Was or is Satan blind to some of the scriptures?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe so. If Satan knew that Jesus's sacrifice would save all people from eternal death, could he have influenced the Pharisees and Pilate to NOT execute Jesus?

Then again, Jesus scolded Peter (or was it Satan?) in Matthew 16:23 23 But he turned and said to Peter, “Get behind me, Satan! You are a hindrance[a] to me. For you are not setting your mind on the things of God, but on the things of man.”

In Revelation, we are told that Satan will be thrown into the Lake of Fire and tormented in the presence of Jesus. Is Satan aware of this or is he ignorant of it?

So, is Satan fully aware of all scriptures and their meaning or has he been blinded to some of it?

Edited to add that demons were aware of what awaits them at the end of the ages, as demonstrated when they asked Jesus if he was there to torment them before the time.

Reactions: MatthewG and Nancy

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Patrick, just gonna run something off my own thoughts.

From what is understood,

1 Peter 5:8

Be sober, be vigilant, because your adversary the devil walketh about as a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.

Revelation 12:12 Therefore rejoice, you heavens and you who dwell in them! But woe to the earth and the sea, because the devil has gone down to you! He is filled with fury, because he knows that his time is short.”

There was a time that Satan had been devouring anyone whom be could due to his time being short, he at least knew in part that in the end, once the Mosaic law had been done away with, he was no longer going to be able to accuse anyone anymore, which that Law gave him authority to do, bringing up cases before God.

Reactions: Patrick1966

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe so. If Satan knew that Jesus's sacrifice would save all people from eternal death, could he have influenced the Pharisees and Pilate to NOT execute Jesus?

Then again, Jesus scolded Peter (or was it Satan?) in Matthew 16:23 23 But he turned and said to Peter, “Get behind me, Satan! You are a hindrance[a] to me. For you are not setting your mind on the things of God, but on the things of man.”

In Revelation, we are told that Satan will be thrown into the Lake of Fire and tormented in the presence of Jesus. Is Satan aware of this or is he ignorant of it?

So, is Satan fully aware of all scriptures and their meaning or has he been blinded to some of it?

Edited to add that demons were aware of what awaits them at the end of the ages, as demonstrated when they asked Jesus if he was there to torment them before the time.
These are things I too have pondered Patrick,
But God, being sovereign, would never let anything hinder His plans, especially Satan...IMO.

Matthew 16:23 23 - Maybe Jesus is speaking to both?? Dunno.
I am sure that Satan knows of all the scriptures, maybe doesn't understand them all but, I bet this one he did because: of Rev. 12:12 "Therefore, rejoice, O heavens! And you who live in the heavens, rejoice! But terror will come on the earth and the sea, for the devil has come down to you in great anger, knowing that he has little time.” Goes along with your verse where they asked Jesus if he was there to torment before the TIME...

Good questions and, I really have no idea if Satan is ignorant of some scripture...

Reactions: Patrick1966

Augustin56

Apr 16, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan knows Scripture better than any human. He has angelic intelligence and powers. And, he existed long before the first line of Scripture was ever written. In fact, he watched every event that happened that was written in Scripture.

He just rejects God and anything to do with God. And his decision is ratified in eternity. He can never repent.

Reactions: dev553344

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Patrick, just gonna run something off my own thoughts.

From what is understood,

1 Peter 5:8

Be sober, be vigilant, because your adversary the devil walketh about as a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.

Revelation 12:12 Therefore rejoice, you heavens and you who dwell in them! But woe to the earth and the sea, because the devil has gone down to you! He is filled with fury, because he knows that his time is short.”

There was a time that Satan had been devouring anyone whom be could due to his time being short, he at least knew in part that in the end, once the Mosaic law had been done away with, he was no longer going to be able to accuse anyone anymore, which that Law gave him authority to do, bringing up cases before God.
Very interesting. I had not previously thought of that. Thanks.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan knows Scripture better than any human. He has angelic intelligence and powers. And, he existed long before the first line of Scripture was ever written. In fact, he watched every event that happened that was written in Scripture.

He just rejects God and anything to do with God. And his decision is ratified in eternity. He can never repent.
Well, Satan was created to do God's will, right? If so, then perhaps it's possible that God blinded Satan to some scriptures in order for Satan NOT to repent and to do what God created him to do. I don't know; I'm just thinking out loud. :)

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

That is very correct. Satan is highly intelligent and only does evil. He rebels against the good God.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, Satan was created to do God's will, right? If so, then perhaps it's possible that God blinded Satan to some scriptures in order for Satan NOT to repent and to do what God created him to do. I don't know; I'm just thinking out loud. :)
Satan cannot repent.

Space_Karen

Oct 1, 2022
west coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is interesting to me how pharisees and sadducees believed attacking Christ would solve all their problems.

The attack on Christ and expansion of Christianity which followed provided a moral framework for making things like slavery, genocide and corruption less culturally acceptable.

Which could have carried an ironic side effect of making life harder for pharisees and sadducees.

There is an interesting angle to it where people might unconsciously manifest that which they fear the most.

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is an interesting angle to it where people might unconsciously manifest that which they fear the most.
Like me interacting with people I put on ignore for good reason. Yet I still do it from time to time :( Some day I'll learn from my mistakes.

The interesting thing about Satan is when his angels asked Jesus if he was there to torment them before their time. So they obviously knew what their fate was already.

Reactions: Space_Karen

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That ignore button helpful and for good reason though devin. Having to start to implemnet it myself. Its not hateful, its just protecting oneself from losing their mond from the way others may go about doing things. In real life its much different but very much the same you lesrn to tune in and tune out.

Augustin56

Apr 16, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Keep in mind that God created all the angels. About a third of them, through an act of their will, rebelled against Him. They were led by Lucifer (now called Satan). And all of this happened long, long before the first letter of Scripture was written. And, Satan and his demons can do absolutely nothing without God's express permission each and every time.

And unlike humans, Satan cannot repent. Angels, once they have made a decision, are confirmed in that decision for all eternity. That is their nature.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some times Satan can mean just adversary,

Someone against.

Some people may not know all the scripture, some could be able to quote as much as they can remeber just to tear you down.

This why sola scriptura never worked, its like little dagger blades pulled out in a western cowboy scene to slit the throats of people who “are consider adversary or enemies”,

When it comes to the actual devil / Satan which resided once with God i believe he has been taken care off done away with.

But spirits of the world remain - ex. Spirit of hate, spirit of manipualtion, etc.

Apache1

Nov 19, 2022
Norwich
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I can see it now

"Hey Jesus, fancy a trip to Earth where you will have to argue with Pharisees in order to defeat a fallen angel that I created knowing full well he would rebel"

"Not really"

"Papa spank"