Vets

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

th1b.taylor

Dec 4, 2010
SE Texas
I was born, just as World War II, just as the two conflicts were ending and ecause of this I did not know real conflict until President Johnson decided to upscale the Vietnam Civil War into a matter of world concern. With a prolific German grandfather and Irish grandmother I had uncles that fought in WW II and in Korea. One of my German named uncles even died fighting his relatives in Europe for the good of this nation.

My dad, my Step-father, was a twelve year, two war American Veteran and I had real life heroes. Lying here on my VA supplied Hospital Style Bed, I'm watching Hannity interview General McChrystal and I'm struck by one of his comments, “A veteran is a person you thank for their service when you see them in the airport.” There is more truth in that statement than any non-vet will ever dwell upon.

From the moment this nation declared itself, it has been dependent upon the men willing to die for it's right to exist. We have, in these, most, recent years not cared to know these men for more reasons than I'll ever care to examine but men that are willing to die for what they believe in will be forever required until the LORD ends this mess and recreates the world, perfected.

The missing truth, I didn't forget, they don't live in your community and you don't want to know them, these nuts that believe so much in the safety of there moms, sisters, wives, girlfriends and children that they walk into live gunfire to stop it. If you choose to respond to this post, please think before typing. I am not talking about you son, your brother or the kid in your church that you send the most useless things imaginable to in a country you could care less about.

I wear pins for some of my medals on my hats and I get these condescending “Thank you for your service,” remarks all of the time. No man and no woman can ever take the spittle that dripped from my face in November of 1969 away. I knew before I came home that the American people despised me, my men and my Officers and I did not care then and I still do not care! Those of us that defend this nation, against your desire to allow your children to be slaughtered in their front yards and much worse for not resisting, will not see this country in the condition we have seen overseas because of the nation's, in general, cowardice.

I did not call you a coward! However, you might want to ask yourself, “What am I doing to shore up the defense, the required defense, of this nation.” And if you see a GI on the highway, can he spend a night on your couch and get supper and breakfast before going on?

Pelaides

Jul 30, 2012
I really dont understand the point of this topic.If you are saying veterans are mistreated in our society I agree with what you are saying.But this is nothing new,Being a soldier is a low status profession,Its been like that since ancient times.
Of our last 3 presidents,1 was a draft dodger,1 never served and one evaded combat duty.While a large number of veterans are homeless and in jail.So it goes to show our society does not think much of its military.

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
You really don't know what you don't know, do you? Your grasp of ancient history as well as recent current events is completely wrong.

Pelaides

Jul 30, 2012
You really don't know what you don't know, do you? Your grasp of ancient history as well as recent current events is completely wrong.
If I wrote something incorrect,then feel free to correct me if you can.

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
George W. Bush joined the 147th Fighter Interceptor Group of the Texas Air National Guard on May 27, 1968, during the Vietnam War. He committed to serve until May 26, 1974, with two years on active duty while training to fly and four years on part-time duty.[1] In his 1968 Statement of Intent (undated), he wrote, "I have applied for pilot training with the goal of making flying a lifetime pursuit and I believe I can best accomplish this to my own satisfaction by serving as a member of the Air National Guard as long as possible."

Following his six weeks of basic training, Bush began 53 weeks of flight training at Moody Air Force Base, Georgia.[2] In December 1969, Bush began 21 weeks of fighter interceptor training on the F-102 in Houston at the 147th's Combat Crew Training School, soloing in March 1970 and graduating in June 1970. When he graduated, he had fulfilled his two-year active-duty commitment.[1]

In November 1970, Lt. Col. Jerry B. Killian, commander of the 111th Fighter Squadron, recommended that Bush be promoted to First Lieutenant, calling him "a dynamic outstanding young officer" who stood out as "a top notch fighter interceptor pilot." He said that "Lt. Bush's skills far exceed his contemporaries," and that "he is a natural leader whom his contemporaries look to for leadership. Lt. Bush is also a good follower with outstanding disciplinary traits and an impeccable military bearing."[3] Bush was promoted.[4]

Air National Guard members could volunteer for active duty service with the Air Force in a program called Palace Alert, which deployed F-102 pilots to Europe and Southeast Asia, including Vietnam and Thailand. According to three pilots from Bush's squadron, Bush inquired about this program but was advised by the base commander that he did not have the necessary flying experience (500 hours) at the time and that the F-102 would soon be retired.[1][5]

Bush's four-year part-time obligation to serve required him to maintain his immediate readiness to be recalled to active duty in the event of a national emergency. Bush performed part-time Guard duty as an F-102 pilot through April 1972, logging a total of 336 flight hours.[6]

After April 1972, Bush may have failed to meet the attendance requirements established for members of the Air National Guard. In mid-1972, he failed to meet the Air Force requirement for an annual physical examination for pilots, and lost his authorization to be a pilot.[7]

On October 1, 1973, Bush was honorably discharged from the Texas Air National Guard and transferred to the inactive reserves in Denver, Colorado. He was discharged from the Air Force Reserve on November 21, 1974, ending his military service.

Pelaides

Jul 30, 2012
On may 27 1968 12 days before losing his student draft deferment,George Bush jr used his families political connections to get into the Texas national Guard,He was immediately accepted despite a huge waiting list.
Yes he was assingned to fly the f102(delta) plane,at the time,
that plane was being removed from combat service,it assured he would not have to fly any combat missions.

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
That's right from the democratic underground website... I saw that there and it is false. Too bad, but thanks for playing Wheel of Lies.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
I wear pins for some of my medals on my hats and I get these condescending “Thank you for your service,” remarks all of the timeI too am not sure just what specific point the person who started this point was trying to make.

Yes, George Bush sought to get into the National Guard, probably to avoid being deployed to Viet Nam. At that time that was as rare as the sun coming up in the morning.
John Kerry sought an educational deferment so he could go study in France. Translation: He, too tried to avoid serving in Viet Nam. Same as Bill Clinton.
The only difference is that Clinton and Bush were successful in their attepts. Kerry was not (although if he had been, he would have had no problem defending his decision to his constituents).

The thing that put me off the most about Mr. Kerry was that when he knew he wasn't going to get his deferment he enlisted....but then criticized Mr. Bush for the efforts he made to avoid going to Southeast Asia.

Politics glazes over many things.
During the 2004 Presidential campaign the Democrats pushed Kerry's military service as qualification for President, stating that at a time of war, the Commander-in-Chief should be someone who not only served in the military, but had combat experience.

But for the 2008 campaign, with combat operations still going on in both Iraq and Afghanistan, suddenly that "necessity" was forgotten.
The race came down to Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama.
While I can picture Hillary in a pseudo-military uniform and a riding crop during her time alone with Bill, and Barack dressing as a sailor and singing the Village People's "In The Navy" during Karaoke Night, I can picture neither of them being qualified to serve in the military.

But back to the initial post. I am both a veteran and a combat veteran. I can see where the person is coming from, but I can't reconcile with his statement, "I wear pins for some of my medals on my hats and I get these condescending “Thank you for your service,” remarks all of the time."

Why does he wear those "pins and medals" in the first place, especially if he knows that those who see them are going to "give those condescenting 'Thank you for your service' remarks?" But secondly, how does he know what is in the heart of every one of those that thank him.

I served and have thanked other military personnel I have seen in the airport or other locations. Am I being "condescending?" I know fathers and mothers of servicemen who give thanks to other servicemen they meet for their service. Are they being "condescending?"

He leaves no room for the possibility that those who were childish an immature during the 60s and 70s could mature and see the error of their ways.

But the first thought I when I read his post was, "Forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors."

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
When I offer a "Thank you for your service" it's because I was not allowed to join the infantry when I enlisted though I desperately wanted to.

Others had to do for me what I was not permitted. My thanks are genuine.

Pelaides

Jul 30, 2012
BiggAndyy said:
That's right from the democratic underground website... I saw that there and it is false. Too bad, but thanks for playing Wheel of Lies.
It is you that have been ensnared,by the web of lies and deception put forth by the Bush administration.If war and recession is what you voted for,then thats what you got.The republicans looted the country and made it look like they were doing us a favor.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
Pelaides said:
It is you that have been ensnared,by the web of lies and deception put forth by the Bush administration.If war and recession is what you voted for,then thats what you got.The republicans looted the country and made it look like they were doing us a favor.
-- Funny how you will drink the Kool-Aid about Prescott Bush, but you totally and completely (intentionally?) ignore Joseph Kennedy and his work on behalf of Hitler.
Selective outrage is no outrage at all.

You also seem to have no problem with the fact that Ted Kennedy served in the military during the heart of the Korean War but used his father's influence to get out of it:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/politicians/tedkennedy.asp

Kennedy was kicked out of Harvard for cheating and lost his deferment, accidentally enlisted in the Army for four years instead of letting the draft get him for only two years.
His infamous father told him how stupid he was and arranged to have the term cut to two years and then arrange to have Teddy shipped to Paris "where his father had arranged for his assignment to a military police honor guard detachment which had the wholly ceremonial task of standing watch over NATO."
It points out that "Joe had no intention of letting Teddy get anywhere near the war in Korea."

As I said, selective outrage is really no outrage at all.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
What I think I see from a distance is the reality that for 100s of years perhaps even 1000s nothing has changed when you get to looking around at associations and the such what you start to see is its always been the upper crust lording over the masses.

Just take a look at who's related to who and you will soon discover that leaders for years have been tied to leaders in times past.
You start to discover that the masters have always managed to place a bowl of fruit in front of the masses knowing that every piece is hand picked from their garden. As you are already debating its not only a close bloodline but close associations as well.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
How many Commanders-in-Chief can you get in one family tree? When it’s former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney’s family tree, the answer is six.
According to Ancestry.com, the world’s largest online family history resource, Romney’s family tree connects him to Franklin D. Roosevelt, Calvin Coolidge, Franklin Pierce, Herbert Hoover, and both George H.W. and George W. Bush.
Romney is connected to Presidents George W. Bush (10th cousins, twice removed), George H. W. Bush (10th cousins, once removed) and Franklin D. Roosevelt (8th cousins, twice removed) through Ann Marbury Hutchinson, a key figure in the development of religious freedom in America and early settler of Rhode Island and New York.
Romney is related to Presidents Calvin Coolidge (10th cousins), Herbert Hoover (10thcousins) and Franklin Pierce (6th cousins, 4 times removed) through Thomas Richardson, a landowner in the late 1500s in Hertfordshire, England.

Pelaides

Jul 30, 2012
Foreigner said:
-- Funny how you will drink the Kool-Aid about Prescott Bush, but you totally and completely (intentionally?) ignore Joseph Kennedy and his work on behalf of Hitler.
Selective outrage is no outrage at all.

You also seem to have no problem with the fact that Ted Kennedy served in the military during the heart of the Korean War but used his father's influence to get out of it:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/politicians/tedkennedy.asp

Kennedy was kicked out of Harvard for cheating and lost his deferment, accidentally enlisted in the Army for four years instead of letting the draft get him for only two years.
His infamous father told him how stupid he was and arranged to have the term cut to two years and then arrange to have Teddy shipped to Paris "where his father had arranged for his assignment to a military police honor guard detachment which had the wholly ceremonial task of standing watch over NATO."
It points out that "Joe had no intention of letting Teddy get anywhere near the war in Korea."

As I said, selective outrage is really no outrage at all.

I believe we are talking about presidents,John f kennedy served his country valiantly during wartime,remember pt 109.The whitehouse is no place for cowards,Cowards are not fit to rule.

Rex said:
What I think I see from a distance is the reality that for 100s of years perhaps even 1000s nothing has changed when you get to looking around at associations and the such what you start to see is its always been the upper crust lording over the masses.

Just take a look at who's related to who and you will soon discover that leaders for years have been tied to leaders in times past.
You start to discover that the masters have always managed to place a bowl of fruit in front of the masses knowing that every piece is hand picked from their garden. As you are already debating its not only a close bloodline but close associations as well.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
How many Commanders-in-Chief can you get in one family tree? When it’s former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney’s family tree, the answer is six.
According to Ancestry.com, the world’s largest online family history resource, Romney’s family tree connects him to Franklin D. Roosevelt, Calvin Coolidge, Franklin Pierce, Herbert Hoover, and both George H.W. and George W. Bush.
Romney is connected to Presidents George W. Bush (10th cousins, twice removed), George H. W. Bush (10th cousins, once removed) and Franklin D. Roosevelt (8th cousins, twice removed) through Ann Marbury Hutchinson, a key figure in the development of religious freedom in America and early settler of Rhode Island and New York.
Romney is related to Presidents Calvin Coolidge (10th cousins), Herbert Hoover (10thcousins) and Franklin Pierce (6th cousins, 4 times removed) through Thomas Richardson, a landowner in the late 1500s in Hertfordshire, England.
Thats why they should call America an Aristocrasy and not a Democrasy.

Pelaides

Jul 30, 2012
Hey,where did all the rightwing patriots go?Why are their no responses?I must be right then? L.O.L

IanLC

Encounter Team
Mar 22, 2011
North Carolina
Some of my great uncles (3) fought in the Vietnam war. I currently have 3 cousins in the military. Two of them were stationed overseas and one is in the coast guard. One of my great aunts was in the military. My church is also filled with several who have served in the armed forces. They are worthy of much respect because they defend our nation and protect our rights! God truly bless and keep our troops!

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010

"I believe we are talking about presidents,John f kennedy served his country valiantly during wartime,remember pt 109.The whitehouse is no place for cowards,Cowards are not fit to rule." - Pelaides

--- No, we were talking about his Hitler-sympathizing father. But thank you for confirming that JFK's brother Teddy was "a coward not fit to rule." Thank goodness for his failed embarassing run for President, huh?

"Thats why they should call America an Aristocrasy and not a Democrasy."- Pelaides

--- Do they at least spell 'Aristocracy' and Democracy' correctly in the America you are talking about?

But tell me, which members of Barack Obama's 'Aristocratic' family helped get him into the White House?
Perhaps it was the big money from his illegal immigrant family members he helped ensure weren't deported.

And what about the Aristocrats in Bill Clinton's family?
Jimmy Carter's?
Ronald Reagan's?

Who knew America's true Aristocracy ran through a California B-list actor, via a Georgia peanut farmer and an Arkansas serial molester?

Pelaides

Jul 30, 2012
Foreigner said:

"Thats why they should call America an Aristocrasy and not a Democrasy."- Pelaides

--- Do they at least spell 'Aristocracy' and Democracy' correctly in the America you are talking about?

But tell me, which members of Barack Obama's 'Aristocratic' family helped get him into the White House?
Perhaps it was the big money from his illegal immigrant family members he helped ensure weren't deported.

And what about the Aristocrats in Bill Clinton's family?
Jimmy Carter's?
Ronald Reagan's?

Who knew America's true Aristocracy ran through a California B-list actor, via a Georgia peanut farmer and an Arkansas serial molester?

If you did not make fun of my spelling,i would not have exposed you as an ignoramous .
All of the anglo american presidents can trace their descendants to the people who arrived on the "Mayflower"
Barack Obama,George Bush,Bill Clinton and Jimmy Carter were all related to a man named John "Lackland"plantagenet,who was a king of England and a signer of the magna carter.Ronald Reagan, and John Kennedy,who were of irish descent did not share these royal bloodlines,And as a result were both targeted for assasination.

BiggAndyy said:
No, it may be because they feel you are boring.
If i am so boring then why are you calling me a liar.Your avatar speaks for itself.

UHCAIan said:
Some of my great uncles (3) fought in the Vietnam war. I currently have 3 cousins in the military. Two of them were stationed overseas and one is in the coast guard. One of my great aunts was in the military. My church is also filled with several who have served in the armed forces. They are worthy of much respect because they defend our nation and protect our rights! God truly bless and keep our troops!
And you should be proud of them sister.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
"If you did not make fun of my spelling, I would not have exposed you as an ignoramus." - Pelaides

--- Can't spell AND you hurl insults. Boy, you are just living the stereotype.

"All of the anglo american presidents can trace their descendants to teh people who arrived on the "Mayflower" Barack Obama, George Bush, Bill Clinton and Jimmy Carter were all related to a man named John "Lackland" plantagenet, who was a king of England and signer of the magna carter. Ronald Reagan and John Kennedy, who were of irish descent did not share these royal bloodlines, And as a result were both targeted for assasination." - Pelaides

--- "magna carter?"............*blink*............*blink*...............Muahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I read your post and am left marveling at how tight your aluminum foil helmet must be.

Don't worry, I am not going to ask you to support any of it. You simply can't. But I do thank you for the laugh...

Pelaides

Jul 30, 2012
Foreigner said:
"If you did not make fun of my spelling, I would not have exposed you as an ignoramus." - Pelaides

--- Can't spell AND you hurl insults. Boy, you are just living the stereotype.

"All of the anglo american presidents can trace their descendants to teh people who arrived on the "Mayflower" Barack Obama, George Bush, Bill Clinton and Jimmy Carter were all related to a man named John "Lackland" plantagenet, who was a king of England and signer of the magna carter. Ronald Reagan and John Kennedy, who were of irish descent did not share these royal bloodlines, And as a result were both targeted for assasination." - Pelaides

--- "magna carter?"............*blink*............*blink*...............Muahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I read your post and am left marveling at how tight your aluminum foil helmet must be.

Don't worry, I am not going to ask you to support any of it. You simply can't. But I do thank you for the laugh...
Just out of curiosity,what stereotype am i fullfiling?And yes i was trying to be nice by calling you ignorant,but now i see you are just Dumb.