What Are we Getting Saved From?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is my Savior! That would be Jesus! There is no other Savior.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why don't you quote the Scripture? Do you need to consult Kindgom Hall?[/QUOTE\]

I've already showed you in scripture, specifically Genesis 2:7, that it proves that the doctrine of the immortality of the soul is false, and the Hellfire doctrine is false but you don't believe that scripture, so you don't believe what the true God has to say in his matter. The scripture at Genesis 2:7 is telling us that when the flesh and blood human body doesn't have the breath of life(spirit) in that flesh and blood human body that flesh and blood human body is not a living soul or living person, we know this because before God blew that breath of life(spirit) into that flesh and blood human body that scripture doesn't say that the flesh and blood human body became a living soul or living person until after God blew the breath of life (spirit) into that flesh and blood human body. That's when the flesh and blood human body became a living Soul or living person. So anyone who says that the breath of life(spirit) is a living soul or living person separately, on it's own, without it being in a flesh and blood human body is either ignorant of the scriptures because they been deceived to believe a lie, or they are outright liars. The doctrine of the immortality of the soul is false so is the Hellfire doctrine. The human being doesn't have a living soul or living person inside him that separates at death and goes anywhere. The human being, meaning that flesh and blood human body is either a dead soul if the breath of life(spirit) isn't in that flesh and blood human body, or the flesh and blood human body is a living soul or living person as long as the breath of life(spirit) is in that flesh and blood human body. The flesh and blood human body that is no longer a living soul or living person can't feel, or see or speak when that flesh and blood human body which is a dead soul or no longer a living person can possibly go to such places.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I knew you are JW. You twist the Hell out of our Christian Bible.

I don't, twist YHWH God word, I agree with it, but you believe what you want. I however know that YHWH God shows us clearly that when the breath of life(spirit) leaves the flesh and blood human body, human beings cease to exist as living souls or living persons. You have been deceived by Satan just as he deceived Eve when Satan said she wouldn't die. You don't believe in death but instead like the Greek philosophers you believe death is just a doorway to another plain of existence and that the living soul or living person continues to exist in hell or heaven. Which means you have also done away with the resurrection. The scriptures however has always said that the resurrection was the hope of the dead to exist again as living souls or living persons.

Reactions: Wrangler

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Jack
God gives us WISDOM on knowing when to put the lies and liars into his hands.

What is corrupt will remain corrupted unless the Holy Spirit is allowed to open willfully blinded eyes. We can do nothing about it on our own.

Leave it to God. Go with the sweet spirit of sharing his love. When the time is prepared; if they allow him, then they will NOT be able to NOT hear God.

Be it here or at the judgment, it is their choice !

Go in peace and love.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't, twist YHWH God word, I agree with it, but you believe what you want. I however know that YHWH God shows us clearly that when the breath of life(spirit) leaves the flesh and blood human body, human beings cease to exist as living souls or living persons. You have been deceived by Satan just as he deceived Eve when Satan said she wouldn't die. You don't believe in death but instead like the Greek philosophers you believe death is just a doorway to another plain of existence and that the living soul or living person continues to exist in hell or heaven. Which means you have also done away with the resurrection. The scriptures however has always said that the resurrection was the hope of the dead to exist again as living souls or living persons.
JW's twist nearly every verse in the Christian Bible. How else would I know you're JW? You twist the Hell out of our Christian Bible, just like Kingdom Hall does, just like Satan.

Last edited:

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
JW's twist nearly every verse in the Christian Bible. How else would I know you're JW? You twist the Hell out of our Christian Bible, just like Kingdom Hall does.

I know you believe that, but like I said Genesis 2:7 is clear. You can huff and puff all you want but Genesis 2:7 isn't saying God gave man a soul. Genesis 2:7 says that man is a soul. That means that the doctrine of immortality of the soul, and the Hellfire doctrine are false. People saying that at death man has some living person that comes out of his/her body and goes to hell or heaven isn't true. The hope for the dead has always been the resurrection, and the resurrection has always been said in scripture to not start until the second presence of Jesus Christ.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
JW's twist nearly every verse in the Christian Bible. How else would I know you're JW? You twist the Hell out of our Christian Bible, just like Kingdom Hall does, just like Satan.

let's see who truly believes scripture. You tell me what Genesis 2:7 is saying. I don't mean quote scripture, anybody can quote scripture. Tell me what Genesis 2:7 is saying. Reason on the scriptures as the scriptures themselves tell you to do. What is Genesis 2:7 saying.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
let's see who truly believes scripture. You tell me what Genesis 2:7 is saying. I don't mean quote scripture, anybody can quote scripture. Tell me what Genesis 2:7 is saying. Reason on the scriptures as the scriptures themselves tell you to do. What is Genesis 2:7 saying.
Why don't you quote it? Do you need permission from Kingdom Hall?

You are avoiding NT just like JW's do! Kingdom Hall, hallway to Hell fire!

Revelation 20
10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know you believe that, but like I said Genesis 2:7 is clear. You can huff and puff all you want but Genesis 2:7 isn't saying God gave man a soul. Genesis 2:7 says that man is a soul. That means that the doctrine of immortality of the soul, and the Hellfire doctrine are false. People saying that at death man has some living person that comes out of his/her body and goes to hell or heaven isn't true. The hope for the dead has always been the resurrection, and the resurrection has always been said in scripture to not start until the second presence of Jesus Christ.
Satan's children love telling us there is no "everlasting fire".

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why don't you quote it? Do you need permission from Kingdom Hall?

You are avoiding NT just like JW's do! Kingdom Hall, hallway to Hell fire!

Revelation 20
10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.
You didn't tell me what the scripture at Genesis 2:7 is saying.

The Third One

Oct 1, 2022
St Louis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most Christians would say that we are being saved from "sin" or from "Hell." Biblically, one must go all the way back to where our problems started. One will find that we are saved from the devastating power of the Knowledge of Good & Evil.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I agree with what the Society says, that the forbidden tree represents Gods rulership, his sovereignty. Gods right to decide what is in the best interests of what he created(good) and what's not in the best interests of what he created(bad, evil).
Me too.

Watchtower 2018 April page 6, 7 paragraph 10: Adam and Eve had the freedom to choose whether they would obey God or not. But only Jehovah has the right to decide what is good and what is bad. “The tree of the knowledge of good and bad” was evidence to Adam and Eve of that fact.
Agree with that too....I think that you are misinterpreting what I am saying.

So the tree of knowledge of good and evil represents God's sovereignty his rulership, meaning only his right to decide what is good or bad for what he created.
Yes I agree completely, so where did you get the idea that I didn't?

My point was that evil had to exist in order for anyone to "know" it. How can you know something that does not exist?

Aunty Jane when the scriptures say, "Jehovah God then said: “Here the man has become like one of us in knowing good and bad. Now in order that he may not put his hand out and take fruit also from the tree of life and eat and live forever."

It means that Adam and Eve decided that they would decide for themselves without God what is in the best interests of human beings and what is not in the best interests of human beings.
Yes, they decided to disobey a direct command and unleashed a knowledge of evil on all humankind that descended from them. The knowledge of evil led to evil practices...within one generation, a murderer was produced. If God and his son had that knowledge...it had to already exist, but was not practiced. The devil was the first one to run contrary to God's commands....he tempted the woman to commit evil and she in turn tempted the man......mission accomplished. He had separated them from Jehovah, and he knew it.
God's response was therefore vital, because the success of the whole of creation was at stake. Free will had become a curse, instead of the gift that Jehovah had intended it to be.

It would indicate that the Word already had “knowledge of good and bad.” From his long and intimate experience with Jehovah, the Son certainly learned well his Father’s thinking, principles and standards.
You see that you just agreed with me.....? The knowledge of evil existed with God and his son, but was at first prevented from interfering with the lives of the first humans until satan introduced it.....there was no way to put that 'genie' back in the proverbial bottle, so God chose to implement a very important object lesson that would allow all of his children (both in heaven and on earth) to see first hand where a knowledge of evil would lead them.....it was a brilliant tactic because it would create precedents that were everlasting.....so it can never happen again.

Reactions: JohnPaul

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Me too.

Agree with that too....I think that you are misinterpreting what I am saying.

Yes I agree completely, so where did you get the idea that I didn't?

My point was that evil had to exist in order for anyone to "know" it. How can you know something that does not exist?

Yes, they decided to disobey a direct command and unleashed a knowledge of evil on all humankind that descended from them. The knowledge of evil led to evil practices...within one generation, a murderer was produced. If God and his son had that knowledge...it had to already exist, but was not practiced. The devil was the first one to run contrary to God's commands....he tempted the woman to commit evil and she in turn tempted the man......mission accomplished. He had separated them from Jehovah, and he knew it.
God's response was therefore vital, because the success of the whole of creation was at stake. Free will had become a curse, instead of the gift that Jehovah had intended it to be.

You see that you just agreed with me.....? The knowledge of evil existed with God and his son, but was at first prevented from interfering with the lives of the first humans until satan introduced it.....there was no way to put that 'genie' back in the proverbial bottle, so God chose to implement a very important object lesson that would allow all of his children (both in heaven and on earth) to see first hand where a knowledge of evil would lead them.....it was a brilliant tactic because it would create precedents that were everlasting.....so it can never happen again.

I'm sorry but it sounded to me that what you were saying at post #683 was that the kind of evil, meaning rebellion, had to exist in order for good to exist, so that their would be balance. It sounded to me like you were saying a rebellious angel, that kind of evil, had to exist for good to exist, so that there would be balance. I misunderstood, I'm sorry. I'm just not ever going to agree that rebellion had to exist for good to exist, and I'm not ever going agree a rebellious angel had to exist for there to be balance. That's obviously what I misunderstood that you were saying. Maybe I'm too sensitive when someone I think might be suggesting such an idea. Really I'm very sorry.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I'm sorry but it sounded to me that what you were saying at post #683 was that the kind of evil, meaning rebellion, had to exist in order for good to exist, so that their would be balance. It sounded to me like you were saying a rebellious angel, that kind of evil, had to exist for good to exist, so that there would be balance. I misunderstood, I'm sorry. I'm just not ever going to agree that rebellion had to exist for good to exist, and I'm not ever going agree a rebellious angel had to exist for there to be balance. That's obviously what I misunderstood that you were saying. Maybe I'm too sensitive when someone I think might be suggesting such an idea. Really I'm very sorry.
I knew it had to be a misunderstanding Barney...no harm done. ;)

Reactions: JohnPaul