Project underway to create an updated King James Version (KJV)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Mr. Gwin, it is written, "The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever." (Isaiah 40:8) The NT Scriptures, specifically the Received Text, have been preserved by God, and are trustworthy. Therefore, the KJV's use of "Lord" for the divine name "יְהֹוָה" is justified, seeing that God himself did this in the inspired NT quotes of the OT; and it is factually correct to call God "the Lord." Did you read my previous posts? They already answer your questions. Please re-read them carefully if you would like answers. Have you not read that God has magnified his word above all his name (Psa. 138:2)? And Jesus' name is The Word of God (Rev. 19:13).
Perhaps you might explain why those translators overlooked Ex 6:3; Ps 83:18; and Isa 12:2;26:4 sir. How do you justify altering inspired Bible words?

Jesus name which is more accurately rendered Joshua, means literally Jehovah is salvation

BibleBeliever5

Jan 30, 2021
The South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps you might explain why those translators overlooked Ex 6:3; Ps 83:18; and Isa 12:2;26:4 sir. How do you justify altering inspired Bible words?

Jesus name which is more accurately rendered Joshua, means literally Jehovah is salvation
Oh I do not think those were overlooked. I believe that was intentional. The KJV's translation was done very carefully, deliberately, and rigorously. I like that they also included "Jehovah" in their translation. Either way, "Jehovah" or "the Lord", both are correct in meaning, and therefore correct translations. Do you understand what I already told you about how the NT justifies using "Lord" in translations with the divine name? I already explained it multiple times. Jesus is the commonly known and accepted form in English of his name in Greek; it is also correct and accurate. Names commonly change form when expressed in different languages.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh I do not think those were overlooked. I believe that was intentional. The KJV's translation was done very carefully, deliberately, and rigorously. I like that they also included "Jehovah" in their translation. Either way, "Jehovah" or "the Lord", both are correct in meaning, and therefore correct translations. Do you understand what I already told you about how the NT justifies using "Lord" in translations with the divine name? I already explained it multiple times. Jesus is the commonly known and accepted form in English of his name in Greek; it is also correct and accurate. Names commonly change form when expressed in different languages.
Oh I do not think those were overlooked. I believe that was intentional.
I fully agree sir, the changes were made intentionally. I think Jehovah would have preferred it to be translated as He inspired it sir, rather than having it changed. There were many assigned copyists among Jehovah's people, and they meticulously did their best to make no mistakes, that might be worthy of your research on that BB.
(Deuteronomy 17:18) . . .When he takes his seat on the throne of his kingdom, he must write for himself in a book a copy of this Law, taken from the one kept by the Levitical priests.

Why do you think no English translation has been able to remove His name completely BB? Strange that they are unable to do so.

BibleBeliever5

Jan 30, 2021
The South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I fully agree sir, the changes were made intentionally. I think Jehovah would have preferred it to be translated as He inspired it sir, rather than having it changed. There were many assigned copyists among Jehovah's people, and they meticulously did their best to make no mistakes, that might be worthy of your research on that BB.
(Deuteronomy 17:18) . . .When he takes his seat on the throne of his kingdom, he must write for himself in a book a copy of this Law, taken from the one kept by the Levitical priests.

Why do you think no English translation has been able to remove His name completely BB? Strange that they are unable to do so.
The meaning has not been changed; therefore, the translation is correct and acceptable. The meaning is exactly as he inspired it. In translation, it is the meaning that matters, not using only certain words. Whether the words are "Jehovah" or "the Lord", they both mean the Lord God in those instances. So I believe God would approve of the English translation as "the Lord," for he inspired that to be used in the Greek NT in place of "יְהֹוָה" (Jehovah). The NT establishes an acceptable principle of translation: when translating the OT into another language, "the Lord" may be used in place of "יְהֹוָה". At the same time, I am also glad that the KJV keeps some verses with "Jehovah." :)

BibleBeliever5

Jan 30, 2021
The South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[Ungodly words deleted]

I am so glad you brought up this passage because it proves what I said. God inspired Romans 10:13 to use the Greek word for "the Lord" (κυρίου) in place of "יְהֹוָה" (Jehovah) from Joel 2:32, which shows "יְהֹוָה" is accurately rendered "the Lord".

Now on to the second issue you bring up. Actually, that is the point: Jesus is Jehovah, and Romans 10:13 is talking about calling upon the name of Jesus.

[Rom 10:9-13 KJV] 9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. 12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. 13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Verse 13 is being used as support for verse 9, revealing that if you call upon the name of Jesus, then you are calling upon the name of Jehovah. Joel 2:32 is about Jesus, for he is Jehovah. Romans 10:9-13 is an excellent passage to show that Jesus is Jehovah.

Last edited:

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am so glad you brought up this passage because it proves what I said. God inspired Romans 10:13 to use the Greek word for "the Lord" (κυρίου) in place of "יְהֹוָה" (Jehovah) from Joel 2:32, which shows "יְהֹוָה" is accurately rendered "the Lord".

Now on to the second issue you bring up. Actually, that is the point: Jesus is Jehovah, and Romans 10:13 is talking about calling upon the name of Jesus.

[Rom 10:9-13 KJV] 9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. 12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. 13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Verse 13 is being used as support for verse 9, revealing that if you call upon the name of Jesus, then you are calling upon the name of Jehovah. Joel 2:32 is about Jesus, for he is Jehovah. Romans 10:9-13 is an excellent passage to show that Jesus is Jehovah.
God inspired Romans 10:13 to use the Greek word for "the Lord" (κυρίου) in place of "יְהֹוָה" (Jehovah) from Joel 2:32, which shows "יְהֹוָה" is accurately rendered "the Lord".
Yes BB, you are quite correct, but which god sir, the one who gave us His name and stated it would be His name forever, or the god that wants it eliminated?

Adventageous

Oct 28, 2022
Noneya
archive.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A project is happening to update the old language of the KJV without changing the meaning. The project website is www.kjvupdate.com. What is your opinion about this endeavor?
Waste of time.

People have been saying for the last 200 years that they are 'updating the old language of the KJV'.

There are several problems with this.

There have been over hundreds of (so called Bible) 'updates' in that time. Language doesn't change that quickly. So it's a lie, and a sales pitch (the love of money is the root of all evil), since the AV is still the best selling book of all time (billions).

Another, is that "the language" of the King James Bible is not out of date, and never has been. There are certain words, which are 'archaic' (but that was so, even when it was originally translated in 1611), but this is also with purpose, and we (at present) still use in many places those very words (sparingly to be sure, but still utilized), as do even some of the very 'modern' 'updated' language Bibles.

The "thee", "thou", etc are wth purpose, and have never been 'old'.

I recommend this 'old' video (I may not agree with all of brother P.'s doctrine, but on this issue, it's documented):

BibleBeliever5

Jan 30, 2021
The South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes BB, you are quite correct, but which god sir, the one who gave us His name and stated it would be His name forever, or the god that wants it eliminated?
Hi, you speak like the false Jehovah's witnesses. Are you associated with the heretical Watchtower Society?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi, you speak like the false Jehovah's witnesses. Are you associated with the heretical Watchtower Society?
I am one of Jehovah's witnesses, and you have correctly identified me by my fruits. Are they lies, or do we represent Jehovah in truth?

BibleBeliever5

Jan 30, 2021
The South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am one of Jehovah's witnesses, and you have correctly identified me by my fruits. Are they lies, or do we represent Jehovah in truth?
[Jhn 20:27-29 KJV] 27 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust [it] into my side: and be not faithless, but believing. 28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God. 29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed [are] they that have not seen, and [yet] have believed.

[1Ti 3:16 KJV] 16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

[Rev 1:8, 10-13, 17-18 KJV] 8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty. ... 10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet, 11 Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send [it] unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea. 12 And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks; 13 And in the midst of the seven candlesticks [one] like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle. ... 17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: 18 I [am] he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

I have identified you by the heresy to which you hold, and you are not a true witness for Jehovah. You have received another Jesus (2 Co. 11:4), and not the Jesus of the Bible, through the indoctrination of the Satanic Watchtower Society. This is a Christian only forum. You do not belong here, as you are not a Christian. Repent that you not perish; and receive the true Jesus that you may be saved. And please stop posting on this thread.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A project is happening to update the old language of the KJV without changing the meaning. The project website is www.kjvupdate.com. What is your opinion about this endeavor?
*I should add that the New King James Version (NKJV) changes the meaning of the KJV in numerous places. (Edit)
Let's get real and be honest with each other.
It's all marketing.
We all know that King James is no longer alive.
So he is unable to authorize a translation.
Calling a new translation "King James Bible" is simply a marketing ploy.
It seeks acceptance based on the name.

Reactions: Nancy

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[Jhn 20:27-29 KJV] 27 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust [it] into my side: and be not faithless, but believing. 28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God. 29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed [are] they that have not seen, and [yet] have believed.

[1Ti 3:16 KJV] 16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

[Rev 1:8, 10-13, 17-18 KJV] 8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty. ... 10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet, 11 Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send [it] unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea. 12 And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks; 13 And in the midst of the seven candlesticks [one] like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle. ... 17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: 18 I [am] he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

I have identified you by the heresy to which you hold, and you are not a true witness for Jehovah. You have received another Jesus (2 Co. 11:4), and not the Jesus of the Bible, through the indoctrination of the Satanic Watchtower Society. This is a Christian only forum. You do not belong here, as you are not a Christian. Repent that you not perish; and receive the true Jesus that you may be saved. And please stop posting on this thread.
[1Ti 3:16 KJV] 16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh
Why did you change who (hos) to God (ho theos) sir? The verse is speaking about Jesus and originally said who was manifest in the flesh
[Rev 1:8, 10-13, 17-18 KJV] 8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty. ..
Why did you leave out God after Lord sir: Re 1:8 I am the Alpha and the Omega, saith the Lord God, who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.
Really changes the meaning of the verse when you alter it the way you did.

Best not to use an altered version to support your viewpoint. Who did Jesus say God is BB? I believe him sir.

BibleBeliever5

Jan 30, 2021
The South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why did you change who (hos) to God (ho theos) sir? The verse is speaking about Jesus and originally said who was manifest in the flesh

Why did you leave out God after Lord sir: Re 1:8 I am the Alpha and the Omega, saith the Lord God, who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.
Really changes the meaning of the verse when you alter it the way you did.

Best not to use an altered version to support your viewpoint. Who did Jesus say God is BB? I believe him sir.
That is your problem: you do not believe the true Scriptures, which I shared with you to help and bless you. Please know that I did not, nor anyone else, change anything in those verses. That is what is written in the word of God, namely, the Received Text of the NT. Those are the correct translations of the Greek, found in the KJV, but you reject the word of God through the deceitfulness of Satan. If you do not repent, God will reject you. The Christian church rejects you as one of us. You should not call yourself a Christian at this time.

No, you do not believe what Jesus said about God. Jesus affirmed Thomas' words when Thomas called Jesus "my Lord and my God." And you had no answer for that.

In 1 Timothy 3:16, yes it is talking about Jesus, and the Greek word is "God" (Θεὸς ) in the true Received Text, translated in the KJV. It did not originally say "who", as you want to believe. The Received Text is the preserved word of God, which you do not believe. Even it would not make sense with "who" there. That would wrongly and incoherently change it to: "And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: who was manifest in the flesh". It does not even make sense with that wrong rendering.

In Revelation chapter 1, the "Almighty" says he is "Alpha and Omega" (v. 8), and then Jesus says he is "Alpha and Omega" (v. 11-13).

Nor do you believe the Lord when he told Philip:

[Jhn 14:9 KJV] 9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou [then], Shew us the Father?

Those who have seen Jesus have seen the Father, according to the Lord Jesus. So no, you do not believe the Lord. Who is Jehovah? the Lord (Psa 109:21).

Repent. You have been deceived by Satan not to believe the Scriptures, strangely and wrongly believing that the preserved Greek NT (Received Text) has been altered. That is the lie you have accepted (hook, line, and sinker), and which causes you to reject the true word of God found in the KJV to your own destruction, if you do not repent. Instead, it appears you put your faith in a fabrication of man that was concocted around 1950 and is known as the New World Translation (but was actually the New Satanic Attack on God's word, and which is based on the 1881 Critical Text), while rejecting the much older, true, and preserved Greek NT known as the Received Text (Textus Receptus).

This is the second time that I have admonished you.

[Tit 3:10-11 KJV] 10 A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject; 11 Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.

As I said before, stop posting in the Christian forum, since you are not a Christian, until you repent and receive the true Lord Jesus. May God have mercy on your soul. I prayed for you.

Last edited: