Project underway to create an updated King James Version (KJV)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is an interesting point that you are making, and I agree that later in the scriptures, conditions were set concerning the possession of the described entity portion of the earth, first mentioned in Genesis 13:15. However, I am not sure that these conditions that you allude to can be found in the Book of Genesis. Perhaps you might like to enlighten me on the scripture passage where these conditions are mentioned, particularly the first mention of the conditions.
Adding:
Pryor To Jesus’ arrival ON Earth...
Hebrew/ Tribes Of Israel Were DIVIDED (by RACE) From Gentile’s.

Jesus’ Arrival, grows, Begins Ministry.
He has Come TO DIVIDE...

Luke 7:43

DIVIDE What??
People.
What People??
First...............Jews AND Jews.
Thereafter.....Gentile’s AND Gentile’s

John 7:43
John 10:19

DIVIDE How?

With Him...
All others NOT with Him...by default, Are Against Him.

Matt 12:30

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
A condition IS Always Established ...
By an Offering...From One party To another party.

AND...

The Other Party ACCEPTING the Offering.

Example;
Any BANK can Offer you....a loan, credit card, savings account, checking account, pay your bills account....blah, blah ....IF you Accept their Offer...(whether or not you pay attention to the Banks “FINE PRINT” of the Banks TERMS) your Accepting...is your Agreement TO BE BOUND by the TERMS.
Any FAILURE of you TO abide by the Terms...will result in a NEGATIVE Consequence Upon you.

Okay...Scripturally...
Moses was A Head Of his Family, workers, their families, ie a clan of communal people living, working, tending animals and chores together.

Moses personally...chose to Subject Himself To the Authority OF God...Making God HIS MASTER.
Moses was NOT ONLY learning and doing the WILL OF his Master....
Moses “as the Head Of His Clan”... Moses had become...The teacher, the Spokesman, OF God, to teach, Be the example, for his Clan TO ALSO, understand ...To BE / Remain a part of Moses’ Clan...AS WELL....requires the Clan members To Willingly Submit to God Being THEIR MASTER.

Every man has Freewill. Choose to Submit, Be Subject To the Terms....or Not.

In Brief...

EX 19: 5
Gods OFFERING.....IF....THEN

EX. 19: 8
All peoples of Moses Clan Response...We will Do

For 4,000 and forward....for All the children of Israel......Each Established Tribe Of Israel....
The IF...Then....Offering Continues.
The....We will do....Continues.

And the negative Consequences....for Failing TO Do....has been Repeated Over and Over and Over for Generations.

So, you have confirmed that the giving as a possession of the entity of the earth which Abraham had walked upon and seen was for a finite period of time in Genesis 13:15. Genesis 13:17 similarly should be contextually understood to read in this manner as well: -

Genesis 13:17: - Arise, walk in my earth through its length and its width, for this I will give.
My translation paraphrase
This is in keeping with Genesis 12:1-3: -

Genesis 12:1-3: - 12:1 Now the Lord had said to Abram:​
"Get out of your country,
From your family
And from your father's house,
To my earth that I will show you.
2 I will make you a great nation;
I will bless you
And make your name great;
And you shall be a blessing.
3 I will bless those who bless you,
And I will curse him who curses you;
And through you all the families in My fertile soil shall be blessed."​

Understanding the context of what is written within the Scriptures is paramount with respect to how we interact with God.

There are many other contextual errors in our translations that we all have difficulties in our interactions with God because of these errors.

Our difficulty is being able to discern the contextual errors because we have lived so long within them.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, you have confirmed that the giving as a possession of the entity of the earth which Abraham had walked upon and seen was for a finite period of time in Genesis 13:15. Genesis 13:17 similarly should be contextually understood to read in this manner as well: -

Genesis 13:17: - Arise, walk in my earth through its length and its width, for this I will give.

From your family
I will bless you

Understanding the context of what is written within the Scriptures is paramount with respect to how we interact with God.

There are many other contextual errors in our translations that we all have difficulties in our interactions with God because of these errors.

Our difficulty is being able to discern the contextual errors because we have lived so long within them.

Inanutshell...

God took mankind out of the Earth and gave the Earth to .... His “very good” Created and Made manKIND, whom God was present With On the Earth.

God Shall open the Barrier between Heaven and Earth and Again Be Present in the Entirety of His Kingdom; Heaven AND Earth. His Kingdom will be their kingdom...their estate...forever.

All celestial bodies and all terrestrial bodies will have Allegiance to The Lord God Almighty, and He alone be their God., their King. And His seat of Governance, His Throne, Jerusalem.

All celestial and earthly bodies that have rejected Him....will not be present or occupants of His Kingdom.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Okay, what is the point that you are making that is in any way different to what I have posted?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, you have confirmed that the giving as a possession of the entity of the earth which Abraham had walked upon and seen was for a finite period of time in Genesis 13:15.

Finite? No.

Genesis 13:17 similarly should be contextually understood to read in this manner as well: -

From your family
I will bless you

The Earth belongs to God.
The Nations belong to the people thereof.
The people occupy the Nations as their possessions.
Descendants of the people inherit the Nations possessed land of their ancestors.
The boundaries of the Nations are Kingdoms.
A King governs over the Nations.

It was Supreme Spirit God who made Promises to Abraham and his descendants, to occupy, possess and inherit land.

Which descendants of Abraham shall inherit their Land?
Descendants....Like Abraham....ie. Faithful Servants of Their King.

When?
When Their King is seated on His Throne.

Void of Satan on Earth, King Jesus, shall sit on His Throne, in His Great Kingdom, With His Faithful Servants, for 1,000 years, while mortal kings, mortal men, occupy their nation’s/kingdoms.

Thereafter, Then shall come into Fruition Forevermore the Entire Earth, shall become One Kingdom, With One Lord God Governing King, and All the Faithful Servants possessing their land inheritance....
Void of the Presence of every unfaithful servant.

The Belief IS Gods Word is True.
The Understanding is the Faithful WAIT for God to Manifest (according to Gods WILL)....On what Day Gods People Shall SEE the manifestation of Gods Promises Fulfilled.

No need to rewrite Gods Word. Gods Word is Sufficient. Be patient. Wait and See.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No need to rewrite Gods Word. Gods Word is Sufficient. Be patient. Wait and See.

But I have not changed the contextual understanding of the Hebrew text with my suggested contextual English paraphrases of these couple of verses.

Now can you swear on a stack of translations that their contextual rendition of the original source language text is consistent with the contextual intent of the original source documents/fragments.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But I have not changed the contextual understanding of the Hebrew text with my suggested contextual English paraphrases of these couple of verses.

Now can you swear on a stack of translations that their contextual rendition of the original source language text is consistent with the contextual intent of the original source documents/fragments.

If you want to rewrite scripture I would suggest hesitation.
If you want to share your ideas and opinions in your own commentary because you believe written script is in error, or the wording appears to you confusing...keep the context as being your opinion.

You upfront reveal it is your opinion....but then suggest your re-wording would be more suitable to appear in Scriptural text.

I have no issue with historical Scriptural texts.

I am not favorable to the umpteen modernly re-Written Scriptural texts.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If you want to rewrite scripture I would suggest hesitation.
If you want to share your ideas and opinions in your own commentary because you believe written script is in error, or the wording appears to you confusing...keep the context as being your opinion.

You upfront reveal it is your opinion....but then suggest your re-wording would be more suitable to appear in Scriptural text.

I have no issue with historical Scriptural texts.

I am not favorable to the umpteen modernly re-Written Scriptural texts.

The problem is that it is impossible to share in commentary form what i have been able to discern are errors in the present English translations because people will refer back to the flawed translations and refute what I write because of the deliberate errors contained in those translations.

Now your post is just your opinion as to what I should do. However, in my posts above I have revealed what the error is in Genesis 13:15 in that Stephen in his defence before he is stoned to death clearly stated that Abraham was not given any portion of the land of Canaan or the land where he had walked upon as a possession just for him, yet Genesis 13:15 has been translated to be in conflict with Stephen's statement in Acts 7. If there are no errors in the English translations, how do you reconcile this one different, and if there is one contextual error, then the probability is that there will be many more as well.

Now instead of arguing that what I posted is just my opinion, demonstrate from the original Hebrew text as to why the English translations have correctly conveyed the contextual message as contained in the Hebrew text for Gen 13:15.

Then your argument is on the text and not against the person, which is, a false argument technique that is often used to discredit the person rather than provide a defence against their message contained within their post.

I await your learned rebuttal with eagerness.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not sure what you mean, but if you are suggesting that the KJV has inaccuracies as opposed to modern versions, that is incorrect. The critical text of Westcott and Hort (which for all practical purposes is still in effect through Nestle-Aland etc) is the most corrupt text you could find. On the other hand the Hebrew Masoretic Text and the Greek Received Text supporting the KJV are the most faithful and reliable texts.
Rather odd that so much of christendom sits under these heretical men .
It would be like me asking a buddist scholar to rewrite the bible for me . These two men were heretical
it amazes me that folks would then TRUST their so called story about this greek trash invention they supped up .
WHICH if one does any kind of real research sees that it sure seems to line up with the catholic codex B.
Rather odd huh . anyone can cook up a story that the version of the bible they hate is incorrect .
Look at what the JWS did and others . STICK TO THE KJV , as far as i am concerned they can keep the other stuff .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is the KJV of Gen 13:15 -

Gen 13:15: - For all the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed for ever.​
KJV

Not that much different to the NKJV.

This is the Hebrew Intelinear for this verse: -

View attachment 28169

And these are the options for the Interlinear: -
View attachment 28170

With respect to the above Interlinear, I still stand behind my previous statement that all translations of the original Texts have contextual errors in them.

It is these contextual errors that lead us astray into error in our understanding of God's plan for mankind.

The KJV has no immunity from having contextual errors in its translation.

Now your justification is that the KJV was translated from the least corrupted source document, whereas I was not commenting on the source documents, but on the English translations presenting the same contextual understanding as the original texts did in the Hebrew. Where the contextual understanding between the Hebrew and English language version differs, it can only be assumed that there is a contextual error present in the English translation.

Now would you like to adjust your last post and comment on the KJV contextual accuracy.
Stephen told the truth . Abraham was promised the inheritance of that land . AND YET
it would be many years in the future when ISRAEL would return TO INHERIT IT .
So stephen , the KJV is right . Abrahm sourjouned in the land of promise as A STRANGER .
HE didnt inherit it in his life time on earth . ISRAEL would first GO into eygpt
Then years and years later the promise they would inherit it would occur .
EVEN those in the wilderness did not inherit it , due to unbelief . .
Think . We really need to be dug in our bibles , cause in time all those so called contradictions , WOULD NOT BE CONTRADICTIONS
we would learn . I know folks see what they THINK are contradictions , but they are not . ITs only a lack of understanding on our part .
My advice is , GET IN BIBLES and stop heeding these so called wise scholars and men of today with agendas and let us simply
learn for ourselves .

Last edited:

360watt

Jun 6, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
A project is happening to update the old language of the KJV without changing the meaning. The project website is www.kjvupdate.com. What is your opinion about this endeavor?
*I should add that the New King James Version (NKJV) changes the meaning of the KJV in numerous places. (Edit)

The kjv 1611 took liberties with how they translated 'ecclessia'.

In the Bishops Bible before the KJV.. it was congregation or assembly every time. They didn't use the word 'church ', which had taken on several meanings not in scripture.

The old KJV 1611 .. because it was King Jimmy's initiative .. aka church of England. .. he ordered the old ecclesiastical words out of it that were in the likes of the Bishop Bible.

So 'church ' got put in where 'assembly ' or 'congregation ' should be in many verses.

So for eg.. replace Israel as the 'assembly ' in the wilderness and it seperates it from any kind of NT 'church '.. becoming different entities all together.

So I think it's a good thing to update it, if they keep the literal, scholarly, accurate translating that was with the old KJV.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The kjv 1611 took liberties with how they translated 'ecclessia'.

In the Bishops Bible before the KJV.. it was congregation or assembly every time. They didn't use the word 'church ', which had taken on several meanings not in scripture.

The old KJV 1611 .. because it was King Jimmy's initiative .. aka church of England. .. he ordered the old ecclesiastical words out of it that were in the likes of the Bishop Bible.

So 'church ' got put in where 'assembly ' or 'congregation ' should be in many verses.

So for eg.. replace Israel as the 'assembly ' in the wilderness and it seperates it from any kind of NT 'church '.. becoming different entities all together.

So I think it's a good thing to update it, if they keep the literal, scholarly, accurate translating that was with the old KJV.
church is just a word describing the ecclessia . anyone who reads the KJV would know what the church is
ITS THE BODY of CHRIST . let us not war over words , rather expose real sin and error .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Next up some will start saying things like if you use the word LORD , your actually saying BAAL .
people war over the oddest stuff at times .

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
My advice is , GET IN BIBLES and stop heeding these so called wise scholars and men of today with agendas and let us simply
learn for ourselves .

But that is exactly what I did, I studied the Bible for myself and came to very different conclusions as to the contextual message that is contained in the source texts.

Oh, In Genesis 12:1-3, God promised to show Abraham the Earth that He wanted him to possess, which is very different to possessing a patch of land which is a country.

The problem is that I no longer heed the "wise scholars" and check out for myself what the context of the source text actually saying.

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But that is exactly what I did, I studied the Bible for myself and came to very different conclusions as to the contextual message that is contained in the source texts.

Oh, In Genesis 12:1-3, God promised to show Abraham the Earth that He wanted him to possess, which is very different to possessing a patch of land which is a country.

The problem is that I no longer heed the "wise scholars" and check out for myself what the context of the source text actually saying.
Yes , if we read the bible and learn for ourselves it does become more and more clear . If one loves the LORD
the LORD is gonna be with them and teach them . FOR IT is HE who even puts that kind of love into our heart .
The KJV is accurate . the problem is most folks dont know much about the bible . rather they listen to what men say
about parts of the bible . THEY never really desire to learn truth for themselves . and it costs them dearly .
But GOD puts that agape love into the heart of a lamb . THEY WILL TRAVEL MILES to hear truth
they will read and love the bible and they will grow in the LORD .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I think a lot of folks miss what GOD was truly showing abraham and WHO GOD was truly pointing
too . the promises unto the fathers , IS ALL ABOUT JESUS CHRIST . I tell us all
the torah speaks of HIM in many places . so many look for a paradise and a kingdom on earth
WHEN IN TRUTH its all about the heavenly kingdom which one day shall reside upon earth .
Even the temple , even the tabernacle , even the vessels and etc , were all patterned after the TRUE IN HEAVEN .
I tell us all the TRUE KINGDOM OF GOD is HEAVENLY and the only access into it IS IN THE SON CHRIST JESUS WHOM THE FATHER SENT .
What a HOME awaits the lambs at the end of our faith .

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stephen ... clearly stated that Abraham was not given any portion of the land of Canaan or the land where he had walked upon as a possession just for him...

I don’t clearly see that.
Can you post the two quotes you say conflict?