Weird question to ask.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

sea_echols

Oct 3, 2022
Muskogee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello, I know this may be a ridiculous question and other questions are far more important, but I really want to know. I am an adult guy, and I am a freediver looking to take it up a notch. Is it wrong or weird for me to get a mermaid tail and swim using it? The reason I ask is I know there are adult guys out there who do, but I do not believe they are Christian so they possibly wouldn't know anything wrong if there is anything wrong with it but it's generally a girl thing becoming a gender-neutral thing and I do not want to be getting into something I shouldn't. What's your stance? Would this be an ok thing for me to do? (By the way if it helps the design is not girly it's the design of an orca)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Hello, I know this may be a ridiculous question and other questions are far more important, but I really want to know. I am an adult guy, and I am a freediver looking to take it up a notch. Is it wrong or weird for me to get a mermaid tail and swim using it? The reason I ask is I know there are adult guys out there who do, but I do not believe they are Christian so they possibly wouldn't know anything wrong if there is anything wrong with it but it's generally a girl thing becoming a gender-neutral thing and I do not want to be getting into something I shouldn't. What's your stance? Would this be an ok thing for me to do? (By the way if it helps the design is not girly it's the design of an orca)
@sea_echols I suppose an eel has a similar tail.

You must be a strong swimmer, anyway....

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Orcas are beautiful. I'm wondering why you need anybody else's input on this, but I looked at your profile and see that you are very young. Surely it is nobody's business but yours - something between you and God. Other people's opinions can muddy the waters so I would say don't go against your conscience. And only you know what it is telling you. If in doubt ask God not other people.

My own view is that it would be okay. And don't mermen have tails too?

OIP.FfWkfzbRypVRTaoEGMMdugHaLl
OIP.KqbIj2gxSM5OVNWl7H-21gHaIn

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Orcas are beautiful. I'm wondering why you need anybody else's input on this, but I looked at your profile and see that you are very young. Surely it is nobody's business but yours - something between you and God. Other people's opinions can muddy the waters so I would say don't go against your conscience. And only you know what it is telling you. If in doubt ask God not other people.

My own view is that it would be okay. And don't mermen have tails too?
@Pearl It's not founded in reality in any case; since mermaids are mythological creatures.....

Reactions: shortangel

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Is it wrong or weird for me to get a mermaid tail and swim using it?
Yes it is definitely wrong and frankly weird that a swimmer would even think along these lines. The very fact that you ask means that you have some doubts about the acceptability of this. Given the current demonic trend towards trans-genderism and trans-humanism, stay away from all foolishness. Also mermaids are mythical creatures associated with pagan mythology. And orcas are just one step away.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
why not use two tails and make a statement! :eek:

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Sounds fine to me. I don't personally think that a tail is a girlie thing, I do think that you have to be pretty fit to use something like a tail. It's not like girls wearing pants or anything...If you feel uncomfortable about it, ask God first. Blessed! xox

Reactions: shortangel

shortangel

Aug 23, 2020
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
in legend & in books there are merman & mermaids like the story of the Little Mermaid i'm not talking about the Disney version but the orginal story of The Little mermaid, i've read it, but yes you need to pray about what you want to do & ask God about it

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
@sea_echols. How far up the legs do they go or are they up to your hips? They look like they will enable the wearer to speed through the water fast...but again, you would have to be pretty fit to use them by the looks

Reactions: Pearl

sea_echols

Oct 3, 2022
Muskogee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@sea_echols. How far up the legs do they go or are they up to your hips? They look like they will enable the wearer to speed through the water fast...but again, you would have to be pretty fit to use them by the looks

They go up to the hips, but you do not have to be "fit" necessarily to use it, you just have to know how to swim using the dolphin kick. The clothing part of it is just for fun and it holds the legs together but the monofin itself at the feet is what adds propulsion. I've used a monofin before and it is very fun to use and so is dolphin kicking, the clothing part would just keep the legs together more and be even more fun to swim in.

Reactions: Pearl

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
They go up to the hips, but you do not have to be "fit" necessarily to use it, you just have to know how to swim using the dolphin kick. The clothing part of it is just for fun and it holds the legs together but the monofin itself at the feet is what adds propulsion. I've used a monofin before and it is very fun to use and so is dolphin kicking, the clothing part would just keep the legs together more and be even more fun to swim in.
Go for it @sea_echols God is not against us having fun, so will you give it a try?

MJ-TIC

Jul 27, 2022
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes it is definitely wrong and frankly weird that a swimmer would even think along these lines. The very fact that you ask means that you have some doubts about the acceptability of this. Given the current demonic trend towards trans-genderism and trans-humanism, stay away from all foolishness. Also mermaids are mythical creatures associated with pagan mythology. And orcas are just one step away.
Makes sense!

David Boyer

Aug 27, 2022
Moncton,NB
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Do you feel that you would be sinning to do so?
I think you have a rational answer for why you would like to mimic a God created creature (orca) because you are in the orcas environment and God created sea creatures to be efficient in the sea.
Otherwise you should not wear flippers as you are trying to be a duck and not a man... silly argument. A tool is a tool until you start making it more.

Do you feel you could not explain why you wear it to a weaker brother?
If you think that others in that community or your circle of influence would be lead astray by your wearing a killer whale tale... that might be a problem.
After every dive... surface and proclaim the wonders of the God created form of the whale and how it has an aqua dynamical advantage in the water... Not that you are a whale but a man using a design that God created for the water... you turn a question of "trans-humanism" or "species fetishism" into a testimony of God's greatness.

Dive deep and strong my brother.

Reactions: Angelina and Pearl