Was Jesus married?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pharmboy

Jun 19, 2010
Lubbock, Tx
What would be the theological implications if Jesus were married to Mary Magdalene prior to his crucifixion? The gospels have her going to the tomb to prepare the body, which function was reserved for family.

Just curious. Serious responses only please.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know. The Bible doesn't say either way. But there are some curious things to think about.

Jesus was bidded to the wedding at Cana. They ran out of wine and Jesus was expected to supply more wine? Why is this being asked of a mere guest?

Heb 4:15 say Jesus was tempted in all manner as we are. If you aren't married, you are missing out on some of the temptations.

Jesus is called the bishop of our souls. Paul said a bishop must be the husband of one wife.
on
None of these points make the point that Jeaus was married. I acknowledge that. But they are at least something to think about.

In any sense, it wouldn't change my faith either way.

Reactions: Pharmboy

liafailrock

Jul 4, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They been trowing this idea around for a long time, Templars, Henry Sinclair, holy grail (symbolic of a woman) and their take on a perpetual Davidic throne. I think this is the worldly system of gaining power, Illuminati, conspiracy stuff and call it what you will. I personally believe that the lineage of David was continued thru Zedekiah and not thru Christ. Biblical prophecy indicates Christ coming back to claim this existing throne, i.e. he's the King de jure who has the right to the throne but never claimed it as of yet. You can get the story about Jesus marrying and having children with books like "Holy Blood Holy Grail "or "Bloodline of the Holy Grail". They likewise produce kings de jure but biblical prophecy I believe demands kings de facto for all generations. A rightful King to a throne is not a King if he's not on it for whatever reason.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Married...NO, He wasn't...He is the bridegroom waiting for His Bride at the end of this age.

eldios

May 20, 2017
California
Faith
Country
United States
What would be the theological implications if Jesus were married to Mary Magdalene prior to his crucifixion? The gospels have her going to the tomb to prepare the body, which function was reserved for family.

Just curious. Serious responses only please.

It wouldn't matter if the flesh named Jesus was married to another flesh of man named Mary. It's the spirit of God that He spoke to God's chosen believers.

John 6
63: It is the spirit that gives life, the flesh is of no avail; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life.

Pharmboy

Jun 19, 2010
Lubbock, Tx
It wouldn't matter if the flesh named Jesus was married to another flesh of man named Mary. It's the spirit of God that He spoke to God's chosen believers.

Interesting point that many who say Jesus was probably married tend to bring up. They also quote Paul in regard to things that are spirit are spiritual, etc... And also things the things Paul does not say (since his writings are even earlier than the gospels) about Jesus and his life and ministry (which is pretty much nothing about his life, miracles or teachings). To Paul it is ALL about the final act, Jesus death and resurrection.

eldios

May 20, 2017
California
Faith
Country
United States
Interesting point that many who say Jesus was probably married tend to bring up. They also quote Paul in regard to things that are spirit are spiritual, etc... And also things the things Paul does not say (since his writings are even earlier than the gospels) about Jesus and his life and ministry (which is pretty much nothing about his life, miracles or teachings). To Paul it is ALL about the final act, Jesus death and resurrection.

The true gospel of God is the voice of God in which we servants preach to His chosen believers. The words that come from His voice through our mouth contain the knowledge called Christ that reveals everything that was hidden from man until the start of the millennium reign of Christ when the first servant testified and learned that we all came from an invisible realm. He also learned what the beast is that was written about in the book of Daniel and why it was created. The first servant learned about the day of the Lord and what will happen on that day. He also learned how we'll experience life in the next generation.

I am the last servant to testify to the knowledge called Christ to end the millennium reign of Christ which happened in December of 2016 with the revelation of who I AM and how I was created.

eldios

May 20, 2017
California
Faith
Country
United States
Actually it would.

It made no difference if we servants of God were married before we were used to testify to the knowledge of God called Christ. The flesh of the world is not our true created existence and it will all perish by the end of this generation, particularly on the day of the Lord when everything on earth is destroyed.

The servant named Jesus was the first one to testify to start the millennium reign of Christ and I am the last one to testify. There were many servants who came after Jesus during the first witness of the gospel but I'm the only one during this second witness. That's because the only details left that needed to be testified to was the computer technology that the beast had human beings build with their human hands. This visible information is what was needed to learn how we're created.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It made no difference if we servants of God were married
If Jesus were to lay with a woman, married or not, His sacrifice on the cross would be tainted. He would've no longer been without spot or blemish.

If we are to believe the scriptures then we must believe that He was without sin. If you don't believe that, you're gonna burn. It's as simple as that.

Reactions: Helen

eldios

May 20, 2017
California
Faith
Country
United States
If Jesus were to lay with a woman, married or not, His sacrifice on the cross would be tainted. He would've no longer been without spot or blemish.

If we are to believe the scriptures then we must believe that He was without sin. If you don't believe that, you're gonna burn. It's as simple as that.

The flesh of the world was born of Satan so Jesus, the name of the flesh isn't his true created existence. It makes no difference what the flesh of man does in this world because it's born a sinner into the world. However, our created existence within the Word of God ( Spirit of God ) is our true righteous existence without ever sinning for eternity.

So Jesus, like all us in the flesh, were born sinners but those of us who have been enlightened in the Spirit of God ( born again ), learn that our created existence in the Word of God will never sin even though the flesh we are temporarily using in this first generation will perish because it's of the world and not of Christ.

1 John 3:
6: No one who abides in him sins; no one who sins has either seen him or known him.
9: No one born of God commits sin; for God's nature abides in him, and he cannot sin because he is born of God.

Galations 5:
24: And those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.

Galatians 5:
19: Now the works of the flesh are plain: fornication, impurity, licentiousness,
20: idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, anger, selfishness, dissension, party spirit,
21: envy, drunkenness, carousing, and the like. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Once our flesh has died, then we will wake up on a new earth with new bodies and never understand what sin is.

Jeremiah 31
33: But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the LORD: I will put my law within them, and I will write it upon their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
34: And no longer shall each man teach his neighbor and each his brother, saying, `Know the LORD,' for they shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest, says the LORD; for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more."

Pharmboy

Jun 19, 2010
Lubbock, Tx
Sex is not forbidden by the law of God. In fact it is blessed. Sex within the confines of marriage is NOT sin. Jesus would NOT have sinned had he been married and had sex. Saying sex is sin is to ascribe laws to God that were never spoken by Him.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So Jesus, like all us in the flesh, were born sinners
2 Corinthians 5
21 For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.

2 Corinthians 11
3 But I fear, lest somehow, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, so your minds may be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.
4 For if he who comes preaches another Jesus whom we have not preached, or if you receive a different spirit which you have not received, or a different gospel which you have not accepted—you may well put up with it!

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus would NOT have sinned had he been married and had sex.
And He would have given up the position as Mediator between man and God.

Think about it.

Discussing whether it would've been a sin or not is fruitless.