We need to listen to our Lord Jesus Christ in order to...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jer 26:“And you will say to them, ‘Thus says the LORD, “If you will not listen to Me, to walk in My law which I have set before you, to listen to the words of My servants the prophets, whom I have been sending to you again and again, but you have not listened;

We need to listen to our Lord - "TO" walk in His law which He set before us - and "TO" wind up listening to those servants and prophets of His who is has been sending to us again and again!!

Yet we often don't want to listen to Him and think we are walking in His Law by just leaning on our own understanding of what's right and wrong, and then we don't listen to those servants of His that He is sending to us.

You see - if we don't want to listen to Him we don't have the teaching, understanding, and knowledge that only comes from actually listening to Him - but our stuck with our own selfish ways or others like us. We won't even believe or listen to a word from God if He sends someone with it --- and that word usually has something to do with listening to our Lord Jesus Christ or some clarification about what He is saying.

There is nothing new under the Sun. People are not willing to listen to Him, so they don't understand the Law (which is based on loving the Lord your God and your neighbor), and they are not willing to listen to anyone coming in His name either - because that would be like listening to Him, which they don't want to do!!

Of course the reason they don't want to listen to Him is that the Lord reproves us if we do listen to Him.

So what will happen if we don't listen to Him?

Jer 26:6 then I will make this house like Shiloh, and this city I will make a curse to all the nations of the earth.

Of course that kind of thing would not ever apply to this great nation, right? We haven't been like a curse to any nations on earth have we??? What is in the news.