34:20), and the word is never broken (John 10:35).

25. Believers are told to seek after Christ (Matthew 28:5, Mark 16:6), and believers are told to seek after the word (Isaiah 34:16).

26. Christ is our hope (1 Thessalonians 1:3, Colossians 1:27, 1 Timothy 1:1), and the word is our hope (Psalms 130:5).

27. Believers are to have the mind of Christ (1 Corinthians 2:16), and believers are to meditate (use their mind) upon the word (Psalms 119:148,
2 Timothy 2:15 KJV).

28. Christ is to be heard and obeyed (Matthew 7:24), and the word is to be heard and obeyed (James 1:22).

29. The love of God is within Christ (Romans 8:39), and keeping the word places the love of God within us (1 John 2:5) (Also see John 14:23).

30. Christ is the way to the living waters, which is the Holy Spirit (John 7:37-39), and the washing of the water of the word (Ephesians 5:25-27) (which is obedience to God) is the way to having the Spirit (Acts of the Apostles 5:32).

31. Christ is like the foundation that is a part of a house (1 Corinthians 3:9, 1 Corinthians 3:11), and He is like a rock (1 Corinthians 10:4), and the obeying the word is like a house built upon the rock (Matthew 7:24).

32. Believers are to follow after the steps of Christ (1 Peter 2:21), and believers are to order their steps in the word (Psalms 119:133).

33. Christ breathed the Spirit upon his faithful chosen (John 20:22), and the word is “inspired by God” (i.e. God breathed) for the benefit of his faithful chosen (2 Timothy 3:16-17).

34. Christ is the way to having the fruits of righteousness (Philippians 1:11), and the word is the way to being instructed in righteousness so to be perfect unto all good works (fruits) (2 Timothy 3:16-17).

35. Christ can abide in us (John 15:4-7) (Ephesians 3:17) (Philippians 4:13), and the word can abide in us (John 15:7, Psalms 119:11).

36. Christ dwells in our hearts (Ephesians 3:17), and the word dwells in our hearts (Colossians 3:16).

37. Believers can be hidden in Christ (Colossians 3:3), and the word can be hidden in believers (Psalms 119:11).

38. Christ is always with us (Matthew 28:20), and the word is always with us (Psalms 119:98).

39. Christ can make our joy full (John 15:11), and the word can make our joy full (1 John 1:4).

40. Believers’ hearts rejoice with Christ (John 16:22), and believers’ hearts rejoice with the word (Jeremiah 15:16).

..41. Christ is called a seed (Galatians 3:16), and the word is called a seed (1 Peter 1:23, Luke 8:11) (Note: See my post below here for further details).​

The communicated word of God that we have today is the Bible.

“So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.” (Isaiah 55:11).

Jesus (the Living Word) was sent by the commandment (mouth) of the Father. Jesus said and did everything the Father told Him to do (John 12:49) (John 14:31).

What is interesting is that the Living Word accomplished that which the Father commanded Him to do and to prosper (accomplish) that thing He sent to do (i.e. Jesus suffered on the cross, and said, “It is finished” and died for man’s sins). Jesus was risen three days later, and ascended to the Father. God’s Word (the living Word) did not return void by whom the Father sent.

The communicated Word can also be sent out and not return void, as well. For many have believed and have stayed faithful to what God’s Word says.

In the creation: The Word made flesh (John 1:1, John 1:14) (i.e. Christ) created everything. In the beginning God spoke words to bring forth the creation in six days (Genesis 1:1-31).

So in the beginning was the Living Word, and the communicated Word.

In the end of this sinful world: Christ will return (Revelation 19:11-21) and a sharp sword will proceed from His mouth. This sword could be the “sword of the Spirit,” (Which is the Word of God) or it could be symbolic of such (Ephesians 6:17).

So in the end there will be the Living Word, and the communicated Word.

For at Christ’s return: His name is called The “Word of God.” (Revelation 19:13) (Living Word).

On His thigh, and vesture is a name written (words) “KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.” (Communicated Word).

Jesus was beaten to a pulp and crucified on a tree.

The Word we have today (the Bible) is a result of pulp made from a tree.

Jesus was the Word made flesh (covered in skin).

The Word we have today (the Bible) is popular to be available covered in skin (leather).

Words on the page hang on this tree (paper) (the Bible),
just like the Living Word hung on a tree (the cross).

Side Note:

Please hover your mouse over the verses and read them all please. If you have to go back and do it, please do so now. Thank you.

Last edited:

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From another Christian forum ToS: "We have decided that it is best to ban promotion of King James Version Only (KJVO) and King James Bible Only. King James Version preference is fine. As a Christian site that has people from many different denominations with different or authorized versions of the Bible we will consider any promotion of KJVO as goading/flaming."

I totally agree with this policy.

Of course you do.

You cannot stand to hear the truth!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course you do.

You cannot stand to hear the truth!

Oh how mature of you to write this -- not. Why not try being an adult?

John 8:31-32, NET: " Then Jesus said to those Judeans who had believed him, “If you continue to follow my teaching, you are really my disciples and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”

Why not try this for yourself?

Please read my "signature" below, as it most definitely applies to you.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have never seen the Nestle and Aland editions and don't care.

I thought you were into different English Modern Bible Translations.
Most of all your English Modern Bibles today are translated based upon the Nestle and Aland New Testament Greek Text. So if you don't care then you need to retract your statement that you use Modern English Bibles.

I did not learn this fact by Wikipedia, but if you need confirmation on this, Wikipedia states:

“Novum Testamentum Graece (The New Testament in Greek) is a critical edition of the New Testament in its original Koine Greek, forming the basis of most modern Bible translations and biblical criticism.”​

Source:
Novum Testamentum Graece - Wikipedia

This is the Nestle and Aland Text. it is the basis for most Modern translations and biblical criticism.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Grailhunter

According to you, you believe the Psalmist below here is committing idolatry because he says he loves God's word.

Psalms 119:140 says:

Before you said:

“Idolatry
extreme admiration, love, or reverence for something or someone.”

~ Quote by: Grailhunter.​

I mean, if I love God that is not idolatry. Neither is it idolatry if I love his word like the Psalmist said.

Reactions: Michiah-Imla

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I start using words like “serpents”, “vipers”, or “child of the Devil” like Jesus and Paul did, I might get banned…

No hard feelings. It’s not personal man.

You are making it personal. Your attack on me personally shows your true character. If you were more like Jesus I would pay more attention to you, but instead you behave like a Pharisee. Once you start behaving in a Christian manner I will pay attention to what you have to say.

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christians are not under the Old Testament, but as 2 Timothy 3:16 says all Scripture is profitable for the man of God. You either don't understand worship or you are falsely accusing the brethren. I would like to think the better of you and think you simply don't understand the meaning of worship as taught in the Bible.

Peter says that his beloved brother Paul that his writings are twisted just as they do the rest of the Scriptures (or other Scriptures).

"And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction." (2 Peter 3:15-16) (KJB).

2 Peter 3:16 AMP
“speaking about these things as he does in all of his letters. In which there are some things that are difficult to understand,
which the untaught and unstable [who have fallen into error] twist and misinterpret, just as they do the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction.”

Paul says,
“If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.” (1 Corinthians 14:37).

But you really don't seem to care about God's Word. For you it's just seems like it is optional because a person can know God without the Bible (according to your previous statements). You also do not have any high regard for Scripture because you fellowship with many Christian denominations. This simply means you don't know what the Bible teaches or you have chosen to take an extreme liberal approach to the Bible. Seeing you believe in Evolution, I take it you just read the Bible liberally and you accept what you like, and you throw out what you don't like. For if anything you don't like... you can just chock it up to an error in the Bible. Great hermeneutics.

So according to you: I can get faith without a King James Bible and I need to just have faith generally in God? That is what it sounds like you are saying. If so... then you don't need the Jesus of the Bible or anything He said. You can follow your own thoughts or some vision or some dream instead.

You did not appear to even know about the Nestle and Aland text. They are based upon the Alexandrian manuscripts. There is also the Textus Receptus manuscripts (i.e. where the KJB comes from). There are other types of manuscripts out there. So which one do you choose? They are not all the same.

But how do you detect truth from error? Do you have a truth detector machine or gauge that helps you to determine that?

God spoke through the authors or writers of Scripture. All Scripture is divinely inspired (2 Timothy 3:16). Too bad you don't believe that.

No your not. You are not really aware of the basics of Bible history. You either are unaware or you reject the history of the King James Bible, and the history of the Revisers (that attempted to depart from the Received Text for a more heretical one).

This is why you don't understand the Bible when I talk with you about basic things within it.

I will post something based on Scripture to you that will hopefully get you thinking.
King James Version uses a lot of old English, making it a study in language first and then a study of God's Word.
Anyone thinking that American English speakers/readers should use it really need to rethink that.
I use to sing these old songs in church and I often said to myself (what am I singing here, it makes no sense).
It'd not a sensible way of being/getting filled with the Holy Spirit.

Reactions: Jim B

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Grailhunter

According to you, you believe the Psalmist below here is committing idolatry because he says he loves God's word.

Psalms 119:140 says:

Before you said:

“Idolatry
extreme admiration, love, or reverence for something or someone.”

~ Quote by: Grailhunter.​

I mean, if I love God that is not idolatry. Neither is it idolatry if I love his word like the Psalmist said.

Yeah but what you love is the King James translation, not God's word, i.e., His message to people. When Jesus was on Earth He was a Galilean carpenter who spoke Aramaic, the plain dialogue of the people. Forsooth, he spoketh not in stilted language that meaneth naught to those who heard Him. The KJV version is a beautiful rendition of the ancient texts, but it is not the only word of God. It is more than 400 years old and was created specifically to justify King James' authoritarian rule. I live in the 21st Century USA and read the best translations I can find, along with excellent commentary, in my native language. They have been created by excellent scholars to communicate God's written words to people living in the present time using all the best source texts available, coupled with extensive research into the ancient cultures and what those writings actually meant. Unlike the KJV, they try to give us the best understanding of what the early texts actually say and mean, not to justify someone's attempt to give God's backing of his secular rule over them.

If that's your preferred translation, fine, but stop promoting it as the pure words of God. It isn't!

Last edited:

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah but what you love is the King James translation, not God's word, i.e., His message to people. When Jesus was on Earth He was a Galilean carpenter who spoke Aramaic, the plain dialogue of the people. Forsooth, he spoketh not in stilted language that meaneth naught to those who heard Him. The KJV version is a beautiful rendition of the ancient texts, but it is not the only word of God. It is more than 400 years old and was created specifically to justify King James' authoritarian rule. I live in the 21st Century USA and read the best translations I can find, along with excellent commentary, in my native language. They have been created by excellent scholars to communicate God's written words to people living in the present time using all the best source texts available, coupled with extensive research into the ancient cultures and what those writings actually meant. Unlike the KJV, they try to give us the best understanding of what the early texts actually say and mean, not to justify someone's attempt to give God's backing of his secular rule over them.

If that's your preferred translation, fine, but stop promoting it as the pure words of God. It isn't!

You cannot stop me from promoting the KJB being the pure words of God. So I will keep doing so. I have come up with 101 reasons for the KJB being the pure Word of God. You have not offered anything that is not even remotely convincing that would convince me otherwise. I have provided 9 doctrines that are changed in Modern Bibles. You can claim the originals are better but that is a faith based position with no biblical support. The Originals are non existent and you never seen them. You would not recognize them even if you did see them.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some in this discussion dismiss modern translations because they claim that they are based on the Nestle and Aland New Testament Greek Text, claiming that it bolsters Roman Catholic thinking. My preferred translation, the NET, states this in the introduction...

"As for the Greek text used in the NET Bible New Testament, an eclectic text was followed, differing in several hundred places from the standard critical text by the Nestle-Aland 28th edition (each of these differences is indicated by a double dagger [‡] preceding the text-critical note). The translators who prepared the initial drafts of individual New Testament books made preliminary decisions regarding textual variants, and these were then checked and discussed by editors and a textual consultant. Where there are significant variant readings these are normally indicated in a text-critical note (tc) along with a few of the principal witnesses (Greek manuscripts, ancient versions, and patristic writers) supporting the variants ..." and more."

This clearly indicates the falsity of the KJVOs who claim that the original Nestle-Aland is the basis for modern translation. (It is in its 29th edition, i.e., it has been modified 28 times since originally published). Clearly the bigotry of the KJVOs is shown for what it truly is: an attempt to claim the King James Bible of 1611 is the "pure" Word of God. If they want to throw modern Biblical scholarship in the trash in favor of a translation created solely to justify and amplify the "Christianity" of a secular king, what more can be said. It's bigotry and nonsense, pure and simple.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You cannot stop me from promoting the KJB being the pure words of God. So I will keep doing so. I have come up with 101 reasons for the KJB being the pure Word of God. You have not offered anything that is not even remotely convincing that would convince me otherwise. I have provided 9 doctrines that are changed in Modern Bibles. You can claim the originals are better but that is a faith based position with no biblical support. The Originals are non existent and you never seen them. You would not recognize them even if you did see them.

Read my post above. It says why your basing your worship of the KJV is nonsense. Kepp promoting it if you wish; that is exactly what the King would want you to do. Believe a lie!

Saying that I can claim "the originals are better but that is a faith based position with no biblical support" is bizarre. A translation is better than the earliest and best original language texts? You are clearly delusional! Unlike yourself, I respect modern scholarship. Nobody has ever seen the originals, including you or the KJV translators. Stick with your outdated, error-filled translation if you wish; that's your business. Being delusional is nothing to be proud of!

Again, read my "signature" below as it specifically applies to you

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You wrote " I have come up with 101 reasons for the KJB being the pure Word of God." Where are they? I could use a good laugh, especially after reading your bizarre, nonsensical KJVO posts.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In all Jesus' teachings He referred to the divine authority of the Old Testament (Matthew 5:17-18; Matthew 8:17;Matthew 12:40-42; Luke 4:18-21; Luke 10:25-28; Luke 15:29-31; Luke 17:32; Luke 24:25-45; John 5:39-47). He quoted the Old Testament 78 times, the Pentateuch alone 26 times. He quoted from Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Deuteronomy, Psalms, Proverbs, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Daniel, Hosea, Amos, Jonah, Micah, and Malachi. He referred to the Old Testament as “The Scriptures,” “the word of God,” and “the wisdom of God.” Jesus defeated the devil by using Scripture. For three words, "It is written" was said 3 times by Jesus inMatthew 4:1-11. This is confirmed by Ephesians 6 with how the Sword of the Spirit is the Word of God which is a part of putting on the amor of God so that one can stand against the wiles of the devil (Ephesians 6:11, 16). For the Living Word (Jesus) is like a two edged sword that divides asunder the soul and the spirit because He always speaks the words of God because He is God (Hebrews 4:12).

Christians regard the Holy Bible as Scripture because of this.

The Bible itself (or Scripture) says:

“All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:” (2 Timothy 3:16).

So ALL Scripture and not some Scripture is given by inspiration of God. It is inspired by God whereby it is worthy or profitable for doctrine, reproof, correction, and instruction in righteousness.

Your statement here is simply a lack of faith in Scripture being inspired by God.

God’s Word says His words are pure words:

Psalms 12:6 -
“The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.”

Proverbs 30:5 -
“Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.”

Psalms 119:140 -

Something pure means it is perfect.

This is mostly about scriptures, written long before Bibles. All good scriptures....But there no such thing as "The Bible"
And if there were it would be the first time the New Testament collection of manuscripts were bound in a book and that would be among the 50 Bibles of Constantine.

Again, the apostles never called what they were writing scriptures....later Christians designated what the Apostles wrote as scriptures. 2nd Timothy is about the Old Testament.

and regard the patience of our Lord as salvation; just as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given him, wrote to you, 16 as also in all his letters, speaking in them of these things, in which there are some things that are hard to understand, which the untaught and unstable distort, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction. 2nd Peter 3:15-16 NASB...... the rest of the scriptures, Peter is not calling what he wrote as scriptures and "the rest of the Scriptures" is not defined.

Words mean things, especially in theology, so I try to choose my words carefully.
And of course no one in the New Testament called their writings scriptures. There is certain literary styles during the New Testament period. For example; An Apostle is not going to say, I am the best Apostle. Nor is Paul in his letters to the churches going to define what he wrote them as scriptures.

But you really don't seem to care about God's Word.

Bible Highligher hates God and his Word.....There ya go Tonto back at cha.

You also do not have any high regard for Scripture because you fellowship with many Christian denominations.

Of course I disagree with this.

No I am not saying that. I am saying that people can be saved without the Bible. Sounds like to me you do not believe anyone was saved in the New Testament period. Christ saves....not the Bible. The Bible gives us detailed information about Christ and the Apostles and Christianity....and that is important.....a lot to learn there.....information....information does not save you....no literary test on Judgment Day. Faith in Christ can be given by mouth, that is what the Apostles did.

I have spent my life in one form of formal education or another.....That does not save me more than people that just study the Bible.

I go to church on Sunday....but Christ is not going to take a roll call on Judgment Day.....so I am not more saved than people that study the Bible.

Before there was a Bible, people heard the Gospel word of mouth....they were just as saved as anybody else.

There is a lot of good things we can say about the scriptures....but we can hear the scriptures.

You did not appear to even know about the Nestle and Aland text.

Did not consider it worth looking into.

I am really not determining truth.....an Apostle writes a manuscript and a hundred years later a copy is the same. Two hundred years later it is the the same.....In the mean time people start coming up with their own beliefs....and then four hundred years later those beliefs appear in copies....they were added. The words of man, not the Word of God. And as time goes on more things are added. And that goes on and on and on.
That is why you should always reference the oldest manuscripts available.

I believe exactly that....inspired, not dictated.

Yes I am a student and I know the history of the King James Version and it is in no way impressive.

Last edited:

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
22. A person can stumble over Christ (Romans 9:33, 1 Peter 2:5-8), and a person can stumble over the word (1 Peter 2:8).

23. Christ will judge men (John 5:22), and the word will judge men (John 12:48).

24. Christ’s bones were never broken (John 19:36 cf. Psalms 34:20), and the word is never broken (John 10:35).

25. Believers are told to seek after Christ (Matthew 28:5, Mark 16:6), and believers are told to seek after the word (Isaiah 34:16).

26. Christ is our hope (1 Thessalonians 1:3, Colossians 1:27, 1 Timothy 1:1), and the word is our hope (Psalms 130:5).

27. Believers are to have the mind of Christ (1 Corinthians 2:16), and believers are to meditate (use their mind) upon the word (Psalms 119:148,
2 Timothy 2:15 KJV).

28. Christ is to be heard and obeyed (Matthew 7:24), and the word is to be heard and obeyed (James 1:22).

29. The love of God is within Christ (Romans 8:39), and keeping the word places the love of God within us (1 John 2:5) (Also see John 14:23).

30. Christ is the way to the living waters, which is the Holy Spirit (John 7:37-39), and the washing of the water of the word (Ephesians 5:25-27) (which is obedience to God) is the way to having the Spirit (Acts of the Apostles 5:32).

31. Christ is like the foundation that is a part of a house (1 Corinthians 3:9, 1 Corinthians 3:11), and He is like a rock (1 Corinthians 10:4), and the obeying the word is like a house built upon the rock (Matthew 7:24).

32. Believers are to follow after the steps of Christ (1 Peter 2:21), and believers are to order their steps in the word (Psalms 119:133).

33. Christ breathed the Spirit upon his faithful chosen (John 20:22), and the word is “inspired by God” (i.e. God breathed) for the benefit of his faithful chosen (2 Timothy 3:16-17).

34. Christ is the way to having the fruits of righteousness (Philippians 1:11), and the word is the way to being instructed in righteousness so to be perfect unto all good works (fruits) (2 Timothy 3:16-17).

35. Christ can abide in us (John 15:4-7) (Ephesians 3:17) (Philippians 4:13), and the word can abide in us (John 15:7, Psalms 119:11).

36. Christ dwells in our hearts (Ephesians 3:17), and the word dwells in our hearts (Colossians 3:16).

37. Believers can be hidden in Christ (Colossians 3:3), and the word can be hidden in believers (Psalms 119:11).

38. Christ is always with us (Matthew 28:20), and the word is always with us (Psalms 119:98).

39. Christ can make our joy full (John 15:11), and the word can make our joy full (1 John 1:4).

40. Believers’ hearts rejoice with Christ (John 16:22), and believers’ hearts rejoice with the word (Jeremiah 15:16).

..41. Christ is called a seed (Galatians 3:16), and the word is called a seed (1 Peter 1:23, Luke 8:11) (Note: See my post below here for further details).​

The communicated word of God that we have today is the Bible.

“So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.” (Isaiah 55:11).

Jesus (the Living Word) was sent by the commandment (mouth) of the Father. Jesus said and did everything the Father told Him to do (John 12:49) (John 14:31).

What is interesting is that the Living Word accomplished that which the Father commanded Him to do and to prosper (accomplish) that thing He sent to do (i.e. Jesus suffered on the cross, and said, “It is finished” and died for man’s sins). Jesus was risen three days later, and ascended to the Father. God’s Word (the living Word) did not return void by whom the Father sent.

The communicated Word can also be sent out and not return void, as well. For many have believed and have stayed faithful to what God’s Word says.

In the creation: The Word made flesh (John 1:1, John 1:14) (i.e. Christ) created everything. In the beginning God spoke words to bring forth the creation in six days (Genesis 1:1-31).

So in the beginning was the Living Word, and the communicated Word.

In the end of this sinful world: Christ will return (Revelation 19:11-21) and a sharp sword will proceed from His mouth. This sword could be the “sword of the Spirit,” (Which is the Word of God) or it could be symbolic of such (Ephesians 6:17).

So in the end there will be the Living Word, and the communicated Word.

For at Christ’s return: His name is called The “Word of God.” (Revelation 19:13) (Living Word).

On His thigh, and vesture is a name written (words) “KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.” (Communicated Word).

Jesus was beaten to a pulp and crucified on a tree.

The Word we have today (the Bible) is a result of pulp made from a tree.

Jesus was the Word made flesh (covered in skin).

The Word we have today (the Bible) is popular to be available covered in skin (leather).

Words on the page hang on this tree (paper) (the Bible),
just like the Living Word hung on a tree (the cross).

Side Note:

Please hover your mouse over the verses and read them all please. If you have to go back and do it, please do so now. Thank you.

Who is going to disagree with those scriptures. Can you find the word Bible in those scriptures?

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is mostly about scriptures, written long before Bibles. All good scriptures....But there no such thing as "The Bible"
And if there were it would be the first time the New Testament collection of book were bound in a book and that would be among the 50 Bibles of Constantine.

Again, the apostles never called what they were writing scriptures....later Christians designated what the Apostles wrote as scriptures. 2nd Timothy is about the Old Testament.

and regard the patience of our Lord as salvation; just as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given him, wrote to you, 16 as also in all his letters, speaking in them of these things, in which there are some things that are hard to understand, which the untaught and unstable distort, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction. 2nd Peter 3:15-16 NASB...... the rest of the scriptures, Peter is not calling what he wrote as scriptures and "the rest of the Scriptures" is defined.

Words mean things, especially in theology, so I try to choose my words carefully.
And of course no one in the New Testament called their writings scriptures. There is certain literary styles during the New Testament period. For example; An Apostle is not going to say, I am the best Apostle. Nor is Paul in his letters to the churches going to define what he wrote them as scriptures.

Bible Highligher hates God and his Word.....There ya go Tonto back at cha.

Of course I disagree with this.

No I am not saying that. I am saying that people can be saved without the Bible. Sounds like to me you do not believe anyone was saved in the New Testament period. Christ saves....not the Bible. The Bible gives us detail information about Christ and the Apostles and Christianity....and that is important.....a lot to learn there.....information....information does not save you....no literary test on Judgment Day. Faith in Christ can be given by mouth, that is what the Apostles did.

Did not consider it worth looking into.

I am really not determining truth.....an Apostle writes a manuscript and a hundred years later a copy is the same. Two hundred years later it is the the same.....In the mean time people start coming up with their own beliefs....and then four hundred years later those beliefs appear in copies....they were added. And as time goes on more things are added. And that goes on and on and on.
That is why you should always reference the oldest manuscripts available.

I believe exactly that....inspired, not dictated.

Yes I am a student and I know the history of the King James Version and it is in no way impressive.

Well said, my friend! Bible Highlighter is clearly "off his rocker".

Reactions: Grailhunter

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thought you were into different English Modern Bible Translations.

I am, just not all of them.

Most of all your English Modern Bibles today are translated based upon the Nestle and Aland New Testament Greek Text.
That would be totally wrong.

So if you don't care then you need to retract your statement that you use Modern English Bibles.

I do not have to retract anything, I never said I know all translations.

Novum Testamentum Graece

The Novum Testamentum Graece is not the actual manuscripts for a Bible to rely on them would be repeating the mistakes of the King James Version....relying on some else's translations.